Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #188 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:

Hi everyone. I'll read up sometime tonight. This game seems like it needs some love.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #197 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Klick »

Alright, let's do this.

First of all, I think replacing out post-N0 flip is a huge towntell here. Town are sufficiently less motivated in this situation compared to scum (and probably SK? not sure, gut says no one would want to replace out of an SK slot). This says good things about my slot, alban, and Solon. Unless there's some strong reason to think otherwise, lynching any of them would be silly today, just by the odds.

Elmo's intro reads town to me. There's not sufficient motivation to fake a townslip there, and I also think it'd be done better as a fake. I particularly like that the 'Does scum have daytalk?' bit comes after the PEdit - it indicates that it was just a thought she had before pressing Submit the second time and she didn't think too hard about it.
The immediate questioning of it by Solon/particularly Tanner reads a bit like scum who don't want town getting easy towncred.
In post 37, Raya36 wrote:I'd prefer keeping it to myself for now to see if the reason persists since it's still early rvs. But I will get back to you on that
I rather like this, assuming it has follow-up later on.
In post 56, Emperor flippyNips wrote:this doesn't explain how the cop was worthless to us, i think a cop would of been damn handy. & i don't see how scum & sk would be working together.
i don't think they'd be in a thread together.
likely the SK just killed at random
Really odd to say right after the reaction to Elmo's townslip. I think this is town as well?

MariaR feels off:
In post 97, MariaR wrote:
In post 79, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 61, MariaR wrote:The game is never that black and white. No one here is a rookie I assume. I doubt scum are gonna panic over a RVS act
I mean depends on alignment even then some people freak out above votes. But why no vote ever or even much in content granted we have 70+ posts and you have mostly just filler at this moment.
Aside talking about someone pocketing you. Nothing interesting?
It’s strange I have nothing that makes me want to comment on at the moment. I could ask some random questions but with no real goal behind them that just feels odd to me. I suppose I’m waiting is the best way to put it
This is odd two days into a game that is moving rather slowly. Town kicks it into high gear, or more overtly displays disinterest. This is neither of those things; this feels like how you'd play it if you're afraid of eating a NK in some capacity.
In post 105, Solon wrote:VOTE: Maria

She is approaching the game exactly as I'd expect scum to do early doors; complacently easing herself back into her armchair, slippers on, by the fire with her cup of cocoa. Reclining back with a satisfied air, waiting for the entertainment to begin.

Well, not on my watch!
Good vote, this slot is super town

I think I'm alright with Tanner's reads list in 109? It looks legit enough and similar to my own at this stage. I don't necessarily see the Knightmare townread, I've got him as PoE scum rn by virtue of being there without saying all that much.
@Tanner:
Could you explain your Knightmare townread if you haven't already?

NDMath keeps pushing this idea that Elmo/Solon is TvS. He's hooked on the idea that Solon's push on Elmo doesn't make any sense...
if
Elmo is town. It suddenly makes sense if Elmo is scum. :neutral:
I don't necessarily scumread this, but I don't get it.
In post 120, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 115, NDMath wrote:I'm struggling with how you could misinterpret that interaction as bad as you did if you weren't trying to paint me scum.
VOTE: Knightmare491
Nice deflection.
NDMath wrote:@Tanner "I see" meaning I see you have no plans to be cooperative with me so I should just drop it.
But you choose to answer him.

VOTE: VOTE: ND
This feels really OMGUSy and doesn't seem like he has much conviction in the vote. It feels too easy, like he wants to make sure he's committing to voting somewhere in a gamestate where he doesn't see enough to commit to.

The occasional Dunnstral pop-ins don't excite me too much tbh.

It's worth noting that the one other time I played with Emperor flippyNips, they did a townslip as town. I don't read him as playing dumb here. Frankly it doesn't seem worth it as scum in this scenario.

