Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #136 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay.

Day 2, already? I wasn't even notified day one had started.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #138 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Skruffs »

INitial thoughts:
DGB is an impulsive town player.
Yosarian2 wants town to be nonimpulsive.
Would Yos have killed DGB to prevent her from quickdynamiting him or one of his buddies?
Discuss.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #139 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Skruffs »

If someone strikes a light and doesn't dynamite after 24 hours, they don't blow themselves up, do they?

Fos : Adel
for trying to railroad quick lynches
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also: Make sure CES doesn't reach the end of this game. Really suspicious (even for CES)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #141 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

Reading backwards is fun.

Why would town kill someone for striking a light?
If mafia strikes a light and blows up town, the mafia is hurt more than the town.
Let mafia blow themselves up. LML was in error, I think
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #142 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Skruffs »

Lastly:
Sarcastro is probably scum, Quag is scum only if he's tricksy. H ow tricksy is Quag, usually?

I was never sent a PM about this thread or that the game had started - considering how fast mafia got their nightkill in, though, they probably did *all* know it had started and so were active, at least in the beginning of today, if not before then. AIt's a poor meta but definitely something to consider. Too bad there's no protection against mafia kills; we wind up losing three townies per cycle with each mistake a townie makes.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

I probably don't see everything she's trying to do; but I don't think that, especially 'once town has decided' (ie majority) that a quick-bombing is warranted. It seems like she's starting off with protown intentions but trying to add as much pro-scum pork to it as possible. There's as much room for panicky fearmongering as there is for impulsive towniness.

Yos: I'm not discrediting you, I'm drawing paralells between your stated agenda and potential mafia thoughtprocesses.

Elvis_knits: I like your resentment of my theory. Tells me you're nervous I might be right; you didn't contradict the theory, only attacked my motivation for bringing it up.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Marmalade wrote:Stoof's away 'till Monday, I think.

Not sure what to make of Skruffs' entrance. Something feels off.
Propaganda designed to instigate paranoia. What about my entrane feels off? Do you feel I staged a delayed entrance?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #155 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hwh...well, Skruffs, when you come into a thread and say "here's a theory that demonstrates that my lurking proves I'm pro-town", you can't expect people to just accept it. I mean, if nothing else, you could theoretically have lurked just in order to make that defense when you did show up.

Besides which, considering how little time the scum have to send in night-kills in this game, I'm not sure why you're assuming that all three members of the mafia carefully discussed what they should do before sending in the kill.
You are also giving credence to the theory, just not the person who presented it. If I turn up town, does that mean my theory has weight?

Also: I didn't see anywhere that there are exactly three members of hte mafia. With 22 players, doesn't 3 seem a bit low?

Big Fos: Yos
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Sarcastro wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Sarcastro is probably scum
Really? Figured that out from my one post, did you?

I'm a bit confused - I thought LML had killed Ooba. Did I miss something?
Sure did. I'm on the ball.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #157 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also noted: Sarc wants day to end, wants to cut off conversation.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

He made a point of saying there was no way I could think he was scummy from his ONE post, and then asks whether Ooba was killed or not; if ooba had been killed, the day would be in night.

It's about motivations.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

IE if he didn't want day to end, wouldn't he be trying to encourage further stimulation if he thought we were in twilight, instead of just asking why we were still in twilight, what was the entire point of asking if ooba was going to be killed or not.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yos: Credence through omission, what you decided to target instead of what the point of your attacking was. People weren't told that the game had actually started; it is therefore likely that mafia could have instigated talking with each other at night to decide a kill. The correct rebuttal would have bene that smart scum, seeing that nobody was notified, would *not* have notified their buddies and would instead have simply sent in a kill, quickly, of DGB. DGB is a good generic kill that doesn't lead back to anyone because so many people hate her; I am pretty sure that some of the people who would immediately want DGB out of hte game are actually in this game. You didn't adress any of those points though, and fell back to a point which had already been instigated, by marmalade. So, nyeh.

Adel: I haven't struck a light yet?
Fos

I would think that if the mod plays it safe and does one mislynch for every correct lynch, there would be something like 4-1 town-mafia. The closest we can get in to that with 22, with a day start, would be 4; 16 townies to 4 mafia with an additional 2 townies to avoid an early endgame. But three is not unreasonable. Thing is, Yosarian threw out three without even considering it; that suggests he knew. Even saying there is likely three in a 12 player game is a scum tell, so wether there actually is three or if he is just laying false trails, I think Yos is scum. If you guys want me to dynamite him tomorrow (I will not accept ADel's opinion as part of that majority) that's fine, if anything it will give credence to my own theory, which I myself dismantled earlier in this post (because scum couldn't).

