Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I think VRK is town. I know he hasn't posted much, due to work (which, btw man. You need to post soon, please.) but he hasn't contributed anything that makes me think he's anything less than town. If he continues his "promise post" and then don't post pattern, then I will really start to begin to consider him as scum, though.

I find myself having to agree with Das about this game being less about scumhunting than about keeping from no lynching, and the distress it causes me. So, while I feel that Mnowax still has acted the least town,
ashmite
for active lurking and being the closest to a reasonable and respectable lynch this close to deadline.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by remussaidow »

ebwodp
vote: ashmite
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by lord_hur »

A couple hours till deadline, and the only possible lynch is ashmite84. My options are pretty limited. Although I think it is not a bad choice. He's not been playing much, and his last post wasn't so convincing in my opinion.

Only this time, my vote will not be enough to secure a lynch. Still, here it is :

vote : ashmite84
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Patrick, myself, remus and you are all voting ashmite. That should be a lynch, I think?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Ashmite 3 (Patrick, Dasquian, Lord Hur)
Dasquian 1 (Mnowax)
Mnowax 1 (Remussaidow)

Not Voting: Ashmite, Vel-Rahn Koon

With 7 of you alive, 4 votes are currently required to lynch. 1 hour and 20 minutes remain until Deadline.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Patrick »

remus, I think your stance on VRK seems pretty lenient given what your case against mnowax is. That aside, our only posible lynch today is ashmite, and I think it's better than no lynching, even though I'm always leery of lynching without a claim. Remus's vote didn't count because he forgot to unvote. Someone needs to vote ashmite in the next half an hour or so.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

unvote, vote ashmite
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

End of Day 2 Vote Count

Ashmite 4 (Patrick, Dasquian, Lord Hur, Remussaidow)
Dasquian 1 (Mnowax)

Not Voting: Ashmite, Vel-Rahn Koon

With 7 of you alive, 4 votes are currently required to lynch.

Just as everybody was getting mighty sleepy, Remussaidow waded in anxiously to ensure that Ashmite did not get away without paying for his sins.

He was unmasked, and strung up, but unfortunately, not in that order.

Ashmite84 - Vengeful Vigilante, Lynched Day 2

Not quite sure what to make of this revelation, the town decided to sleep on it. But before the remaining 6 players could go to bed, they were able to welcome 1 more resident into their midst. And not just any old resident. None other than, the only survivor of the previous episode of murders-
Kison
. With new life in the town, those still breathing slept more easily.

It is now Night 2. You have 72 hours to get any Night choices to me.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

V'LA Thread wrote:I may not have internet access from now until Friday evening. I'll post if and when i can, but consider me on holiday :P

BM
Hopefully i'll be able to open the thread on Wednesday, but if not, i apologise in advance.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

will open this tomorrow.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Despite recent events, the shock of death was still a bitter pill to swallow. Certainly Dasquian was very much aggreived to find himself missing several limbs, and bleeding heavily. He was still writhing in pain when he was finally put out of his misery with a well placed bullet.

Dasquian – Doctor, Dismembered and Shotgunned, Night 2

And so, minus a much-loved medic, the remaining 6 players had the tough decision of how best to tackle this serious problem.

It is now Day 3. With 6 of you remaining, 4 votes are still required to lynch. You have 9 days to decide upon a suitable victim.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 am

Post by remussaidow »

carp, I'm V/LA with a 9 day deadline. I'll try to post at least once every day, and I'll make all of my posts count.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 am

Post by lord_hur »

Holy s..., NINE days? If we don't count the week-end (low activity), that's one week ><

Doc's gone, but at least there was only one kill.

Hmm if a doctor is killed during the night, is his protection still working for that night? I guess yes, and that would explain why there was only 1 kill...

Or maybe this second kill was the work of the "vengeful vigilante", whatever this exactly is? (doesn't work that well flavor-wise though, vigs use guns no?)

But anyway, we still don't have enough info + this setup looks overly complicated, and scumhunting is more important.

