Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Sleepy Panda went to investigate the death of the Leader in the sewers to see if he could find any clues of Claus' alignment. As he ventured further down, the darkness started enveloping him more completely. At last, he found Pain's desecrated body, almost completely eaten. Two golden globes suddenly flashed at him. When he turned around to see the intruder, he was blinded by the light, coming from the eyes of the cannibal monster that had eaten his leader. And was about to eat him.

"Consuming his flesh helped me recover in record time.." announced Claus before breaking into a sinister laughter that would be the last thing Panda would ever hear.

Sleepy Panda, the mod's avatar, Akatsuki Loyalist, was killed by Claus in the first meeting.
Last edited by Albert B. Rampage on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:59 am

Kill reset.

Extract attempts reset.

Votes reset.

Its now 5AM.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:05 am

Post by andersonw »

Good job, Claus :roll:

[thinking]Let's see, we have 8 people left, 1 of which is neutral/SK. Most likely, there are 3 mafia, so there are 4 town left, which means we're in ly-lo and there most likely won't be a kill, which means we have to lynch someone, but ABR's recent post implies that there still is a kill. Ugghhh...[/thinking]
Mod
: Does your last post mean that there is still a kill? Or will you not tell us?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:18 am

DUMMIES GUIDE TO AKATSUKI:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOXIOIWNnE

The kill has been randomly given, so yes there is still a kill.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Claus »

*burp* Sorry town :-(

And no, I don't think we are at lylo, because I don't contribute to either the rebels or the loyalists win condition. If you don't kill a rebel now, it will be Lylo, though.

*shrug*, BTW I miss the splash picture when one of us dies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 am

Claus wrote:*shrug*, BTW I miss the splash picture when one of us dies.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Well, that was certainly an interesting turn of events...at least we know Claus isn't going to kill anyone else now.

Vote: Battousai

I think it's telling that he's trying to convince us of the possibility that the loyalists are a scumgroup. That kind of posts says to me that his alignment is not that of a loyalist, or he'd know they weren't a scumgroup.

Ass: Battousai
Permanent V/LA.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 am

Post by L »

From what I read on the Akatsuki, I believe Claus is telling the truth. I wanted to be Zetsu before the game began, you cheeky bastard. :P

I'm going to re-read before I make a decision though, especially since we're close to lylo.

I'd like to hear other people, GhostWriter has limited access, and hasn't posted since the 14th I believe.

MafiaSSK claims to have a lurking playstyle, and that he's collecting information. I would like to hear what he thinks of the situation, and that he'll stop lurking. It doesn't help.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Battousai »

I don't recall ever calling them a different scum group. Just a different possible faction.

MoS is scum....
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:43 am

Battousai wrote: So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?
Permanent V/LA.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Battousai »

MoS, explain to me how "So are the Akatsuki (which is everybody) the scum or the town group?" Trying to CONVINCE everyone that the loyalist are a scum group. I didn't even mention the word loyalist....

Also, tell me how a question asked BEFORE the game started and BEFORE roles were sent out have any relavance to the game at hand. You can't can you, that's because you are picking on the smallest of details you can find to incriminate me, because all you need is for someone to use the vig kill on one more townie and you basically win.

Come on people, MoS is going pregame and picking out quotes to throw in and use as reason of guilt.....
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by andersonw »

Will be V/LA from now until Sunday due to a piano competition.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:15 pm

That wasn't asked before the game started. What the hell are you trying to pull? You asked that question 2 pages ago, in post 167, and I even quoted that post when I voted you. Pregame my ass.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Some pre-game posts were deleted for brevity's sake. If so, you can still read them through my own quotings, as in here:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 08#1100308
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Claus »

L wrote:From what I read on the Akatsuki, I believe Claus is telling the truth. I wanted to be Zetsu before the game began, you cheeky bastard. :P
Teehee, sorry about that. :-D But to be honest, I'm almost completely Naruto Illiterate. Until I saw that video ABR posted, I thought my rolechar was some sort of gollum-like creature.

By the way, since it doesn't really concerns me anymore, I'll keep separate Vote and Assassination counts, as Batt asked. You may count them together or separate, as you wish.

Vote Count

Battousai 1 - MoS

Assassination Request Count

Battousai 1 - MoS
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Megatron »

Damn you Claus! I really did think you were town...

Battousai wrote: Come on people, MoS is going pregame and picking out quotes to throw in and use as reason of guilt.....
What?

You posted this
just over 48 hours ago!

Battousai wrote:Sorry L, must of missed that post:

So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?

The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.

You see, I've seen the shows and the Akatsuki are the "evil" faction of the Ninja World. So when I asked that question it was just out of curiousty of, are we taking out the Akatsuki or are we all Akatsuki (answer obv).

Now the answer the mod gave us, told us there was a split, but didn't tell us how many of us split, did they splitters form more than one group or anything like that. I was thinking, for a time, that it was possible for at least 2 scum groups and 1 town because the mod said "the power struggle between the leadership of
akatsuki
the various members
, and the
rebel faction
. I was thinking it might be possible that the leadership could have turned on the members (that's 1 scum group) the rebels have seen this and broke away (that's 2) and the majority town group is just gullible and are supporting the leadership who are secretly plotting against them.

