Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:No, by unvoting him EA you are in fact the one who
ensured
that the EA wagon would fall apart, I just said I didn't like it. I don't see how my posting could stop you getting info out of EA.
Brought aup a good point here. Dcorbe isn't too willing to hold onto the bandwagon that he engineered, despite him being so sure it was under valid pretenses, and with information to gain. Now, even if his suspicions about q21 are correct, the only reason q21 would have to jump on dcorbe is if Erratus is his scumbuddy. Why else disrupt the lynch, and bring suspicion on himself? We could have at least pressured some information from Erratus, and moved on to q21. Instead, dcorbe noticed his bandwagon being picked at, and attacked. I don't htink dcorbe has enough invested in his bandwagons to be town.
q21 wrote:And anyway, assuming three scum at the beginning of a 12 player game is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. It doesn't really help anyone much, but it isn't some outrageous assumption that indicates that he must know something. Yes, its perfectly possible that it was a scum slip, but it really isn't enough to justify the L-2 wagon on him.
Not a bad reason for day one, but we have two better suspects right now. I believe q21 is less suspicious, but that's me.
Confirm Vote: dcorbe
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Cybele »

EA wrote:You've been making these two points against me all day: One, that all people who assume three scum are always scum, and two, that I assumed three scum. How in the hell can you claim those two points to be true without also concluding that I am 100% scum? What other possible conclusion can you derive from those two points?
kuribo wrote:And also, since you brought up past games, I should point out that in MY experience, 100% of the people that have been called out for knowing how many scum there were in a closed setup have been scum.
I'm not saying it's a bulletproof tell--- indeed, the sample size is too small
--- but it's been fairly reliable thus far!
Seriously. This is not true. Read the bold to kuribo's post.
FoS Erratus

Cephrir wrote:dcorbe's q21 vote is OMGUSy and not particularly well-founded. His EA vote was actually based on a tell, not an "anti-scumhunting attitude", even if EA's "slip-up" isn't the greatest tell ever.
And I just can't see why dcorbe would jump it so quickly. Dcorbe, why did you vote q21? Did you think him to be more likely to be scum?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Cybele »

Just got back from work. i'll do the honors.

unvote, vote Erratus Apathos
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Cybele »

dcorbe wrote:
massive wrote:
dcorbe
: Can you explain how you went from "wait for his replacement" to "I'll hammer him" (even though you didn't) to "maybe his replacement can claim" in regards to your opinion about Erratus in the span of about twenty hours?
I decided Lowell had a good point. As I indicated I've replaced into similar situations before. I thought about it some and I was sure that he was scum so I decided it wouldn't be fair to someone coming it to try and defend themselves or to come into the game only to claim.
Cephrir wrote: FoWhatIsWrongWithYou: dcorbe because I think it's pretty obvious that EA is not breadcrumbing, and exiting the random voting stage is not anti-scumhunting. Your posts are really weird and you take everything seriously, what's with that?
Trying REALLY hard to shoot down a perfectly legitimate reason to start an early wagon on someone... but he's going to hang back a bit after this and wait for someone else to jump on me so that he can look pro town later on.

q21 does eventually starts picking apart my wagon on post 60 but I noted that Cybele was already first on my wagon at this point.

After sparring with q21 a bit, he begins attacking me by proxy (post 73).

Cybele wrote:
q21 wrote:No, by unvoting him EA you are in fact the one who ensured that the EA wagon would fall apart, I just said I didn't like it. I don't see how my posting could stop you getting info out of EA.
Brought aup a good point here. Dcorbe isn't too willing to hold onto the bandwagon that he engineered, despite him being so sure it was under valid pretenses, and with information to gain. Now, even if his suspicions about q21 are correct, the only reason q21 would have to jump on dcorbe is if Erratus is his scumbuddy. Why else disrupt the lynch, and bring suspicion on himself? We could have at least pressured some information from Erratus, and moved on to q21. Instead, dcorbe noticed his bandwagon being picked at, and attacked. I don't htink dcorbe has enough invested in his bandwagons to be town.
q21 wrote:And anyway, assuming three scum at the beginning of a 12 player game is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. It doesn't really help anyone much, but it isn't some outrageous assumption that indicates that he must know something. Yes, its perfectly possible that it was a scum slip, but it really isn't enough to justify the L-2 wagon on him.
Not a bad reason for day one, but we have two better suspects right now. I believe q21 is less suspicious, but that's me.
Confirm Vote: dcorbe
He doesn't post again until 104, when he realized that EA was going to get lynched no matter what he did and he FoSes EA with very little good reasoning in an attempt to distance himself. A complete reversal, mind you, from his previous position.