As for me, of all my suspects since the beginning of the game, only Nightson (now remussaidow) is left, and lack of activity didn't work as an argument for ashmite84, plus remussaidow has picked up a lot, even if his attack on mnowax is still not convincing me... Not that good of a lynch candidate right now imho...

Patrick is quite townie in my opinion : didn't disagree with any of his posts, his votes' reasons were a bit light, but mine weren't that much better. His activity is a bit on a light side also, but better than some.

mnowax : remussaidow's arguments made me think, but I still consider him very likely town. Granted, I don't have that much imagination, but given what we saw day 1, I can't think of a role restriction that would allow him not to win immediately.

VRK : no activity for ages, didn't commit himself to *any* vote yet. None of his posts appeared as scummy to me yet (except when he said he would hammer Greasy Spot, and didn't show up to do it), but with this little activity, it's hard to form an opinion.

Kison : nothing yet, except mod said he's a survivor of last game, and in that one he was scum... Wifom I know. But why was he introduced alone ?

Right now, I'm suspecting VRK mainly. He could appear a lot less scummy if only he posted more...

** VEL-RAHN KOON, PLEASE PLAY THE GAME (seriously, it is fast paced and easy to read, you got no excuses) **
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 am

Post by lord_hur »

remussaidow wrote:carp, I'm V/LA with a 9 day deadline. I'll try to post at least once every day, and I'll make all of my posts count.
If you post each day, that's better than most, seriously.

Following our day 2 conversation, can you give me an example of role restriction that would make mnowax's role playable as scum?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 am

Post by lord_hur »

Hmm I just noticed that Dasquian's death says "dismembered and shotgunned" and not just "shotgunned", which may mean that he was targetted by both scum and "werewolves" (still for lack of a better term)...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Patrick »

With only 8 days here, it's important that Kison gets up to speed and on record quickly (welcome btw).

The only two players I'm remotely suspicious of are remus and VRK, and the reasons are rather light for a day 3.

On the topic of nightkills, the flavour does suggest a double kill on Dasquian. I'm leaning towards that being from two different scumgroups rather than a vig, just because we have one dead vig type role already, and mnowax is also quite likely to be a vig type role. If that's true, we know we have at least two scum within (mnowax, lord hur, remussaidow, Patrick, VRK). That's not necessarily useful now, but with there being alot of player turnover, it's worth keeping in mind, especially if a number of people in that group die as town.

remus, can you give an example or two of specific scummy actions/posts from mnowax on day 1?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Kison »

Thanks for the welcome! Let us please let that welcome remains long lasting.

I was indeed in the last game, and have kept up with this one. The theme of this game is 'add as much madness to screw with the minds of the players as humanly possible.' And with that, I will throw my bit into the pot.

I have a very annoying uh... feature? I have a set time to live, at which point I explode and shatter my mighty bones of fury all throughout the town. Only way to postpone it is for people to say 'Hiroshima' - only one per person per 48 hours counts as an additional REAL LIFE day of my survival, so I need at least two people per 48 hours to post the word somewhere in their post in order for me to maintain a balance, but three would be best.

My timer began when the day started and clocked at six days. Game opened at 9:50ish AM EST yesterday, so I'm down to about four and a half.

I'll get around to posting thoughts on individual players as soon as I can.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 am

Post by remussaidow »

yeah, patrick. He killed someone on his first post. Umm, just doesn't seem particularly town to me. He then proceeds to terrorize the town into not voting him. WHY, oh why, would a townie care about a handful of votes on him. He then proceeds to reveal to us that his ability is no longer useful, though if we all thought it was still useful (and I know this one is WIFOM) then we'd probably conceive of him as less town. Thus, him revealing that his role is spent may just be a play to make us think that he's pro town.
Turn that statement around now, though. Someone show me one thing that Mnowax has done that IS protown? As killing scum by sheer luck alone, because it wasn't done via discussion, does not count.
I think its altogether possible that he is an SK who's only allowed 2 kills either total, or day one, or some other surprisingly strange combination.