This is a fun game. ^.^
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #193 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erg0 wrote:Why do you disagree with Yos' heavy attack on lurkers?

I presume that we're going to go with Adel's plan for today? If so, a reminder that anybody who strikes a light without town consensus can expect a speedy demise.
This is ridiculous - if a mafia lights a match, and kills someone preemptively, we're minus a mafia, which is good. Why would they do that? IF a mafiate lights a mathc, they probably are not going to use it. If a townie lights a match, they are only hurting town.

Trying to get people who light matches to be killed off by other townies is SCUMMY.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #194 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Skruffs »

kuribo wrote:
Elmo wrote: Kuribo: If you had to dayvig someone right now, who would it be?
It's a tossup between Claus and Skruffs.

Skruffs because of the way he entered the game, and then immediately went on the defensive when he was called out on it. (Calling it "propaganda")

Claus for the simple fact that A) Yos2 is right that scum can easily lurk in this game, and thus may be doing exactly that, and B) I've never liked it when people ask others to "post who is most scummy." Why? Lots of reasons--- if those people turn up town, it helps absolve blame; It gives the scum an idea of who to bandwagon, and it helps them avoid NK'ing people who are suspicious.

I don't think Adel is scum--- there'd be too much danger that someone would call her bluff and strike a light. If she didn't follow through on her threat, she'd be (rightly) dynamited.
I don't remember getting defensive - I remember calling people out on stuff and aptly defending my statements. If that is scummy, somehow, I will keep that in mind when people start accusing you.

WHy would ADel-scum NOT potentially sacrifice herself at the expense of getting a string of townies to sacrifice themselves in killing other townies?

For that matter, why wouldn't mafia have killed Adel last night, since so many seem to think of her as town? With her gone, we'd have to find a new enforcer.

Elmo, your last post ALSO is scummy.

Vote : CES
I think that's a bad bluff and I'm calling you on it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #195 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

Marmalade wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:Skruffs, stop acting foolish. Asking whether or not LML killed Ooba had nothing to do with whether or not I want day to end. Your logic is nonsense. Why would I feel the need to "encourage further stimulation"? What does that even mean?
Agreed. I get the feeling Skruffs is bringing up semantic/irrelevant stuff in order to derail the actual discussion.
Which part of the actual discussion was I derailing?

Also:
Elvis_knits mentioned something that I didn't get a chance to talk about yesterday:
elvis_knits wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Elvis_knits: I like your resentment of my theory. Tells me you're nervous I might be right; you didn't contradict the theory, only attacked my motivation for bringing it up.
If I thought your theory was right I wouldn't have attacked you. Maybe mafia sent in a kill without talking to all members? Just because a mafia member hasn't posted in the thread, or posted on MS, or been V/LA does not excuse them from being mafia. Maybe before they went away for a day they told their team to go ahead without them for a kill? I think your theory would only hold up if there was a lone mafia member or SK.
I didn't realize that the mafia could day talk until after her post - I was going to ask how they would have had a chance, because it didn't say that hte game started with the scum being able to talk; etc etc, but it does turn out that mafia can day talk. Has that been addressed, in game?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #197 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

The context of what you said was that mafia would talk to each other shortly before the explosion happened; making plans for the night talk, in reference to an earlier statement that mafia would be more inclined to be active at the start of hte game because their partners would be discussing things with them and thus they would know about the game before the average joe might.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #213 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

What the hell, Adel!?
10 hours was just TOO LONG for a day-period?

WHY IS ULTIMAAVALON MORE LIKELY SCUM FOR LIGHTING A MATCH!?
SCUM WANT TO LIVE!!!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

No matter how many mafiates there are, we will need that many (x)*3 + 1 players alive.
That means if there are 3 mafiates, we need 10 players.
If there are four, (more likely in my opinion), we need 13.

If Adel in her "quick lynch" fever (just like LML and blazerunner before) is a townie who just killed another town, then going into tomorrow we will be down to 13 players, which is lylo if we have 4 mafiates. If we have five, then we've lost the game because we will not have enough players to kill the scum after today, once you take nightkills into account.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #216 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yos: When did I Suggest that Adel would blow herself up as scum to encourage others to follow her lead?
I suggested that she is pushing an 'immediate death as soon majority agrees to it' which is irresponsible considering three townies die with every mistake we make.

I don't know who first suggested killing off the first person to light a match, the whole concept seems designed exclusively to get townies to irrationally blow each others up. MAFIA have no reason to blow themselves up, so WHY encourage townies (who have to sacrifice themselves at least in part to win) to do so?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #217 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yos is still way up on my list.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman