Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Nightson »

Greasy Spot wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Your right. It does sound scummy as Hell.
Why do you think it is scummy ?
I really hate stupid questions. Do you find 3 claims from the same person in 1 day Pro-Town?
Do you find that to be typical scum action?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

Nightson wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Your right. It does sound scummy as Hell.
Why do you think it is scummy ?
I really hate stupid questions. Do you find 3 claims from the same person in 1 day Pro-Town?
Do you find that to be typical scum action?
What I think populartajo is saying is the Mod is PMing him claims and he has to make that claim when he receives it. I don't know if I believe him or not. I don't think it is too far fetched for this game. Not sure whether he is scum or not but he is on the scummy side of the scale.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by populartajo »

Ok I dont know if I can explain. Ill ask BM first.
Mod, can I talk about your confusion?

However I can say that Greasy is wrong. BM didnt specify well what I should have done in my first post (twice!) so I had to correct my first post twice.
The point is that this claims dont make me more or less scum. Now, Im really interested in Greasy's reaction.
Explain why I am not protwon.
BTW, Nightson and lordhur are probably town.
Dasquian also seems to be a little careful about what he says.
Im rereading soon and posting more.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

populartajo wrote:BM didnt specify well what I should have done in my first post (twice!) so I had to correct my first post twice.
How often do you have to claim?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by populartajo »

I had to claim once. But BM wasnt specific enough. I think this will be my final claim, unless he finds another way to critic my claim.
BTW, Im not scum.
Call me Tajo.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by lord_hur »

populartajo wrote:Ok I dont know if I can explain. Ill ask BM first. Mod, can I talk about your confusion?
Well, I'm pretty, from having playing a non-standard role in one of BM's games before, that if he didn't specifically said you can't (it usually says you'll be modkilled if you don't comply) , you can.
populartajo wrote:BTW, Nightson and lordhur are probably town.
Not sure I like this : quite far-fetched if you ask me, from just a single sentence from us... I mean, it is quite obvious to me that a posting restriction can be given to town or scum, and both sides could have easily come up with what Nightson and I said.

Although this is only a possibility, it could be seen as suspected scum trying to get fast on some townies' good side in case they get in lynch range.

Still not enough for a vote, but I'll renew my FoS on him.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Bleh, shouldn't post when I'm half asleep.

EBWOP :
lord_hur wrote:Well, I'm pretty
sure
, from having play
ed
a non-standard role in one of BM's games before, that if he didn't specifically said you can't (it usually says you'll be modkilled if you don't comply), you can.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Patrick »

Greasy Spot wrote:Mnowax shouldn't be confirmed Town just because it would be too gutsy of a move to daykill as Mafia. He could have killed his partner as a plan to look towny. Think about it, 1 towny DK, 1 mafia DK, and 1 towny NK tonight. Looks pretty good for the scum.
I still think it's very unlikely mnowax is mafia. The way Alabaska played round him (initially trying to fish for a policy lynch, then seeming very afraid of him) fits for how I think he'd play if mnowax wasn't on his team. The tone of some of Alabaska's later posts, especially the last one, makes me think they're not aligned.

I'm mostly neutral on populartajo's claiming thing. I doubt he's making it up, because it's guaranteed to draw attention and has no obvious benefit I can see for scum. His restriction I can easily see as scum or town though. I too am interested in Greasy Spot's reaction. First he said it was scummy as hell and implied it was so obvious that it hardly needed explaining. Then he reduced it too this:
Greasy Spot wrote:What I think populartajo is saying is the Mod is PMing him claims and he has to make that claim when he receives it. I don't know if I believe him or not. I don't think it is too far fetched for this game. Not sure whether he is scum or not but he is on the scummy side of the scale.
Which seems to be a more neutral stance on the triple claim. I think it's possible he was trying to jump on an easy opportunity then shifted his stance when it looked like nobody was biting. It's enough to make me
Vote: Greasy Spot
. My suspicions of populartajo haven't entirely evaporated, but I feel some scumhunting vibes from his recent posts.

tajo, why do you feel Nightson is probably town?

I've noticed how little time we seem to have. People who haven't yet given suspicions or weighed in substantially (I'm thinking especially ashmite and VRK from memory) really need to jump to it.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

Patrick wrote:I too am interested in Greasy Spot's reaction. First he said it was scummy as hell and implied it was so obvious that it hardly needed explaining.
I guess you did find 3 claims in one day Pro-town?

