Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Megatron »

That's my guess by the flavor text given, although I have to admit I've pretty much had to wikipedia this stuff.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Megatron »

Agreed, and faster game means less info.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Megatron »

farside22 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:So is there anyone who does NOT agree to not use the assassinations? Let's just get that out of the way now. This is, of course, a point that can be rediscussed if we gain further info about the setup that indicates it to be a good thing to use them.
This is a good idea actually. I was trying to think of not only the assassination part, but maybe talking about who we didn't trust coming into this game. What I mean is that we had to choose who we put Alerts against. Maybe not saying out and out who we have are alerts against, but stating who we think would do a kill against us and why we think that.
Does this make sense?
I was thinking maybe naming 4 people out of the 12 you think would kill you and why you think as such. Something to use as a reference as well.
WHOA, are you serious? Did you actually just (hypothetical or not!) ask everyone to announce their alerts? Trying to zero in on a target?

vote: farside22
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Megatron »

ashmite84 wrote:This new rule makes things very interesting. You didn't think ABR would make a vig themed game and allow the vig kills to not be utilized did you? :p I personally like the new rule, that's why I joined this game in the first place. Having said that, if assassinating against the majority's wishes, and you get it wrong, do so at your own risk.
Agreed.
ashmite84 wrote:Also I don't think alerts should be discussed unless you are desperate (about to get the chop etc.)
Honestly, I don't see how discussing alerts could ever do much other than paint a huge target on someone's back.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Megatron »

GhostWriter wrote:Actually, I am opposed to your bangwagon. I believe that it's the perfect opportunity for the rebels to jump on, since I believe that it's obvious that your idea was taken out of context.
Taken out of context? I'm not buying that - it seemed more like a scummy poke to see how much information people would leak, and afterward turned into what looks a lot more like damage control than an honest explanation.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Megatron »

There is only one answer then - we kill someone within the next 48 hours. If the daykill is to be used, it is in our best interests to SEE WHO USES IT so that if they go against the wishes of the town that they are held accountable.

As for me, well, she already has my lynch vote, for reasons I've already listed, but to clarify,
Ass: farside22
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Megatron »

Honestly, Claus isn't pinging my scumdar. He used the kill, but he used it on the voted target. Maybe a bit soon, but I don't know how much would have changed with the kill clock at less than two days.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Megatron »

SleepyPanda wrote:This game picked up quite fast, with two more dead in just one day? Even though Ashmite took it upon himself to kill DGB was highly suspicious, I'm kind of disappointed that Claus also decided to do the same and "revenge" kill Ashmite. It would've been better to at least get other people's feedback first.

Regarding Battousai, I don't see how his set-up guessing would help or hurt town. However, him wanting to wait until D2 before killing seems pretty scummy. To get to D2, that means we have to lynch. By lynching, we are still killing someone that we could've killed with the vig kill. It would be exactly the same, except the scum will have a chance to get a free kill in if the vig kill managed to go past deadline.

MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.

I'm on the fence between voting Claus and Battousai. I think it's entirely possible that both of them are scum. The interaction between them seems to me like they're just trying to distance themselves from each other.

For now,
Ass: Claus
I'm not so sure about Claus - in fact, I can't honestly argue with the revenge-kill policy, it will greatly help to ensure that people (from now on, anyway) follow the majority kill and not go all bloody Rambo like Ashamite did. However, this is the second time Claus has come off a bit trigger-happy...

The thing that bothers me is, I'm not sure that scum would drop a blatant daykill like Ashamite did - however, there's no argument to that effect that doesn't immediately dissolve into WIFOM, so it'll get us nowhere.

Agreed on Battousai, however - The only time we should actually need a lynch is if the voted daykill is not carried out.

I want to say one of them are scum, but damned if I can figure out which.
MafiaSSK wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote: MafiaSSK, besides his random votes, he hasn't posted anything of relevance so he can't be ruled out.
Because my playstyle is lurking. Don't owrry, I'm sitll collecting information.
This, in and of itself, is suspect. How about sharing the info you're collecting, and giving some input on it?
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Megatron »

Claus wrote: Megatron, my questions/comments for you were in the last post. The Ashmite WIFOM you mentioned only exists because now we know he is town. Before that, he was someone under growing pressure (me, L) who killed someone else he didn't even suspect
Well, like I already said, speculation on what Ash was up to is only going to lead us into WIFOM and it's not going to accomplish much except to distract us. He wasn't really on my suspect radar before that.

