L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by L »

Vote: Ghostwriter

For not voting someone, and trying to appear harmless.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by L »

A majority vote on who should be assassinated is a good idea. We can still lynch someone, but every two kills a new meeting starts. That resets the steals and alerts. This means we really need to keep track of a majority vote of who should be killed. If the person with the kill doesn't follow that, we can be sure they aren't being loyal.

Discussing the set-up is bad, because the Mod warned us that claiming is not helpful, ever. As Claus said, "it detracts from scumhunting." No reason we need to.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hehehehe hilarity shall ensue *rubs hands*

I would like to point out that this post throughly matched your avatar.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 am

Post by L »

Apologies, I'm here.

I was re-reading posts and I think either DrippingGoofball or farside22 should be assassinated.

I would prefer DrippingGoofball for voting farside22 twice without really saying why, or adding much else.

Ass: DrippingGoofball

Unvote

Vote: farside22
I did not understand how talking about alerts was in anyway helpful. I don't understand your point after you tried to clarify either.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by L »

DrippingGoofball, I would agree with your post if not for the fact you have provided no real posts as of yet. I have at least discussed points of how assassinations should be carried out to minimize bad causalities.

You have allegedly random-voted farside22 twice without realizing so I suspect different reasons; then you call me a hypocrite? Humorous to say the least.

I've definitely contributed more then you after a quick re-read.

Claus, I'm wondering what your reaction is to this?

Right now comparing my notes of the events, I would agree of ashmite84 not saying much. He did say another post that wasn't a vote count in 97.

I do agree with andersonw about farside22 still trying to explain her idea instead of just dropping it as if it wasn't anything anymore. I wouldn't have felt as much suspicion as that was the only thing I noted of her actions.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by L »

Before the game started, Albert B. Rampage told us that claiming was bad. So I wouldn't think farside22 would claim knowing this.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:EDIT: Claiming in this game will almost always be bad for the town. You have been warned. Your flavor might also be compromised upon claiming.
Battousai, you asked the mod if the Akatsuki was mafia or not.
Battousai wrote:So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.
If you knew this, why did you talk about possible set-ups? I don't think we would have gained anymore information from randomly guessing what the numbers could be.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by L »

Claus wrote:I think that the DGB votes on farside were not random. Why are you saying that?
I said allegedly, for the reason that I don't know if they were random. I would guess most early votes are usually random.

Battousai, would you please answer my question in 145 about the set-up guessing after you already asked the Mod?

The only time we should lynch is if someone isn't going to use the vig. There isn't really a reason to lynch at all.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by L »

"L - voting both Farside and DGB during the Farside x DGB bandwagon. After farside flips town, turns around and adds: "As andersonw said, farside was still explaining herself. I wouldn't have felt as much suspicion"."

When I voted farside22, it was because of the weird alert-idea, I did not understand what the plan was, or how it helped in anyway. That was the most suspicious thing I noted and that was why I voted farside22. farside22 explained it better, and I would have unvoted, but farside22 was killed beforehand. Not that I expect this to be believed as it can't be confirmed.

I voted DrippingGoofball for not providing much content. DrippingGoofball had not said very much, when I said for her to talk more she said I was a hypocrite. Which is untrue because I've actually discussed things. Which is more then what I can say she did. She then votes me, claiming I was all up in arms. I said it was humorous she is voting me for such faulty reasons, hardly the definition of someone "all up in arms".

Claus did stop his nonsense, he was posting more vote counts than actual posts.

Honestly I don't think mafia would risk killing ashmite84 like that. As said before, "What did he gain by sticking his neck out like that?"

Claus, Megatron, and SleepyPanda are giving me the most town vibes.

Claus's vig against ashmite84 seems like he took a risk to stop more non-majority deaths. Which would be the argument against waiting for others to reply before someone gets the kill again/he might get it again.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by L »

Claus won't be mod-killed, he said he guessed who had the kill again. So he's officially attacking you with the kill.

So Claus, you had some info on SleepyPanda similar to a cop getting innocent/guilty?

I'm assuming so, or as SleepyPanda said, you are rather ruining the voting system with an attack on your own reasons.

I don't like that you came across as "I finally got scum." If you were so sure he was mafia, and weren't using the vote count. What gives? It seems back and forth about you using it.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 am

Post by L »

From what I read on the Akatsuki, I believe Claus is telling the truth. I wanted to be Zetsu before the game began, you cheeky bastard. :P

I'm going to re-read before I make a decision though, especially since we're close to lylo.

I'd like to hear other people, GhostWriter has limited access, and hasn't posted since the 14th I believe.

MafiaSSK claims to have a lurking playstyle, and that he's collecting information. I would like to hear what he thinks of the situation, and that he'll stop lurking. It doesn't help.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by L »

V/LA Ninja

MafiaSSK - 20th to 22nd.

