The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by The Pope's Tiara »

Goatrevolt wrote:I wanted to vote for the pope, but I'll have to settle with this instead.

Vote: The Pope's Tiara
I wanted to vote for the Goat Uprising, but I guess I'll have to settle with this instead.

Vote: Goatrevolt
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am

Matin wrote:
nureins wrote:
matin wrote: cause he voted for the guy I wanted to vote for
I know it is almost a joke, but why didnt you yet vote for the guy you wanted to vote for ? two votes are far from being relevant...
Cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do, beating me to the punch and all..
Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 am

Matin wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote: Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
I'm not worried..

joke vote. joke reason. nothing more to say really..
Are you only saying you're not worried to quell our suspicion because you are scum?

You know who else liked to joke, The Joker. And look where the actor who played him is now: Jack Nicholson. Do you really want to become Jack Nicholson?
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:43 am

I'm glad that at least you can tell when I'm being ironic, Ythill. I was worried some people might not get it, so I put a blatant (if kinda stupid) joke in my post to signify that I wasn't being serious.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 am

Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

Unvote, Vote: Ythill

Okay, so it isn't that safe.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 am

nhat wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
Backtracking: You know, before you try and troll someone's post it helps if you read the whole thing. Like how the question asked involved a post a page back. Sorry for answering the question

Critiquing: Did you bother to read any of the series replies to the joke votes? That's like if I said, "Hey guys, a man walks into a bar...and says 'Ouch!' :D " And you reply with, "Bar jokes are so passe. Are you trying to make yourself seem innocent by being a bumbling fool? Why not tell a knock-knock joke; they're much more townie-like. [Et cetera]"

Questions: Mock aforementioned serious questioning of less-than-serious posts.

OMGUS: (What does this mean?)

Lack of wittiness: Sorry, no one's on top of their game 24/7. I will concede that it became somewhat bland and unfunny as it went along. If I had the chance to edit into into something a bit more concise and humorous, I would. But I can't. So deal with it.

To be honest, I think if you even bothered to read what I wrote instead of trying to analyze
everything
posted here you might have picked that stuff up. The "I don't like you" vote was a nice touch in showing that there is no real reason to even consider your prattle when making a decision in this thread.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 am

Oh, P.S.

Unvote, Vote: The Pope's Tiara

I can do this right? Since you all seem to hate me and are obviously so much better at this game then I, you might as well lynch me first.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 am

Matin wrote: I can't speak for Pope other then to say the whole post was bizzare and now we have a self vote I see, so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
I'll help you out a bit.

Yes, I've played this quite a bit before in real life and in a few small corners of the web.

No, you won't find anything about me as this is a new user name I picked up when joining here so that people couldn't try and meta game me, for a bit at least.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:18 am

nhat wrote:
That's all well and good. So it boils down to your "jokes" flying over our heads at breakneck speeds. Congratulations on you being smarter than me.

Me bandwagoning you at first was to spice things up, but nobody asked you to flake under the heat.
I wasn't trying to say that at all. I know that it's hard to detect sarcasm when typed (sometimes) and that my posts weren't written by an idiot, just by someone who tends to quick scribble stuff down without thinking. Going back, I could definitely make my posts better.

But honestly you don't need to congratulate me on being smarter than you. Or at least not individually, seeing how most people here fit the bill for that award.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Matin wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:
I'll help you out a bit.

Yes, I've played this quite a bit before in real life and in a few small corners of the web.

No, you won't find anything about me as this is a new user name I picked up when joining here so that people couldn't try and meta game me, for a bit at least.
To clarify, you are saying your experienced in the game but you didn't know if you could self vote?
It's almost like I'm intentionally contradicting myself.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Andycyca wrote:
habitang wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:

OMGUS is, simply put, voting for someone just because he voted you (or, more generally, voting moved by someone else's vote on you)

Please explain to me how this is NOT OMGUS
The Pope's Tiara wrote:Oh, P.S.

