Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Nathann »

HEAL: Nathann

Oh, I like the flavour.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm tempted to townread cyrus for now. The willingness to work with Pavowski and to form his Coalition feel genuine at least. I also have a weak tonal Townread on Pavowski.

HEAL: cyrus
HEAL: Pavowski

Yes, I know they're currently doing the "build the Coalition without us in it" exercise.

If I had to come up with a Scumread, I think Farren's the closest to it? He gives me a vibe of an analytical player, who right now feels as if he's forcing himself to post and keep up the analytical appearance? But the game isn't exactly full of content, to be fair. Everyone else feels null so far.
In post 52, Enchant wrote:2. Try to get all potential mafia members in coalition. Sounds counterreversal, but if we get both mafia on coalition, this would be easy game, as we need just simple elim everyone from coalition for win. I am not sure about row chances to get 2 mafias on coalition, but if it's higher than getting 0 mafias, probably we should go for that.
You do understand that we won't know whether it's 1 or 2 Scum in the Coalition if it fails, right?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 70, cyrus62 wrote:@nathann unvote your self to show me I can work with you
I don't maybe see the point, not like I can single-handedly push a Coalition with myself in it through, but sure.

HURT: Nathann

Why did you decide to trust me right after my last post? You can answer this later if you want to hear Pavowski's answer first, but I am curious.

And why do you find that someone hurting themselves is Town!indicative? Or rather, why do you keep asking that people do so?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 77, Save The Dragons wrote:if i were scum i'd hurt myself to appease you
I was literally thinking of writing out a post how Save The Dragons is mildly Townie for not hurting himself, as I imagined Scum!him would've done that for appearances.

I want to say Scum wouldn't be this blatant about it either... Not sure yet, though.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 86, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: std this is how much I distrust std
Is there anything making you distrust him other than him not wanting to hurt himself?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 80, Pavowski wrote:And I'm not sure about Nathann yet.
Is this a "I don't have an opinion yet" or "I have a negative opinion"? If it's the latter, I'm interested in hearing about it.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 97, Farren wrote:
In post 94, Save The Dragons wrote:Theres not enough information to get a read on me
Of course there is. The only way there wouldn't be if you'd literally posted nothing at all since the game started.
Should I take this to mean you have a read on all (or most) players in the game already?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Nathann »

Theoretical disagree on that statement, but I'm not sure there's a point in that discussion.

A different question: was there a point in posting , other than expressing your theoretical disagreement, and do you have any early takes so far?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:13 am

Post by Nathann »

It's a bit difficult to interact with a naked vote, can I ask you to elaborate a bit on your reads? Or read.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 108, Hakai wrote:I voted you because your hurting of yourself seemed like it deliberately grabbed attention.
I hurt myself because cyrus asked me to. What do you think is different between me doing that and Pavowski doing that (), that you voted me but find him Town?

Anyway, now that Save The Dragons has responded, I wanted to respond to : I didn't intend to disagree with what you're trying to say, I was just pointing out that I believe not all content is readable. But again, theory.

@Save The Dragons, any other takes?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 245, Hakai wrote:Earlier he made a post that seemed like it was meant to deliberately call attention to the fact he was hurting himself in an attempt to gain townreads.
And you still haven't replied to me about how the fact that cyrus asked me to hurt myself played the part, and how it differs from Pavowski doing the exact same thing a few posts earlier.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:25 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 246, Save The Dragons wrote:nathann who's on your ideal coalition
HEAL: Save The Dragons
HEAL: Farren
HEAL: Nathann

These three, along with cyrus and Pavowski who I'm already healing.

Hakai I don't really understand why he's being widely Townread. I was hoping him actually elaborating on his read of me would help me sort him, but he (intentionally or unintentionally) ignored me. I dislike the potential doubke standard, but I'll get back to this read once he responds.

Kyouko gives me bad vibes because I feel like it's a huge stretch to not only confidently declare me Scum over word choice, but to be so confident to declare I'm Townspewing people from it. For reasons, I feel like she shouldn't be rushing to read me on tone, especially not like that.

yessiree gives me a vibe of coasting, almost? Which is bit unfair of me, maybe, considering I just took a break from posting, but I'm not seeing anything Townie there yet.

Enchant is... a mystery. I want to say their obvious nonchalance is Townie (and gun-to-head, they'd be my 5th if I couldn't include myself), since Scum would probably try a bit harder to at least appear helpful. Of course, it's possible they're partnered with someone who is widely Townread so far and is in majority of Coalitions, but I wouldn't bet on it I guess.

