Newbie 612: Cancelled due to mod error

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed May 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by J-man »

W!nt3r wrote:aadfjkgladsbhjlf

I'm here, was having trouble posting for some stupid reason...

arbitrary
Vote - Babygirl
Vote: W!nt3r
for posting before me.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed May 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by J-man »

Unvote, Vote: TartarianCerberus
for screwing up his hot link, its 612 not 621
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:18 am

Post by J-man »

indeed
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by J-man »

Also I would see your point if Strap actually intended to deceive anyone. But she didn't. All she did was state that she was assured that everyone had agreed on something based on the previous responses in the thread. It was just a simple mistake on her part that she didn't take into account the others that had yet to express their opinions.
That my friend is a very dangerous statement you just put out there you do realize what you have done by saying that don't you?
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by J-man »

I have to say that misrepresentation of information is a VERY BIG SCUM TELL, especially in noobie games, when players don't always make 2 or even 3 reads through a game thread. To misrepresent information, however vital, is deceptive to the other players. Deception is a tactic any scum will employ to play properly. Townies should have NO reason to misrepresent or deceive.
I agree with this statement except that at the start there is a huge flaw, when you say
especially in noobie games,
that is where our opinions differ, i find that it is less of a scum tell in newbie games except in some cases, but thats walking both sides of the fence, and we can't have that.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by J-man »

oh and one more comment before I'm out.

About the whole W!nt3r baiting you guys, GJ winter you defiantly got the game rolling but mabye next time a little bait and switch would be more effective in drawing out the mafia.

A wider net is bound to catch more fish.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by J-man »

I think that what W!nt3r did was very well done and a very good move, except maybe the part about overly protesting when he was called defensive. He has set himself up in a very good place in the first pages making himself important through his many early posts. He has set himself up to be a powerful player, a good move for any player that feels confident either in his scum hunting or townie impersonation.

I say Good Job W!nt3r, although you have put me in a tough spot, now i have to figure out whether you are scum or not. Though who knows til your dead eh?
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by J-man »

in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Sun May 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by J-man »

lol, Brandi seriously you find it scummy that i am ignoring you? pfft what ever you think.

the reason it was dangerous is because you have grouped yourself with strap basing your entire credibility upon him being pro-town, if he isn't you may have damned yourself. Something said with such certainty should be offered more carefully.

And i take offense to you implying that i am OMGUSn' lol

women....
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 am

Post by J-man »

J-man wrote: in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
well since you guys really took this strangely I will give you as much of a explanation as I can. When i wrote this i was unaware of posts 101-103 it was meant to be a direct reply to winters post 100. And one of us don't understand WIFOM winter because that statement is not that as I understand it.
Finally why i wrote it, I wrote it to tell winter i thought i saw quite clearly, people were willing to let it go and winter was only causing the town damage by not allowing us to get past that little thing which i am sure no one can effectively defend, points that have been adequately verified by the above posts/discussion.

Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.

And IGMEOY winter misrepresentation is no minor sin especially against me.
(I would happily withdraw that if that is indeed WIFOMn')
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #10) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 am

Post by J-man »

What? how can you just replace me? I am active what the hell?
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #11) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by J-man »

so i am currently at -2 lynch so when you do come back and read the posts Brandi if you do intend to vote for me post as such, I would greatly appreciate a condensed listing of my transgressions.
J-man wrote:Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.
First of all this is likely my most honest statement and I am sorry if you can't understand how i post without knowing my alignment, maybe i am a forgetful person, or maybe i don't take this game a seriously as you do. the first part of the sentence pretty well falls under the same defense, if you lynch me it will be a mistake but i won't be alive to regret it, and so my honest statement still stands, If you don't like the way i play kill me. Scummy or not it is the truth.

I would also like to throw in on TartarianCerberus, (herefore referred to as TC) in as much as you find me scummy TC is at least as scummy I do not abide lurkers with out great reason, and I have found that my instinct in meat mafia (meat=rl) is often spot on, and just to remind you all
re-Vote:TartarianCerberus
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by J-man »

sorry about the double post but the whole misogynistic thing has been blew out of proportion it was intended as a jest no malice intended, and I now see it was perhaps made in poor taste and would withdraw it if possible.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by J-man »

@Brandi- your misunderstood me somewhat, I am not exactly sure how i can explain this to your benefit at all, its not that i don't know my alignment its that I try to not let it influence how i respond in games, i.e. my above statement that TC has been so generous in his dissection, (Thank you TC for that, you are just proving my vote is placed correctly)

seriously TC if that was your attempt on evaluating my posts for a reason to lynch me it was not well executed. You didn't even try to reconcile my other posts even thought they clearly say other then what you post concludes.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #14) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by J-man »

TC wrote: I agree with what J is saying here, but putting it into words just seems kinda...scummy. It seems like he's defending W!n a little harder than necessary.
okay then TC, so you can think it and even admit to it once it has been said, (maybe you should think for yourself) but the person who has played honestly and makes the post is guilty for posting it, I think you are just really good at saying alot of
NOTHING
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by J-man »

I would also like to restate my intent to Lynch TC.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #16) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by J-man »

Brandi you seem to like to post alot but as far as I know I voted for TC way back on the first page and haven't looked back since, I thought TCs guilt was becoming more clear rather then less clear to the rest of you, *sigh*

And about your fabricated W!nt3r-Jman connection its silly, I can explain exactly why I have been wavering on W!nt3rs guilt, its because he has been playing well and his posts say one thing when my instinct say another. I'm sorry if you have a problem with me complimenting people but mabye you should try reading my posts and taking them at there face value because that what they are. Maybe try looking at it from my POV, mine being that I'm pro-town ofcourse. Who else is there to Accuse... well do what you must.

