nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by nhat »

vote - habitang

What is that, like Pootie Tang? That movie blew.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote: Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
I dunno how you saw it this way, but will I use it as an excuse to start a bandwagon? You bet!

Unvote

Vote - TPT

Fixed tags -Mod
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by nhat »

EBWOP....dunno why the tags were broken on that one...
The Pope's Tiara wrote:Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
I dunno how you saw it this way, but will I use it as an excuse to start a bandwagon? You bet!

Unvote

Vote - TPT
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 am

Post by nhat »

Matin wrote:
nureins wrote:
matin wrote: cause he voted for the guy I wanted to vote for
I know it is almost a joke, but why didnt you yet vote for the guy you wanted to vote for ? two votes are far from being relevant...
Cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do, beating me to the punch and all..
Duh, I get it now. It looks like some of you read the bold as "cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do by putting a second vote on him," whereas I read it as "cause I figured that him voting for who I wanted first was a scummy thing to do", on some joke shit. No wonder some of you jumpy cats were all over it like R Kelly's bodily fluids on youngsters. [/b]
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:59 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

Unvote, Vote: Ythill

Okay, so it isn't that safe.
This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:
nhat wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

Unvote, Vote: Ythill

Okay, so it isn't that safe.
This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
Backtracking: You know, before you try and troll someone's post it helps if you read the whole thing. Like how the question asked involved a post a page back. Sorry for answering the question

Critiquing: Did you bother to read any of the series replies to the joke votes? That's like if I said, "Hey guys, a man walks into a bar...and says 'Ouch!' :D " And you reply with, "Bar jokes are so passe. Are you trying to make yourself seem innocent by being a bumbling fool? Why not tell a knock-knock joke; they're much more townie-like. [Et cetera]"

Questions: Mock aforementioned serious questioning of less-than-serious posts.

OMGUS: (What does this mean?)

Lack of wittiness: Sorry, no one's on top of their game 24/7. I will concede that it became somewhat bland and unfunny as it went along. If I had the chance to edit into into something a bit more concise and humorous, I would. But I can't. So deal with it.

To be honest, I think if you even bothered to read what I wrote instead of trying to analyze
everything
posted here you might have picked that stuff up. The "I don't like you" vote was a nice touch in showing that there is no real reason to even consider your prattle when making a decision in this thread.
That's all well and good. So it boils down to your "jokes" flying over our heads at breakneck speeds. Congratulations on you being smarter than me.

Me bandwagoning you at first was to spice things up, but nobody asked you to flake under the heat.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:Oh, P.S.

Unvote, Vote: The Pope's Tiara

I can do this right? Since you all seem to hate me and are obviously so much better at this game then I, you might as well lynch me first.
I didn't even see this. What are you, 12 years old?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by nhat »

Oh Lawd, this game done blew up, gonna have to do a reread. Peoples be making some
long ass
posts.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by nhat »

Okay, I finally had a chance to reread all of this crap. Here's my opinions so far:

-This game is confusing as hell.

-Simenon and Nureins have posts longer than John Holmes. I've read all of them at length and....I think I'll have to glance over them again to digest the info. It's like you two dissect and counterpoint every single post that's thrown at you. Quality versus quantity. More talking doesn't automatically equate to scumhunting. On the whole though, none of it looks too scummy.

-Ectomancer and Goatrevolt have the right idea on how to put a post together. Just have a look.

-TPT is still looking like crap to me. Voting someone because they may not have used a word accurately is insane. Add to that the continued wisecracks, and it shows that you really don't care about helping town at all. You say that you are experienced, yet I couldn't imagine an experienced player playing otherwise (unless, by experience, you mean playing mafia in your middle school social studies class when your teacher didn't feel like teaching knowledge on that particular day). I may as well keep my vote here, since there's nobody else that looks scummier than you at the moment.

