Newbie 612: Cancelled due to mod error

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by pmchugh »

Dean Harper wrote:
Vote: pmchugh
for being in NG 600 with me.
lol when i seen the list of names I was going to head straight for you.

Why stop now eh?
vote dean
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:33 am

Post by pmchugh »

TartarianCerberus wrote:
Vote: pmchuck
for not posting yet.
No wonder he hasnt posted pmchuck isnt in the game.

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
[/dice]
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 am

Post by pmchugh »

EBWOP Just wanted to test the dice out it had no meaning.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 am

Post by pmchugh »

I think this random dice thing is more scummy than just normal random voting. Its like you are trying to avoid connecting yourself with anyone and stop yourselves making slip ups. It also makes you look like you are trying to point out that your vote was properly random. Only scum are frightnened in these ways.

FOS anyone who used dice to vote.

unvote vote strappado
, for trying to vote this way and failing :lol:
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by pmchugh »

Brandi wrote:
pmchugh wrote:I think this random dice thing is more scummy than just normal random voting. Its like you are trying to avoid connecting yourself with anyone and stop yourselves making slip ups. It also makes you look like you are trying to point out that your vote was properly random. Only scum are frightnened in these ways.

FOS anyone who used dice to vote.

unvote vote strappado
, for trying to vote this way and failing :lol:
I disagree. Especially with your insinuation that 'only scum' would do such a thing seeing as how JamesThePhox, babygirl86
and
Strappado all used the dice. In this game set up there are only 2 scum, yet the total people using the dice is 3. I
do
agree that the usage of the dice is rather pointless, seeing as how it takes all the fun away from the random voting stage. I think its better when everyone has a reason, despite how inane or ridiculous, because that makes random voting a bit more interesting than just "Oh the dice said this."

Regardless of that, I think that your reasonings for it being scummy are not very solid at all and the fact that you would point that out is slightly suspicious in my opinion. Anyone could decide to use a dice and not just because they are 'frightened scum.' Their reasonings could be as arbitrary as the dice themselves.

Therefore,
FOS: pmchugh

strappado wrote: Well, I'll be. Nevermind then, I wont use it.
I'll random
vote: Brandi
for changing her random vote to a "love vote" and solemnly swear to never again use the "dice" feature when random voting.
OMGUS! :P
I didnt mean that everyone who uses it is scum, I merely meant that using it is helpful to scum and that if you wanted to avoid slipping up then doing this would be a good idea. And scum are much more likely to be afraid of slipping up, the only townies who are are newbies.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am

Post by pmchugh »

W!nt3r wrote:
strappado wrote:
W!nt3r wrote:Also, I was not representing what you were doing, I was asking if that was your intention, and I dont see anything hilarious about asking a player if they may be jumping on a convenient bandwagon a little too early.
As for this tidbit:

Yes you were, in fact representing my actions incorrectly. I foSed you, because despite your scummy behavior, the first three votes on you were up to the point, random. When and if those votes are removed, I will vote for you so as to make clear that I was not jumping on a Random-phase wagon, and instead voting you based on my suspicions....The hilarity lies with your reactions, and your actions. Your overt defensiveness is supportive of my suspicions regardless.
Hilarity? overt defensiveness?

Your over-reacting, you are the one being defensive
fos winter

unvote

What are you two even arguing about? Whether or not we had all agreed if it was more scummy to use the dice to vote? if so then do you not agree winter? And if not why not.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by pmchugh »

Well put brandi. I would also like to ask, why did you push such a simple point so furiously and be prepared to vote him for as you put it a "mis-understanding"

As far as I see it there was no mis-understanding as no-one has disagreed that it looks scummy, plus if you look at his initial post he says:
strappado wrote:
I think
we're all agreed on the dice roll thing. I dont know if I will think in future games that someone is scummy for using it, but I think it does take away some info that can be gained during the random stage, and town needs all the info they can get. Does anyone think a "love" vote takes away information that can be gained, or can that be just as useful later on?
He doesnt exactly say, Everyone 100% fully agrees that...

