xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

BROKEN SETUP! GAME OVER! 651

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Hi, welcome to Sense Motive! It's gonna be a fun game!

The following is the player list:

playerlist
  1. Crazy
  2. skitzer - died day one
  3. Shepherd_of_Wolves
  4. iLord - died day two
  5. Jshark
  6. Voodo - died night zero
  7. hitogoroshi
  8. kabenon007
  9. Verbal - died night one
  10. Porkens - died night two
  11. Bogre
  12. Musher333

The following is the role everyone will receive. It includes a copy of the rules, which (hopefully) clarify everything.

Role!Hi! You just woke up to find out that Xyzzy put you in this chamber because he's a jerk. You see, it turns out he was using dangerous technology in his last game, capable of killing people using only his thoughts. He was basically a mental Death Note. And he gave one of you that technology, and when the government found out he had 3 of you, who are his lackeys. The thing is, though, the government has a lot more people... including Ether, who they brought back to life to lead the hunt. So Xyzzy attracted everyone to this chamber, because he knew it was really secure and impossible to get into once it was locked. What he didn't know, though, was that for some reason it erases all of a person's memories once they're inside (hey, don't look at me, I have no idea how he missed it). So none of you remember whether you're working for the Ether or for Xyzzy. But, because of the video he transmitted to you, you
do
know that three of you are working for him, and the rest of you are working for Ether. Also, one of you is in possession of the mind-killing disease, which you can use once every 24 hours (at night). Not only that, but you will slowly recover your memory, relative to other people... and somehow you can privately communicate! Go technology! By the way, you win when your alignment is the only one that remains. Go /confirm!

Rule One:
Lynching.
All voting and unvoting must be in bold type, in the format “vote: Ether” or “unvote”. Once a player has a majority of the votes on them, they will die. I may impose a deadline as necessary. You may not no-lynch.
Rule Two:
Player Privileges.
All players in this game may talk to each other privately at any time by any method they wish. You may quote things sent to you by others (or even quote things they didn't say...), but of course you may quote nothing I send you. You are allowed to reveal any info I send you, or anything you send me, but it can't be a quote. Lying about things people send you, is, of course, totally acceptable.
Rule Three:
Special Game Rules.
Each night, every player must send me 1)Someone they wish to kill if they are the Godfather and 2)Someone they'd like to Sense. You will find out if the person you Sense is on your team, but you will not be informed of your own role (or anyone else's) at any time --- even when you die, your role will remain a mystery. If the Godfather dies, a pre-selected Mafia Goon will receive killing powers, so continue to send kills even if you know you aren't the Godfather.
Rule Four:
Don't Be a Dick.
Play to the spirit of the game: don't quote your role PM, don't try to use role PM wording to determine alignment, and don't use cryptography or other such things to keep statements hidden. Have fun, don't be mean, leave personal baggage out of the game, don't be disparaging, and don't flame others. If for some reason you can edit posts, don't. Don't post invisible text in any form, or try to conceal anything you write. Don't post when dead; don't try to pick fights with the moderator; don't hold grudges after the game. Have fun, and good luck.

Sending roles in a moment. Feel free to ask questions now.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:36 am, edited 12 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Crazy wrote:ZZ... are there 3 goons + a godfather or 2 goons + a godfather?
2 goons plus a godfather.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

Verbal wrote:Xyzzy, do we start with night, or day?
Night.

While we still have one who hasn't confirmed, everyone has picked up their PM, so, without further ado, 'tis night 0! Please send choices!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

You wake up from a nightmarish sleep to discover the dead body of Voodo.