I've got other games to attend to, but I'll have another look at all of this when I get the chance.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by nhat »

ythill wrote: And I haven't even shared all of the scumtells I've seen from you.
ythill wrote: I've identified three people likely to be town (one of them is about as solid a read as I could have at this point). Not going to name them.
What's with the secrets? Also, you are going tit-for-tat with a player whose English is far from perfect. Nureins has absolutely no reason to be as verbose as he is, and I think it's flawed that the more you say the better, but it looks like a good opportunity for scum types to snipe at him freely and bandwagon.

FoS - Ythill
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by nhat »

Having not shared scumtells yet is not a secret. Especially since I let it all hang out
before
your accusation.
Check the post times. We had pretty much simultaneously posted.

Also, where did I say being multi-lingual was a town-tell?

To be honest, I'm around non-native english speakers all day and it'd be wicked easy for me to rip into all of them if debates were to be held. But to me, it really does make a difference if the person is using english as their first or second language, and that's something that could be easily exploited.

Then again, if he doesn't want to make things concise, then I welcome him to find his way out of his own predicaments.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by nhat »

Welcome Trich, and way to knock the OMGUS out of the park on your first post. You can see my feelings about TPT, so sorry that he (she?) left a mess for you, but it seems you have to do the clean-up before I take my vote off.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by nhat »

Lost track of time.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for Tritch to come and give his opinions on why he thinks that those voting for him are scummy. For now the vote stays.

As for the other players, I'm finding Habitang to be suspicious as all hell. Aside from Ythill's PBPA, it seems like Habitang is extremely certain about many things about the set-up and even proposed a no-lynch based on it. The storyline says that
perhaps
we have these roles, which is not definite. Also, his excuses for hopping on and off and onto Jahudo are lighter than Zippos. And I know this is a null tell, but please use a spell check or something before I break your fingers mob-style.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by nhat »

Oh yeah...

FoS - Habitang
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:16 am

Post by nhat »

habitang wrote:Argh. I can see scum cheering at my stupidity. Yes I feel the heat of beign suspected by a lot of people. I can only ask that I be given benefit of the doubt, like really really give me benefit of the doubt.

Argh in a game like this, that is not a logical thing to request. But I am sick of being teh stupid player, I do try.

I will be useful to Town for as long as I live. Don't lynch me!

Yes I believe that was anotehr of my suicidal raves. Argh at my impatience. Argh that can't possibly be an excuse for scummy behaviour! Sorry eveyrone for me completely losing it again!

Honestly, can I redo with a clean slate? I wish I never posted anything now.

Not only am I going on a rave, I think that if I just let everything go, then maybe you will see me better.

Present emotion: OMGUS at lots of people! Especially myself. Argh. I want to vote Tritch to save my own ass but I think Tritch just lost it like a normal human being.
Also no1 seems to be suspecting Jahudo except me! Doesn't that say something about scum backing off? Read Jahudo's posts!!

please don't lynch me :(
That's a whole lot of flipping out for someone who has no votes on him. Let's change that!

unvote
vote - Habitang
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by nhat »

Ythill wrote:
Nhat's "case" on habit is pointless. It's clearly possible, even probable, that habit misread the flavor.
You left out the part where he's jumped back on to Jahudo for the flimsiest of reasons.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by nhat »

So...yeah, I guess I'm being labeled as a lurker. To be honest, nothing much has really changed thus far for me. Habitang's flipout is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't see why those who voted for him are catching so much heat. Now we even have Cass coaching him after giving him the FoS, which is a bit strange to me.

I was really hoping Tritch would get back to us, but since he split, we'll just have to wait for his replacement before my suspicions change.

BTW, what's going on with Matin's replacement? If we don't have a replacement for him, then TPT/Tritch replacement will be a long time coming.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by nhat »

I'm just being lazy at this point. Too much reading, too little enjoyment. I've got 4 words for you long-winded MFers - half short, twice strong.

Habitang's glad the heat's off him, that's for sure and making a show of scumhunting, trying to get back into the mix while the suspicions slowly die down.

My other suspect inexplicably abandoned the game. Twice. Nowhere to go besides waiting for the replacement.

