Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

but then why is this the first substantial post since since you threatened the entire game?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:53 am

Post by mnowax »

i figured you guys would figure that fact out.
Sure one more time for fun.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 am

Post by remussaidow »

and so you're saying that having a power role that is no longer useful is an excuse to stop scum hunting?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Dasquian »

We're all stupid, mnowax. Tell us why.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:35 am

Post by mnowax »

god you are so scum das.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Dasquian »

No, you're just a smelly player.

Honestly, put some effort in. You're dragging the game down in about every way you can.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 am

Post by lord_hur »

Dasquian wrote:We're all stupid, mnowax. Tell us why.
I'm pretty sure I know what he means. A pretty convenient claim for scum. Good thing for mnowax that there are solid reasons indicating that he is town.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:12 am

Post by remussaidow »

those reasons are only solid if he doesn't have a kill restriction, though.
vote: mnowax

Seriously, you respond to so little in this game, you're trying to lurk in plain sight.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:28 am

Post by lord_hur »

And how do explain that he caught scum on first day? How often do you see scum bussing this early? ...Although I must admit it would make sense if we assume several anti-town forces and that he is of that second force...
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

Heh, I had my post edited by someone. I don't begrudge it, since I wasn't being particularly pleasant, but for the sake of clarity, I used a somewhat less complimentary term than "lovely".

mnowax: I tend to believe you got a townie role with a curveball power. However, you have a really
lovely
attitude when it comes to cooperating with everyone. You used your role to terrorise the town and now you're wasting time again when we really don't have a lot.

Please, if you're townie, you can still help the town: tell us what you think, why you think it, and after all those "reactions" you gave us, don't just sit there and proclaim your job done. Tell us who the scum are and why. If you think I'm scum, move the game forwards by voting me and explaining your reasoning. If you don't want to do that, pick someone else.

Right now I'm torn between an ashmite vote, mostly because of his bandwagon vote on GS and because Nightson's replacement has been quite useful, and a mnowax vote, because although I tend to edge towards "townie", there's only so far I can overlook the facts of someone following every single one of my votes (yet still calling me out to be scum), not contributing anything, and actively stalling the game when we have limited time.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

hur, you hit the nail on the head.

And as for evidence of two possible scum groups, well-
I've never been in a large game that only had one scumgroup. Bad evidence, I know, but still.

TWO and this one is the kicker for the system- we've had to separate kill types coming back from night scenes... on the same day.

Das- I will have to reread ashmite for a few of those points for my own clarities sake, but wouldn't you agree that more than one person in this game is actively stalling. it seems to be a null tell in this game, at least until someone flips scum who's doing it. Closer to deadline (like when I get out of work on saturday night) I'll switch my vote if it seems that my choice for today's lynch won't be an option. No lynches are bad for town and all that.

MOD
can you please tell us (ok, me) when the exact deadline is? Also, is it possible to be informed of the total number of players who are going to be introduced into this game?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Dasquian »

I don't think ashmite is actively stalling: in fact I unvoted him when, faced with him and your predecessor as two possible lurker-scums, he piped up with some reasonable defence. However, you are much chattier than your predecessor, and ashmite hasn't been, so my vote may return for its original reason - that he jumped the GS bandwagon quietly.

It's
mnowax
I believe is "actively stalling", in that he's getting narky and wasting time with "why don't you figure it out?" responses to questions, when we're under deadline. That's greatly extending the amount of time it takes to talk with him, which is punishing to the deadlined-town and furthermore really,
really
unhelpful considering I'm not hugely keen on lynching him for any other reason than his ongoing hinderance to the scum-hunting effort.

Of the other people: only Vel-Rahn Koon and ashmite84 are lurking, really:
Vel-Rahn Koon, on Tuesday wrote:Sorry noon isn't going to happen, my boss is having a cow about a project we need to get done. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow.
ashmite84's last post was last friday, so I'm going back to voting him:
vote: ashmite84
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:12 am

Post by lord_hur »

Dasquian wrote: However, you are much chattier than your predecessor, and ashmite hasn't been
Do you somehow think that only people that play in same way replace each other?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Dasquian »

No, I mean that Nightson was being pilloried for lurking and when he got replaced it proved that he wasn't lurking: he was actually gone. Thus the "Nightson is avoiding attention!" case evaporated as remussaidow replaced in and proved himself to be rather chatty.