Also, Hiroshima.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:12 am

Post by mnowax »

Hiroshima
Sure one more time for fun.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Prodding Vel-Rahn Koon.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

lord_hur wrote:Hmm I just noticed that Dasquian's death says "dismembered and shotgunned" and not just "shotgunned", which may mean that he was targetted by both scum and "werewolves" (still for lack of a better term)...
I disagree. Considering that Ashmite turned out to be a Vengeful Vig, I'm guessing he's the one who shotgunned Das. Dismembered...no idea. Unless we have a SK, which tends to say we have town, two "mafia" factions, and a self-aligned. Too much? Probably not for BM :)

As for suspicions:

My two biggest suspicions for today are Remuss and Lord_Hur. Based on Remuss' predecessor's actions (Nightson) from the early game concerning mnowax, and other things I've seen, make him almost certainly scum.

Vote: Remusshaidow

Kison wrote:I have a very annoying uh... feature? I have a set time to live, at which point I explode and shatter my mighty bones of fury all throughout the town. Only way to postpone it is for people to say 'Hiroshima' - only one per person per 48 hours counts as an additional REAL LIFE day of my survival, so I need at least two people per 48 hours to post the word somewhere in their post in order for me to maintain a balance, but three would be best.

My timer began when the day started and clocked at six days. Game opened at 9:50ish AM EST yesterday, so I'm down to about four and a half.
I'll say 'Hiroshima' if you say 'Nagasaki' :D
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Kison »

Thanks for the Hiroshimas. I'll still need more over time, though.

1. Lord Hur - Good reaction to Mnowax. Doesn't think he's necessarily scum despite getting pissed about his rampage.
2. Mnowax - Went on a mad day-killing spree. Doubt he is scum, because that was one hell of a blow he delivered. If scum, likely not aligned with the Mafia, if such a second alignment does wind up being the case(likely considering we're seeing people being eaten). I still waver at the idea of a multi day-killing scum role.
3. Remussaidow - Pushing for Mnowax. Seems scummy to me, because I do not see the sense in that line of thinking. Understandable that Mnowax's reign of terror wasn't the best thing, but does that makes him immediately scummy?
4. Patrick - Post coming into the game is spot on. Noticed the same things I did about Nightson and populartajo. Would like to know why he finds VRK to be suspicious.
5. Vel-Rahn Koon -
VRK wrote: would be ok with a greasy lynch today, and will be willing to hammer if we so choose to go through with the lynch.
VRK wrote:If greasy flips scum I think it clears das to an extent, but I'm not sure if the reverse is true.
This looks like a town v. town fight
, but I don't think that tomorrow, if greasy flips town, we should just accept that and move on with our lives.
VRK wrote:I have already stated that I would be willing to hammer greasy.
Please explain this? Also, I do not understand why you think Remus is almost certainly scum, and I do not see any reason in your latest post for why you suspect LH. Please enlighten me?

Vote: Vel-Rahn Koon

Could easily swap this to Remussaidow. Lord_Hur and Patrick are in the tier above. Mnowax up top of the townie pyramid. I'll do a more thorough read through as time allows it.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Not understanding what you wish for me to explain as far as the 3 quotes go above. If you could clarify, that would be fabulous. However, WRT the Remuss confusion, I think there's something that will clear it up. There's this tidbit that seems to have escaped further exploration:
populartajo, Post 127 wrote:Ok I dont know if I can explain. Ill ask BM first.
Mod, can I talk about your confusion?

However I can say that Greasy is wrong. BM didnt specify well what I should have done in my first post (twice!) so I had to correct my first post twice.
The point is that this claims dont make me more or less scum. Now, Im really interested in Greasy's reaction.
Explain why I am not protwon.
BTW, Nightson and lordhur are probably town.

Dasquian also seems to be a little careful about what he says.
Im rereading soon and posting more.
Note the red, bolded text in the tajo quote. Since someone was so thoughtful as to kill tajo we now know that he was a Day Cop, which tells me that he most likely investigated one or both of {Nightson, Lord_Hur}.