The only other thing I see is GoatRevolt's argument against Jahudo, which was quite coherent, and is continuing to punk him at will.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by nhat »

About Jahudo's case against habitang in post 411, I think that is a pretty good sum up. What I'd really like to know is why nureins decided to up and defend habitang out of the blue in post 413. Not just in passing, either, it was a long winded post.

FoS - Nureins
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 am

Post by nhat »

So when you keep repeating that I'm going down on your scum meter... well...
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!! That made my day!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by nhat »

nureins wrote:
Citizen Karne wrote:
I realize there is a language barrier here. I do not fully understand what you want to do. I do speak some spanish, and if it is easier for you to converse with me and get your point across in spanish, I would not object to you posting it in another language.
This is a forum in english, and all players speak english...I do not perceive the barrier anywhere. I simply try to construct elaborated arguments and typically forget that english requires more simplicity than spanish does. If you try to use my poor english with a purpose of deviating the topic you started, Im not interested either.

Here you have an enumeration with simple sentences.

1. Which of the actions by Cass and Me where scummy while debating with simenon ?

2. Why is my/our point about simenon incorrect ?

3. Which of our points were false accusations ?

Given that you do not consider my point on Simenon correct:

4. Are you able to explain reasonably why his "TPT is town" ?

5. Do you consider reasoned his vote on habitang ?

6. Why is he avoiding to answer my point after the "shut up" ?

7. Are you able to specify Simenon suspects and his reasons ?

8. Are you able to specify who are townies for Simenon and which his reasons are ?

If my english is correct enough in this enumerated list, we can go on with our conversation.

@ythill. Thanks for the clarifying post. I really laughed.
I don't get the reasoning why Nureins is grilling him like this. As a matter of fact, I think that he's been making a show of participating and making discussion, and it quite frankly makes it a drag to reread this game.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by nhat »

I just can't take Ythill seriously when he just insists on referring to anyone he attacks as scum and just harps on them about it. If he has such good arguments, then why resort to petty name-calling? And he's been doing it all game. He's pushing way too hard in this case.

Unvote
Vote - Ythill
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by nhat »

nureins wrote:Simenon, Ecto, Citizen and nhat. This makes four which means some are town...

Are ythill and me losing something?

However, Im not gonna be satisfied with unreasoned posts. In my other game Im facing the same situation and almost about to lynch a scum who is playing just posting

- this is town
- this is scum
- tunnelvision
- repeating posts
- i agree

blablabla...

It is very simple to criticize the playstyle, the words and the efforts of players who are writting dozen of posts, just because your style (the one of the four of you, look and read it if you are so obsessed with tunnel vision) is concise and direct...

Now ill read delighted your opinions on sirdan...this will make my decision much more reflected...
There is a difference between well reasoned posts and rambling. I know you think this is unbelievable, but posts CAN be well reasoned without being so long.

Let me point this out to you, because this has been a long time coming. Talking at length doesn't mean you have a good grasp of english. Using big words doesn't mean that you can communicate in english well. I'm an ESL teacher. I know people who think they are the cat's ass because their vocabulary is extensive, but in truth their communication skills are terrible and I want to smack the taste out of their mouths for being so smug.

You think too highly of your language skills. Step back and think about what you write because there are many players who don't understand what the HELL you are talking about 70% of the time.

Furthermore, why are you buddying up with Ythill? I'm sure he'll be thrilled about that :roll:
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:23 am

Post by nhat »

yeah, prodded. I like my vote where it is. Ythill's meta isn't helping me to change my vote anytime soon.

My second choice would be habitang/pacman on the strength of habitang's earlier behavior, which has been pointed out already

I guess my third choice is nureins for being a busybody about anything and everything, like "hey, look at me, I'm not trying to lay low," but this choice is out of frustration, really.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:40 am

Post by nhat »

That's the entirety of your reasons for voting me. Now meta reveals that I have done this recently as a town-friendly role, and that it worked in that game to catch scum (hence me using it again). Even my most adamant attacker said, "Anyway, yes, you did utilize 'LOL whatever scum' here, and you badgered a bit, so yeah you utilized that tactic here," but you say the meta doesn't change your view.

