Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Cream147 »

/confirm
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Cream147 »

Alabaska J wrote:
Surye wrote:/confirm

Vote: Alabaska J
because he talks in maths.
unvote, vote: Surye
I am not taking a math class at school this year (not enoguh people signed up for BC apparently and our school's administration has no idea what they are doing so they cancelled the class).

LAL
Lynch all Liars is false.
Vote: Alabaska
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:
Lynch all Liars is false in this case.
Fixed.
I'm afraid you're wrong. Read the phrase 'Lynch all Liars'. Surely you realise it is either true all the time or never at all? Maybe it should be changed to 'Lynch some Liars'?
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Shanba wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
armlx wrote:
Lynch all Liars is false in this case.
Fixed.
I'm afraid you're wrong. Read the phrase 'Lynch all Liars'. Surely you realise it is either true all the time or never at all? Maybe it should be changed to 'Lynch some Liars'?
Maybe, but LSL just doesn't have the same ring.
How about Sometimes Lynch Liars? Lynch Most Liars. Lynch All Scum Liars (but that sort of takes the point away from the 'Liars' bit and could just be Lynch All Scum). I'm out of ideas.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Cream147 »

Megatheory wrote:In this game, we absolutely have to come down hard on lurkers. With 25 people and two week deadlines, it will be extremely easy for scum to keep their heads down and let the townies lynch each other if we don't.
This is very, very true.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Cream147 »

Shanba wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Megatheory wrote:In this game, we absolutely have to come down hard on lurkers. With 25 people and two week deadlines, it will be extremely easy for scum to keep their heads down and let the townies lynch each other if we don't.
This is very, very true.
I'm not down with lynching lurkers only because they are lurking.
Neither am I. Pressuring lurkers is what I want.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote:
DynamoXI wrote:
Empking wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Shanba wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
This is very, very true.
I'm not down with lynching lurkers only because they are lurking.
Neither am I. Pressuring lurkers is what I want.
Unvote:

Vote: Cream147

How can you pressure lurkers when you say you don't want to lynch them?
You could be a agressive and keep asking questions but sometimes that doesn't work.
Does that ever work?
Admittedly, you'd need to stick a couple of votes on to truly pressure them. However, in a game of this size, a couple of votes doesn't constitute lynching them.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote: But votes only bring pressure if they couldf lead to a lynch.
If a few people put a vote on you, you feel under pressure, regardless of whether they intend to lynch you or not. Trust me, you don't have to have intent to lynch to pressurise people.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Cream147 »

Cream147 wrote: If a few people put a vote on you, you feel under pressure, regardless of whether they intend to lynch you or not. Trust me, you don't have to have intent to lynch to pressurise people.
Is this a general statement, or related to this particular game?[/quote]

It's a general statement, from my experience. People get unnerved when a few people vote for them.

BlakAdder, if lurkers aren't pressurised, then isn't it a very viable tactic from scum to lurk the game out? It seems like it to me.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Cream147 »

Slicey wrote:I'd say pressure people that seem scummy. If you think lurking is a scumtactic, well that's what you think. Evetually, they will have to post though, and we'll see if those posts seem scummy. I know it doesn't make much sense but whatever. >_>
But if you do that, then lurkers are more likely than active players to escape! That's probability. It seems to me that if we're not going to pressurise lurkers, and yes, that will need a bit of vote power, then lurking will be a very effective tactic for scum.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Cream147 »

fouxdufafa wrote:If we apply pressure to lurkers then we can see their response to it. They're going to say SOMETHING. They can't remain absolutely quiet because if they do then they're going to be replaced, in which case we know that they just weren't here. It's then up to us as to whether or not their answers are satisfactory enough to remove said pressure.

It can have the threat of a lynch, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're GOING to be lynched for lurking. Lurking can be a scumtell, but townies can lurk. If they have a wagon on them then how stubborn they are about lurking will be the tell.
This is a good and well reasoned opinion.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Cream147 »

BlakAdder wrote:@Cream: That's what I'm saying. I'm good with lynching lurkers. You're the one that's being wishy-washy about it.
Oh right, you don't agree with the wishy washiness. Well fair enough, but remember that this is all opinion. I personally think that because town and scum lurk, lynching people solely for lurking is pretty unreliable.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Cream147 »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Surye wrote: I'm starting to side with the SirT votes. And this really did it for me. Pretending to play is unacceptable. Vote: Sir Tornado
This is ironic, considering only I and Armlx seem to be actually playing this game. The rest of you seem to think (before this page) discussing lurkers belongs to mafia games. Try the "mafia discussion" forum.
Got a bit of discussion whirling didn't it? We're out of the random stage nice and quick.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm, you realise we are out of the random stage, ja? Then go and read!
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Cream147 »

Shanba wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Shanba wrote:
BlakAdder wrote:@Tornado: Yes, I get it, which I quite clearly stated, but you're missing the point. Just answer instead of trying to disguise your answer in quotes.
@Shanba: Care to explain your vote?
No.
Don't do this. Don't start a case on someone and then refuse to provide evidence/thoughts. Do not.
Don't tell me how to play, please.
Whilst normally I wouldn't take playstyle criticism from Wall-E, he's right in this case.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Slicey wrote:Also, 1 vote does not a case make, al4xz.
This sentence reminds me of something Kristoph Gavin said in an Apollo Justice cross-examination...difference is, what he said still made sense, where as this does not, no matter how you look at it. Care to explain?

