Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Claus »

DGB's signal to noise ratio was quite high, even if her post count was low. Your reasons are not good.

Happy with my vote.

Mod
, will you do vote counts, or is it the responsability of the players?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

It looks like ashmite's got it handled for now.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Kill reset.

Extract attempts reset.

Votes reset.

Its now 3AM.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Claus »

ATTACK: Ashmite

I guess I'll be the one doing vote counts from now on.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:51 pm

The waves have barely washed off the rain village's barrio that Claus sprouts from the cement to catch ashmite by surprise and drag him down to the sewer network, where an epic battle takes place between them. Massive monster summons shake the very foundations of the city while the two dish it out to complete chakra depletion. Once again, Claus comes out of the battle victorious, but this time badly injured.

Ashmite, Pain, your Akatsuki leader, has been killed by Claus in the second meeting.

Last edited by Albert B. Rampage on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Kill reset.

Extract attempts reset (this means you can all send me your steal attempts again)

Votes reset.

Its now a quarter past 3AM.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Claus »

Ashmite killing DGB without any reasoning or questioning was a mistake he has paid dearly for.

Now let's go back to do this the right way, with votes and ass: votes.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Claus wrote:Ashmite killing DGB without any reasoning or questioning was a mistake he has paid dearly for.

Now let's go back to do this the right way, with votes and ass: votes.
But it wasn't owrth killing him.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Claus »

Bar the myslinch, of course it was.

If we have a public policy of immediately revenge-killing anyone who does not obey the "majority is needed for kill" rule, players will cooperate to vote. Simple game theory. This should be the standard policy for any "lots of daykills" kind of game.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

This game picked up quite fast, with two more dead in just one day? Even though Ashmite took it upon himself to kill DGB was highly suspicious, I'm kind of disappointed that Claus also decided to do the same and "revenge" kill Ashmite. It would've been better to at least get other people's feedback first.

Regarding Battousai, I don't see how his set-up guessing would help or hurt town. However, him wanting to wait until D2 before killing seems pretty scummy. To get to D2, that means we have to lynch. By lynching, we are still killing someone that we could've killed with the vig kill. It would be exactly the same, except the scum will have a chance to get a free kill in if the vig kill managed to go past deadline.

MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.

I'm on the fence between voting Claus and Battousai. I think it's entirely possible that both of them are scum. The interaction between them seems to me like they're just trying to distance themselves from each other.

For now,
Ass: Claus
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

SleepyPanda wrote:
MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.
Because my playstyle is lurking. Don't owrry, I'm sitll collecting information.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Megatron »

SleepyPanda wrote:This game picked up quite fast, with two more dead in just one day? Even though Ashmite took it upon himself to kill DGB was highly suspicious, I'm kind of disappointed that Claus also decided to do the same and "revenge" kill Ashmite. It would've been better to at least get other people's feedback first.

Regarding Battousai, I don't see how his set-up guessing would help or hurt town. However, him wanting to wait until D2 before killing seems pretty scummy. To get to D2, that means we have to lynch. By lynching, we are still killing someone that we could've killed with the vig kill. It would be exactly the same, except the scum will have a chance to get a free kill in if the vig kill managed to go past deadline.

I'm on the fence between voting Claus and Battousai. I think it's entirely possible that both of them are scum. The interaction between them seems to me like they're just trying to distance themselves from each other.

For now,
Ass: Claus
I'm not so sure about Claus - in fact, I can't honestly argue with the revenge-kill policy, it will greatly help to ensure that people (from now on, anyway) follow the majority kill and not go all bloody Rambo like Ashamite did. However, this is the second time Claus has come off a bit trigger-happy...

The thing that bothers me is, I'm not sure that scum would drop a blatant daykill like Ashamite did - however, there's no argument to that effect that doesn't immediately dissolve into WIFOM, so it'll get us nowhere.

Agreed on Battousai, however - The only time we should actually need a lynch is if the voted daykill is not carried out.

I want to say one of them are scum, but damned if I can figure out which.
MafiaSSK wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote: MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.
This, in and of itself, is suspect. How about sharing the info you're collecting, and giving some input on it?
F*** the autobots
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Battousai »

How many people have been killed D1? 3. How many would have been killed if we just lynched (worst case scenerio the scum group got the vig ability)? 2. I know this is like an I told you so, but it just proves my initial point.

Claus: I did not say this in that content:
Claus wrote:But specially, Batt, the thing is most suspicious about your setup discussion is how you did it. You suggested that there were two sub-groups, and when you were asked how you knew this, you took the easy way out, saying:
Battousai wrote: I can't, as it's part of the mod pm.... I'm in the majority (I think), that's all I can say (I think).
The part you quoted was from an answer to someone demanding me to tell them what group I was in, not how I knew how many groups there are. You misinterpret my post making me look worse than I am, then you go and kill twice (1 at least looked like an opportunity kill, Ashmite, with no other imput at all.)

VOTE: Claus
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Battousai wrote:How many people have been killed D1? 3. How many would have been killed if we just lynched (worst case scenerio the scum group got the vig ability)? 2. I know this is like an I told you so, but it just proves my initial point.
With the way the game is set up, I don't see a reason reason to lynch at all. Majority vote is needed to lynch. Why not get majority vote then vig kill instead? It prevents scum from ever getting a silent kill in. The only reason we have 3 dead now is because Ashmite went off by himself and killed someone.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Battousai »

True, actually when I went offline I was thinking the exact same thing... Why lynch at all, and try to get in all the kills we need before deadline. The only thing I could come up with is weak arguments against players due to time may cause mislynches.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by L »

Claus wrote:I think that the DGB votes on farside were not random. Why are you saying that?
I said allegedly, for the reason that I don't know if they were random. I would guess most early votes are usually random.

Battousai, would you please answer my question in 145 about the set-up guessing after you already asked the Mod?

The only time we should lynch is if someone isn't going to use the vig. There isn't really a reason to lynch at all.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by andersonw »

Woah, I have finals for a day, check on, and 2 more people have already been killed?! I thought that it was obvious we should wait until the day before the deadline to assassinate someone. First of all,
Ass.: Claus

Claus wrote:Ashmite killing DGB without any reasoning or questioning was a mistake he has paid dearly for.
Well, technically, he did give reasoning in 149, but yeah, it was a pretty bad move. Even if you were going to assassinate him, though, we could have waited until closer to the deadline to get more discussion in. I would also say this to ashmite, but I can't.
SleepyPanda wrote:I'm on the fence between voting Claus and Battousai. I think it's entirely possible that both of them are scum. The interaction between them seems to me like they're just trying to distance themselves from each other.
I agree with this, although I think Claus is more suspicious right now, since Battousai seems acting more like in farside-style when he was doing his setup discussion that people are now accusing him of. It is very possible that they could be distancing, though.

Mod
: You need to edit your first post, it still says 12/12 players are alive.

thx -mod
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sorry L, must of missed that post:

So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?

The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.

You see, I've seen the shows and the Akatsuki are the "evil" faction of the Ninja World. So when I asked that question it was just out of curiousty of, are we taking out the Akatsuki or are we all Akatsuki (answer obv).

Now the answer the mod gave us, told us there was a split, but didn't tell us how many of us split, did they splitters form more than one group or anything like that. I was thinking, for a time, that it was possible for at least 2 scum groups and 1 town because the mod said "the power struggle between the leadership of
akatsuki
the various members
, and the
rebel faction
. I was thinking it might be possible that the leadership could have turned on the members (that's 1 scum group) the rebels have seen this and broke away (that's 2) and the majority town group is just gullible and are supporting the leadership who are secretly plotting against them.

Just so you know, from the flavor of later text in the game, I do think there are just two groups- the loyalists and the rebel faction.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Megatron wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote: MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.
This, in and of itself, is suspect. How about sharing the info you're collecting, and giving some input on it?
I haven't really gotten much yet. And I don't really want to explain my strategy when the scum might pick up on it and act differently.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey folks.
andersonw wrote:Well, technically, he did give reasoning in 149, but yeah, it was a pretty bad move.
Did you read his reasoning? "I stole the kill from DGB. I wanted to use it before some stole it from me. I thought DGB was going to attack me".

That is not a "reasoning".
andersonw wrote:Even if you were going to assassinate him, though, we could have waited until closer to the deadline to get more discussion in.
Metraton wrote:The thing that bothers me is, I'm not sure that scum would drop a blatant daykill like Ashamite did
You guys are secondguessing yourselfs because Ashmite's flipped town.

But think of it this way - before he died, we didn't know his alignment. What we saw is that he was attacking Me and Battousai, and suddenly he killed DGB - a player who has never been suspected. How it looked like to me is that he was feeling the pressure and wanted to take a chance to kill a good townie before the lynch came crashing down his head.

If we stopped to discuss if he was scum or not, with all the back and forth, what would have prevented him from getting lucky again with his kill steal and kill a second townie while we discussed what to do with him?

No, by killing Ashmite IMMEDIATELY, we ended this nonsense.

Now how about we stop the "Oh my god, I will vote Claus because he killed someone who could not be trusted with a daykill", and go back to scumhunting for a change?

(And I'll take my own remedy and do a brief player by player analysis after the vote count)
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count:

Claus 1 - Battousai

Assassination Count:

Claus 2 - SleepyPanda, Andersonw

Not Voting:

L, GhostWriter, MafiaSSK, Mastermind of Sin, Claus, Megatron

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Claus »

Player Analysis:

Summary:
I want people who are voting me now ask themselves: Did I actually do anything scummy, or are you voting me just because ashmite flipped town? If ashmite was alive and unflipped now, wouldn't you all be claiming for his blood at this moment?

Suspicion list:

Battousai - not commenting at all on other players.
L - voting both Farside and DGB during the Farside x DGB bandwagon. After farside flips town, turns around and adds: "As andersonw said, farside was still explaining herself. I wouldn't have felt as much suspicion".

While I suspect Battousai, specially because of my past experience with him, I must say that L double vote on the wagoner and wagonee was very opportunistic.

Vote: L,
FoS: Battousai

Lurkerlist

GW, SSK, MOS - Mod, prod these guys, please, they're a third of the game!