Then he reduced it too this:
I didn't reduced anything.

Greasy Spot wrote:What I think populartajo is saying is the Mod is PMing him claims and he has to make that claim when he receives it. I don't know if I believe him or not. I don't think it is too far fetched for this game. Not sure whether he is scum or not but he is on the scummy side of the scale.
Which seems to be a more neutral stance on the triple claim.
How does saying he is on the scummy side of the scale being neutral?

I think it's possible he was trying to jump on an easy opportunity then shifted his stance when it looked like nobody was biting.
You mean like your doing to me right now.
It's enough to make me
. My suspicions of populartajo haven't entirely evaporated, but I feel some scumhunting vibes from his recent posts.

tajo, why do you feel Nightson is probably town?

I've noticed how little time we seem to have. People who haven't yet given suspicions or weighed in substantially (I'm thinking especially ashmite and VRK from memory) really need to jump to it.
How dare you come in here and call out other people for posting when you have only made 4 posts yourself. The audacity of some people.
My comments are in Bold.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Dasquian »

3 claims in one day might not be behaviour which helps the town, but it hardly helps you if you're evil, either. My feeling is that either populartajo has some unfortunate mod-bait role which is either useful, balanced by some awkward post restriction (or is just plain sucky), OR, he's going for some crazy long-con to be unreadable.

Either way I don't think his
claims
are scummy - confusing, yes. Unhelpful, yes. A scum gambit? Probably not. I would, however, like him to provide a bit more explanation as far as he can. The thing I find scummiest about him is that he's being so mysterious about it all.
Greasy Spot wrote:How dare you come in here and call out other people for posting when you have only made 4 posts yourself. The audacity of some people.
Oh, cry me a river. Maybe he's not posted so much, but calling out the people who've posted less is still reasonable and helpful. We do have a fixed deadline (I think?)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Patrick »

Greasy Spot wrote:I guess you did find 3 claims in one day Pro-town?
I don't remember saying that. In my last post I said I was mostly neutral on it, meaning the claims doesn't make me think he's more likely scum or more likely town.
Greasy Spot wrote:How does saying he is on the scummy side of the scale being neutral?
I saw that as your opinion of him on the whole, rather than the 3 claims, where you said you didn't know whether or not to believe them and that it's not too farfetched for this game.
Greasy Spot wrote:You mean like your doing to me right now.
I didn't have much of an opinion of you before your reaction to populartajo's claiming. Basically, I think your response to it takes the easy route rather than really trying to decide whether or not it's scummy (I'm still not that clear on
why
you think what he did is more likely to be done by scum than by town). I do think your stance in Post 126 is different to your previous stance which was basically, "It's scummy as hell, and asking why is stupid".
Greasy Spot wrote:How dare you come in here and call out other people for posting when you have only made 4 posts yourself. The audacity of some people.
I think I've added a decent amount of content to this game, and what is in the posts is more important than how many you make. So yes, I do dare to call out people who aren't really doing anything.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Greasy Spot 2 (Dasquian, Patrick)

Not Voting: Populartajo, DrippingGoofBall, Mnowax, Nightson, Ashmite84, Lord Hur, Greasy Spot, Vel-Rahn Koon

6 votes are currently required to lynch. You have 5 days until deadline.

Prodding Vel-Rahn Koon. If he does not post within 24 hours, he will be replaced.

BM
Last edited by Battle Mage on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:52 am

Post by Dasquian »

Patrick is voting Greasy Spot.

Guys, we need a bandwagon. Greasy Spot is a good one. It doesn't mean we're going to lynch him but if someone wants to suggest a different bandwagon, now's about the last chance to realistically do it.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dasquian wrote:Patrick is voting Greasy Spot.
Fixed. thanks!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys time-limited on the weekends. I'll have something substantial by Monday at noon eastern.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 am

Post by populartajo »

lord_hur wrote:
populartajo wrote:Ok I dont know if I can explain. Ill ask BM first. Mod, can I talk about your confusion?
Well, I'm pretty, from having playing a non-standard role in one of BM's games before, that if he didn't specifically said you can't (it usually says you'll be modkilled if you don't comply) , you can.
populartajo wrote:BTW, Nightson and lordhur are probably town.
Not sure I like this : quite far-fetched if you ask me, from just a single sentence from us... I mean, it is quite obvious to me that a posting restriction can be given to town or scum, and both sides could have easily come up with what Nightson and I said.