That is all. Day one. 6 to lynch.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

Just wanted to make this clear, since it's not explicitly stated in the rules (sorry! will fix):
you must lynch every day.
Sorry for not making that clear in the ruleset from the beginning >.<

votecount 1-1skitzer: Jshark
Crazy: Porkens, iLord, hitogoroshi

Note voting:Crazy, skitzer, Shepherd_of_Wolves, kabenon007, Verbal, Bogre, Musher333

Tags fixed, as per request.
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

fixed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1-2skitzer: Jshark, Crazy, Porkens, iLord, kabenon007, hitogoroshi

Note voting:skitzer, Shepherd_of_Wolves, Verbal, Bogre, Musher333

Sorry for the long absence. I've been in the middle of moving, and my internet access hasn't been good because of it.

Aaaaanyway, skitzer has 6 votes on him. He be dead.

Night one is now.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

It's day two now.

Verbal is dead.

Also, a Bogre replacement is needed; will begin searching out.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 2-1iLord: Porkens, iLord, Musher333, Crazy, Jshark

Not voting: everyone else. (yes, I felt lazy typing this votecount, so what are you gonna do about it?)

iLord is dead. It's night three.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:52 am

Post by xyzzy »

those who didn't get their choice in, since it's been 10 days, are unfortunately missing out on their opportunity to sense.

Porkens is dead.

Will begin sending out sense results in a moment, then will unlock thread.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Hi, everyone. Sorry for all these delays; on top of having limited access, I now have a dead computer.

Mass prod being sent out, with high likelihood of modkill for non-responders. A week without posts?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

Shepherd of Wolves, musher333, Bogre, and Jshark are modkilled in a fury of explosive madness.

Everyone looks around. "There's three of us, and we're all voting for hitogoroshi. Know what that means, guys?" asks kabenon007.

Ether blows a hole in the wall, walks in, and says, "Hey, everyone, Xyzzy got away, but he doesn't have the Death Technology any more, so you don't have to ki--- damn."

The three of you who are alive all sort of look around at each other. "We were actually planning on killing hitogoroshi," says Crazy. "He's kind of dumb, really. Not anything against you, hito."

"Sure," says hitogoroshi. "Can we please get on with this? I have the noose ready."

"You... uh... you don't actually have to die," replies Ether, confusedly. "You can leave. You were brainwashed by Xyzzy. You can go on with your life. You have --- goddammit, get out of that noose, you have two kids!"

"Kids?" asks hitogoroshi.

"Wait, are we not lynching him?" asked kabenon007. "I kind of wanted to."

"No, you're not, and if you do I'm putting you under arrest for murder!" shouts Xyzzy, running in, as he pulls the small machine out of Ether's hand. A helicopter comes down. "Citizen's arrest! It's the law!" he shouts, running into the elevator.

"So, who won?" asks hitogoroshi. "I'm so confused!"

"Well," says Ether, "it was technically the town, which is everyone who wasn't lynched, or rather everyone who would've been lynched had I not prevented hitogoroshi's death. He was scum."

"Oh. So we won!" shouts Crazy. "That's cool I guess."

"Yeah, but this was really broken in your favor. I won't even mind if you don't bother putting this one in your win/loss record, guys," says Ether.

"It's so cool being able to exist in a world where all this is taking place while we talk about it occuring in a game on a website!" says kabenon007. "Xyzzy was such a genius for coming up with this. Too bad it was horribly broken. Let's discuss what could've made it better in the thread. And by the thread, I mean, right here, in this chamber that Ether just somehow blew a hole in even though it was specifically said in the opening post that such an event was impossible."

And so it occured that the mod allowed the players to mock him and/or tell him why his game sucked and what modifications would've made it not suck so maybe some day in the future he could run a modified form where the brokenness wasn't existent any more. And they all laughed at the thought that some noobs would accidently sign up for that game, since he was a terrible mod. But then they all moved to the past in the world of the Fish Monkey God and when rocks fell on them and they died they got their's. Because retconning them into the past where they died is how real winners play the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 am

Post by xyzzy »

Oh, and before someone says, "you pulled a Xyzzy by ending the game with modkills and not letting us revote for the person we were unanimously in favor of lynching," I've two things to say:

1. I asked several people, such as Yosarian2, whether this plan of action was best. I based my actions on their responses.
2. SUCK ONNE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”