Unvote, Vote: The Pope's Tiara

I can do this right? Since you all seem to hate me and are obviously so much better at this game then I, you might as well lynch me first.
Wrong. There's no need to selfvote so early in the game for any faction. Why would you do that? (not a sarcastic question). If you're worried that people might mislynch you, stop playing this game. If, OTOH you want to cooperate with the Town, please unvote and continue discussing.
Part 1: How is it OMGUS? Who says that I haven't been psycho-analyzing all of you? Meta-gaming each person in this thread to build a gigantic spreadsheet of knowledge and a complete profile on each person. Collecting every bit of detail with internet dectivetry. Finding out how you work, think, act, and post whilst playing different parts. Who says I haven't figured out that Ythill is scum? And I think we know who the other scum is :wink:

Part 2: If I was worried about mislynching, why would I offer up myself like that. Maybe I was trying a new strategy that failed and brought about a lot of unvoting?

What does OTOH stand for?

And why would I want to cooperate with the town? Oh, right, you're all so sure that I'm a townie now, right? Night hasn't passed. I haven't been investigated, yet. No one really knows for sure. Even then, what if I end up being a Godfather; undetectable to a cop? Or what if I'm a milller, and wrongfully thought of as being scum?

Do you really know even close to enough to back up what you've said? Everything posted has pretty much just been built on speculation. An almost absurd amount of speculatory material is being used to make accusations.

You know how, if you've ever played Clue, and you're so sure of the murder weapon, and the murderer, but it could be one of two rooms? Another player gets that look in their eye like they know what's what and are going to go for the win next turn. You're stuck there in quite a quagmire, make a guess based on speculations or wait it out and hope for the best? That's where you guys are, making that guess as the mafia gets the glint in their eye.

And if you make the wrong guess, I will watch in delight as the house of cards comes tumbling down.

I guess my only question for you is, why so serious?
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 pm

(oh my, that quote should be attributed to Andycyca)
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am

Ectomancer wrote: Nurein has inferred Ectomancer as a voice of authority once too many times for me to trust his motivations.
I think you meant that he
implied
it.

Unvote, Vote: Ectomancer
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:23 am

Jahudo wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: Nurein has inferred Ectomancer as a voice of authority once too many times for me to trust his motivations.
I think you meant that he
implied
it.

Unvote, Vote: Ectomancer
Inferred and implied are synonyms. Is that your attempt at scumhunting? Did I get my hopes up for nothing?

Vote: The Pope's Tiara
So very wrong.

Anna told Bobby that all the non-blue liquids were poisoned and then hands Bobby a glass with an orange liquid.
Bobby would
infer or deduce
that Anna was trying to poison Bobby.
Anna
implied or suggested
that the liquid she was holding was poisonous.

Why do people always mix those up?

Fos: Jahudo
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 am

Infer has an angry sound to it. He in
FERS
. Imply has sort of a nice ending. He implied that I was pretty awesome in that post.

See?

Oh, and doing a bit of meta-gaming. A scum is 59% more likely to use infer and a townie is 63% more likely to use imply. Statistically, you're more likely to be scum.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Jahudo wrote:Who knew one could learn proper English from the Internets? I googled infer vs imply and it looks like I was incorrect in specifically calling them synonyms.

So if someone gets the idea from your behavior that you are scum, then they are inferring you are scum, but if they let you know they think so, then they imply it. And you can infer from their implication that they think you are scum? :?

Or in other words, the sender implies and the receiver infers? And since you say real scum are more likely to infer then they also are taking that suggestion of scummyness out of someone’s behavior, inferring that this must be so; but a town is more likely to imply because they are trying to convince themselves that someone’s scum? Wait, I think I’m lost again.

What does this have to do with Ectomancer? He's calling nurein an inferer for implying that Ecto is town?
Right. He's trying to push that title on someone else. A classic reversal tactic.

Up till now, he hasn't had a
lot
of serious pressure, yet. He's more or less just been a sideliner and commenting occasionally. Is this a coincidence or is he really just scum?
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:21 am

Ectomancer wrote:All I will say about the imply/infer situation is that he has a long row to hoe if he intends that to be a case against someone.
It helps if you imagine James Gandolfini or Marlin Brando saying your posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”