GhostWriter - Has to go to the library for access. Hasn't posted since the 14th.

andersonw - Until Sunday due to a piano competition. Good luck!
-------------------------

At this point, I would like to ask questions to confirm loyalists.

I have a few different questions, and after going over my list of suspicions a few times I have decided who I want to ask. You only get
one
chance to answer of course, it would be a waste otherwise.

@Mastermind of Sin:
Would you please tell me how many vowels are in your win condition?
Just that line, and nothing else. While I examined my role throughly to determine the similarities it would share with everyone and only the loyalists, I'm sure the win-condition is the same. So you should get the same number I do.

@Battousai:
What's the
ninth
word in your win condition?

Like I said, you only get one chance to answer.

@andersonw:
Does the word "the" appear one or two times in your win-condition?

Again, only one answer.

-------------

After everyone has answered, it should be very simple to determine who the rebels are. To confirm myself, there are 25 consonants (non-vowels) in my win-condition.

Also noting that Claus is a neutral, so that brings it to seven. Minus myself is six. When the answers are finished, three. We know the rebels have to be those three, or two of the three at the very least.

Even if the rare chance that there are only two rebels and we lynch a loyalist. We would be in lylo looking at the last two rebels, lynching one after the other for victory.

I will now get some rest and be back tomorrow.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:51 am

Post by L »

Apologies. Where I learned to play, it wasn't a big deal because it's really only done in a few cases, which were all lylo or close to it. I didn't think about it too much because it was rather late when I worked on it. (Lost internet, so I stayed up.)

It makes sense, in comparison to the other site, they were more casual about playing. Won't have that problem again I promise. :P

I did spend a good amount of time re-reading individual's posts in the game and comparing suspicions. I think Megatron is a loyalist. He was one of the first to agree we have a majority vote. Was on farside22 about the alerts post. Vocal about using the vig so we would know who used it, and it not go silent. Also told MafiaSSK to actually post and not lurk.

Claus is a neutral, that narrows it down.

I did ask Mastermind of Sin, andersonw, and Battousai the questions because I had all of them in the relatively same area.

I think MafiaSSK is a rebel along with GhostWriter. Both have lurked, and GhostWriter hasn't posted since the 14th, along that he hasn't really said too much. MafiaSSK in 128 says he would post his thoughts tomorrow, but the next day he didn't say anything of his thoughts, and when someone said something he just said he was still gathering information. Hasn't done a whole lot, and I think he's just lurking to victory.

Sunday we should be able to hear from the V/LA Ninja though, so I'm interested in their thoughts the most.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by L »

Alt Mix-Up
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by L »

We've told you to post, and you've either ignored them, or said you would post later. In 128, you said you'd post your thoughts the next day, the next day you did not post anything. You actively lurked, and lied, you've contributed nothing.

Your strategy isn't very effective. You've already claimed trying to get info, and then claim you have no information. How does it help win? I'm not seeing that as being at all useful.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by L »

You'll have to make effort at some time. I don't think I would have fun in a game if I always lurked. If I don't post, I honestly don't know where to go from where we are at.

Don't need to put yourself down like that either. If you don't think you're good, there's a few different things you can do. Either see if you can get into a basic game and start with that. Read up on roles, or just read up on a simple game that you're not in from start to finish. No reason anyone should think poorly of themselves.

It can work, but I don't think that it occasionally working is a good enough reason to employ it.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by L »

Megatron and andersonw, would you please post your Top suspects for loyalists and rebels? It would be rather helpful. I do want everyone to do it. Claus will do one soon as he said he would, and Battousai is claiming Mastermind of Sin and MafiaSSK.

Then maybe the game won't be so slow.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by L »

Mastermind of Sin did unvote because when battousai quoted, he quoted me quoting a pre-game question he asked. When he quoted me, it looked like he re-asked the same question.

Who do you think is a loyalist?
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by L »

andersonw wrote:Okay:
btw, if you are The Jester, then you should be experienced enough not to ask about win conditions. Could I ask why you did that?
I made that post when it was between midnight-three am. I lost internet, and I was thinking of what to do next. I thought to do a re-read and do a list. So I did a list, but I realized I wasn't too sure about half the people. I was still thinking about a mafia game on another forum in which confirming via role pm happens sometimes. Because we haven't fixed the mafia rules, we still have those moments, and I not being as awake as I should have been, thought I'd try it here. Completely forgetting that you don't do that here, because it ruins the game.

I didn't get sleep that night, and I woke up realizing why. I felt very stupid.

I did not change my mind once when I said I think MafiaSSK is rebel. He said he lurked because he's lazy, and he said he is bad at mafia. I explained what I think would be good for him so he doesn't think that. It did not change that my suspicions, it was advice.