He says I think...

Oh and for those of you that dont know IGMEOY means, its: I've Got My Eye On You. Essentially its the same as FOS- Finger Of Suspicion except used less commonly. Its used for when you find someone suspicious but not enough to vote them.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by pmchugh »

Brandi wrote:I was confused at first when you said He. Strappado is a girl ;P
Sorry I presumed all badgers were male, I always wondered how the lasted so long.

Anyway back on topic. Yes it is good to pressure people to try and get scum tells however you could at least base your accusations on something a little more than someone presuming that everyone was in agreement because as far as Ive seen she was right has as no-one has disagreed yet.
winter wrote:Please site my over reaction, so that I may be properly refuted{/quote]

I did but you didnt exactly refute it.
winter wrote:Secondly I pushed it because it would get a reaction... reactions are used to find scum. I got reactions. Welcome to mafia
ps. while your play hasnt been perfect I dont actually think you are scum I just disagree with your point.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:26 am

Post by pmchugh »

Just look at your last two posts, as soon as tarta accuses you you hit out at him. A few times people have called you defensive and you have been like Theres no way im defensive! which is quite ironic.
winter wrote:@PM: Where is your clarification on what I said that can be construed as over-reacting? I must have missed it and would like to address it.
I hadnt even really got round to it but you admitted yourself that you pushed hard, I can go back and quote if you like but I see no point. You know you over-reacted but I dont think that it neccessarily means you are scum.
W!nt3r wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Well put brandi. I would also like to ask, why did you push such a simple point so furiously and be prepared to vote him for as you put it a "mis-understanding"

As far as I see it there was no mis-understanding as no-one has disagreed that it looks scummy, plus if you look at his initial post he says:
strappado wrote:
I think
we're all agreed on the dice roll thing. I dont know if I will think in future games that someone is scummy for using it, but I think it does take away some info that can be gained during the random stage, and town needs all the info they can get. Does anyone think a "love" vote takes away information that can be gained, or can that be just as useful later on?
He doesnt exactly say, Everyone 100% fully agrees that...

He says I think...
Firstly, I believe Strap may be female as it display's the "female" symbol next to her avatar.

Secondly I pushed it because it would get a reaction... reactions are used to find scum. I got reactions. Welcome to mafia.

And tarta you contridicted yourself a little by saying that we were all over-reactigng and then voting w!nt3r for the same reasons that we suspected him.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:10 am

Post by pmchugh »

At this point imnot really sure who to suspect, I think that Winter was wrong to jump so heavily at strap but I dont think he is scum at the moment. Personally im going to look at the people who are sitting on the fence and trying to stay out of the argument.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:57 am

Post by pmchugh »

J-man wrote:lol, Brandi seriously you find it scummy that i am ignoring you? pfft what ever you think.

the reason it was dangerous is because you have grouped yourself with strap basing your entire credibility upon him being pro-town, if he isn't you may have damned yourself. Something said with such certainty should be offered more carefully.

And i take offense to you implying that i am OMGUSn' lol

women....
:lol:

Brandi's right though.
Dean wrote:Id also like to make a note that what Winter said was true, he really wasnt overreactive during his argument with Strappado. He was just being accused of overreaction when in reality he was defending himself fit for the situation. (All of this being gathered after 2 re-reads). This brings me to suspect someone. Pmchugh was the first to say, outside of the actual argument that Winter was overreacting. He was also the one who first told Winter where he looked scummy after the argument was over. This may indicate (at least from my perspective) that scum is trying to make accusations on a subtle and overlooked basis. I also want to state that I KNOW that i made a post just like Pmchugh's after his, trying to give evidence toward the Winter suspicion. FoS: pmchugh
maybe its just his play style but everything he says seems to be over-stated not really sure what to make of that. As for me being the first to say that, what has it got to do with anything? You obviously agreed that i had a point as you KNOW that you made a post also trying to give evidence to his suspicion. Just because I said it first doent make it any more or less true.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #11) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:49 am

