Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by lord_hur »

populartajo wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Flick all of ya'll. Go Scum.

vote: Greasy Spot

I was gonna do this earlier this morning but decided to hold off. You spineless people make me sick.
Please. Tell me how this post doesnt make you think this guy is scum.
Mainly because I myself have been tempted once (in another game of course) to self-vote out of sheer frustration, and I was town.

And I can see where he would get his frustration. I know you can't really expect to have very sound reasons day 1, but the reasons used against him are still pretty thin.

So I actually got a town vibe out of his reaction.

That said, switching now looks too late to not risk a no-lynch, so I guess we're stuck with him as a lynch...
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by lord_hur »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Dasquian wrote:What are your thoughts?
We still have three days. I'm in a few games with Greasy Spot and he's not known for the kind of scummy reaction he is displaying here.

I will hammer if need be.
What is this "scummy reaction" you are refering to ?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Patrick »

Unvote
, will say more after work today. (Yes, I'm aware of the deadline situation).
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by Dasquian »

No lynch == lots worse than a mislynch, most of the time.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

lord_hur wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Flick all of ya'll. Go Scum.

vote: Greasy Spot

I was gonna do this earlier this morning but decided to hold off. You spineless people make me sick.
Please. Tell me how this post doesnt make you think this guy is scum.
Mainly because I myself have been tempted once (in another game of course) to self-vote out of sheer frustration, and I was town.

And I can see where he would get his frustration. I know you can't really expect to have very sound reasons day 1, but the reasons used against him are still pretty thin.

So I actually got a town vibe out of his reaction.

That said, switching now looks too late to not risk a no-lynch, so I guess we're stuck with him as a lynch...
Yes, but as town, how many times have you been tempted to self-hammer and say "Go Scum"? If you really are town, and you're cheering for the other team to win, I think you need to take a few months off and come back later on with a fresh perspective.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:07 am

Post by lord_hur »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Yes, but as town, how many times have you been tempted to self-hammer and say "Go Scum"? If you really are town, and you're cheering for the other team to win, I think you need to take a few months off and come back later on with a fresh perspective.

That time, I could very well have said that, had I posted. All it takes is a really bad day at work. Thankfully, I just went to bed.

That said, I'm not saying that I have standard reactions, only that *I* could have done that as town.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Dasquian »

So what does that mean, lord_hur? Do you think he's town now? Do you think we should not lynch him?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:17 am

Post by lord_hur »

Sorry about messing up the quotes on Vel-Rahn-Koon's message.
Dasquian wrote:So what does that mean, lord_hur? Do you think he's town now?

See post 154.
Dasquian wrote:Do you think we should not lynch him?
See end of post 175.

But if enough people settle on someone else and promise to vote before the deadline, I would participate. That could accidentally cause a no-lynch though, so I'm not sure it's a good idea.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Patrick »

Mod
: Can we have an exact indication day and timewise of when the deadline hits? Thanks. On the topic, I'm surprised I forgot (and that nobody else mentioned) PMing the mod and asking for an extension. The rules state that we can get one with good activity, which we seem to have here. Recommend people do this.

I don't know what I think of the self hammer. I think it's likely he believed he was hammering himself and the frustration is genuine, but scum can get angry when being attacked for reasons they don't think are valid. I've decided that the way this wagon skyrocketed makes Greasy Spot look more townish, which is what makes me uncomfortable.

@ashmite, your answer doesn't really do much for me. If you're town, you shouldn't be satisfied with minimal contribution of the kind you've giving us here, you should be taking the initiative and looking for scum. I modded your first game (newbie 592) where you were town, so I know you're capable of it.

I'll hold my vote for now, until we see whether or not an extension is possible, if not, I'll settle for lynching Greasy Spot.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Deadline hits just before 2pm GMT on Friday.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Let me get this straight! We are already down 1 town and 1 scum. Tonight we will most likely be down 1 more townie, maybe more depending on other roles, and your willing to lynch a claimed townie just cause you can. Absolutely ridiculous!

populartajo wrote:I PMed BM and he just told me that I cant say more about my role. Luckily we have decent players here and they can see that my claims mean nothing and that I can still scumhunt.
Oh and Nightson is prob town for post 125 unless Im reading it wrong. Thats a question scum wouldnt ask. Ok he could but as I like to say I like to reduce the possibilities of finding scum.
And about you, just look at your posts. All townies.
Vote : Greasy Spot.

