Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Jex wrote:so, this is pretty much a kings game, except we know the one with the bomb is townie, correct?

vote haschel cedricson
because I can never trust him.
Never? Thanks for the love, roomie. :(

Actually, to be fair I was planning on doing this anyway:
Vote: Jex
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:16 pm

So, we sort of touched on this earlier but not really. Are we voting or not? I assume we should be, but not many people are doing it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 am

DoS wrote:I don't get why so many people are trying to bring this game back to how the bomb works/ why the scum would give it to a certain person. It doesn't make any sense to me and I feel like it is hindering the hunting of scum.
DoS speaks the truth.
Max wrote:I'm doing it for serious, because this is such an experimental game I'm trying to get a feeling for the opposition, if we find out how they picked their first player we may be able to form a good idea of the Meta used in this game
The road to Guessingwhythescumpickedaparticularpersonville is paved with dead townies. And a few gloating scum.
Coron wrote:I suspect the scum are made up of people who have been around for around or under 2 years, but with at least one person with a good amount of experience. I could be right or wrong, but this is my general feel so far.
How can you get a feel on something like this so early in the game?

Anyhoo, I am going to be at PAX this weekend, so I probably won't be able to post before Monday.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #449 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 am

I am back from Seattle, so now I can read the TEN OR SO FUCKING PAGES you guys put down in three days. I will post something later today, after I go to the grocery store.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #461 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Right, a few things I've noticed on my first reskim:

I understand that Iron Man made an unhelpful post, but I don't see why Crazy would consider it unhelpful enough to make Iron Man Crazy's number 1 choice. In addition, Max has done the same thing as Iron Man several times over, and yet Crazy's only mention of Max attacked him for something completely different. Forbiddanlight pressed him on attacking some people and ignoring others doing the same thing, and Crazy's response was that Iron Man "was the only person that stuck out in [his] memory." Iron Man has done nothing of note in this game to be memorable; in fact, I almost forgot he was playing until I read Crazy's posts.
Vote: Crazy

JordanA24 has not posted anything useful since the game started.

I also disagree with M4yhem's assessment of Tarhalinder. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the conclusion, Tar's pbp of forbiddanlight was logical and internally consistent. Describing it as a "load of nothing" is inaccurate and I would like to hear M4yhem explain WHY it is a "load of nothing".

That's all for now. I want to let this game float around in my head before I draw any more conclusions.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #489 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 am

M4yhem wrote:
Sure thing. It’s a load of nothing because he doesn’t really advance any arguments or do any in-depth analysis- he just quotes her posts and then adds a little comment, often summarizing what her post contains. He didn’t say anything new or really give her any points to answer. So, load of nothing.
I figured that the last part of Tar's case, the part that reads
Tar wrote:Does anyone else see what's missing from forbiddanlight's posts? Oh right, scumhunting.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm calling IIoA on forbiddanlight.
advances an argument, particularly when Tar is on record as treating IIoA as a major tell.
M4yhem wrote:Even though this is true, and quite frustrating, it makes you look a little hypocritical to say this right after going for Crazy because he voted Iron Man for a similar reason.
I don't see it as hypocritical, because Crazy did NOT vote Iron Man for a similar reason. Crazy voted Iron Man based on a single post where IM asked about lynches.

I'm aware I haven't posted a TON of useful information, which I suppose is a little hypocritical (for a different reason than you mentioned), I was in or en route to Seattle for much of the game so far. I'm back now, and I intend to post more.
BM wrote:Unvote, Vote: Alvinz
Something i just spotted that really stinks.
I don't necessarily see what you do, but I WOULD like to hear Alvinz comment on somebody other than Max.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #642 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 am

CHecking in to promise a reread and post by the end of the day, Pacific time.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #648 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Haschel Cedricson wrote:CHecking in to promise a reread and post by the end of the day, Pacific time.
I lied. Oops.

Afternoon tomorrow,
for real
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #658 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:56 pm

armlx wrote:
Vote Batt

See yesterday.
I just did "see yesterday", and I don't see where the Batt hate is coming from. Since rereading Battousi didn't help, I reread your posts to see where you elaborated your argument for lynching Batt.