I actually kinda like Looker's vote for Raya in 156 - Looker wants to do something in this gamestate. It's not the impression I had of him up to this point, it felt like he was just messing around and changing his vote every round while avoiding saying anything alignment-indicative. But 156 is good.
In post 180, NDMath wrote:Where I'm out now is
Emperor Dunnstral
Elmo MariaR
Tanner Raya36
Looker Alban Overki11
Knightmare Solon

Which I realize now is very influenced by people's read on me so I'm gonna have to rethink.
NDMath reads genuine. I don't think this list is amazing, but I could see him typing this out and then deciding he wasn't satisfied with it as town.

And I like the post above this one by Tanner. That's the sort of reasoning I tend to use when town, but not when scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #198 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Klick »

So my reads work out to something like this:

TOWN
Elmo, Emperor, Solon
Raya, NDMath
Black Ranger, Looker, Tanner
---
Dunnstral
MariaR, Knightmare491

VOTE: MariaR
I'd happily have my vote on any of the bottom three, but this feels like the best bet atm.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #200 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 199, Tanner wrote:
In post 197, Klick wrote:The immediate questioning of it by Solon/particularly Tanner reads a bit like scum who don't want town getting easy towncred.
You sure? In my next post I had Elmo as Town.
Hadn't gotten there yet, I was going post-by-post. Looking at it now on my phone I kinda like your progression on Elmo there.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #210 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 207, MariaR wrote:Dunnstral is fine for now, has pretty bad reasoning for a lot of his posting. But it's bold. Curious where the townreads are coming from on him considering the fact he's just coming in and not doing much.
You say he's fine, but the words that come after it don't sound like he's fine.

I'll just say that I disagree about the bit we can't talk about.
It would definitely make sense for town to be demotivated in this setup to start, to the point where a lack of activity is a towntell. Other reasons for a lack of activity may exist, but without knowing, odds favor it being credited to the crippling start. I'd say this demotivation is particularly telling if someone stops caring about winning the game to a certain degree.
Of course, that excuse no longer exists now that it's being talked about.

Sell me on Tanner?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #213 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 211, Looker wrote:@Klick: Do you really feel anything alignment-indicative can be said right off-bat? Don't you need actions to back that type of stuff up...?
I'm not sure what you're referring to here, sorry. Could you rephrase?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #216 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 am

Post by Klick »

The way you went about the first few pages felt... crafted, if that makes sense? Like there's a shield up. It's easy and natural for anyone of any alignment to keep swapping their vote around while waiting for something interesting to happen. In contrast, I feel like several other players told one way or the other earlier on by giving what little thoughts they had on the gamestate in earnest.
It's not really a criticism as much as it is a difference in playstyle. Not having much to read you off of now is fine, as long as you give us more as the game progresses. It's still narratively early.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #267 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:09 am

Post by Klick »

Why replace in if you're not gonna have fun?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #268 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:14 am

Post by Klick »

In post 239, Black Ranger wrote:btw klick have you ever rolled scum :lol:
I rolled scum in Masons and Mafia last month, but other than that it's been years since I've been scum. It used to be my favorite, and I'd like to roll it in a more normal game to see if I still enjoy it as much as I used to.

I'm assuming I've played with you recently. My gut feeling from your opener is that you're like Menalque or something.
In post 249, Black Ranger wrote:Klick you're really tryhard here did you get a red pm?
Nah man. My catchup is probably null for thr most part - I've replaced into a few games recently and I've caught up similarly to this in all of them.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #275 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Klick »

In post 250, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 198, Klick wrote:Dunnstral
MariaR, Knightmare491

VOTE: MariaR
I'd happily have my vote on any of the bottom three, but this feels like the best bet atm.
I feel like Maria and Dunnstral would go for more theatre/have more fun here. Knightmare is the more interesting read here. Why are they scum?
I think I disagree irt Maria/Dunn - could you go more into that?
A lot of Knightmare's content feels empty and like he's looking for stances to take instead of pushing what he believes. His NDMath vote is an example of what I mean there. Things like NDMath answering a question posed to him while saying he wants to drop the conversation just... aren't that scummy? And it doesn't feel like something that he'd believe actually makes NDMath scum.
And I played with Knightmare briefly in a recent Newbie game and didn't notice anything like this.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #276 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 269, chkflip wrote:Don't talk about ongoing games.
I'm not - the games I was talking about have already finished
Who said I'm not having fun?
Your attitude
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #278 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Klick »

