andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by andersonw »

Actually, I don't think farside is scummy because of that, because although her plan was based on bad logic, it still seemed genuine to me, and that she really wanted to scumhunt. I mean, she's still trying to explain her idea, instead of giving it up, which would make her look better.
Although, I doubt that anything will change between now and the next 2 days.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Claus »

Okay, sorry about my downtime. I'll be reading the thread asap and possibly posting something later tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

4 the lulz
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Hey /prodded.
I'll post my current thoughts tomorrow.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey, thanks for waiting for me, Albert and Players - and thanks the scum for dropping such nice tells in this game.

Here are the highlights:

Farside - Asked people to reveal their alerts (63). Comes with some silly logic of "Scum would not alert their own partner". Of course not. Scum would never lie about anything, would they? I support the "fishing for defenses" theory.

When she comes under fire, she begins a general lurker witchhunt. Trying to look for an easy way out instead of actually pointing her finger at someone? Me no like.

Battousai - I still think that his setup guessing on post 51 (and a few posts before) was strange.

But he has another hair raising post on (109):
I think we should at least wait till the end of the second meeting where there is more information.
What kind of information are you looking for, sherlock? Scum kills? Of course, this post comes just as Farside's wagon was growing to lynchable/viggable proportions - so I smell a scum pairing here.

Finally, here is someone else who was not mentioned yet, but has pinged my scumdar:

- ashmite 84:

Has posted NOTHING but 3 vote counts. No accusations, no defenses, no opinions. No nothing. I thought this guy was a co-mod until I re-read the playerlist today. Way to drop out of the radar.

So without further ado, here is the naughty list for this year:
FOS: Farside, Battousai, Ashmite

===

Votes for Farside:
farside22 - 3 Mastermind of Sin, Megatron, L

Assassination requests:
farside - 3 Sleepy Panda, megatron, DGB

Ass: Farside.

That's 7.

ATTACK: Farside

Now we don't have to worry about scum stealing the town's kill.
Mod:
, even if the kill fails, the clock is reset, right?

Batt, your scumbuddy is down (if no one stole my kill, that is), you're next ;-)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 pm

If the kill fails, the clock is not reset.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Claus »

Well, one more reason for this kill better not fail then :-D
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Somewhere in the merchant district of the rain village, Claus' real body breaks into Farside's puppet workshop. A long fight takes place and the roof crumbles in the violence of the conflict. Farside's holo projection vanishes. Claus emerges from the debris.

Farside, Sasori of the Akatsuki loyalists, has been killed by Claus during the first meeting.

Last edited by Albert B. Rampage on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Kill reset.

Extract attempts reset.

Votes reset.

Its now 1AM.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by L »

DrippingGoofball, I would agree with your post if not for the fact you have provided no real posts as of yet. I have at least discussed points of how assassinations should be carried out to minimize bad causalities.

You have allegedly random-voted farside22 twice without realizing so I suspect different reasons; then you call me a hypocrite? Humorous to say the least.

I've definitely contributed more then you after a quick re-read.

Claus, I'm wondering what your reaction is to this?

Right now comparing my notes of the events, I would agree of ashmite84 not saying much. He did say another post that wasn't a vote count in 97.

I do agree with andersonw about farside22 still trying to explain her idea instead of just dropping it as if it wasn't anything anymore. I wouldn't have felt as much suspicion as that was the only thing I noted of her actions.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Damn.... so what now? Do we go after Bat or Claus? Claus I think your reasoning was
just
good enough to buy you a reprieve. Only just though.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Megatron »

Honestly, Claus isn't pinging my scumdar. He used the kill, but he used it on the voted target. Maybe a bit soon, but I don't know how much would have changed with the kill clock at less than two days.
F*** the autobots
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:53 am

Post by ashmite84 »

While I do agree with you, farside might have claimed.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Claus doesn't ping my scumdar either.

I'd like to add L to the list, He barely, barely just contributed more than me, and he's all up in arms.

I agree with Battousai and ashmite as suspects as well.

This being said, the game is still young.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

prodded, busy, stuff.
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:48 am

MoS is uncharacteristically useless.

Can we kill him?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Battousai »

I would like to no why you find me suspicious? Is it because I was trying to get discussion early by posting that there might be more than 1 scum group in the game. Or is it because I thought it would be best to wait until D2 before assassinating someone (the reason being we would have more info to go on instead of D1)?