It's 2am, so I will stop now before I do something else stupid. If I missed anything, remind me.

I'm debating another re-read.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by L »

Now lets stick to the consensus this time.

I believe I know who Tom is. Flavor would tell me Tom is a loyalist. Using the same logic and flavor that Tobi was the rebel leader.

Particularly I'm interested in andersonw's vote on Claus. I explained why Claus would make sense as a neutral.

I find it odd that Mastermind of Sin and andersonw are saying Claus is the most scummy. Mastermind of Sin's only suspicions of rebel are Claus. Who I've showed rather good reasons why he is a neutral. andersonw is voting Claus. Except when I explained Zetsu's character, andersonw as I said earlier, told me he did not know that before. Ceased suspicions of him. Now comes back with a vote.

@andersonw: In 241 you told me you did not know about Zetsu, so why are you changing your mind?

Other things that were odd was when Mastermind of Sin was getting at battousai for saying things that would make him seem like a third party/neutral. Yet was trying to vote him for that.

Also, Mastermind of Sin has said, "Megatron has strongly stated his feelings when he posted, something that scum are wary to do.."

Yet on andersonw has said, "I almost forgot he was playing. He hasn't really said much, hasn't committed to any strong positions that would stick his neck out. Playing it safe as scum, or just an inactive townie? Only time will tell."

I would think with that logic, andersonw would seem scummy for not saying much, not committing to positions, sticking to his guns.

Start with that for now.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by L »

I have finished the set-up, I believe I know who everyone is, role name and alignment. I will explain why the flavor does work in the finished set-up post. I've checked it a lot of times to verify, and tested other scenarios to check from other perspectives.

Before I post that, Lets first Note Why Claus killed those people, this list shows how each was killed and why.

farside22 was consensus assassinated by Claus.

DrippingGoofball was assassinated by ashmite84

Ashmite84 was assassinated for not following consensus by Claus.

SleepyPanda was assassinated by Claus for not following consensus.

MafiaSSK was assassinated by Tom for his lurking, etc.

Battousai was assassinated by Claus for not following consensus.
-----------------

We set a system and agreed early on that if someone would be killed it would be by a majority. We would use the vig so it doesn't go silent.

Claus did the right thing, he killed by consensus, killed people for breaking consensus. That's the only argument I'm seeing against Claus right now, and it's very weak, so much so it's scummy as hell.

The deadline is tomorrow so I will post my findings later today.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 am

Post by L »

I'm willing to lynch either battousai (andersonw) or Mastermind of Sin.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 am

Post by L »

Mastermind of Sin.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by L »

- L
, why do you think Megatron is a loyalist? You said it once, then never mentioned it again.

Megatron was the first I believe to get on farside22 for the weird "alert" post. His thought on the revenge-kill policy he said he couldn't argue against it saying that it would keep people to using a majority. Agreed to majority use kill so it doesn't go silent. Only lynch if the one with the vig didn't use it. Said what Ashmite84 did will just lead to more WIFOM, so there wasn't a reason to really discuss why he did what he did. Defended himself pretty well against battousai v1's attempt at his life.

Also I think I know who he is when battousai attacked him and he blocked. From all the thinking and microsoft word manipulations, I've concluded flavor-wise as well that I don't see Megatron's character as being a rebel.

Regarding Battousai's attack on Megatron itself, and people that individually attack people they find to be a rebel:

I don't think it matters if you're "so" sure someone is scum. If you're "so" sure then you should be able to make a case on that person to see if majority agrees with you or not.

- L
, what is your case on MoS? I have looked through your posts, and the only time I see you directly accuse him is on post 17, where you say that he is ambivalent on Anderson_w when he should be accusing him.

Part of the reasoning is the applicants of Claus is bad for killing four loyalists. Mastermind of Sin ignored why Claus killed them, and my post explaining why Claus killed them which equates to a weak case. The same post I believe was ignored.

andersonw was neutral on mastermind of sin's list, so Claus was 'scummier'. Battousai v1 flipped town, and now that means andersonw is "bumped up" the list as Mastermind of Sin said. Even though I don't believe andersonw said anything new that would cause that aside the weak-vote on Claus. Instead of voting Claus, Mastermind of Sin votes andersonw. That doesn't make sense with Mastermind of Sin's list.

Which said Claus was scummier, and andersonw was a neutral, Mastermind of Sin even mentioned not remembering andersonw was playing. Quotes below.

"Neutral -

andersonw - I almost forgot he was playing. He hasn't really said much,
hasn't committed to any strong positions that would stick his neck out.
Playing it safe as scum, or just an inactive townie? Only time will tell.