He does take the opportunity to take another pot-shot at me though hoping the mere appearance of impropriety on my part will help him save face when his scum buddy flips.

Then he drops off the planet again...

Cybele wrote: Just got back from work. i'll do the honors.

unvote, vote Erratus Apathos
Then comes back to drop the hammer in order to distance himself some more from his scum partner.

Looking at the wagon that formed on me on D1:
votecount wrote: dcorbe (4): cybele, Erratus, q21, empking
EA wasn't the only scum on that wagon, methinks.

I'm having a hard time deciding if q21 is scum or if he's just extremely misguided, so I'm happy to leave him alive today in favor of a cybele lynch to see how his interactions with the rest of the group continue to pan out.

In conclusion:

HoS: q21,
mostly for a protracted argument with me in an attempt to derail the EA wagon[/b]
IGMEOY: empking,
mostly for post 76 which is an extremely misguided attempt to pick apart my wagon because I decided to go after q21 in order to shut down his coup on the EA wagon.
Vote: cybele
@Blue: As it has already been pointed out, this post doesn't belong to me.
@Green: I was first on your wagon by pure coincidence. {post 28} is just a standard random vote. I just picked someone who hadn't gotten a vote yet.
When I posted, I used q21's post as a reference for my own arguement, because it followed the same line of deduction. I still think it's worthy to note that your jumping off of EA's bandwagon is a worthy possible scumtell.
@Orange: Everyone has noted EA's scumminess and altered their opinions of him, why can't I?
PS- my arguement was never that EA was innocent, just that you might be his scumbuddy. There was no reversal, in my opinion.
@Indigo: What potshot? I simply thought it was a suspicious move on your part. You argue your points, I argue mine. Not every attack on you is the work of scum.

Now I'd like to address the sccusations of my 'lurking': While I have not posted often, I have posted each time I visit this thread. I simply don't have time to be here all day. I work from 7am to 3pm, at which point I'm outside all day doing Publick Work for the town I live in (re: mowing grass, cutting hedges, ditches, etc). I have a girlfriend, and I like to dedicate my time to her, as well. If only being online once per diem is unsatisfactory, then replace me. The pace on MafiaScum is faster than sites I used to play on, and overall, I'm still rather new at the game.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Cybele »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I'm here, I need to do a reread then a post will be coming
PS- Clearly i'm not the onley player not posting all the time, but I guess CC is cleared by virtue of his 'rereading the thread' whereas im obvious scum because 'Im just lurking'.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Cybele »

kuribo wrote:
massive wrote:I'm not saying you promised to vote and then didn't. I'm trying to figure out WHY you never voted. Call it 20/20 hindsight, but thanks to EA being scum, it certainly bears investigation.
But I explained why at the time of not voting, and again a few minutes ago, and you still haven't figured it out for you.

Know what else bears investigation? The people who said that the "Three Scum" thing wasn't a scumtell.

I know this goes into WIFOM territory, but come off it--- if I was scum, there'd be absolutely no reason for me to point out the slip in the first place, nor to keep pushing him about it.
I've looked at kuriboh's posts, and I son't see much of any cause for suspicion. Not wanting a quick lynch is reasonable for day one, especially on the little bit of evidence we had. Empking gets my vote for pushing his arguement beyond the point that it has been disproven.
Vote empking
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:That's L-1 I believe. Claim or die time.
Oh. Well just to be safe,
unvote

SHoS Empking

(don't wan't an accidental lynch...)
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Cybele »

I don't know what to think about Emp. He's
odd
confusing. But he hasn't been counter-claimed, and he says dcorbe is innocent, so I guess the next best is q21. I'm going to start reading over his posts, so no vote yet.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Cybele »

I read your pbpa, and I have to agree with a lot of it. Maybe not all of it, certainly the parts about dcorbe, empking and myself. Let me try to explain the latter. This is, for all intents and purposes, my second game. I've played one on another site, then stopped, and found this site. This is my first game here. That explains my my posts mostly use other people's logic as a crutch for my own. I realize most of what I've said was probably not as thought out as it should have been, or that it was weak, but hopefully that will change. I apoligize for running away for the entirety of day 2, but it was a mess that gave me a headache. I followed it for a while before I just gave up.