I'm a bit sick, so wasn't posting yesterday, but I'll try to be more present going forward, as I form best reads in as close to real time as possible. Also I'll reread some of my uncertain reads later today to try to form a more detailed opinion on them.

pedit: oh, Enchant post? And seems a bit efforty. Will read it in a bit.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:28 am

Post by Nathann »

I take it back, it's the "try to get 2 Scum in the 5" plan. Enchant, you do understand that's a horrible idea because we cannot tell whether there's 1 or 2 Scum in the Coalition, so we might as well spend our one shot at insta-win trying to actually get the insta-win? Like, nothing is stopping us from yeeting those players AFTER we try to lock in an actual Townie Coalition?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:33 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 179, yessiree wrote:
In post 177, Enchant wrote:
In post 174, cyrus62 wrote: I'm aiming for the win on day one
PFDPFPSDFPDPSF
AHAHAHHAHA

Sorry not wasting my mental sanity on you. Just take HEAL: cyrus62.
Spoiler:
It's not because of exact this statement but i veryvery doubt it comes from mafia with these actions and statements.
surely you have other townreads besides cyrus and yourself by now
In post 181, yessiree wrote:ok

VOTE: enchant
I forgot about these posts, this sequence gave me a bad vibe about yessiree. I can't quite place it, feels a bit... forced? Like either he's attacking the loltownie for doing funny things and trying to keep busy, or he's attempting some clunky distancing. Either way, feels off for some reason.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 am

Post by Nathann »

There is nothing stopping us from attempting to find 5 Townies for the Coalition, and then if it fails, yeeting from the 5 people you think have 2 Scum.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 276, Enchant wrote:If we continue, then we will be debuffed for whole game, because we will drink wine for whole game, wondering "How much mafia in Coalition anyway?".
You do understand that this would be the
exact
same problem with your plan as well?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:57 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 277, cyrus62 wrote:Enchant and nathann posable distenseing?
Yeah mate, when I saw that both me and my partner are being universally PoE'd, I decided to attack them over dumb mechanics instead of doing literally anything that boosts either of our Townreads or even argue with them about something that makes sense. You got it, game solved.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Nathann »

Hakai, is there a point to playing as an alt when you're gonna immediately stomp around in the game throwing out mostly meta reads?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Nathann »

Maybe the point is obvious, being able to meta people without being able to be meta'd, but it annoys a bit I guess.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:01 am

Post by Nathann »

If I hadn't hurt myself, cyrus would've been Scumreading me. I did, so Hakai is Scumreading me. Dammed if you do...
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Nathann »

Enchant, nobody is forbidding you from finding three Townreads and wanting to vote anyone besides the three. But we don't need to gamethrow our one chance at insta-win for it?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 299, cyrus62 wrote:Nathann can you hurt me and add hanki to your 5.
Nope, he's very close to the bottom of my reads, if not at the very bottom. Convince me he's Town?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 302, Pavowski wrote:Nathann I hope you're feeling better. Convince me Farren is town?
Not really, but thank you. Farren is a combination of "I have gotten vague positive vibes from this person" and "more people feel worse than they do". I'll reread his ISO and point out what I find Townie when I get the chance, hopefully before I sleep.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Nathann »

cyrus, why is Hakai Town? (And Farren, I'll get to you later too.)
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 315, Farren wrote:
In post 283, Nathann wrote:If I hadn't hurt myself, cyrus would've been Scumreading me. I did, so Hakai is Scumreading me. Dammed if you do...
What's your current experience with Mafia? How do games usually go for you?
Unfortunate pedit to click through - I have a decent amount of Mafia experience, though it's questionable if that translates to skill, games seem to be hit-or-miss. Though I generally am able to make people Townread me as Town, which is partly why I've been wishing to play this setup.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 318, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 304, Nathann wrote:
In post 299, cyrus62 wrote:Nathann can you hurt me and add hanki to your 5.
Nope, he's very close to the bottom of my reads, if not at the very bottom. Convince me he's Town?
It's his play stateing I'm out of my scumrange is puzzling to me. But I think scum wouldn't give up a easy elemation like that.
Weren't you already more-or-less widely Townread by that point?

Okay, I went back to check. Hakai was the first to give you any sort of a Townlean (). However, he was not the first to Townread you. By the point of him saying you're far out of your Scumrange (), you practically had 5 Townreads on you already: Enchant, yessiree, Pavowski, Nathann, and Farren (, , , , and respectively).

I don't think Hakai Townreading you is Town!indicative for him due to "giving up an easy elimination", you were more or less the most Townread player at the time! If anything, it's seeing someone who's very likely to end up in the Coalition (or maybe even not, considering you were against putting yourself in it!) and deciding to take a hard stance there because it's definitely much easier than going against 5 people.

Now, I'm not saying Hakai is 100% Scum who did that, but I feel that your reasons for Townreading him are... not really reasonable.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 329, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 327, Pavowski wrote:Also, just on the win today / win later argument, my understanding is that after D1 if our coalition fails (contains scum) the game basically becomes mountainous... Town just knows there was >0 scum in the coalition.