Speaking of distractions - Battousai, you sure seem to know an awful lot about the setup, or at least you seem to know more than I do. How is that?

Oh, and by the way, nice OMGUS vote.

Ass: Battousai
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Megatron »

Damn you Claus! I really did think you were town...

Battousai wrote: Come on people, MoS is going pregame and picking out quotes to throw in and use as reason of guilt.....
What?

You posted this
just over 48 hours ago!

Battousai wrote:Sorry L, must of missed that post:

So are the Akatsuki the scum or the town group?

The Akatsuki is a reunion of 12 top-level criminal ninjas who have left their village to help each other achieve their individual and collective goals. Unfortunately, there is dissension in their ranks; this game will represent the power struggle between the leadership of akatsuki, the various members, and the rebel faction.

You see, I've seen the shows and the Akatsuki are the "evil" faction of the Ninja World. So when I asked that question it was just out of curiousty of, are we taking out the Akatsuki or are we all Akatsuki (answer obv).

Now the answer the mod gave us, told us there was a split, but didn't tell us how many of us split, did they splitters form more than one group or anything like that. I was thinking, for a time, that it was possible for at least 2 scum groups and 1 town because the mod said "the power struggle between the leadership of
akatsuki
the various members
, and the
rebel faction
. I was thinking it might be possible that the leadership could have turned on the members (that's 1 scum group) the rebels have seen this and broke away (that's 2) and the majority town group is just gullible and are supporting the leadership who are secretly plotting against them.

Just so you know, from the flavor of later text in the game, I do think there are just two groups- the loyalists and the rebel faction.
What's "pregame" about that?

F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Megatron »

We need some replacements or something, this is getting awfully slow...
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Megatron »

Obviously my #1 is Battousai, he got called out by MoS for continued setup-related arguments, then lies through his teeth saying that MoS is using pre-game posts as justification for going at him. Lynch all liars.

#2 MafiaSSK, I don't see how anything he's doing right now makes any damn sense.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Megatron »

Hmm. I guess I fail at deciphering badly done quote tags... I must have missed that part, and glazed over some of the rest of that page... time for a reread.

unvote/unass/etc...
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Megatron »

Tom wrote:Hello everyone. I replaced GhostWriter, and I am a townie. I find myself in a sticky situation because I have been told upon replacement that I have the kill and that the kill-time is almost up – I only have one or two posts before I lose it.
This means that if I do not use the kill then I will lose it, it will go to a random person, and the kill will then be concealed.
Liar. (emphasis mine)

Ass: Tom

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
New Rule
:

If a week goes by with the daykill in the Akatsuki loyalists' possession, without being used or taken by the rebel faction, the kills will become undisclosed. That means you will PM to me your target and no one will ever know it was you who got away with murder.

(mod edit: I forgot that not everyone will kill at the first chance like me)
If you were town you wouldn't lose it, you'd be able to use it secretly. ABR already clarified this. You had to use it because you're scum.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Megatron »

Oh, shit... I'm a total retard.

So basically, if the kill goes 7 days and becomes "undisclosed", the first person to just PM ABR a name to kill gets the kill regardless of who had it before, AND no one knows who did it?

I have no idea why that didn't register. I was assuming that even if time expired, the kill still stayed with the same person who already had it if they were town (he did specifically say if it was in the
loyalists' possession
.)

I guess that makes less sense than I thought it did. Gah. I'm confused now. I really figured I had you pinned down, too... because, well, if I hadn't been wrong about that, think about it - not only had you come in like that, dropped a kill on the scum boss, which makes a perfect bus, but it was .. ah goddammit.