I would not be surprised if it was a TC W!nt3r scum pair
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #17) » Thu May 22, 2008 6:52 am

Post by J-man »

Frak it, you are all wasting your time Fos'n me you are all divisive as a box of turnips lol. Well since you guys seem to wasting your time and everthing I say just mskes me more and more scummy I guess I have no choice but to claim some of you might say that this is too early I still had time. That is no more true then the first time Brandi said she would vote for me and didn't there is a good chance that I will be gone for the next 36hrs so not to take action would be more silly and since this is the only action remaining hear ya go you silly townies.
I am the Cop

*sigh* I can't believe that you guys thought what I was doing was budding up to W!nt3r, any decent no bad mafia player knows that you distance yourself from your mafia partner. The only time reverse psych would have a chance of working is if you were in a larger game so you could sell out your weaker mafia partners, probably one of the most absurd I have heard in the YEARS I have been playing. lol

to defend my claim I have very few things to say, firstly It is a very bad Idea for the mafia to counter-claim, I have a 25% no less due to player error (addressed that in my first line) since it will make me the obvious mafia target during N1. Although there is a chance the mafia may go for the reverse psych and not kill me so they lynch me day2 and waste a lynch bringing it to LYLO on day 3. I believe it will be LYLO have to do the math to be sure (assuming no doc saves tho).

In the remote chance that we are playing with a full load of roles (Mafia role blocker Cop Doc) I would ask the Doc to save me, since it is unlikely that they would both try to NK me and RB (role block) me

Proof that my claim is legit-
(ie. breadcrumbing)
J-man wrote:I say Good Job W!nt3r, although you have put me in a tough spot, now i have to figure out whether you are scum or not. Though who knows til your dead eh?
this particular phrase was from my point of view phrased hypothetically the answer being the cop ofcourse ie. me.

OK I just read TC's post 160 and I can't help but post about it even though it was not the original intention of this post.

TC you don't understand the mechanics of a scum pair if you believe your last line.
TC wrote:This is the scummiest part of your post by far. Would you mind telling us why you think that it might be a TC Winter scum pair? Because you have given us no reason at all,
and if I was you I would be shocked if two people trying to get the other lynched for half the game were scumbuddies.
THAT IS EXACTLY THE WHAT MOST MAFIA PARTNERS DO, oh my no wonder your guys think i am mafia, sometimes i forget im in a newbie game :P. One of the most effective strategies in mafia for the mafia is to sell out your partner it is often not done til a reasonable townsperson would do it so that people don't get suspicious, and often they just verbally joust for the entire game or even part of it it is called distancing. If one of them are lynched then the other looks good, a win win situation for the mafia. Any of the IC's should be able to back this up with experience, It's true and I can't believe that people don't know even that basic of tactic, I guess thats why there are newbie games :| lol
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #18) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:20 am

Post by J-man »

Brandi take off your blinders lol since I am dead and there is no turning back I was cop :P for sure for sure I'd be that one of them was the cop in the last setup since this ones roles were sent out twice and the other is mafia my bet is baby is scum and pm is the old cop it might be other way around but it doesn't make sense for pm to claim once there is already a counter-claim.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #19) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 am

Post by J-man »

edit - :P for sure fore sure I'd
BET
that
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #20) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:24 am

Post by J-man »

oh well if im not lynched its changes it some
EVERYBODY GO AND CHECK YOUR PMS MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE 2 SETS OF PMS WERE SENT OUT SHOULD BE TITLED

Newbie 612: New role (disregard previous PM)
at least thats what i got
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #21) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:25 am

Post by J-man »

or mabye your the bad player Brandi since you never did give me a chance you have been running headlong at me since my first posts.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #22) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 am

Post by J-man »

you have way to much time on your hands
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #23) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:25 am

Post by J-man »

LOL TC you are such a hack lol die scum die
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #24) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by J-man »

I didn't
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Thu May 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by J-man »

FRAK YEA I AM THE BOMB I had you pegged TC from page 3 DEAD TO ME YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #26) » Thu May 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by J-man »

LOL I am looking forward to play with you again Brandi your gonna be fun to manipulate in a different game.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #27) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by J-man »

oh and I would also like to point out for all your benefit that I NEVER lied once this game everything I posted was completely honest, its an interesting way to play when people are conditioned to assume everything is a lie at some level.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #28) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by J-man »

yea but I stuck with and even if you didn't see the reasoning I would have traded my life for his at any point. I am just surprised that you were distracted by me so thoroughly.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #29) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by J-man »

pro town shmo town I had scum pegged thats pro town enough for me
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #30) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by J-man »

well im unwatching this thread so good bye all hope to NK you in another game another day.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”