anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #2563 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by anahit »

nah nah nah we should just quote ydrasse on this one
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2562, Menalque wrote:trying to find love and connection with each other!
this isn't even what joel is doing like the movie leads him to water and he still doesn't drink it

it's only the version of clementine inside of his head that says she wishes for him to stay not clementine herself

anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2566, Menalque wrote:HOW MANY ALTS DO YOU HAVE ANAHIT

I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT YOU’RE ALSO TRQ
you messaged me while i was on a tarkovsky film themed account once, if that helps
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2592 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2578, Hopkirk wrote:what tarkovsky stuff should i watch first? I was thinking of doing the mirror soon. Haven't got around to Stalker/Solaris/Andrei Rublev yet (amazing film to meme about btw) but they're all on the list
are you looking for the post office box answer i've been working on since hectic asked me about films that is far from useful but can be used to build something for one film at a time fairly well or the which order would you watch these four films?

if the latter, my answer would be chronologically, though i'm not sure why you've selected those four specifically, as sacrifice is in a lot of ways the best and is working on a lot of the questions asked by solaris/mirror from another angle
In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:I'm not sure i've we've even played together before, don't know her outside of mafiascum.
there is a non-zero chance that last silent star did not actually occur, this is true
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2593 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:Someone convince Hectic to watch Mullholland DR. while i'm gone
i like when lynch makes direct reference to maya deren (opening scene of mullholland drive, stairs in inland empire) because it reminds everyone to watch maya deren films so i am very thankful for this
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by anahit »

i should post meshes of the afternoon because it is the maya deren film that david lynch is most frequently referencing and it is her most well known but instead i will post very eye of night because it is my favourite even though i have already posted it elsewhere on site on some account in some thread forgotten by time

anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2594, Menalque wrote:Well I’m just generally more careful about spoilers for recent films and I feel like after X amount of time has passed if you’re discussing a film publicly then you don’t need to worry too much about spoilers if it’s, say, over 10 years old
there are so many films throughout time to point people towards though and it becomes very difficult to share if they aren't able to have an uninformed perspective

like sure eternal sunshine is an older film and hasn't been collectively forgotten so it is more likely that one might encounter it in the wild, but i should still be better about this as i have been very not good about spoilers at times and some things that have been forgotten need more of us to remember
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2599 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2597, Ydrasse wrote:stalker unfortunately was a movie that i could not focus on in full and i feel to some degree it was wasted on me, but i'm not inclined to revisit it; the setting/inspirations/etc etc give birth to other things that i enjoy/influence them but like... it was an experience i'm unsure i'll ever replicate to try and glean more from it
stalker is on the weaker side of tarkovsky films to me if not the weakest as it does not stand on its own very well and time has not been particularly kind to it; watching it once is probably the correct number, even if you feel as though you did not get the most out of that viewing, too many other things exist
In post 2597, Ydrasse wrote:also eternal sunshine i think i am also a bit harsher on because i Project or something, oh well! i do think it has a very sweet optimistic ending but eh!!! also sorry if i've spoiled anything. :<
i probably do this as well due to the circumstances of my first encounter with it which is why i rewatched it like i said but i really don't think we are being unfair
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2600 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2599, anahit wrote:stalker is on the weaker side of tarkovsky films to me if not the weakest as it does not stand on its own very well and time has not been particularly kind to it; watching it once is probably the correct number, even if you feel as though you did not get the most out of that viewing, too many other things exist
though maybe that isn't to say i dislike stalker as i do not, hm, the connections are making everything too fuzzy, and much of it has contributed to the language of film, okay back to rewatching riverdale

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”