Post by pmchugh »

You ask me where you over-reacted, I have realised its just the way you post everything you say is exaggerated and you also use large words that make your posts seem more forceful. Im not saying this is bad or points to you being scum, you just post slightly differently from most people. Take your latest post for exampe.
W!nt3r wrote:
J-man wrote:in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
How interesting....
Seeing as I'm not currently voting:

VOTE J-Man

His WIFOM statement regarding my play is just unbearable to understand/think about, and this little tidbit, along with his unusually misogynistic comment regarding Brandi makes me foam at the mouth for blood. Regardless of his alignment, like brandi said... he's playing very Anti-town at this point.

'foam at the mouth for blood' isnt that a bit OTT?

'misogynistic' excuse my stupidness but I dont actually no what that means.

There are many more examples if you go fishing but I cant be bothered as i dont see it as an important point.

Strange how j-man got replaced 1 min after posting without even telling us he was going to leave. I also agree he has looked slightly scummy espicially with his last post
J-man wrote:Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.
Saying just kill me is always a big scum tell.
FOS j-man/td
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 am

Post by pmchugh »

He must have ment jamesthephox but had you in mind because your the scum!
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #13) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 am

Post by pmchugh »

Sorry I havent been active, ive got an exam tommorow, I will read up and post something.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #14) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:05 am

Post by pmchugh »

Non-game related stuff:

OTT= Over the top. Winter you make me feel stupid :cry:
why do PEOPLE like to put EVERY third word in CAPITALS?

Game Related stuff:

I still do not believe winter to be scum, this is because i dont believe that scum (espicially IC scum) would draw that attention to themselves unneccesarily so early on. I also believe he is because of his play style, he is very assured of who he thinks is scum and very decisive. Scum generally like to keep their options open as if they are wrong then they can be in trouble.

On TC he has played poorly but that doesnt mean I think he is scum, although I would like to know why you get scummy vibes from me.

J-man, I agree with Brandi here he seems scummy to me. His intent to lynch TC is for two reasons, TC suspected him and he is the other likely target at the moment. A town member shouldnt just worry about themselves but also on who seems most likely to be scum.

His latest post:
J-man wrote:Brandi you seem to like to post alot but as far as I know I voted for TC way back on the first page and haven't looked back since, I thought TCs guilt was becoming more clear rather then less clear to the rest of you, *sigh*

And about your fabricated W!nt3r-Jman connection its silly, I can explain exactly why I have been wavering on W!nt3rs guilt, its because he has been playing well and his posts say one thing when my instinct say another. I'm sorry if you have a problem with me complimenting people but mabye you should try reading my posts and taking them at there face value because that what they are. Maybe try looking at it from my POV, mine being that I'm pro-town ofcourse. Who else is there to Accuse... well do what you must.

I would not be surprised if it was a TC W!nt3r scum pair
The "spoiler" bit of your post is you again merely trying to offload blame onto others you are desperate and I know this word has been used a lot but your very defensive (just like w!nt3r :lol: ) and forceful. But not in the same way as w!nt3r your posts are more insulting than anything, you and winter being scum is possible and is not a "silly" idea.

fos j-man
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #15) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:04 am

Post by pmchugh »

Ok was there some major muck up in this game, I am cop too. Either that or j-man and babygirl are scum buddies but I think thats a huge risk for babygirl to take to counter claim her partner.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:06 am

Post by pmchugh »

MOD have you gave the cop role to multiple people?
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #17) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:18 am

Post by pmchugh »

What happens if a mistake has been made? I take it the game would be scrapped so that means either way it doent matter if we lynch j-man.

1. if hes lying we lynch some scum.
2. if hes telling the truth then it doesnt matter cause the game will end anyway.

unvote vote j-man
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 am

Post by pmchugh »

Dam I was wrong, I didnt suspect either strap or tart :cry:

Well done brandi, *goes to sign up for another game*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”