Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Kenfucius »

Bah, me no like double shifts when mafia games are starting.

No funny random vote from me, for I am currently too tired to be either funny or random.
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Kenfucius »

Vote: geraintm.

Only person left who hasn't posted since everyone confirmed and Day 1 officially began.
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Kenfucius »

Random votes are fun.

I'm not voting randomly though, I have a nice little reason.

Granted, once geraintm posts I'll probably take the vote away again, but it's a start.
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Kenfucius »

unvote

Nice to see ya here geraintm. I personally laugh loudly at the tradition of avatars (mainly because I haven't had time to hunt for a cool one)

Personally, I'm wondering if Tom is actually at least semi-serious about his vote for Godot at this point.

If he was just aiming at the old "you were scum in another game with me" joke vote, his response to Imaginality's reaction hunt may well have been different.

Disagree with Strangercoug, personally, about whether the fishing is worth an fos, the way Imaginality went about it isn't exactly ideal, but if fishing for reaction is something that's supposed to be kept only to random voting, then we were still there, a decent amount of votes (including those already on Godot) were the randoms, or appeared to be.

Personally, I think that looking for reactions is something that should be done up until we have something solid to look at, that doesn't necessarily make it mutually exclusive from the random stage.
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Kenfucius »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Kenfucius wrote:Disagree with Strangercoug, personally, about whether the fishing is worth an fos, the way Imaginality went about it isn't exactly ideal, but if fishing for reaction is something that's supposed to be kept only to random voting, then we were still there, a decent amount of votes (including those already on Godot) were the randoms, or appeared to be.

Personally, I think that looking for reactions is something that should be done up until we have something solid to look at, that doesn't necessarily make it mutually exclusive from the random stage.
The random voting stage, by my definition, ends about the time where we get some serious votes. My vote on Litral was serious as he gave zero explanation for his vote (as opposed to imaginality who actually tried, despite the faulty reasoning behind it).

I'm someone who believes in making only one random vote, but more than one random vote by the same person isn't the end of the world.
Not disputing the end of random voting, just saying I don't think throwing reaction bait has to end with it. It doesn't necessarily follow that random votes provides a strong basis for solid scumhunting. Nothing wrong with trying something else in between.

Of course, by the same token, while I'm willing to buy that Tom's vote was a joke vote for now, should the fact that Tom left the vote on when imaginality pushed the second wagon be okay if the random stage had ended by that point?

Also, at this point, I agree with Litral and maxwellhouse about chenhsi and Wumbo.

Wumbo's posted once, chenhsi twice, though I've seen the latter posting in other places, any opinions from those two?
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Kenfucius »

Dark wingstalker wrote:
Litral wrote:
I'd like to ask DWS why he felt it was necessary to unvote when he judged the random voting stage to be over. Just a question.
I played a game of forum mafia where i forgot to unvote from the random voting stage, and then mine was the majority that got the cop lynched day one.

Pretty careful about leaving my votes sticking around on forums after that :P
Ouch. Well, at least there's no chance of that happening to ya this time. :lol:

Still... to pose a question to Litral on the basis of that... any reason why you wouldn't drop a random vote once you judge the game's progressed?
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Kenfucius »

maxwellhouse wrote: but lurking isn't always necessarily a mafia thing to do. sometimes you just don't know what to say.
True.

But then, it's rarely a pro-town thing to do either.

At worst, it's got a scum-vibe. At best, it's just unhelpful because it gives the town less to consider and discuss, and makes it impossible to read the offending lurker. If a game starts off with a slow rate of discussion that people decide has nothing of interest, how does that rate of discussion speed up and get interesting if everyone decides not to bother even trying to generate anything?

vote: chenhsi
until something interesting happens that people can talk about.
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Kenfucius »

First off, excuse the inactivity for the last couple of days, I wouldn't usually go V/LA because of work, but this time of year can cause it sometimes.

Personally, I'm kinda stuck, at this point. I'm trying to find something to talk about, trying to bring things up and maybe get people talking, but nobody's biting.

I picked chenhsi as the vote first mainly because he hadn't posted in longer and, honestly, said much the same thing as Wumbo did in the quote above the last time he did post.

I'm not as convinced on the newbie townie thing, but I'll go with benefit of the doubt for the moment.

unvote, vote: Wumbo
Kenfucius
Kenfucius
Townie
Kenfucius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Kenfucius »

unvote

Didn't figure for that to push so close to lynch that fast.

I don't entirely dislike the Wumbo wagon (that is kinda fun if you say it aloud, geraintm), but I think that may be based on playstyle differences as much as anything else. But hey, if he wants to have a dig at me for reaction fishing, that's fine. It was that type of fishing that turned the inactive thread he was disparaging earlier into a relatively active one.

Concerning DWS, time may not be a valid reason for an attack, but what gets me is that while you may not have known what L-1 meant, surely that along with the inference in the statement "claim or die" in the exact same post must have made some bells go off.

Taken seperately, one might be jargon you don't get, and the other might just be some dramatic phrasing, but taken together and linked, it seems an easy leap to make to me.

I'm not willing to vote on that basis, yet.

FoS: DWS

Not liking geraintm's recent attack on nhat, either, and nhat called the reason. Chopping away part of a quoted post is something I don't like, it feels like an attempt at misrepresentation.

IGMEOY: geraintm

MOD:
By my count, it's been closing in on 5 days since chehnsi posted, perhaps a prod would be in order?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”