Others

I'm neutral towards Sleepy Panda - for going after both me and Batt at the same time D3 - why not discuss other people as well?

I'm getting town vibes from Andersonw and Megatron

====

Andersonw:

-> disagree's with Farside's plan (posts 2 and 3)
-> When she is being bandwagoned, thinks that she is not scummy (her plan is just bad logic), but nothing will change in 2 days (post 5)
-> votes to assassinate me, because I "didn't wait for the deadline". Agrees that "me or battousai" are most suspicious.

Question:
1) Anderson, you agree with me that Ashmite's had no real reason to kill DGB. He was the one who broke the rule. Do you really think I'm suspicious for this, or are you voting me because you disagree with my playstyle?

2) What do you think of other players besides me and battousai?

Battousai

-> Mostly discusses the setup, or defends himself against people accusing him of discussing the setup :-P
-> Votes me D3. Other than this, no opinion on other players.

So here is the thing, Battousai - this is what you have to say about your
habit of setup discussing:
Ok, distracting is bad, yes, but you also have to take into account what the person was distracting the town from...
Except you are not distracting the town from anything - you are simply not giving ANY input into the game.

You know what bothers me? The last game we played together you were scum, and you managed to get by exactly by laying low and not really taking a position towards other players. Once bitten twice shy.

For example, you talked a lot during the first meeting, but gave no opinion at all for or against the bandwagon. It is a bit late for that, but what do you think of the other players that voted/defended farside D1?

GhostWriter:

-> did not random vote, but OMGUS'ed vote L
-> Asked Batt what group he was in.
-> Opposed the farside lynch.

Lurkish, but seems ok. Needs to post more.

L

-> Votes GW for not random voting
-> Agrees that setup discussion is bad
-> During the Farside wagon, accuses both DBG (who started and pushed the wagon) and Farside. Votes DBG and asks to ass Farside.
-> Then, after farside dies, he asks my reaction, and goes on to say that "as andersonw said, farside was still explaining herself". Wait wait, weren't you voting for her?

Also, what do you think of other players, like Panda, Megatron, SSK, etc?

SSK

-> Has 7 posts, and besides the random voting and chiding me for my Ashmite kill, has said nothing at all. Even admitted that his playstyle is "lurking" and has "a secret strategy". Needs. To. Post.

After I answered your question about Ashmite, do you still think I'm in the wrong for that? Which players do you think are suspicious?

MOS

Another lurker. Argued that the town should sit on the kill which
probably made ABR change the rules.

Megatron

-> Votes Farside for her plan.
-> Pushed her wagon (rightly, I think)
-> Currently suspects me/battousai/SSK

Megatron, my questions/comments for you were in the last post. The Ashmite WIFOM you mentioned only exists because now we know he is town. Before that, he was someone under growing pressure (me, L) who killed someone else he didn't even suspect.

Sleepy Panda

- During D1, tries to move the discussion away from the setup discussion and towards assassination discussion.
- Don't like Farside's plan, but don't attack it right away.
- After discussing the plan a lot, eventually votes Farside when she
starts the "OMGUS" defense.
- Votes me, says that Battousai is pretty scummy, and probably my partner.

-> Why do you think I'm more likely to be scum than Batt?
-> You said lurkers exists in all games. What do you think of the current
lurkers in our game? Any opinion about them?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Battousai wrote:Sorry L, must of missed that post:

So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?

The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.

You see, I've seen the shows and the Akatsuki are the "evil" faction of the Ninja World. So when I asked that question it was just out of curiousty of, are we taking out the Akatsuki or are we all Akatsuki (answer obv).

Now the answer the mod gave us, told us there was a split, but didn't tell us how many of us split, did they splitters form more than one group or anything like that. I was thinking, for a time, that it was possible for at least 2 scum groups and 1 town because the mod said "the power struggle between the leadership of
akatsuki
the various members
, and the
rebel faction
. I was thinking it might be possible that the leadership could have turned on the members (that's 1 scum group) the rebels have seen this and broke away (that's 2) and the majority town group is just gullible and are supporting the leadership who are secretly plotting against them.

Just so you know, from the flavor of later text in the game, I do think there are just two groups- the loyalists and the rebel faction.
Vote: Battousai

That slip is going to cost you.
Permanent V/LA.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

This is directed at Claus. What I'm finding scummy is your decision to kill Ashmite immediately. You didn't bother waiting for other people to respond. We have already talked quite a lot about how we should use the vig kill carefully. I know someone had already mentioned this as WIFOM, but would a scum really out themselves by killing a town so brazenly even after our discussions about it? I think at this point, Ashmite became an extremely easy target. The scum could've just as easily hopped onto his bandwagon. If you had waited, we would still have more information than we do now.

The only lurker in your lurker list that stands out to me is SSK for not having said anything.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sleepy, don't you think that Claus would have waited for his scumbuddies to jump on his bandwagon and get Ashmite assassinated if he was scum? Also, your admittedly WIFOM point about Ashmite also applies to Claus. What did Claus gain by sticking his own neck out to kill Ashmite right away?
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”