Let's Study Games - Redemption Mechanics

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 am

Post by xofelf »

I have quite a few thoughts on returnees as I've experienced several as well as run a couple more, that being said, I don't exactly have the brain to articulate a lot of this well today. Actually... barring whatever happened in the earlier non-anons, I think I've seen all the returnees we've had, interesting. But yeah once I've had a bit, I'll be back with some thoughts. Cuz I don't think returnees are inherently good or bad, however it is the way in which they happen that can be good or bad, and then sometimes the system for a returnee can be really good but the players or mods involved in that game made the twist not be good. Also I think there is a bit of a slight different between something like Redemption Island/EoE and like an item that lets somebody choose somebody else to come back. Those have different impacts and read in different ways, not quite apples and oranges but like oranges and grapefruits.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 am

Post by xofelf »

I know Seafoam! I lived through Seafoam, I was one of the returnees. I don't fully remember how Kabutops came back, but I remember some of how it all worked. There was a challenge where the previously voted out players played against the living players for the right to return. If we won the challenge, we were allowed to vote somebody back into the game. And that's how I came back. I think Kabutops came back because that was also a game where there was a double modkill, and it made sense to just replace. Also the round we had this challenge there was an exile who got to talk to us dead during that round. and it was the first merge challenge. The fun part is that I was voted out first, and got to come back at merge where nobody knew me whatsoever. I made 4th partly because I escaped the ravages of the Legendary Box since I hadn't done anything badly towards anyone and anybody I was siding with it wasn't really a terrible play on my part.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:21 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh yeah, so the returnee for Seafoam was not previously announced. It was a surprise. There were hints about maybe it wasn't the end one on one after you were voted out, but barely even that.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”