I didn't find any.

The strongest case you made on Battousi was he interrogated DGB, who was 100% town. You don't mention anything else he did, so I can draw no conclusion other than you think this is such a grievous offense that it's worth voting somebody for a day later. I disagree, and I think you're trying to draw attention towards Batt for some other reason.
Vote: Armlx

I think Max is more likely to be scum than alvinz, although I concur that he [alvinz] is tunneling.
Twomz wrote:Vote: armlx because 1) I don't want to vote for myself 2) I can't think of anyone else and 3) I haven't decided if he really has just played with me enough to know I'm town or if he is scum trying to buddy up to me.
This isn't the worst reason I've ever seen for a vote, but it's still pretty bad.

I like what Crazy said about K7, but then he goes and votes Iron Man for the "same reasons" as yesterday, which I didn't like. If you look at Crazy's posts, he's tunneling on Iron Man, albeit not as much as alvinz is tunneling Max.

Jex is a horrible, horrible person for not posting.

Right, that's all for now. Sorry about the delay; my house has been commandeered by a visiting rock band.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #686 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:15 am

Crazy wrote:TSS's case on DoS seems really contrived. I don't like it.
What parts of the case do you disagree with?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #761 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 am

First off, I promise a longer post in no more than 36 hours.

Second, while I agree that TDC's method is flawed, keep in mind that DGB also gave the town a short list.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #772 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:46 pm

armlx wrote:Also, Haschael, why the hell does it matter what DGB did in context of this?
Hmm, in context it doesn't. For some reason I thought I could look at people objecting to TDC's plan and then say "Aha! You had no objections to DGB's system, which shared superficial similarities to TDC's! Hypocritical scum!" You're right, though, the systems are too different and aren't really analogous at all.

Anyhoo, I want to
unvote, vote: Crazy
. The recanting of both his vote on M4yh3m and his reaction to TSS's case on DoS seem disingenuous to me, which combined with his withdrawal of his case on forbbidanlight seem scummy to me.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #825 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Battousai wrote:How do you get it is as being aggressive? I only told her once that she hasn't answered my question yet. Does anyone else see those two quotes as being aggressive?
I don't, but I understand how it could be interpreted that way.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #879 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Acknowledging prod. Will post later tonight after girlfriend drags me to some sort of second-hand store.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #883 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Rereading, I actually like K7's play.

I'm starting to sour on Battousi, but not because of 861. I think his question to armlx was an okay question, and armlx gave an acceptable answer. Batt's post right after that, though, implying some sort of elaborate trap seem off; I like laying traps for people as much as the next guy, but I don't see how that was planned. M4yhem described it as backpedalling, and I don't think I could come up with an apter verb.

Crazy looks worse and worse to me, and alvinz makes an excellent point in 882.

Pokerface looks good.

I'm still on Crazy, and after him my list goes Battousi, Max, everybody else.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #910 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Crazy wrote:Yeah, so I'm crap at mafia. I did a page-by-page analysis and I came up with a couple suspicions. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
Not when your page-by-page analysis only covers the first third of the game.
Alvinz wrote:And no Iron Man didn't ask a question about the game, which means YOU are lying.
Actually, Iron Man's second post is asking if there are lynches or not. Crazy is correct here.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #989 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:56 am

icemanE wrote:
arm wrote: Huh? That's it? The suicidal "give me the bomb" thing?
Yeah. Because the bomb clears townies. A statement like spring's might ensure that he never gets the bomb, and he'll easily be able to explain that away with what he said about being a psycho-killer (quest que cest).
I understand your reasoning, but it seems a bit late for you to bring it up now. Coron, forbiddanlight, and killa seven asked for the bomb earlier. Why didn't you comment on this during your reread? M4yhem also asked for the bomb earlier, and he's holding it right now. That kind of knocks the wind out of your theory.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1020 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:03 am

I'm not ignoring this game, but i won't have time to post until Sunday or Tuesday.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”