Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yeah I wrote some of the win conditions differently, had different flavor for different roles, etc.

Anyway, don't compromise the integrity of my game even if you're a criminal ninja.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:51 am

Post by L »

Apologies. Where I learned to play, it wasn't a big deal because it's really only done in a few cases, which were all lylo or close to it. I didn't think about it too much because it was rather late when I worked on it. (Lost internet, so I stayed up.)

It makes sense, in comparison to the other site, they were more casual about playing. Won't have that problem again I promise. :P

I did spend a good amount of time re-reading individual's posts in the game and comparing suspicions. I think Megatron is a loyalist. He was one of the first to agree we have a majority vote. Was on farside22 about the alerts post. Vocal about using the vig so we would know who used it, and it not go silent. Also told MafiaSSK to actually post and not lurk.

Claus is a neutral, that narrows it down.

I did ask Mastermind of Sin, andersonw, and Battousai the questions because I had all of them in the relatively same area.

I think MafiaSSK is a rebel along with GhostWriter. Both have lurked, and GhostWriter hasn't posted since the 14th, along that he hasn't really said too much. MafiaSSK in 128 says he would post his thoughts tomorrow, but the next day he didn't say anything of his thoughts, and when someone said something he just said he was still gathering information. Hasn't done a whole lot, and I think he's just lurking to victory.

Sunday we should be able to hear from the V/LA Ninja though, so I'm interested in their thoughts the most.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Claus »

*shakes the thread a bit*

Hellooo? Anyone home? GW? Batt?

Do you think I should put up a list of probable loyalist, rebels, L? I mean, I don't have a stake on this anymore, but the game is lagging in terms of contributions, so maybe it would help kick start this back into activity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I'm sorry for not having posted. I'm trying to get to computers when I can. I won't have mine back until Friday, but at least my ride to the library returns today, so I can go back up there again.

Um, If I had to pick someone to kill, it'd be MafiaSSK. Granted, I'm not posting as well, it isn't due to me lurking. I define lurking as being here, watching, but not posting. I really wasn't anywhere near a computer, so there was nothing I could do. Therefore, for me, I
Vote: MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

L wrote:
I think MafiaSSK is a rebel along with GhostWriter. Both have lurked, and GhostWriter hasn't posted since the 14th, along that he hasn't really said too much. MafiaSSK in 128 says he would post his thoughts tomorrow, but the next day he didn't say anything of his thoughts, and when someone said something he just said he was still gathering information. Hasn't done a whole lot, and I think he's just lurking to victory.

If you really want me to say the strategy and let scum win, then fine. I'll say it. It really is too early though and I really have not collected ANY information.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

You haven't collected ANY information? We have what 2 or so assinations left before its LyLo...

I don't know what strategy you could possibly had that if exposed would let the scum win, but at the same time be so bad that there is no information on page 10 after about 1/3 of the players have been killed.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Battousai wrote:You haven't collected ANY information? We have what 2 or so assinations left before its LyLo...

I don't know what strategy you could possibly had that if exposed would let the scum win, but at the same time be so bad that there is no information on page 10 after about 1/3 of the players have been killed.
It could make them look more town or at least in my eyes, more town.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by andersonw »

Okay, I'm back. First, I just want to say that we can't rule out (however unlikely) that Claus is actually part of the mafia and is looking for an excuse for executing both SleepyPanda and ashmite without much warning. A lot of people seem to believe Claus's claim, but I have a gut feeling that it might not be true (my gut feelings are normally wrong, though).
L wrote:andersonw - Until Sunday due to a piano competition. Good luck!
Lol, I didn't place at all, but thanks anyways.

I've been thinking that we could do a Claus lynch (not assassination) today to make sure that he isn't lying about his alignment, and also because it will let us reset our alerts. What do other people think about that?
@Claus: Why do you think SleepyPanda asking to modkill you confirms him as scum? It doesn't seem like that to me.
Also, I'm pretty sure anybody, both mafia or town, would act like SleepyPanda did, if they didn't believe you had the assassination a third time.
Claus wrote:Do you think I should put up a list of probable loyalist, rebels, L? I mean, I don't have a stake on this anymore, but the game is lagging in terms of contributions, so maybe it would help kick start this back into activity.
I know this isn't directed at me, but that would be nice.

