Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Post by remussaidow »

umm...

Right, I've been keeping up with the game but don't have time for a real post, there will be one when I do have the time though, I promise.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 am

Post by remussaidow »

i.e. like 8 o'clock tonightish
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by remussaidow »

thank you dasq, appreciated.

Now then, I've been reading the thread as its been going on (bm having informed me that he'd like me to replace in to this game at some point.) and thus I'd like to point out that no matter what anyone says, GS was the right lynch for day one, because he
claimed scum
. He did this by saying "go scum" when he tried to lynch himself. Anyone who tries to end their own life and say go scum is claiming scum. Thus, I feel that an
FOS: Patrick and lord_hur
is in order, for unvoting him and saying that that was a townie reaction. The self vote I can understand, but I have to agree with VRK that anyone who self hammers and says go other team needs a new perspective on the game. That being said, I don't think any of these are very big faults on my scales, just things that I'm watching for now. And so, moving on now.

The cases on Ashmite and me are because of what now? Seriously, I can't tell what the case against me is about. Ashmite's I think is because he looks mildly scummy and that's better than anything else we have to go on? I wouldn't be thrilled with an Ashmite lynch on a full day time table, but if we're deadlined I can get behind it just for the sake of not having a better target.

UNLESS Mnowax is on the gallows. Seriously, have you done anything to benefit the town since you terrorized everyone? I haven't seen a post with any game related substance from except things like "no information" and following other people's opinions. Unless you think that randomly killing two people and luckily happening to hit one of them as scum is "substance." Just as an FYI, the reason I'm not worried about dying from saying all this is because no one who is town aligned would waste a daykill on these observations. So if you do kill me, the rest of the town knows just who they can go ahead and lynch just as fast as possible. There's also the point of you have to have some sort of restriction on it if you're scum, since otherwise you would have won already. Hell, if I were scum with the ability you seemed to have claimed you had, I'd have ended the game in my first post. Scummy day one actions and nothing particularly townish taking place makes me think that you are the scummiest townie that I have EVER seen. However, this statement is including the rare chance that you just can't have had your power as a scum.

Also, Mnowax, if you (unlikely as I think it is) can still daykill people, I think its best if you tell them that you're going to kill them, they claim, and then you can go ahead and kill them as you see fit. Benefits town and all that.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

he cannot logically be scum without a post /kill restriction. I apologize if I left that part out or made it unclear earlier.

I do believe that he has a kill restriction, if my opinion on it wasn't obvious.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

I'm not sure whether he's town, scum, or third party, because I honestly have as hard of a time believing scum acted that way as I believe that town acted that way.

This is however, my only inhibition on this point.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 am

Post by remussaidow »

I think that he is, but I'm waiting for him to respond before I vote for him. His response could or could not change my opinion on him. After all, all that anyone has done before me is cower in fear of him, no one's forced him to participate in the actual game yet.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 am

Post by remussaidow »

also, since I forgot to put the second part of that post in. I think saying go scum is claiming scum. I would never root against my team. If I think they're doing a pretty crappy job, then I just don't comment on the go one way or the other.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

but then why is this the first substantial post since since you threatened the entire game?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 am

Post by remussaidow »

and so you're saying that having a power role that is no longer useful is an excuse to stop scum hunting?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:12 am

Post by remussaidow »

those reasons are only solid if he doesn't have a kill restriction, though.
vote: mnowax

Seriously, you respond to so little in this game, you're trying to lurk in plain sight.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

hur, you hit the nail on the head.

And as for evidence of two possible scum groups, well-
I've never been in a large game that only had one scumgroup. Bad evidence, I know, but still.

TWO and this one is the kicker for the system- we've had to separate kill types coming back from night scenes... on the same day.

Das- I will have to reread ashmite for a few of those points for my own clarities sake, but wouldn't you agree that more than one person in this game is actively stalling. it seems to be a null tell in this game, at least until someone flips scum who's doing it. Closer to deadline (like when I get out of work on saturday night) I'll switch my vote if it seems that my choice for today's lynch won't be an option. No lynches are bad for town and all that.

MOD
can you please tell us (ok, me) when the exact deadline is? Also, is it possible to be informed of the total number of players who are going to be introduced into this game?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I think VRK is town. I know he hasn't posted much, due to work (which, btw man. You need to post soon, please.) but he hasn't contributed anything that makes me think he's anything less than town. If he continues his "promise post" and then don't post pattern, then I will really start to begin to consider him as scum, though.