You actually saved someone's ass *and* got the scum leader in the process... well done.

unass

Re-reading. Damn, I feel stupid now.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Megatron »

Alright, I see what I did. When I read that, I interpreted it as "if the town still has the kill, they can use it silently after 7 days..." ...which actually left me wondering what happened if the scum had it, but I sort of assumed that they could just hold it forever.

Bleh. The two biggest scum tells (or, as I thought at the time, blatant outright lies) I've caught so far in the game are now attributed to bad quote tags and my own misunderstanding of the rules... way to go mega...

Anyway, enough of that.

> MoS, Battousai

Not sure what to make of this, after reviewing the mistake I made with Bat. MoS is extremely defensive, and Battousai doesn't seem to want to contribute much besides defending himself and talking about setup. I really want to say there's scum here somewhere... but for some reason I don't think it's both of them.

>> L, andersonw, Tom

L makes a strong case for the SSK kill, and comes off mostly pro-town to me even in the earlier phases. The "post X from your role PM" routine, while against the spirit of the game, doesn't give me any scum flares.

andersonw seems constructive and pro-town, but has suddenly re-ordered his suspect list almost completely, and I can't seem to find anything to point out why.

Tom came in at the last minute and got SSK (but I can only give so much +town credit for this since he was likely to die anyway)... it could still be a bus, but his posting so far looks good, now that I see where he's coming from.

...and Claus, well, I believe the claim, the flavor is well backed up, and it fits the character perfectly. I just hope that he didn't figure out a really good way to bullshit us.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Megatron »

Battousai wrote:I meant to put in why, must have forgot. Not feeling to well today, my hands are kind of shaking and I'm a little light headed. I'm going to the doctor soon so, after he is killed or blocks it or whatever please don't kill me until I at least get back and defend better.

Megatron was always on my suspicion list, I was only waiting for him to slip up and out his partner. He really hasn't done it yet, but I got the kill and I wanted to use it. I was debating on whether or not to use it on MoS, but I was just too unsure and the risk wasn't worth it.

What megatron has done: Goes easily onto bandwagons- followed MoS onto mine, farside's. He attacked tom for no good reason.
If you re-read where I mentioned Tom, you'll see quite obviously that I made a mistake regarding the "silent kill" explanation.

I never followed MoS onto any bandwagon, I called you out, because I misread something you typed (and used poor quote tagging on, so it looked like a NEW POST) - you did this while accusing MoS of lying about what you'd posted.

I read the same thing he did, it looked like the same lie, I wasn't aware at the time that you were (badly) quoting pre-game posts.

Now you're definitely at the top of my list, for completely disregarding the system in place for kills and trying to take me out on your own.

F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Megatron »

Also, as far as the farside wagon goes, I was only the second one on it because I wasn't online when he posted that crap about wanting people to post their alerts.

While I'm at it,

Vote: Battousai
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Megatron »

Tom wrote:god damn it so many mistakes

EBWOP: not itachi sasuke, he is Itachi Uchiha. stupid names.
Either you read this stuff or you did a lot of wiki studying... I have no idea what you're even talking about :lol:
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Megatron »

Battousai wrote:My kill may not have gotten through, but it PROVES me to be a loyalist. Kisame, Itachi's partner and close ally in the manga was a loyalist. Itachi must be a loyalist, as Itachi wouldn't want to kill Kisame.
Then why did you completely jump the process and try to off me?
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Megatron »

Riiiiight, opportunist much? If I remember correctly, the last person to jump the gun like that had a win condition that had nothing to do with the loyalists...
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Megatron »

Battousai wrote:Because I'm SO sure you're scum, and I felt no one else was going to go after you until it was too late. I was willing to take the risk for the rest of us loyalists.
Also, where the hell is this coming from? I went after some things I saw as either outright lies or slips, and, well, I got proven wrong. Would you rather I chase after something even after it's been thrown back at my face?

I'm doing a whole lot more toward the scumhunting than you are. The only time you've pointed fingers in this whole game was when MoS called you out for endless, redundant setup discussion, and when you put together a couple mistakes I made and try to speed kill me for it.

Both of them involve attacks directly made on you. You've not looked anywhere else.