@MoS: What about the "slip" you pointed out? You haven't explicitly explained it yet, unless if I missed it on the discussion on page 9.

@MafiaSSK: Could you just post some of your thoughts, please?
Also, I really don't get how a "strategy" could make the mafia seem pro-town, or whether there could be a strategy in this game at all.

Lastly, Battousai seems more town to me recently. Basically, the only scummy thing he did was setup discussion, and he has already explained that.
And if we don't do a Claus lynch, I will vote to
Assassinate:MafiaSSK
, for obvious reasons.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

andersonw wrote:
@MafiaSSK: Could you just post some of your thoughts, please?
Also, I really don't get how a "strategy" could make the mafia seem pro-town, or whether there could be a strategy in this game at all.
My thoughts are that people in this game play weird. And by the way my strategy work, even though there are a few flas, it usually catches scum because they know how to act.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by The Jester »

Claus wrote:*shakes the thread a bit*

Hellooo? Anyone home? GW? Batt?

Do you think I should put up a list of probable loyalist, rebels, L? I mean, I don't have a stake on this anymore, but the game is lagging in terms of contributions, so maybe it would help kick start this back into activity.
That would be nice. Honestly I trust you more then anyone else. Even if you did miss three times. :P

I would like Everyone to post their Top suspects for Loyalists and Rebels, it would be rather useful now.

I am absolutely 99% sure Claus is a neutral because he said things that fit the flavor perfectly. I honestly can't believe it's made up.

He, (Claus who is Zetsu) is the most loyal member, because he's the only one to know the real leader of them all, but the other members report to him. He is the only one trusted for disposing of the dead bodies of any Akatsuki member by eating them. Which yes, means Zetsu is a Ninja and a Cannibal. :P His ability makes sense with his personality. Zetsu being a rebel defies flavor. So, Claus being rebel is easily ruled out. Look up Zetsu and you'll find out the same things.

You said you would post your thoughts tomorrow in 128, you have posted nothing. You make up excuses to continue lurking and add absolutely nothing, at all to the thread. You said you had no information, yet you have a strategy? We're almost at lylo, and you think it's too early to say anything? I'm rather sure you're a rebel with that last post.

You said you're collecting information, you've said that since day 1. By not posting, you're not discussing. You now claim after four deaths that you have no information? That's simply ridiculous.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by L »

Alt Mix-Up
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

The Jester wrote:.

You said you would post your thoughts tomorrow in 128, you have posted nothing. You make up excuses to continue lurking and add absolutely nothing, at all to the thread. You said you had no information, yet you have a strategy? We're almost at lylo, and you think it's too early to say anything? I'm rather sure you're a rebel with that last post.

You said you're collecting information, you've said that since day 1. By not posting, you're not discussing. You now claim after four deaths that you have no information? That's simply ridiculous.
It's still day 1. And its becuase no one has really gone after me. That's how I collect my information and that's my strategy. How they react to lurkers. Because usually, scum go after lurkers more aggressively then regular Town-aligned people. They can get a free kill and they get one more night killl out of the game.
Whereas town usually pays less attention to lurkers. They don't give off as many scum-tells besides lurking and usually don't post any info. As thus htey don't notice them as more until it approaches deadline. When deadline approaches, after doing a plyer-by-player analysis they realize that there's been a lurker. If there's not an obvious scum around then they use them as a better than no-lynch. Its a pssive attempt, and not made with a lot of force.
So seeing as people have just really started to notice me lurking, I shall do a more efforted scan of the players and try and figure out their alignments using my strategy.
Hope your happy, if scum end up changing the way they play because I told my strategy.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by L »

We've told you to post, and you've either ignored them, or said you would post later. In 128, you said you'd post your thoughts the next day, the next day you did not post anything. You actively lurked, and lied, you've contributed nothing.