Incidentally, I don't see anything wrong with Moratorium's post. It seems like it could be useful to reference back to later on, more as a factual summary of what has happened so far than an opinion.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Cream147 »

My opinion for these three topics, for example, would be that for all three cases, PRO is pro-town.
That is just an opinion though, and those 3 topics are really opinionated topics that always, always, always split people. On a sidenote I was pro for voting to pressure by the way, if you recall *winks*.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Cream147 »

Sir Tornado wrote:
unvote

vote Surye

I hope atleast a few people see what I see.
You've piqued my interest. Shame I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote:
Slicey wrote:
armlx wrote:What leads you to suspect Emp more then BA?
By the way he is posting, it looks like's trying to get a quick lynch, and he doesn't really care who it is as long as it isn't himself. Plus, he's contributed next to nothing in this game. All of his posts have been about a sentence or two. >_>
Mind backing the first point. The sond point, I'm pretty sure that that's more than some people. The third point is my play style.
I'm surprised that you are getting attacked for lack of contribution. I think you've contributed enough throughout this game.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:I'd just like to note this wagon moved way too fast to not be scum powered in some way, regardless of Slicey's alignment.
This is right. Not that I don't agree with the reasoning on him, I do, but this bandwagon clearly has some scum behind it.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Wall-E wrote:happy birthday, and if slicey flips town,
fos: sir T
I disagree wholeheartedly with this.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Alabaska J wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:happy birthday, and if slicey flips town,
fos: sir T
I disagree wholeheartedly with this.
Why?
I'm guessing because Sir T is right. It's WIFOM.
This
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Cream147 »

Right guys, I'm so so sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been on an unforseen VLA lately. Will make a real post shortly, but need to post this in all my games first.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote:
Unvote

I was voting Xtoxm for one thing and he hasn't done anything scummy since.

So I'm going back to cream.
Vote; Cream

Hasn't posted much and whayt she has posted is IMO scummy.

I think the Surye cases suck.
Thanks for giving me a chance to make a solid defense...I would say that I'm being hypocritical at the moment, as I am lurking. I have my reasons though, I am trying to catch up with this game.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Ok, this is one a game which I owe serious time. I'm going to be honest, I don't have much clue what's going on at the moment. I'm going to find out though.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Cream147 »

Surye wrote:He's been off the site since Sept 28! Guess that means
Vote: Cream
He's the worst kind of lurker really. He pokes his head in every few days to try to stay off the lurker list.
Whatever, did I not self-admit I was lurking...actually, I think I said something like 'I'm not up with this game or something'. I've already said I agree with pressurising lurkers but don't try to misrepresent me. I haven't tried to avoid the lurker list. I'm just not up with the cases in this game because I've got behind in reading and so I feel very much out of it. I need to get very much back into it...
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Cream147 »

(Oh, and the reason I got this behind with reading is because of my unexpected V/LA...I do feel like a real hypocrite though)
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm wrote:Cream, what do you think of my case on K7?
Well it's not much of a case is it. It's just a lurker-vote. I do, as I said earlier, believe in pressurising lurkers. However, I'm not going to put my vote there yet, because this game seems full of lurkers (at the moment, I am one of them, I hope to change that).

Now, people want some opinions off me because I've apparently avoided putting forward views on anything. Let's talk Slicey wagon.

I personally don't think the case on Slicey was great. On a reread, I think it looked like a wagon out of a necessity of a wagon rather than a wagon where everyone was convinced of the reasoning behind it.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Surye (4): springlullaby, Riceballtail, Muerrto, Wall-E
Cream147 (4): Empking, BlakAdder, armlx, Surye
Jebus (2): farside22, Shanba
killa seven (1): Xtoxm

Not voting (11): Megatheory, Azuma, RestFermata, Gremwell, Alabaska J, Cream147, Jebus, Slepz, killa seven, Zazier, al4xz

With 22 alive it's 12 to lynch.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:And usually a lynch is done because there are no better options for a lynch.....
But what I was trying to get at is that I don't think many of the wagoners truly believed from the bottom of their hearts that Slicey was scum.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote:I do think that was quite a lazy vote from Xtoxm.

Plus I think we're near to deadline.
That may have been a 'lazy' vote from xtoxm but I don't like K7's reaction to it. Killa, no matter what you may say, the lurking that you have maintained throughout this whole game is in my opinion, not acceptable. I know I've lurked in the middle, but at least I was active at the beginning and I'm more active now. You've lurked the whole game, and then when someone calls you out on it, you call it a 'lazy' vote. This is why I hate lurkers. In this way, lurkers always survive because they don't get much attention, and when they do, they just say there 'must be better cases' (nearly always on active people). And so the active players get lynched. Lurkers just sit there and do nothing.

This is why I believe in voting lurkers to pressurise them. (Glad to have got that out of my system)
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:
V/LA makes someone who consisently lurks as scum not be a scumtell.
I don't remember a V/LA notice.

If you can point that out, I still want a response from Cream as to why he didn't say anything about the Slicey wagon.
Yeah, I didn't leave a V/LA notice. It was a rather sudden, unexpected one, I didn't have time to post it everywhere, just the time to stick it on my sig. As for why I didn't comment on the Slicey wagon...I just didn't have any strong feelings about it. I suppose I could've and perhaps should've posted something to that effect...
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Okay, I'm liking the K7 wagon, it was decent to start off with but his reactions make it even better for me. We need a votecount really, but I think it's safe to
Vote: K7

BlakAdder wrote:Now that the fact that Cream had announced being V/LA beforehand was brought up, I'm willing to overlook his lurking.
I'll tell you what, I'll have a really detailed look at the Slicey wagon just to make you all happy, and I'll give you my reasons why I think the wagon was not particularly optimal and not even the people on it seemed particularly confident.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Cream147 »

Back from my zero access period.
[u]Apologies[/u]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”