Other scum is prob lurking.
No reasons given for this vote. Jumps on the bandwagon to take heat off his triple claim antics.
mnowax wrote:
vote : Greasy spot

we jsut need to get this day over with honestly.
How in the world does this not make all of you townies stand up and throw your vote on this man. How does getting this day over with fast help the town in any way. It doesn't! This scum has got to go.
ashmite84 wrote:
Vote: Greasy Spot

Nothing to add that hasn't been said by someone else
This by far the worst vote here. He doesn't even have the time to regurgitate an old case he simply votes with nothing to say. Townies don't put someone at L-1 without having a case or something.

unvote:
vote: ashmite84

We still have plenty of time for people to change their votes.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Dasquian »

Greasy Spot wrote:Let me get this straight! We are already down 1 town and 1 scum. Tonight we will most likely be down 1 more townie, maybe more depending on other roles, and your willing to lynch a claimed townie just cause you can. Absolutely ridiculous!
No, that's the game "Mafia". I want to lynch you because the town gets more information,
even if you are telling the truth
, than they do if they chicken out of lynching "because someone good might get hurt".

Pffft. Lynching is what makes the game go round and what wins it for town. A town too afraid to lynch is at the mercy of the scum, who decide who dies and when.

However, I'm not so hot on this bandwagon either anymore. I do think that if no deadline extension is forthcoming, lynching Greasy Spot is our best choice and I stand by that. I think that anyone risking us getting a "no lynch" or trying to spark up another bandwagon at this late hour would be very, very scummy. My play of the last few pages has been solely down to the fact we have a deadline.

If we get a deadline extension I think the vote-jumpers bear looking at. populartajo not so much; he's probably got a mod-bait role.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I agree that we should have an alternate wagon to Greasy Spot's - but I'm not sure ashmite is the one, I don't think his vote was
that
scummy. I'll re-read tomorrow morning and try to find something.

In the meantime, the rest of you are free to take another look at the game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

Dasquian wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Let me get this straight! We are already down 1 town and 1 scum. Tonight we will most likely be down 1 more townie, maybe more depending on other roles, and your willing to lynch a claimed townie just cause you can. Absolutely ridiculous!
No, that's the game "Mafia". I want to lynch you because the town gets more information,
even if you are telling the truth
, than they do if they chicken out of lynching "because someone good might get hurt".
This is totally absurd!!! Town gets NO information from my death so lynching me helps the town in no way other than to point fingers at the leaders of my bandwagon.

Pffft. Lynching is what makes the game go round and what wins it for town. A town too afraid to lynch is at the mercy of the scum, who decide who dies and when.
A town that lynches with no logic is a scum led town and will not lead to a town win.
My comments in bold.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

Can we lynch Greasy and then DGB?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Dasquian »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I agree that we should have an alternate wagon to Greasy Spot's - but I'm not sure ashmite is the one, I don't think his vote was
that
scummy. I'll re-read tomorrow morning and try to find something.
Um... no thanks? Not unless we get a deadline extension anyway.

Context: I was in a game which allowed half-majority lynches at deadline. I went to bed at L-1 with about 12 hours til deadline. When I woke up, four of the players had gone berserk and, over about three posts, dismantled the leading bandwagon and started a new one on someone who wasn't even present - it was almost me! They ended up lynching the tracker.

Punchline: Everyone involved was town, and the entire day had no useable information that reflected on scum at all, since the scum weren't in any way involved in the lynch. The moral is that rush-lynches at deadline are terrible,
terrible
ideas, and "last orders" for a reasonable lynch was when I called it, about three or four days ago.
Greasy Spot wrote:This is totally absurd!!! Town gets NO information from my death so lynching me helps the town in no way other than to point fingers at the leaders of my bandwagon.
Rubbish. If you die and flip scum, we'll be able to look at who was on your bandwagon and decide if any of them were bussing you. If you die and flip town, we'll be able to look at who was on your bandwagon and decide if any of them were scum. For example, your ashmite case may get more attention tomorrow if you flip town, or may not, but if it does it'll be with the knowledge of your alignment.

[quqote="Greasy Spot"]A town that lynches with no logic is a scum led town and will not lead to a town win.[/quote]Believe it or not I have logic behind your bandwagon:

1) Attempting to decry mnowax as "likely town" despite the fact he killed scum.
2) Quickly following mnowax's "Dasquian and DGB" suspicion with no real explanation.
3) Attempting to get populartajo lynched for his three claims. That felt like you weren't scum-hunting so much as easy-lynch-hunting.

You know what? That case isn't brilliant, but I was more than happy with it for a first serious D1 bandwagon. Shame that the deadline means it was also the only one we got, but
that's
why it's you and
that's
why I'm sticking with it.