What about me and my scum partner, Farside, Claus?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:12 am

Battousai - no scumhunting, only speculation about setup.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Battousai »

The discussion of game setup is suspicious? Claus thinks so because it distracts the town, and everyone seems to agree with Claus. But what exactly did I distract us from? Every post before mine, except pregame discussion, was people random voting. I wanted to get out of it so I came up with discussing how many groups there are in the game with 12 people. Ok, distracting is bad, yes, but you also have to take into account what the person was distracting the town from...
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Hey guys, what's going on in he-
ATTACK: DRIPPING GOOFBALL!
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by L »

Before the game started, Albert B. Rampage told us that claiming was bad. So I wouldn't think farside22 would claim knowing this.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:EDIT: Claiming in this game will almost always be bad for the town. You have been warned. Your flavor might also be compromised upon claiming.
Battousai, you asked the mod if the Akatsuki was mafia or not.
Battousai wrote:So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.
If you knew this, why did you talk about possible set-ups? I don't think we would have gained anymore information from randomly guessing what the numbers could be.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Yeah, I forgot about the claiming = bad thing but now I realize that the person forcing the claim could just have their kill attempt easily stolen.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Claus »

Replying to recent posts.

====
L wrote:You have allegedly random-voted farside22 twice
I think that the DGB votes on farside were not random. Why are you saying that?
Claus, I'm wondering what your reaction is to this?
I'm happy. I hope this will encourage townies all over the world to stop trying to out think themselves by laying ineffective traps that only make them look scummy. It ALWAYS backfires.

Also, I'm less suspicious of Battousai, since one of my reasons to be suspicious of him was a perceived indirect defense of farside. Not enough to drop him from my FoS, but enough to drop him below ashimite.
not saying much. He did say another post that wasn't a vote count in 97.
And what did he say on 97? Not much. He didn't say anything about any player in the game, for sure.

====
ashmite wrote:Damn.... so what now? Do we go after Bat or Claus? Claus I think your reasoning was just good enough to buy you a reprieve. Only just though.
What about your reasoning? Oh, you had none at all.

Ashmite here points his fingers both to the player who was under scrutinity before the lynch (Battousai), and the player who hammered the lynch (Claus). That's a great way to surf on what the town was saying without saying anything yourself.

Extra points for noticing that he suggests the town to go after those two, without accusing them directly.
Ashmite wrote:Hey guys, what's going on in he- ATTACK: DRIPPING GOOFBALL!
And he has the gall to point his finger at me! Oh, the humanity!

===
Battousai wrote:What about me and my scum partner, Farside, Claus?

Like I said, the fact that Farside was not actually scum takes away one of the things that led me to believe you are. Now I'm more worried about Ashmite.
Battousai wrote:Every post before mine, except pregame discussion, was people random voting. I wanted to get out of it so I came up with discussing how many groups there are in the game with 12 people.
Scumhunting is based on analyzing the relationship between players.

Random Voting > Setup discussion. Random voting establishes relationships between players. Setup discussion does not.

But specially, Batt, the thing is most suspicious about your setup discussion is how you did it. You suggested that there were two sub-groups, and when you were asked how you knew this, you took the easy way out, saying:
Battousai wrote:I can't, as it's part of the mod pm.... I'm in the majority (I think), that's all I can say (I think).
===

unvote. Vote: Ashmite

For trying to steal Albert's job D1, instead of discussing the game and players like the rest of us. For also trying the easy way out right after the first lynch.

Killing DGB out of the blue is the icing in the cake. Are you in the "Kill DGB on sight" team, or do you actually have a reason for that?

===

I'll analyse other players after I clear my backlog (see sig)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:22 pm

DrippingGoofball was sitting in the shadows on the edge of a sushi bar with her mighty sword Samehada at the ready when the ground started trembling. In a bid to broaden her field of vision, she completely wrecked the building with a massive wave of water.

At first, amidst the raging waves, she saw nothing. Then ashimite emerged from the water behind her and started raping the poor shark-like creature in close-quarters combat, where it didn't stand a damn chance. As her corpse floated to the surface of the water, her holo projection fuzzes out.

DrippingGoofball, Kisame of the Akatsuki loyalists, is killed by ashimite in the first meeting.

ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

My reasons? Isolate your posts to DGB and read. She didn't say much. Also she was the one that I stole the kill from and she had mentioned me on her suspicion list. It was her mention of me that prompted me to nominate her for my steal. Having had the kill yourself, you will know the paranoia that it will be stolen at any time and possibly used against you. Therefore, knowing myself to be town and that DGB might have assassinated me, I saw that as a good enough reason to take her down. Now silence you insolent dog lest my blade find your neck!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”