Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote: dRool89

Do you want your possessions identified?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:52 am

Erratus Apathos wrote:

Since this didn't count for some reason, let me try again.

q21 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:

How do you know he's avatar less? He hasn't even posted in thread yet. You sir are bussing your scum buddy. :lol:
I know he's avatarless thanks to psychoanalytical Internet technomagic the likes of which nobody here would ever comprehend. Also there's no avatar on his post in the signup queue.
Empking wrote:
Erratus Apathos

If that was your reason surely you'd at least FOS everyone else without an avatar.
Holy bejesus, there's two people without an avatar? If I was the third guy on your team I'd be really pissed at the both of you for giving away yourselves this early.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:13 am

massive wrote:I'm not sure I get how Erratus's post could be construed as "breadcrumming" (sic) ... mind explaining that one?

And I also think we can probably move past the "random voting" since we're on page three.
I agree, we should get away from random voting.

Unvote, Vote: Massive
for suggesting we get away from random voting while doing nothing to further that end. How's that for a nonrandom vote?
kuribo wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: Holy bejesus, there's two people without an avatar? If I was the third guy on your team I'd be really pissed at the both of you for giving away yourselves this early.
How do you know how many players is on a team?
Mini normals almost always have three mafia.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:25 am

Give me a reason why I shouldn't assume three scum in a format where there's almost always three scum.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:27 am

dcorbe wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:Give me a reason why I shouldn't assume three scum in a format where there's almost always three scum.
kuribo wrote: and even such, "almost always" doesn't give you cause to assume three scum unless you know it to be a fact
What part of "Give me a reason" do you not understand?
massive wrote:Well at least you didn't call me out for saying we were on Page 3 when we were still on Page 2. But it was a nice attempt. I'm much more interested in your own three-related slip-up though.

vote Erratus
Are you even reading what I've said about that post or are you just being opportunistic? It wasn't a "slip-up", it was a completely intentional assumption based on the bloody format standard. Jesus, it's like I'm the only one here with any experience at all playing mini-normals.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 am

dcorbe wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:Give me a reason why I shouldn't assume three scum in a format where there's almost always three scum.
kuribo wrote: and even such, "almost always" doesn't give you cause to assume three scum unless you know it to be a fact
What part of "Give me a reason" do you not understand?
You were given a reason. So now you're going to sit there and OMGUS me because you don't like the reasoning?

Let me try this again...
THAT ISN'T A FUCKING REASON THAT'S JUST KURIBO TELLING ME WHAT TO DO. A reason to not assume three scum would be something along the lines of "if a townie assumes three scum and is wrong then the whole town automatically loses". What dire consequences will I incur if I'm wrong, besides absolutely nothing?

Also, the fact that you called my post OMGUS when it wasn't even remotely OMGUS makes me think you're trying to make me look scummy when you know I'm not.
Unvote, Vote: Dcorbe

dcorbe wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
massive wrote:Well at least you didn't call me out for saying we were on Page 3 when we were still on Page 2. But it was a nice attempt. I'm much more interested in your own three-related slip-up though.

vote Erratus
Are you even reading what I've said about that post or are you just being opportunistic? It wasn't a "slip-up", it was a completely intentional assumption based on the bloody format standard. Jesus, it's like I'm the only one here with any experience at all playing mini-normals.
You CAN'T ASSUME that every mini is going to be set up the same way, because they're not. How many minis have you completed since february that you have SO much more experience than the rest of us? 3? maybe 4?
Completed two. Read through too many to count. And yes, I
have
seen games with two families of two, or three mafia and an SK (ask rofl about the latter :evil:) and you know what has this weird tendency to happen in games with two scumgroups? Strangely enough, two people die in the same night! Until there's ACTUAL GOD DAMN EVIDENCE pointing to one of those fairly uncommon setups, there is NO REASON to assume they are likely. Three mafia is so common that it is in fact the default assumption, until proven otherwise.

Seriously would you geniuses lynch someone for saying something like "I think the scumpair is X and Y" after the first mafia lynch? Because that post makes the same bloody assumption I'm getting shitwagoned for.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:15 am

kuribo wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: Completed two. Read through too many to count. And yes, I
have
seen games with two families of two, or three mafia and an SK (ask rofl about the latter :evil:) and you know what has this weird tendency to happen in games with two scumgroups? Strangely enough, two people die in the same night! Until there's ACTUAL GOD DAMN EVIDENCE pointing to one of those fairly uncommon setups, there is NO REASON to assume they are likely. Three mafia is so common that it is in fact the default assumption, until proven otherwise.