Although this is only a possibility, it could be seen as suspected scum trying to get fast on some townies' good side in case they get in lynch range.

Still not enough for a vote, but I'll renew my FoS on him.
I PMed BM and he just told me that I cant say more about my role. Luckily we have decent players here and they can see that my claims mean nothing and that I can still scumhunt.
Oh and Nightson is prob town for post 125 unless Im reading it wrong. Thats a question scum wouldnt ask. Ok he could but as I like to say I like to reduce the possibilities of finding scum.
And about you, just look at your posts. All townies.
Vote : Greasy Spot.

Other scum is prob lurking.
Call me Tajo.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by mnowax »

vote : Greasy spot

we jsut need to get this day over with honestly.
Sure one more time for fun.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Nothing to add that hasn't been said by someone else
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Careful now. We still have a few days and a looming deadline and sudden bandwagon aren't excuses to get silly and drop the hammer without any discussion.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Dasquian wrote:Guys, we need a bandwagon. Greasy Spot is a good one. It doesn't mean we're going to lynch him but if someone wants to suggest a different bandwagon, now's about the last chance to realistically do it.
Why would town call for a bandwagon on someone who is actively trying to scumhunt? I might not be right in my determinations but I don't go around and blindly vote people because nothing else is better as you said earlier.

vote: Dasquain
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

populartajo wrote:
Vote : Greasy Spot.
No reasons in your vote?
mnowax wrote:
vote : Greasy spot

we jsut need to get this day over with honestly.
Townies wouldn't want the day to be over with without more discussion, which you haven't participated in.
ashmite84 wrote:

Nothing to add that hasn't been said by someone else
Don't you mean "I haven't read anything so I gonna jump on the fastest bandwagon cause you don't care which of the townies goes first.".
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 am

Post by Dasquian »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Dasquian wrote:Guys, we need a bandwagon. Greasy Spot is a good one. It doesn't mean we're going to lynch him but if someone wants to suggest a different bandwagon, now's about the last chance to realistically do it.
Why would town call for a bandwagon on someone who is actively trying to scumhunt? I might not be right in my determinations but I don't go around and blindly vote people because nothing else is better as you said earlier.
I'm not blindly voting. I think mnowax is likely town and you are trying to get your D1 lynch from him.

You're on L-1, how do you propose getting to the end of the day alive?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ok, did a read-through (albeit a fast one), and my biggest suspicions as of now are greasy and goofball.

for goofball examined by individual post, his post 1 and 3 look like he's fishing for support for a tajo lynch - expressing suspicions about him but trying to gauge how the rest of the players feel about lynching him.

greasy's post 5 has him agreeing with mnowax's assessment of das and goofball, with nothing new. Just "coattailing" (nice term, although I'm not using it in the same way das was)

Offsetting this with trying to say you're scumhunting in post 14 when all you've done is follow other points of view and clarify what others have said is a bit hypocritical. It looks like scumhunting until you focus on your arguments in more detail.

I would be ok with a greasy lynch today, and will be willing to hammer if we so choose to go through with the lynch. I am NOT happy about the people that have, as of late, simply jumped on a bandwagon for the sake of ending the day. Since when did short day = good for town?

Hope to have more detail later - have to get some work done now.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:23 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

@ Greasy Spot - my gut tells me Dasquian is town. Your vote for him seems rather OMGUS'y. Also, you criticize the players that have jumped, no reason given, on your wagon. This is fair criticism.

However, Patrick, on this very page, has made a good case on you which you have failed to address.

Why didn't you?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

DrippingGoofball wrote:@ Greasy Spot - my gut tells me Dasquian is town. Your vote for him seems rather OMGUS'y. Also, you criticize the players that have jumped, no reason given, on your wagon. This is fair criticism.

However, Patrick, on this very page, has made a good case on you which you have failed to address.

Why didn't you?
My vote would only be OMGUS if I didn't include any kind of reasoning with it, which I did include.

Patrick does not make a case against me on this page. He says I'm trying to jump on an easy opportunity of populartajo while I am actually just putting my thoughts about his claims in the thread. If I haven't voted someone then I can't possibly be jumping on them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”