Also, please don't put your replies inside people's quote blocks, it's horrible to read.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

You have a 24 hour deadline extension. Enjoy! :)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Huh. What a magnaminous gift ;) 24 hours extension is not, in my eyes, enough time to seriously put someone new under pressure and get sufficient feedback to decide to either lynch them or return to Greasy Spot.

Thanks BM, but if we could have something like a week that would be more useful :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

My comments are in Bold.

Dasquian wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:This is totally absurd!!! Town gets NO information from my death so lynching me helps the town in no way other than to point fingers at the leaders of my bandwagon.
Rubbish. If you die and flip scum, we'll be able to look at who was on your bandwagon and decide if any of them were bussing you. If you die and flip town, we'll be able to look at who was on your bandwagon and decide if any of them were scum.
How is this rubbish when you just reworded exactly what I just said?
For example, your ashmite case may get more attention tomorrow if you flip town, or may not, but if it does it'll be with the knowledge of your alignment.
Actually I hope the town looks at you first and then ashmite. Obviously someone this stubborn couldn't possibly be good for the town.

Greasy Spot wrote:A town that lynches with no logic is a scum led town and will not lead to a town win.
Believe it or not I have logic behind your bandwagon:
only in your eyes

1) Attempting to decry mnowax as "likely town" despite the fact he killed scum.
His scum kill was either completely random (ie. lucky) or planned to make himself look more town. All I said was he shouldn't
automatically
be cleared.

2) Quickly following mnowax's "Dasquian and DGB" suspicion with no real explanation.
All I said was I agreed with his assessment. When you asked why I explained myself in 101. I guess it struck a nerve with you, huh?

3) Attempting to get populartajo lynched for his three claims. That felt like you weren't scum-hunting so much as easy-lynch-hunting.
No! I never once tried to get him lynched. I said I didn't like his triple claiming and I gave an analysis on what I thought the Mod was trying to accomplish. populartajo said I was wrong and I dropped it. I never voted for him nor pushed his lynch. Those allegations are completely unfounded. However I still think he is lying. I think it's ironic that you are calling me out for "easy-lynch-hunting".

You know what? That case isn't brilliant
You think?
, but I was more than happy with it for a first serious D1 bandwagon. Shame that the deadline means it was also the only one we got, but
that's
why it's you and
that's
why I'm sticking with it.

Also, please don't put your replies inside people's quote blocks, it's horrible to read.
Happy to oblige.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:01 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Dasquian wrote:Huh. What a magnaminous gift ;) 24 hours extension is not, in my eyes, enough time to seriously put someone new under pressure and get sufficient feedback to decide to either lynch them or return to Greasy Spot.
It may not be enough time for you but not everyone else is as stubborn a player as you are.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Dasquian »

Greasy Spot wrote:My comments are in Bold.

Dasquian wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote: Also, please don't put your replies inside people's quote blocks, it's horrible to read.
Happy to oblige.
Gee, thanks for being a total tool about it.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:44 am

Post by ashmite84 »

I am in two minds about Greasy's attempted self lynch. It could have been town meltdown and he just forgot to unvote. But then again he could have "forgotten" on purpose and tested our reactions, like a last-ditch attempt. I self voted in the game Pat mentioned out of frustration. I have enough doubt that I am happy to go with someone else, but am unsatisfied with the other candidates offered by Greasy so far. (well, maybe tajo)
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Dasquian wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:My comments are in Bold.

Dasquian wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote: Also, please don't put your replies inside people's quote blocks, it's horrible to read.
Happy to oblige.
Gee, thanks for being a total tool about it.
Any time.

ashmite84 wrote:I am in two minds about Greasy's attempted self lynch. It could have been town meltdown and he just forgot to unvote. But then again he could have "forgotten" on purpose and tested our reactions, like a last-ditch attempt. I self voted in the game Pat mentioned out of frustration. I have enough doubt that I am happy to go with someone else, but am unsatisfied with the other candidates offered by Greasy so far. (well, maybe tajo)
You know, you could come up with some candidates of your own. It's called scumhunting.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Greasy Spot wrote:You know, you could come up with some candidates of your own. It's called scumhunting.
Seeing as how I am suspect number 2 or 3 right now, I doubt I hold much sway with this group. I've said I could get onboard with a tajo-wagon.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

ashmite84 wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:You know, you could come up with some candidates of your own. It's called scumhunting.
Seeing as how I am suspect number 2 or 3 right now, I doubt I hold much sway with this group. I've said I could get onboard with a tajo-wagon.
It's never too late to change your appearance. If you did some scum-hunting it might look better for you than just blindly jumping on a wagon with no reasons.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”