Okay. If you're town, I'd suggest rethinking here because a Ythill card-flip today will put you on the gallows tomorrow. You've got all of sirdan's emptiness without any of his slippery tricks to hide it in.

Your secondary suspicions are no better. An abandonned wagon from midday and an annoyance policy lynch? I wonder why you're coming off this way now, I thought you were pretty solid in the early game.
Personally, I don't give a shit. This game bores me to death. I have other games that keep my attention. I play for fun, not to nit-pick through 27 dry ass pages to appease anyone.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:30 am

Post by nhat »

Ectomancer wrote:
nhat wrote:

That's the entirety of your reasons for voting me. Now meta reveals that I have done this recently as a town-friendly role, and that it worked in that game to catch scum (hence me using it again). Even my most adamant attacker said, "Anyway, yes, you did utilize 'LOL whatever scum' here, and you badgered a bit, so yeah you utilized that tactic here," but you say the meta doesn't change your view.

Okay. If you're town, I'd suggest rethinking here because a Ythill card-flip today will put you on the gallows tomorrow. You've got all of sirdan's emptiness without any of his slippery tricks to hide it in.

Your secondary suspicions are no better. An abandonned wagon from midday and an annoyance policy lynch? I wonder why you're coming off this way now, I thought you were pretty solid in the early game.
Personally, I don't give a shit. This game bores me to death. I have other games that keep my attention. I play for fun, not to nit-pick through 27 dry ass pages to appease anyone.
Do you support my someone needs to die bandwagon?
Yes. Yes I do.

An interesting tidbit, in another game I'm playing, some of the players are trying to say that being replaced in a game without a good reason is a scumtell in itself. I don't totally buy it, but has anyone else seen this argument before?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by nhat »

Both Darox and Kuribo replaced into this game? This has officially become the most hell-esque game of Mafia in the history of ever.

:( :mrgreen:

But honestly, looking forward to your thoughts. Here's to you two not gang-raping me in this game!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by nhat »

V/LA from Sunday until Wednesday.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 am

Post by nhat »

Nhat is back and all's well. Do I even want to reread this late in the evening? I'm thinking....tomorrow.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by nhat »

Simenon wrote:I think both should claim right about now. If you think it would help, certainly I'll switch, but I'm not sure I should right now.
I can't let this blatant role fishing slide. On the off chance that both are pro-town power roles, then that's two-for-one for scum. One would be sufficient, but two is just being greedy.

FoS - Simenon

I know it's been a long time coming, but I have the next two days off and will have a very close look at the two suspects.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by nhat »

Well damn, the Darox bandwagon built up rather quickly. I failed to see any explanation of his vote on pacman, except for that pacman was acting scummy, providing no examples.
Darox wrote:Unloading my suspicions on someone who ranks third on my scumlist is detrimental to the progress of a game which has already been dragged out long enough.

I've never liked this explanation when it comes up in a game. There's more than one scum, especially day one.

As far as Pacman is concerned, he looks like he's making a concerted effort to scumhunt, even though I think that habitang was rather scummy. I'd be content to lynch Darox first, then see what goes down with pacman and Ythill tomorrow.

unvote
vote - Darox
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by nhat »

Darox wrote:Are you suggesting I should be trying to find scum teams day one? Or that we will somehow be able to lynch an entire scum team day one?

What you are saying makes no damn sense. Lets focus on finding one scum first, then maybe once we have solid evidence in the form of Mod reveal rather than whims and hunches, we might look for links between people.
I'm not suggesting scum teams (thanks for twisting my words), but it's entirely possible to express opinions and suspicions about other players.

I didn't see your case against pacman. Where is it?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:36 am

Post by nhat »

Sorry to say guys, I won't be continuing and have asked the mod for replacement.

Best of luck!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”