Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote:
matin wrote: cause he voted for the guy I wanted to vote for
I know it is almost a joke, but why didnt you yet vote for the guy you wanted to vote for ? two votes are far from being relevant...
Cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do, beating me to the punch and all..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Matin »

The Pope's Tiara wrote: Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
I'm not worried..

joke vote. joke reason. nothing more to say really..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Matin »

Goatrevolt wrote:Cass, I just realized you've been in every single game I've finished on this site. That's madness.

I think there's some confusion regarding Matin.
I don't think he's saying that it would be scummy of him to put the 2nd vote on someone. I think he's joking around saying it was scummy for someone else to vote for his choice.
oh, lol, It never occurred to me that people read it that way. Yes, I was merely expressing my frustration that somebody picked up the inherent scumminess of Ectomancer's name before I did..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Matin »

The Pope's Tiara wrote: Are you only saying you're not worried to quell our suspicion because you are scum?

You know who else liked to joke, The Joker. And look where the actor who played him is now: Jack Nicholson. Do you really want to become Jack Nicholson?
Lol.

I'd be okay with being Jack for awhile..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote: I saw it that way before TPT, I also want a bandwagon !! :P
Now seriously, after all the posts about the topic, I see two things in Matin's words:

1) that he felt Jahudo stole his vote for ectomancer. This part is what Matin used as any other reason he could use to make a "joke" vote on jahudo. And this is the part that Goatrevolt and Jahudo pointed out. I do not find this part very relevant, as I take Matin's way of voting as any joking way.

2) that he "changed" his mind from voting when jahudo stole the vote. I pointed out this question and later TPT insisted. In my view, not a very serious issue, so I just raised a question delicately to Matin in order to see his answer. I agree that he shouldnt be worried about putting a second vote on someone, and that hidding in the forest is not a good help for us...we do not need townies hidding if they are townies...now I want more words from Matin-jahudo-TPT-Goatrevolt-nhat to clarify my mind...
Is this serious? The vote was entirely random as was the reason.

Let me get this straight, your theory is that I am scum who was afraid to draw the spotlight on myself by placing a second joke vote on someone, so instead, I drew the spotlight by announcing my fear to do so?
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote: My theory is that you made a joke vote, that I took the relaxed chance to ask you about "not putting a second vote on someone"...that you answered you didnt want to be "suspicious", and that I agree with ectomance that this is NOTHING and that we are far away from somebody being too suspicious...Just I take notes about all the reactions on this game...as this could be useful later...

precisely, u announced such a fear, and then i stopped thinking too much, as i took it as a townie reaction...
my answer to you was precisely that id like you (and others, all townies) to be so townie and not hidding things all the time...just dont be afraid to expose your thoughts and votes...this can only help scum by putting a nebulose on you...

clearly i dont think u are scum and i dont think ectomancer is scum as he clearly gave no importance to all this stupid issue... (of course, these are pretty vague impressions, but im happy to have a couple of town-soft-impressions to start with...)

is it more clear now ?? ASK if you have any doubt
That was me asking... :)

Thank you for your response, I just had never seen so much thought put into a joke vote before..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Matin »

nhat wrote: This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
It's a head scratcher. I'm assuming it's a joke post and she's merely trying to upstage me on the whole suspicious joke post thing..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote: Hey Matin, which part is a joke ? (ectomancer, you are welcome to give your opinion on that too...) and of course Ythill and pope are welcome too :)

1. Ythill QUICK vote after saying he doesnt like random-joke votes...
2. pope INSISTING on you so much
3. tpt voting back to Ythill in an OMGUS way
4. They playing to vote each other to DISTANCE in a semi-random phase...

which of them is a joke and which of them is more probable to be true ?

I do not claim none of them is, just asking you which one is more probable...we have to enjoy some adventures in the beginning of the game...if you want my opinion, i especially didnt like 1 and 3. (2 is clearly due to a misunderstanding on Matin's answer and the head scratcher thing...and 4 is ridiculous for what they are playing, haha, i could not believe such stupid play can be preplanned...so 1 and 3...but i have my doubts if one of them is relevant...
I can't speak for Pope other then to say the whole post was bizzare and now we have a self vote I see, so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Matin »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:
I'll help you out a bit.

Yes, I've played this quite a bit before in real life and in a few small corners of the web.

