Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Verbal »

Musher333 wrote:So hang on, the only thing we can do right now is say if the person we sensed wasn't on our team, if we do this we are still non the wiser as to who is scum and who isn't as not everyone will have found someone on the other team.
However, we can start organising ourselves into teams. We can pm each other at any point during the game, night or day. The idea is (i assume) that if your sense target is on the same team as you, you can pm to tell them this, and so start a network of players within your team.

But no, at this stage we can't tell if we're scum or not yet - although one player will be one step closer to figuring out he's the godfather, following Voodo's death.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Verbal »

I'm tending to agree with Jshark here on this one; I don't see anything scummy in Crazy's play, and I think you're all reading too much into his initial post.
Jshark wrote:I have reason to believe that Skitzer is against the town and I feel that if we lynch him we will better know where we stand.
This is an interesting stance to take. I'm going to roll with this for a moment; assume we do lynch Skitzer, and he flips scum, then we have one scum down, and it's a start for town. Assuming he flips town, we can then lynch Jshark and then we're also down one scum.
Jshark wrote:I'm taking a chance by siding with Crazy this early, but I really feel that from I've read that we are town.
To be honest, the only player who could be acting genuinely scummy at this point is the Godfather - everybody else might be town, and should be acting in the interests of the town. And the Godfather would not suggest something like this, as it's too risky; if Skitzer is lynched and proves town, he then dies on day 2, bringing town that much closer to a win.

However Skitzer does not have to be the lynch target; does anybody else have any suggestions?
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Verbal »

EBWOP: I'm also not suggesting that Skitzer be lynched today. I was just using Jshark's example.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Verbal »

hitogoroshi wrote:Hai. We is playin Sense Motive. No one "flips" anything.
Forgot about that, bah.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Verbal »

hitogoroshi wrote:I'm pretty sure that a random lynch is better than a no-lynch.
Having re-read the rules (:oops:), this looks more or less correct to me. The Godfather won't be acting deliberately scummy, which makes picking him out difficult on the first day. Random lynch is possibly the only way to go.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Verbal »

I might as well come out with mine now; I also sensed skitzer on the first night, and got the same result you guys did. That's what, 4 instances of skitzer being on the opposing team now? That confirms him as scum, as far as I'm aware. (For posterity, my kill target was Bogre)

I count 6 votes on Skitzer at the moment. That means he's been lynched anyway.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Verbal »

Porkens wrote:with 12 alive, don't we need 7 to lynch?
11 are alive, 6 to lynch.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Verbal »

iLord wrote:Why didn't you claim earlier?
Because which team is which isn't specified - i only knew Skitzer wasn't on my side. So if somebody else had sensed skitzer and found him to be town, i'd have just unwittingly outed myself as a mafia player.
Now that we've had so many different players all claiming Skitzer is not on their team, it's safer for me to claim now; more players are confirming Skitzer is their enemy than there are mafia players in this game.

Also, Jshark's plan looked promising, in that his proposed target was Skitzer - someone I know that, whichever side I'm on, I want killed one way or another. I didn't need to claim at that point, and I could've bided my time until the next day.

What's more interesting here are that some players haven't claimed their sense targets yet - like you, iLord.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Verbal »

Just a note here while we're waiting for night 1, I will be away from Thursday 21st - Tuesday 26th, with no internet access. Luckily, we probably won't be in day during that time so it shouldn't impact play.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”