Megatron - Believe it or not, I think Megatron is probably town, and I'm not happy with the kill attempt on him.
Megatron has strongly stated his feelings when he posted, something that scum are wary to do
"

andersonw is neutral, for not saying much, not committing strongly to positions. The ending bugs me, "Playing it safe as scum or just an inactive townie? Only time will tell." Time will tell? But that's not the point. Note why Megatron is "probably town" to Mastermind of Sin. He's strongly stating his feelings when he posts. Something scum are wary to do. Like andersonw?

-
bonus: do you think Anderson and MOS are a scumpair, or do you think they are an "either one or the other" case of scum?

Yes, I believe they're a scum-pair. It doesn't seem they're able to get at other people, so they're voting each other. Besides both of them being the scummiest post-wise. Flavor would dictate to me, after checking and re-checking, taking a coffee break and checking again that they're the last akatsuki pair. Deviating knowledge of who I am, the dead are, and those alive who have had flavor disclosed.

I just remembered, I find Battousai's "What if the rebels have a kill?" idea oddly suspicious. No where does it say or suggest that rebels have a kill they make between meetings. The weird "lynching for numbers" thing, didn't make sense to me either.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:59 am

Post by L »

Mastermind of Sin - "Did you ignore the part where I agreed with the reason for killing them?"

No, I did not see you say you agreed, I didn't see anything referencing that post. Would you kindly show me where you agreed?

Better reasoning for andersonw though.

When I first read that, it felt odd to say Megatron did something good, but andersonw did the opposite that you'd put andersonw as possible scummy or something. Yes it makes more sense now, not sure why you asked me in a reply to battousai. :P

Ironic that it takes less then the time it took you to post to find out, not that it matters. I'm rather sure of who everyone is.

Battousai: All except Zetsu had a partner.

"L- In what game of mafia have you played in where the scum did NOT have a NK?"

A few. Not that it matters, the flavor of this game clearly details the ways people are killed. Either by lynch or by vig. There is no night kill. To me that feels like you're trying to do some "stupid town" ploy by questioning there being a nightkill when there clearly is not.

Vote: Battousai

That should be three votes, we're at L-1. Megatron should be back today to post.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by L »

As I said, there is no nightkill in this set-up.

Vote: Battousai_2
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:13 am

Post by L »

Damn. If Tom didn't vote, I would have come in here and killed Mastermind of Sin. I set my alarm for 8 but got out at 11, I woke up and took a quick shower. I debated if I should have breakfast or not just to get here faster. If I actually woke up at 8am like I planned, this wouldn't have happened. Mastermind of Sin didn't even have alerts...

I did have Mastermind of Sin pegged as Kakuzu though, but I had "Tsunade" pegged as Hidan. I was sure Tom was Konan. "Shred to pieces", Konan works with making herself into paper. Konan is not rebel. So Tom and I were cleared. Honestly, regardless of what Battousai flipped, it made sense to kill Mastermind of Sin. Then, I would have actually probably killed Claus. Because if Battousai wasn't rebel, he had to be in some weird way.

What barely makes me feel better was that I constantly, constantly asked myself what if Claus wasn't neutral. I examined it, and the claim made so much sense. 10 Akatsuki not counting Orochimaru, two open slots...Kakashi and Naruto.

Also, Albert didn't say I was killed if I recall, and I still have the kill...

ATTACK: Tom
*Sigh* Mastermind of Sin's "Oh well, might as well vote Megatron" post sealed my suspicions too...course I didn't finish reading yet...
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:54 am

Post by L »

True. Which does make me feel better. I would have voted though, and made the best case I could.

The neutral claim was awesome, I felt sick thinking of how good it was if it was fake. Is there a nomination for best fake claim? Claus if you were the Sk, I would have nominated you Best Sk for taking the kill so many times...

I still feel like kicking Tom a little, but that's about it. :P

Nominating the game for Best Mini Theme. It was truly fun, and I was a bit nervous just because anytime someone (Claus) could have killed you while you were away..
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:16 am

Post by L »

There. We'll see what happens now.

Thanks for the great game Albert, as I said I nominated the set-up as well. One of the most enjoyable I've ever played. If you ever do this again, I would love to be apart of it. :D
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 am

Post by L »

Ah, that makes sense.

Well it's basically luck that I had you pegged as Kakuzu. Tsunade and Orochimaru were not in the set-up I had in mind.

When there were six alive, I started checking who people were. I knew I was Itachi, and I was sure Tom was Konan. Claus was Zetsu, Megatron's flavor "exploded into pieces", seemed like Deidara. Deidara eats exploding clay as his set of attacks.

You and andersonw were left, as were Kakuzu and Hidan. Which led me to believe you were Kakuzu and andersonw was Hidan.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by L »

I would take you up on that invitation. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”