So it's not like we can just eliminate the coalition and win if 2 scum were inside. Scum can still night kill and may well kill outside the coalition in that case.

Maybe math disproves me on that but I'm phone posting from work and just wanted to get this out there.
This is town to me.and I agree. All we would know is one or two of the five is scum. Then we would fight over who we think is scum out of the five.
While I think Pavowski is Town for other reasons, I really don't think stating the obvious mechanical conclusion of the setup is particularly Town!indicative.
In post 363, cyrus62 wrote:I think nathann has at least tried to help. Even going as far as hurting him self when asked to do so.
Gonna stop you right there, that "even going as far" would've happened regardless of my own alignment. Not telling you you're wrong, but use the right reasons to Townread me, lol.

Okay, I'm caught up, I see Kyouko also hasn't bothered to respond to me. Getting onto the things that I had to do now.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Nathann »

Re my Farren read:

Rereading the ISO up until the 300's, I think this read was more of a "other people look worse" rather than "they look good". And I'm partly wondering if I'm getting pocketed due to him being the only person to Townread me while I was gone. However, I can point out some posts that I did like.

- while "putting people who are putting themselves out there" is a potentially lazy take, I feel like it's pro-Town. The idea itself that more discussion = easier sorting if the Coalition fails is Townie, but not that difficult to fake. However, I feel like using votes as such early is promoting a healthier gamestate, in a sense? Rather, I feel that Townies who are being put in Coalitions are more likely to effort (I certainly felt it was a bit easier for me to get back into the game when I saw at least someone wasn't grilling me) and increases the odds that the Townies will end up in the final Coalition? This made a bit more sense in my head.

/ - While I disagree with the read on Kyouko, I find this kind of read/reasoning to be Townie. I don't see the obvious Scum!motivation for defending a generally Scumread player, and the reasoning feels pure? Like something Town would come up with, while Scum probably wouldn't bother.

- I know, I know this is defending me, but I liked the attempt at assessing my motives. And again, assuming Farren/Kyouko isn't a thing (and I'm guessing it isn't), Scum!Farren would be defending universally Scumread Town slots for what gain?

Okay, so typing this all out, I feel like my Farren Townread is more of a gut / in the moment read than one based on analysis. I
guess
I could see Scum!Motivation in defending Town slots likely to be outside the Coalition if Farren is planning to be inside the Coalition and his partner outside and he's angling to Scumread his fellow Coalition members... But eh. Still above the null line for me.

Though this did make me wonder - @Farren, what's your current read on Hakai, and what did you like about him initially when you put him into the Coalition? (Assuming it was more than the fact he was active.)
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 309, Farren wrote:And please elaborate more on the bad vibes. I think I understand where they're coming from, but I want to hear it from you.
The exact reasons will have to wait a bit, but. I just reread her ISO, and I think quite literally the only read she did explain was the utterly bad read on me? Actually, she did Townlean Pavowski for a joke.

It's just, I'm reading this ISO and my eyes are glazing over. Most of these posts are either mechanics / self-meta (which don't advance the game), unexplained read on people (save for the above 2), or just plain filler. I will admit that coming out and saying "I am obvious Town when Town" is pretty brave in this setup if she's scum, but if there are people here familiar with her meta (and not like it can't be checked anyway), maybe Scum!her thinks it's her best bet to take some refuge in audacity, I don't think it's clearing at all.

And by her vote on me and later posts ignoring me, I think it's safe to assume her read on me hasn't changed. But I find it really hard to believe that she is
that
certain on a tonal read on one post where I repeated the words "theoretical disagreement" twice (because god forbid I make it clear we're disagreeing on mafia theory and not something actually practically relevant to the game) that the entirety of the rest of my posts warrant ignoring. But even if she was that certain on that read, why isn't she doing anything to convince other people? Or at least voice her disagreement with those people? Everything about it rubs me the wrong way.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Nathann »

I just noticed Kyouko has yessiree in her Coalition, so. @Kyouko, but also @anyone who Townreads yessiree: why?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 379, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Oh Nathann spewed Farren. Its pre-flip but I'm confident on scum!Nathann. I also am not seeing anything from Farren to make me doubt that read.
Do you seriously intend to ignore everything I'm saying in this entire game and keep me locked as Scum because I had one (1) post you deemed awkward?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 403, cyrus62 wrote:@nathann maybe you can case your self so I don't have to I may make you look scummy..
Not much more I want to say other than "read my ISO, it's Town". Any arguments I make will ultimately be biased. And it's early enough in the game that I feel like I'm not quite out of Scumrange yet. I can (probably) make one later if absolutely needed, but I'd prefer not to right now.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 418, Pavowski wrote:Also upon further reflection (I've been for my morning run) wouldn't scum!nathann be absolutely willing to towncase himself to try to get into the coalition?
My stance on not Towncasing myself is that that Towncase would currently be quoting some of my older posts and saying "look at all this Analysis™ I am doing this game". It would obviously be biased and it wouldn't actually mean anything. If I had something great to present to you to absolutely sell you on me being Town, I would, but I don't.