Seriously would you geniuses lynch someone for saying something like "I think the scumpair is X and Y" after the first mafia lynch? Because that post makes the same bloody assumption I'm getting shitwagoned for.
good work Captain Overreaction
Yeah, I'm the one overreacting here. Not the people who put me at L-2 because I'm assuming there's three scum until proven otherwise, even though someone always assumes three scum until proven otherwise in just about every god damn mini normal. That makes sense.
kuribo wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: Also, the fact that you called my post OMGUS when it wasn't even remotely OMGUS makes me think you're trying to make me look scummy when you know I'm not.
Unvote, Vote: Dcorbe
How is he supposed to KNOW you're not?
Uh if he's scum then he knows I'm not scum because I'm not on his scumteam? Oh wait I forgot we were assuming that this isn't a 3/9 setup for no fucking reason at all.
kuribo wrote:And also, since you brought up past games, I should point out that in MY experience, 100% of the people that have been called out for knowing how many scum there were in a closed setup have been scum. I'm not saying it's a bulletproof tell--- indeed, the sample size is too small--- but it's been fairly reliable thus far!
LOL no, I'm calling this obvious bluff. Prove that every single person who's ever assumed the number of scum was scum. (Tip: Make sure every example you use is from a theme or large or any other format where there isn't a default assumption, because those are especially relevant to this situation.)

And if I've done something that supposedly 100% of people who do are scum, then why in the hell would you be uncomfortable putting me at L-whatever? If town Kuribo was really 100% certain I was scum, he'd have no reason not to vote me even if he was hammering. And it's not even relevant how close I am to lynch, since when you first brought up your allegedly 100% scumtell I wasn't anywhere near lynch.
kuribo wrote:But I also combine that with your tendency to jump down peoples' throats in a shower of incomprehensible cursing. How dare we accuse you of being mafia? That's the attitude you give off.
I don't doubt you find my posts incomprehensible, because you sure haven't been comprehending them.
roflcopter wrote:i love the pace of this game.

the number slip I see as a null tell. however, erratus' reaction to being wagoned over it is not, and his votes for massive and dcorbe were both pretty scummy. the former seemed like a crap attempt to start a wagon and the latter was omgus.
Double horseshit. You accuse me of being scummy for voting with intent to start a wagon even though dcorbe, who you're ignoring, did the very same. I guess a single standard is only half good enough for you? Try actually reading my Dcorbe vote it's clearly not OMGUS.
roflcopter wrote:cephrir and lowell are making a little uneasy about the wagon on him though, both of their votes seemed opportunistic.
I see you've already decided who to blame my lynch on.

FoS: Kuribo, Roflcopter
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:46 am

kuribo wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:If town Kuribo was really 100% certain I was scum, he'd have no reason not to vote me even if he was hammering. And it's not even relevant how close I am to lynch, since when you first brought up your allegedly 100% scumtell I wasn't anywhere near lynch.
Show me where I said I was absolutely certain you were scum, and I'll show you a post that you must have read while high.
"100% of the people that have been called out for knowing how many scum there were in a closed setup have been scum." Or was I supposed to infer that you're uncertain I'm scum, despite how you're touting the flawlessness of your scumtell AND have never once expressed anything remotely interpretable as uncertainty of my alignment? Maybe I should try reading your posts while high, to see if we can get on the same wavelength.
kuribo wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
FoS: Kuribo, Roflcopter
Don't stop with an FOS, you've already done a Freudian slip and over-reacted in extreme anger! Just vote for me and settle for full-blown OMGUS.
And that brings us to 3/3 of my suspects mislabeling me as OMGUS. Have you noticed how I haven't attacked Lowell, Cephrir, Empking, or Massive since voting me? That's because their votes have more of a "Let's see where this wagon goes" feel than an "ERRATUS IS OBVSCUM LYNCHLYNCHDIEDIELYNCHLYNCHDIE, but with that out of the way I'm not all that certain Erratus is scum" vibe like you, Dcorbe and Roflcopter all give off.

And how is dRool voting for me when he hasn't even posted?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:53 am

kuribo wrote:I also mentioned the small sample size, if you'll recall. I never said that YOU were 100% scum, I said that 100% of the people who made the same mistake in games that I've played were also scum.
You've been making these two points against me all day: One, that all people who assume three scum are always scum, and two, that I assumed three scum. How in the hell can you claim those two points to be true without also concluding that I am 100% scum? What other possible conclusion can you derive from those two points?

And to any townie giving so much as a modicum of serious thought to the "anger = scumtell" non-logic, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MAFIA. Of god damn course I'm upset at the prospect of my lynch! My lynch decreases my chances of winning,
re****inggardless of my role
! Really what does my reaction to my wagon prove... that I'm not a jester? And with this crowd I probably actually have to prove there's no jester, because if I just took it for granted that there's not a jester it would be attributed to setup knowledge, rather than to a valid assumption based on the vast bloody majority of games in the format. Someone let me know if the game of logic I signed up for starts, because this sure as **** isn't one.

MOD EDIT - Please keep the bad language away.. I don't WANT to have to do any more serious about it.

Also, I changed only the swearing to stars... nothing else.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm

starkmoon wrote:Could I request that no matter how annoyed you get, you don't swear. I am pretty sure there is no age limit to joining this site, and many parents prefer that thier children are not exposed to such language.
I'm sorry, I simply cannot continue the current conversation using shall we say pleasant language. Please replace me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”