Your strategy isn't very effective. You've already claimed trying to get info, and then claim you have no information. How does it help win? I'm not seeing that as being at all useful.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

L wrote:We've told you to post, and you've either ignored them, or said you would post later. In 128, you said you'd post your thoughts the next day, the next day you did not post anything. You actively lurked, and lied, you've contributed nothing.

Your strategy isn't very effective. You've already claimed trying to get info, and then claim you have no information. How does it help win? I'm not seeing that as being at all useful.
Well, I'm just damn lazy. I'm not that good at Mafia.

Also, my strategy occasionally wroks. It helps win because it can find scum even if it is only occasionally useful.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by L »

You'll have to make effort at some time. I don't think I would have fun in a game if I always lurked. If I don't post, I honestly don't know where to go from where we are at.

Don't need to put yourself down like that either. If you don't think you're good, there's a few different things you can do. Either see if you can get into a basic game and start with that. Read up on roles, or just read up on a simple game that you're not in from start to finish. No reason anyone should think poorly of themselves.

It can work, but I don't think that it occasionally working is a good enough reason to employ it.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Megatron »

We need some replacements or something, this is getting awfully slow...
F*** the autobots
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:16 am

Post by andersonw »

The Jester wrote: I am absolutely 99% sure Claus is a neutral because he said things that fit the flavor perfectly. I honestly can't believe it's made up.

He, (Claus who is Zetsu) is the most loyal member, because he's the only one to know the real leader of them all, but the other members report to him. He is the only one trusted for disposing of the dead bodies of any Akatsuki member by eating them. Which yes, means Zetsu is a Ninja and a Cannibal. :P His ability makes sense with his personality. Zetsu being a rebel defies flavor. So, Claus being rebel is easily ruled out. Look up Zetsu and you'll find out the same things.
Ah, thanks. I did not know that.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Battousai »

4 days to deadline, can we get a vote count and a assassination count?

I still think MoS is the scummiest person in the game, followed by MafiaSSK.

Anderson: MoS answered the reason for the slip, I personally don't get it, but maybe if he says it again for you better then I will.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Claus »

There you go. I'm having some trouble with an article I have to finish by next week, but I should be able to fit some time for a quick re-read of this game tomorrow.

Vote Count

MafiaSSK 2 - GW, L
MoS 1 - Battousai

Assassination Request Count

Battousai 1 - Megatron
MafiaSSK 1 - Andersonw
MoS 1 - Battousai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Battousai »

You missed mine, I voted MoS and req assassination for him also.

Voting deadline is coming up in 4 days, so I think we should narrow down to the people with votes on them: Myself, MafiaSSK, MoS, plus No Lynch. Of the three, who does everyone feel is most likely scum or should we go for a no lynch and just assassinate like always (I feel that we should at least lynch, that way in case the rebels have the kill power and it goes silent the loyalists will have the most say)? My votes on MoS cause that's who I feel is the scummiest.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Edited.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Battousai »

MafiaSSK, I've been metaing your recent games to try and find this strategy. I haven't found it yet, cared to point me to a completed game where you've used this before?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Battousai wrote:MafiaSSK, I've been metaing your recent games to try and find this strategy. I haven't found it yet, cared to point me to a completed game where you've used this before?
There's no completed game as of yet where I have used this strategy. However an ongoing one would be 594(Ithink) in Mini Normals. I got replaced but I was using this strategy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Battousai »

Also, my strategy occasionally wroks. It helps win because it can find scum even if it is only occasionally useful.
There's no completed game as of yet where I have used this strategy. However an ongoing one would be 594(Ithink) in Mini Normals. I got replaced but I was using this strategy.
How can it occasionally work if you haven't completed a game with it yet and not be replaced?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Battousai wrote:
How can it occasionally work if you haven't completed a game with it yet and not be replaced?
Because I had already gotten two prods without the strategy then I made the strategy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”