What's your point here?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:35 am

Post by lord_hur »

Dasquian wrote:No, I mean that Nightson was being pilloried for lurking and when he got replaced it proved that he wasn't lurking: he was actually gone. Thus the "Nightson is avoiding attention!" case evaporated as remussaidow replaced in and proved himself to be rather chatty.
Well, on first read (and even after rereading it several times), that's not what I understood from your previous post.

This I do agree on though.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dasquian wrote:Heh, I had my post edited by someone. I don't begrudge it, since I wasn't being particularly pleasant, but for the sake of clarity, I used a somewhat less complimentary term than "lovely".
Happy now? :P rofl

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

remussaidow wrote:
MOD
can you please tell us (ok, me) when the exact deadline is?
Yes, we'll say, 1pm GMT on Sunday.

Remussaidow wrote: Also, is it possible to be informed of the total number of players who are going to be introduced into this game?
No.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Dasquian »

Let me break it down then:

"I don't think ashmite is actively stalling:" - in response to remus' implication that I was saying that he was.

"in fact I unvoted him when, faced with him and your predecessor as two possible lurker-scums, he piped up with some reasonable defence." - hope this bit makes sense. Nightson and ashmite were lumped together, and ashmite took the pressure off of himself by posting what looked to be reasonable. This meant that ashmite stopped being my first-choice and I focussed on Nightson.

"However, you are much chattier than your predecessor," - as written, remus is a better poster than Nightson.

"and ashmite hasn't been," - as written, ashmite has stopped contributing for a week

"so my vote may return for its original reason - that he jumped the GS bandwagon quietly." - the conclusion being that because the relative activity levels of Nightson and ashmite had an effect on where my vote was, this table-turning caused by Nightson being replaced by a much more active player meant that my original first-choice is now my first-choice again.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Dasquian »

Battle Mage wrote:
Dasquian wrote:Heh, I had my post edited by someone. I don't begrudge it, since I wasn't being particularly pleasant, but for the sake of clarity, I used a somewhat less complimentary term than "lovely".
Happy now? :P rofl

BM
You are a lovely mod ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 am

Post by mnowax »

Unvote, Vote: Das

you talk as if you don't know how i play. three people sort of bent to my will when i claimed to wield an unholy power against scum. DGB cozied up to me ( he was scum) Alabaska J ( mafia goon, claimed dayblocker, but before pleaded with me not to kill him ) and you Das who basically gave up. you are so beyond scum t screams it to me. so die.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Afraid not. I do respect you at least taking a real stand, but please answer me this: if you thought I was scum back in day one for "giving up", how come you have been echoing my votes? You followed me in voting Greasy Spot, ashmite and then Nightson. Surely if you really do suspect me so much, you wouldn't have been so keen to follow my lead?
mnowax, post 141, wrote:
vote : Greasy spot

we jsut need to get this day over with honestly.
mnowax, post 253, wrote:i have an idea it is a scumgroup.

vote: ashmite84
i have to agree with you
mnowax, post 284, wrote:ill do a nightson lynch, while once again, we are without any real evidence.

Unvote, Vote Nightson
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:30 am

Post by mnowax »

the first and the third aren't really agreeingwtih you bu rather just trying to get a lynch done. the ashmite thing, while yeah i do agree with the points, doesn't mean anything that you arent scum as well.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Patrick »

Not interested in a mnowax lynch. I still think his interactions with both dead scum don't look like he's allied with either (he could be a different type of scum obviously, but it still reduces the chance he's scum in my eyes). I don't even think he's contributing that badly (ashmite and VRK both seem like lesser contributors to me).

remus, what do you think of VRK?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Dasquian »

So we've got a little under 14 hours til deadline, and a few people at L-2 (or who have been at L-2 recently, I think?). I'm going to leave my vote on ashmite because I think he's the best play today, but will be back tomorrow morning before the deadline to see if I need to do an emergency vote-shift.

A combination of lurkers and harsh deadlines has resulted in a game where I don't feel like I'm doing scum-hunting as much as trying to avoid losing our lynches :(
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by mnowax »

Mod: im lazy can we have a vote count please?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”