Yes. It seems a bit out there to me, enough that I'm not convinced you believe it makes NDMath scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #281 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Knightmare
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #312 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Klick »

In post 208, MariaR wrote:Knight looks good. He's in a tunnel and his tone comes off like he really believes the read.
What do you mean? Maria/Dunn/Black Ranger have all put up resistance to this wagon to different degrees, and there are nine people not voting there. There's currently a wagon at 3 as well.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #315 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Klick »

In post 312, Klick wrote:
In post 208, MariaR wrote:Knight looks good. He's in a tunnel and his tone comes off like he really believes the read.
What do you mean? Maria/Dunn/Black Ranger have all put up resistance to this wagon to different degrees, and there are nine people not voting there. There's currently a wagon at 3 as well.
Oh that quote shouldn't be there lol
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #316 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Klick »

In post 300, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 275, Klick wrote:A lot of Knightmare's content feels empty and like he's looking for stances to take instead of pushing what he believes. His NDMath vote is an example of what I mean there. Things like NDMath answering a question posed to him while saying he wants to drop the conversation just... aren't that scummy? And it doesn't feel like something that he'd believe actually makes NDMath scum.
And I played with Knightmare briefly in a recent Newbie game and didn't notice anything like this.

A quick dive on this game shows me they're really abrasive when they tunnel. How fakeable is his tunnel on NDMath here?
When playing that game it wast his tunneling that I townread, it was more that he seemed to be getting genuinely upset that he was getting scumread in a way that felt like he knew people were wrong about him. Whereas here, posts like 277 don't give me that impression - he seems more annoyed that my logic against him doesn't look sound than he does about me potentially being wrong about him.

I'm flat-out not seeing your point on the ND tunnel thing. Nothing in his push looks hard to fake at all. If you think that, you're gonna have to show me what you see.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #317 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Klick »

I feel rather good about a Knightmare lynch right this second and I'd appreciate if I was followed there today.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #319 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 318, Raya36 wrote:I mean more that it built up really quick without much stopping it. And now there isn't much against it.
Eh, the first three voters all expressed interest right before we voted three in a row.
And like I said, there is resistance. Not much, but it's not super typical for scum to hard-defend their buddies, particularly so early.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #326 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Klick »

In post 320, Looker wrote:
Spoiler: Hopefully irrelevant aside if it helps
My mom just came out of chemo and survived a double mastectomy, and I also just won a base-wide award, so yeah, my confidence is going to be on 10 at this point. Also, I play this game to have fun and relax, so I don't understand why me jaunting about it would be scummy. Obviously take this with a grain of salt, but I wanted to express somewhere why I'm not accepting a penalty for being happy for once.
Hey, that's awesome. :) I've had similar good news in the last few months. Don't worry about it - if you're having fun, that's really all that matters.

I wouldn't support an Emperor lynch. Why don't you join the Knightmare wagon, Looker?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #328 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Klick »

Maria is my backup for when we don't have enough active town players to push this wagon through
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #329 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 327, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 219, Knightmare491 wrote:Maria feels very calm tonally, is that normal for her as any alignment?
@Anyone who's played with her before
I thought this was some good insight
I'm glad you bring this post up though

What is Knightmare's read on Maria? From what I can tell he has totally avoided giving a read on her. She was the top wagon when he made this post. Thinking about it this post feels really removed from the Maria wagon in a way that looks pretty scummy with either Maria-town or Maria-scum (if Maria-town, it reads as trying to justify jumping on later; if Maria-scum, it reads as distancing).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #341 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Klick »

Let's just vote Knightmare.
The things people see as towntells are shaky at best and 'but would he do this?'s that hold little water
Meanwhile, chkflip and I at least both seem rather confident.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #345 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by Klick »

Welp. Hour and a half to get a hammer.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #857 (isolation #23) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:11 am

Post by Klick »

Holy shit my reads were on fire this game.
GG everyone

Return to “Completed Open Games”