Furthermore, and the most damning evidence against Nightson and L_H is the fact that he is an INSANE Day Cop - cops with sanity issues typically aren't told they are insane or naive or whatnot. Therefore tajo would have no reason to disbelieve any innocent/guilty claims he received from the Mod until a person he investigated turned up dead and had the opposite alignment from what the Mod told him.

Therefore, by him saying that they are probably town, it seems like he was breadcrumbing his role and hinting at an investigation or investigations. However, since he's insane, he most likely has their alignment wrong and they are probably NOT town - they are most probably scum.

Combine that with Nightson's behavior towards mnowax, and I am pretty confident in throwing a

Confirm Vote: Remussaidow

L_H commented on tajo's statement about him and Nightson probably being pro-town in post 130, but it never went any further. Expression of suspicion without following up seems like scum saying "ok cool, he thinks I'm town. I'm not going to push this too far because that's exactly where I want to be". Not as bad to me as Nightson's reactions towards mnowax, but bad enough.

FoS: Lord_Hur

P.S. You owe me one 'Nagasaki'.
:wink:
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Note the red, bolded text in the tajo quote. Since someone was so thoughtful as to kill tajo we now know that he was a Day Cop, which tells me that he most likely investigated one or both of {Nightson, Lord_Hur}.

Furthermore, and the most damning evidence against Nightson and L_H is the fact that he is an INSANE Day Cop - cops with sanity issues typically aren't told they are insane or naive or whatnot. Therefore tajo would have no reason to disbelieve any innocent/guilty claims he received from the Mod until a person he investigated turned up dead and had the opposite alignment from what the Mod told him.

Therefore, by him saying that they are probably town, it seems like he was breadcrumbing his role and hinting at an investigation or investigations. However, since he's insane, he most likely has their alignment wrong and they are probably NOT town - they are most probably scum.
There are a couple problems with this theory :

- How often do you see multiple day investigations ? It would be quite overpowering.
- It would be pretty incredible luck for him to nail 2 scum after mnowax already got one...
- If me and remus are scum, this means we have 5 (!) anti-town roles in this game (Alabaska J, DGB, "the werewolf", me and remus) : that's a bit much for 12 players, don't you think ?
- I'm pretty sure populartajo's actual investigation was on DGB :
populartajo wrote:Can we lynch Greasy and then DGB?
populartajo wrote:
populartajo wrote:Can we lynch Greasy and then DGB?
populartajo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
lord_hur wrote:What are you smoking, Vel-Rahn Koon and I posted like 2 hours ago.
Excellent question!

Do me a favor and lynch this player tomorrow. They are going to kill me tonight.
In short, Occham's razor make me say that the most obvious possibility (that it was just a hunch) is the right one.

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:L_H commented on tajo's statement about him and Nightson probably being pro-town in post 130, but it never went any further. Expression of suspicion without following up seems like scum saying "ok cool, he thinks I'm town. I'm not going to push this too far because that's exactly where I want to be". Not as bad to me as Nightson's reactions towards mnowax, but bad enough.
As I said back then, it was not enough for a vote, and I didn't get anything scummy from him after that (only his strange claiming, but that is no indication of scummyness, just a posting restriction from the mod).

Also, he said he believed I was town *before* I expressed suspicion. Were I scum and following your reasoning, I should not have attacked him at all. But I did.

As a side note, I can't help noticing that you made your first vote in this game right after I attacked you for lack of commitment on this point, and your vote on remus while you FoS me looks like a way to attack me without it looking too much like an OMGUS move...

I think this deserves a
FoS : Vel-Rahn Koon
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by lord_hur »

@Kison : I have trouble seeing what BM intended to do with this role... do you have any power except your... ability to explode? Do you know what will happen exactly if/when you explode? Will it kill just you or some of us too? Is the timer suspended during the night or do we have to "load you up" in prevision of it?

In short, any info that you think would not help scum would be welcome...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”