No, you won't find anything about me as this is a new user name I picked up when joining here so that people couldn't try and meta game me, for a bit at least.
To clarify, you are saying your experienced in the game but you didn't know if you could self vote?
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Matin »

habitang wrote:Just a pointless side comment. All this sarcasm makes things a bit harder to understand. TPT justified his use of sarcasm with good reason, much better than saying 'I'm kidding'.

My focus is on Jahudo again. I accepted his first defence of my initial suspicions, which wasn't a significant suspicion.
But his latest post
Jahudo wrote:I just want a clarification, but your defense against the Pope is that he is your partner?

Seems to be probing a bit too much in a way that benefits scum there.
Jahudo wrote:The self-vote is poor play as both town and scum, but it seems like something that townies do more often than scum, regardless.
He finds the action significant to comment on but then he does not give his opinion but rather a broad sweepign statement. To me, that is withholding information.

@ Jahudo: What does you took this line with a grain of salt mean? Just a clarification question.

Nureins is also goign under the microscope, asking groups of people seems like a way for confusion, it prompts those people asked to answer, as compared to askign eveyrone, where those who find relevance wil answer. Also it seems liek a distancing technique, to include your partner's name in the list amongst other names. To protect your partner's identity if he gets lynched. If you are going to ask a group of people, why not just ask eveyrone?
Also a result of it is not very pro-town when thsoe who aren't asked have teh license to not give their opinion.
I don't have specifics to reference, but this posts struck me as overtly leading. As if you are trying to bait the hook with theories against a couple of players to see if other innocent players pick up on them and run with it..

Seen scum do this a lot in the past..

FOS: habitang
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Matin »

Cass wrote:Allright. That sounds reasonable. And I have to be careful not to tunnelvision, especially this early in the game.
Unvote: Simenon
That was a quick reversal of course..

@nureins - yes I still find habitang suspicious. Many of his posts remind me of the way I've seen people play as scum. Throw stuff out there, see if another townie bits and runs with it, and the when the accused flips scum, someone else lead the charge. Also didn't like his statement about the self vote quoted below, where he inferred he didn't know who had done it or the modest reinforcement that it's a scum tell, that another unknown poster suggested. Just something very non commital about all of it..
habitang wrote:Oh wow! This is like a SUPER game! So much posting, it is awesome compared to all the other games I've played!
LOL at whoever voted themself!
I did that last time and I was Townie so I can sympathyise a little, but at the same time, I don't really think you were pushed to the edge like me to pull out a self-vote. It is either really childish or
actually scummy as someone mentioned above, I think.

<snip>

That being said, I have to admit that this is mainly a visceral reaction and he could easily be looking for consensus/support before pressuring...
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Matin »

Ectomancer wrote:
I looked up the game and he did self-vote, and he did turn up town. Clearly he was skimming the game, saw a self-vote, felt compelled to post because he had just done something similiar, but didnt really read much else. I dont see anything sinister in this post.
Sinister might be too strong word, I was thinking day 1 suspicious.

@Cass - agreed about tunnel vision, just seemed quick when I read it cause you seemed fairly stuck on your vote up till that point and I didn't see anything different in Sim's defense then he had done previously.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Matin »

Didn't realize I was still voting so
unvote

A lot of dead end points being discussed here, it's pretty taxing to follow some of it..

I also need to do a reread, but the ones that stick out the most to me on first read are

TPT .. Plays the frustrated townie self vote to kill the intial wagon, follows up with more taunting posts including the instance that he isn't a newbie (even though in his self vote, he claimed he wasn't sure if you could do that)

Nurein .. Tries to take early leadership position in town by directing conversation, buddies up to players, seems interested in debating minutia that as others have said makes scum hunting harder

Habitang .. As noted earlier, seems to throw a lot of leads out there at times, lol's about self vote but doesn't know who voted, buddies also subtly tried to restrict day 1 scum hunting:
habitang wrote:Still no proper post. This is getting really hard to follow, there are like so many conversations going on. But it seems that suspects so far are TPT, Simenon, Nureins?
Votes Andycyca kind of out of nowhere after Cass and nuriens begin to rattle his cage, because:

habitang wrote:Andycyca, I'm glad you responded, but your response didn't implicate anyone. And if this is how you are going to be posting, only when asked and even then only at a very surface level then I would find you less helpful than TPT.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”