Basically, all you've done is setup discussion and a huge pile of OMGUS.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Megatron »

Also, I may not know the story, maybe that hinders me... but it could actually help, because either way, I'm not buying how your flavor text automatically excuses you from being scum, despite nothing BUT scummy behaviour.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Megatron »

I'm beginning to think that ABR is using a random number generator for the kill, but picking numbers from 1-30. We all get one number and the rest are Claus... haha

I have to say I'm surprised Bat flipped town. More so than I was with Ash.

Also, anderson, I did take a stance on Claus, it was quite clear. I didn't think he was scum... I guess I was half right... sort of... hell, I don't know. He did get trigger happy, but I still support the system we've got in place for the vig kill over just randomly throwing it around.

I don't know how much longer that's going to work, however... votes have been reset, and Nightfall comes in less than 2 days.

I still haven't even finished my re-read (been kinda dealing with a lot of crap the last couple days) so I'll be doing that and I'll go from there.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Megatron »

Canada Day is July 1, for those who had no idea (I had to wiki it :P )
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Megatron »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Battousai replaces andersonw.
LOL, great, guess I've got more "let's ninja kill megatron with no dicussion" fun coming up.

Anyway, V/LA until monday (not sure if that's even long enough to really count for V/LA, but yeah)
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Megatron »

Not much has changed.

L-
Currently most consistent player in game. I hope you're not scum, if you are we may be screwed.

Batt2-
Replaced andersonw, very inoffensive player who did some odd stuff. A good example is post 311, where he "sort of" attacks me, mentions how he's more confident that Claus is not a rebel... then votes for Claus. Eh?

Then soon after replacing comes in and votes No Lynch, to "narrow down the field". Thing is, let's say there WAS a nightkill (even though we know there's not). and we didn't lynch today - you know what that leaves? LYLO. So even though your conjecture is mistaken, it's STILL scummy.

Tom-
Still not certain. When he first replaced I thought I had him caught in a really scummy lie. Turned out to be a misread on my part. Otherwise has seemed pro-town. I think I may be looking too hard at him, because that SSK kill just seems too convenient.

MoS-
With how vocal he is, an actual breakdown would take quite a while. Not as high on my scumdar as he was before the re-read.

Claus-
Not sure how much discussion is due here. I still believe his claim.

vote: Batt2
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by Megatron »

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Vote: Batt2
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Megatron »

I believe that's a hammer.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Megatron »

Damn!

Wow... Claus, that neutral claim was bloody genius. Every damn one of us took the bait... especially me, since I was expecting, as many had pointed out, "pairs". I figured if the whole game worked in pairs there would be one other non-aligned neutral (the other being me, of course), so your claim fit perfectly.

I knew I was fighting an uphill battle, though, once Batt2 flipped town. To compound that, Tom speed-voted in LYLO... when someone does this, town usually loses. It's always a bad idea to vote first in LYLO if you're town. Talk, drag out the discussion, make the scum vote, be as sure as you can. All it takes is one town vote that isn't on scum (SK doesn't really count since, as you see, lynching me won the game for the rebels. Could have lynched me later.)

I was going to try to start a MoS wagon, he was the top suspect I had left, but it was obviously too late.

I'd more or less been trying to play as town from the start, even though (as you saw) I probably didn't pull it off as well as I should.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Megatron »

What sucks is, every damn one of my steal attempts missed. I never could get the kill. There were a few players in the game I could take power from if I killed them... would have been pretty cool.

I also had an auto-alert on every player in the game. It would have been really tough for anyone to kill me outside a lynch.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Megatron »

It was definitely that neutral claim that won the game.

SSK was gone, and MoS wasn't far behind... (hell, I had 2 of the 3 scum spotted almost right away, notice waaaaaaay back where my top 2 suspects were those very two)

If it weren't for that incredibly awesome claim, you'd have never gotten away with killing 4 people o.O
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Megatron »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm starting a similar game in the large theme queue as we speak.

The new game will be tweaked for maximum mayhem, be more comprehensive and balanced than this experimental setup. You are all invited to play as IC ninjas <3
/in!!
F*** the autobots

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”