Just so you know, from the flavor of later text in the game, I do think there are just two groups- the loyalists and the rebel faction.
What's "pregame" about that?

Ass: Battousai
F*** the autobots
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:41 pm

God I love the assassination code I came up with. I laugh every time I see someone use it.
Permanent V/LA.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Battousai »

The top part of that quote was written to you L. It was in response to post 165 where I missed a question asked by L in post 145. This was the question:
L wrote: Battousai, you asked the mod if the Akatsuki was mafia or not.
Battousai wrote:So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.
If you knew this, why did you talk about possible set-ups? I don't think we would have gained anymore information from randomly guessing what the numbers could be.
And this was my answer:
Battousai wrote:Sorry L, must of missed that post:

So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?

The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.

You see, I've seen the shows and the Akatsuki are the "evil" faction of the Ninja World. So when I asked that question it was just out of curiousty of, are we taking out the Akatsuki or are we all Akatsuki (answer obv).

Now the answer the mod gave us, told us there was a split, but didn't tell us how many of us split, did they splitters form more than one group or anything like that. I was thinking, for a time, that it was possible for at least 2 scum groups and 1 town because the mod said "the power struggle between the leadership of
akatsuki
the various members
, and the
rebel faction
. I was thinking it might be possible that the leadership could have turned on the members (that's 1 scum group) the rebels have seen this and broke away (that's 2) and the majority town group is just gullible and are supporting the leadership who are secretly plotting against them.

Just so you know, from the flavor of later text in the game, I do think there are just two groups- the loyalists and the rebel faction.
You see any similarities? I do, because all I did was quote L's post (which featured a pregame question) without the quotes and added my answer to it. MoS used a pregame quote that was used later by L in a questioned asked of me to make his point, which still confuses me, more valid.

I still do not know how I try to convince everyone that the loyalists are the scumgroup.... and he has yet to explain it more clearly.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Battousai »

EBWOP: I think we should keep the two different counts, vote and assassination. The vote would only come into play as deadline is X amount of rl days away. That's my opinion on it anyways.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Battousai needs to learn how to use the fucking quote function. Jesus...

Unvote, UnAss: Battousai
Permanent V/LA.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Battousai »

Still haven't responded to my question. If I said that during the game, how could it be that I'm trying to convince the town the loyalists are the scum group. That just doesn't make sense.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:39 pm

because you didn't know for sure. For a while I was thinking you might be a third-party neutral.
Permanent V/LA.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by L »

V/LA Ninja

MafiaSSK - 20th to 22nd.

GhostWriter - Has to go to the library for access. Hasn't posted since the 14th.

andersonw - Until Sunday due to a piano competition. Good luck!
-------------------------

At this point, I would like to ask questions to confirm loyalists.

I have a few different questions, and after going over my list of suspicions a few times I have decided who I want to ask. You only get
one
chance to answer of course, it would be a waste otherwise.

@Mastermind of Sin:
Would you please tell me how many vowels are in your win condition?
Just that line, and nothing else. While I examined my role throughly to determine the similarities it would share with everyone and only the loyalists, I'm sure the win-condition is the same. So you should get the same number I do.

@Battousai:
What's the
ninth
word in your win condition?

Like I said, you only get one chance to answer.

@andersonw:
Does the word "the" appear one or two times in your win-condition?

Again, only one answer.

-------------

After everyone has answered, it should be very simple to determine who the rebels are. To confirm myself, there are 25 consonants (non-vowels) in my win-condition.

Also noting that Claus is a neutral, so that brings it to seven. Minus myself is six. When the answers are finished, three. We know the rebels have to be those three, or two of the three at the very least.

Even if the rare chance that there are only two rebels and we lynch a loyalist. We would be in lylo looking at the last two rebels, lynching one after the other for victory.

I will now get some rest and be back tomorrow.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:15 am

Albert. B. Rampage wrote:9) Don't quote mod PMs or do anything else that might compromise the integrity of the game.
Anyone who answers L's questions may find themselves being modkilled in short order. I wouldn't advise it.

L, I don't know how long you've been around mafiascum, but it's fairly common practice that trying to compare role pms through the types of questions you just asked is not only considered lame metagaming, but it also defies the point of playing the game in the first place. We don't allow that sort of crap on our site. At first, mods just started writing everyone's role pm differently to prevent this sort of idiotic ploy, but now they just modkill people that try to do something like this instead of playing the damn game. I'm disappointed in you.
Permanent V/LA.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Claus »

Heh, MOS beat me to the punch while I was writing a very similar post to L. But I think it can't be repeated enough.

If not cheating by the letter of the mod rules, it is cheating by the spirit. While I doubt you would/should be modkilled by that, most mods either A- post the town win condition on the first post of the game, B- write every town PM differently or C- send the town win condition to the scum at the beginning of the game.

(when I mod my games here, I usually do A and C)

So it is most likely that that plan will backfire violently on you. But even if it doesn't, you should take your questions back, because it is a really lame way of playing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”