Now, starkmoon prodded me during the night (game time, not RL) and I looked over that kuribo lynch. WTF. I hate massive, empking and lowell right now. emp is likely a cop though (except he survived the night?) and he hasn't been counter-claimed. I'm going to
FoS both massive and Lowell
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Cybele »

I don't really know about q: I've always liked him, but I'm afraid that's just because he thought the same as I did on day 1.
Rofl was arguing against the kuribo bw nearer to the start of the day, so while he isn't cleared, I'm not all that suspicious of him right now.
PS- as for you: I'm willing to believe you're town because of Emp, and not for your logical approach to the game so far. :P
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Cybele »

I have no opinion of coheed. i just haven't seen enough of him.
Note: I'm rather leaning to what you've said about each of the players so far, but I think some of it is actually my own opinion. Can't say for sure though, I get a little impressionable when I'm new to something. Case-in-point: my first arguement against dcorbe. I just said that I agreed with q21, and had no opinion or arguement of my own. :blush:
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Cybele »

:oops: <-- that's what I meant by '':blush:''.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Cybele »

Empking wrote:It look like its between him and q21, I know I'm pro-town and I was afraid of godfathers so it can only Be lowell. I also agree with mirth's logic.
It's not just between q21 and lowell. Points have been made against rofl and massive as well. Massive was being just as scummy as lowell, he just didn't perform that suspicious hammer.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Cybele »

Mirth wrote:Don't forget to but yourself on that list, Cyb.
Excuse me. Good points have been made against massive, myself, lowell, etc. and pretty much everyone here.
If I skipped over myself, it was out of self-preservation. :wink:
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:
Lowell wrote:First of all I don't believe its a mafia roleblocker. I believe Emp is the cop and Mod's comments were an indication that she forgot to send emp his result.
Firstly:
Empking wrote:Just got the reply. I got no result.
This would indicate roleblocker.
Not necessarily. It could also indicate that he's dead. I was a naive cop in my first game, and on the second or third day I investigated someone who was also NK'd the same night, and I got 'no result'. I'm not saying this is convention, but since the mod decides how to handle certain situations, it's a possibility.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by Cybele »

Hi. I'm here, and I've been reading. Since I've been gone most of the day the last thing i've read is post 436.
q21 wrote:Just reread your post Lowell, you said probably, not certainly. My bad, but still - what more are we likely to know by tomorrow?
If I don't die and don't scry the mafia's target. We can see if I get a result.
This isn't necessarily certain either. The roleblocker could just as well take a break for one night just to cast suspicion on you, couldn't he?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Cybele »

vote Lowell

I've been suspicious of him since day 2, and now he seems the scummiest. (Next being massive.)
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:Cybele, for the sake of cordiality I will assume your reasons for the Lowell vote are similar to those already expressed on thread by other players. I'd like to know the reasons for your Massive suspicion, though.
Mainly because it was he and Lowell who pushed so hard for a kuribo lynch on day 2.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:
Cybele wrote:
q21 wrote:Cybele, for the sake of cordiality I will assume your reasons for the Lowell vote are similar to those already expressed on thread by other players. I'd like to know the reasons for your Massive suspicion, though.
Mainly because it was he and Lowell who pushed so hard for a kuribo lynch on day 2.
Empking pushed Kuribo pretty hard - even forced suicide reveal out of him. What do you think of Empking?
I still believe Emp is likely a cop, but he was playing stupidly during day 2 (no offence emp :( ). Stupid isn't lynchable, scummy is.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Cybele »

massive wrote:
Cybele
: In 452, you seem to intimate that the best play for a Mafia roleblocker would be to NOT block Empking to throw suspicion on him? Do you think that's a better play than continuously blocking him?
I think it could easily throw us off if we expect a constant blocking. Why waste a nk on the cop if we can trick town into lynching him for us? Also, the constant roleblocking is a waste of a power unless town has no more power roles...
Which brings me to what CC09 said: We already have a cop and doc, how many other power roles are we expecting?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Cybele »

Well, yes, sort of.

However, since the new CC09 suspicion started, I looked back again at the original "asking mod to claim" incident. I read it originally as a newbie-town trying to get information out of the mod, assuming claims were necessary before lynches. Looking at it again, however, it could as easily be newbie-scum trying to get the mod to help save his teammate. If his mood was that of "oh, crap, teammate being lynched, he's not around, MOD, help us out lest he be lynched before he gets back" then his post makes sense.
That's a good point. I had originally gone the way of massive and Lowell in regards to CC09's asking the mod to claim, but that could be too.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Cybele »

Hi. I don't have much to say. Sorry.

...Rereading. Give me a moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”