I find myself having to agree with Das about this game being less about scumhunting than about keeping from no lynching, and the distress it causes me. So, while I feel that Mnowax still has acted the least town,
ashmite
for active lurking and being the closest to a reasonable and respectable lynch this close to deadline.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by remussaidow »

ebwodp
vote: ashmite
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

unvote, vote ashmite
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 am

Post by remussaidow »

carp, I'm V/LA with a 9 day deadline. I'll try to post at least once every day, and I'll make all of my posts count.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 am

Post by remussaidow »

yeah, patrick. He killed someone on his first post. Umm, just doesn't seem particularly town to me. He then proceeds to terrorize the town into not voting him. WHY, oh why, would a townie care about a handful of votes on him. He then proceeds to reveal to us that his ability is no longer useful, though if we all thought it was still useful (and I know this one is WIFOM) then we'd probably conceive of him as less town. Thus, him revealing that his role is spent may just be a play to make us think that he's pro town.
Turn that statement around now, though. Someone show me one thing that Mnowax has done that IS protown? As killing scum by sheer luck alone, because it wasn't done via discussion, does not count.
I think its altogether possible that he is an SK who's only allowed 2 kills either total, or day one, or some other surprisingly strange combination.

Also, Hiroshima.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 am

Post by remussaidow »

vrk, its interesting that you would think that a daycop would be able to investigate twice in the same day. Couldn't it be possible that Populartajo arrived at the conclusion that he though I and Hur were town purely through playing the game of mafia?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:52 am

Post by remussaidow »

Right, so now you're attacking me because you don't like the way my predecessor was pointed out as probably town by an insane day cop, who more than likely either had enough day investigations to either have figured out that he was insane (which is entirely possible) or probably didn't investigate me. And then you confirm your vote because I haven't been online in the past 24 hours. Seriously dude. Its strange too, because by not being able to say anything and being left open to a vast number of attacks from you, you've managed to not actually attack me and yet build an entire case out of what Tajo may (repeat and bolded
MAY
) have meant. Now this is all well and good, but the other target you have in this is Lord_Hur, who has not only responded to your recent flurry of activity, but responded in such a way so that he's protected if I'm lynched first. That's really not a particularly town thing to do.
But honestly, what have I done to make you think that I am scum. Not what has Tajo done, or nightson done, but what have I done?

Also, Mnowax, still intent on not contributing, eh? Fine

Anyway, based on Hur's reactions to the onslaught of attacks from VRK, I
unvote, vote: Lord_Hur
Because I rather know I'm not scum, and yet cannot deny the points that VRK has made.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:17 am

Post by remussaidow »

I highly doubt I'll get lynched today, VRK, and even if I do, you're ******* nuts. I'd love to OMGUS you just to help you look more like an ***, but I'm too goddamned sure you're town.

Also, I give two flips what you think I've done. You're trying to lynch someone who isn't playing the game anymore. Most of what Nightson did to look scummy he did by lurking, and by being pegged by an insane cop (I think you're idea on him voting J is irrelevant, that could be simply how he queued his investigations. But as I said, its still irrelevant.)

You're in no position in this game to try and call for help from the peanut gallery by the way. what with having dropped off into nothingness and all.
Its not feigning scorn when I'm not feigning. Just like I'm fairly certain you're only feigning idiocy right now.

to L_H, sorry that these aren't in any particularly nice order
Appeal to Emotion Shocked ? Check! Worried about getting killed Shocked ? Check! Both Scummy actions? CHECK(mate)!!!! I guess by your logic we should lynch you first then, just so there's no way for Remuss' death to affect you in a negative light. Why are you worried about dying as a townie anyway...

lord_hur wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
I think you're crazy, TBH. He was an INSANE cop, and INSANE cops are NEVER told that they have sanity issues - otherwise there's no point in changing their sanity. What you're saying is that, for DGB to be the investigation target, tajo had to KNOW that he was insane and got an innocent on DGB, thereby knowing to flip it to guilty so that he could go after him with surety.

Darn, you're right. I didn't think enough about it. Why the hell did he go all out against DGB like that then? It doesn't make sense at all... Well, unless she's a townie appearing as scum when killed. I read about this role somewhere, but have never seen it used. But then we don't know what "Screwball" is either...

This looks a lot like the backpedaling and flailing we saw out of DGB, Alabaska, and Nightson. Hiding something? Can we vote twice today??? Please!?!?

Giant-Left-Elbow of Suspicion: Lord_Hur
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 am

Post by remussaidow »

L_H, you're leaving out one very important fact. So blatantly easy bandwagoning (which you claim I'm doing, though no one else is voting for you, so its not a bandwagon), is also a stupid move, and as you've said i've played intelligently before, why should this be any different?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”