If I were Scum here, I would absolutely be willing to Towncase myself to try to get in, the issue is whether I would think a Towncase like that would actually help me get into the Coalition. Maybe I would have more willpower to quote some of my older posts and write "look at all these Words I am Saying here!!", but impossible to tell. Of course, all of this is just wine coming from me, so.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Nathann »

So I started typing this right after my last post and then I got distracted. Anyway...
In post 271, Nathann wrote:For reasons, I feel like [Kyouko] shouldn't be rushing to read me on tone, especially not like that.
I can come back to this now, considering Mini Normal 2232 is finally over. In that game, both Kyouko and I were playing, and we were both Town. The reason I say that I feel that Town!her wouldn't have a read in me like that is because at the time, we were both already flipped in that game (so she knew I was Town there) and I think my tone here has been pretty similar here to what it was there. (I didn't go back to reread my own ISO there to check, but eh.) To completely ignore me based on a tonal read from a single post is bad enough, but I feel like she has enough precedent to see that my typing style is just like that, at least enough to actually start communicating with me and not mad tunnel me based on a single post.

Of course, now that that game is over, I'm looking forward to the explanation Kyouko will have for her read on me, because I'm guessing there's
something
connected to that game that made her be so sure in me being Scum here.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Nathann »

So we're playing the "waiting for a replacement" game, huh.

Kyouko, you're missing the main things I actually want you to address. Why are you so certain that one post is always coming from Scum, so much so that you're ignoring everything else I'm saying? Do you have an opinion on anything else I've said? And if apparently that read isn't connected to the game we just played in, I'm even more confused because surely if you're that certain of someone's alignment based off a tonal read from one post, you'd go check that read based on meta you have available to you?

Also, you seemed much more interested in actually playing there. I know one game of experience isn't a good sample size for meta, but here you seem very lazy and nonexistent, and the difference is kinda jarring.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 445, Nathann wrote:Kyouko, you're missing the main things I actually want you to address. Why are you so certain that one post is always coming from Scum, so much so that you're ignoring everything else I'm saying? Do you have an opinion on anything else I've said? And if apparently that read isn't connected to the game we just played in, I'm even more confused because surely if you're that certain of someone's alignment based off a tonal read from one post, you'd go check that read based on meta you have available to you?
It's literally right here.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 427, Pavowski wrote:
In post 406, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If Pavowski and Cyrus can agree on a 5 that does not include Nathann I'll sheep it
I've been noodling on this all day, and I just don't think scum goes so hard against a single slot, especially one that's, if not being scum read, has had a hard time getting traction in the coalition.

I'm not saying Kyo is right, I just don't see why scum would tunnel like that here.
Isn't this an older Scum tactic? Tunnel a single Town slot to appear busy, save yourself from actually having to do fake analysis of other people and whatnot. If she is Scum here, I'd guess that means her partner is already on their way to be in the Coalition, and she's setting up a later Day plan to get me yeeted after we find her partner in the Coalition... But that's too far into speculation.

Pavowski, do you need anything from me to help you read me better? Like, I'm reading your hesitancy, and I really don't get it.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 450, Hakai wrote:I haven't seen that tactic used ever.
Okay. Do you have anything useful to add to the discussion?
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Gut instinct on reading that post was that the repetition comes from.scum that is forcing it.
Or,
or
, the repetition came because I wanted to make myself clear and because there were two different theoretical disagreements at play - Fareen disagreeing on theory with Save the Dragons, and me disagreeing on theory with Farren.
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm going to hold on to this one like a dog with a bone for the time being.
Should I read this as you not being interested in listening to literally anything that anyone else is saying about me and being willing to die on this hill?
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Opinion on anything else you've said? I've been reading it, responding where I have questions/comments to share.
This ties in to the above. I am highly skeptical of a good faith Town player making a read on me (or on anyone, really) based on tone from one (1) post and then not using literally anything else that that player has said in order to read them. The point isn't that I want you to respond to a certain point of mine, the point is that by not taking into account literally anything else I'm doing (or what others are saying about me), your read on me feels willfully ignorant.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:i think im good with my 5.
cyrus, please either give me an actual reason why Hakai is Town or explain to me why my is wrong.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Nathann »

Now I'm getting the feeling Kyouko might be Town,
if
there really is precedent to strong gut reads and play like this. Though even that would have to be taken with a grain of salt, considering the rest of her ISO is also, uh. Not Good.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 457, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 452, Nathann wrote:
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Gut instinct on reading that post was that the repetition comes from.scum that is forcing it.
Or,
or
, the repetition came because I wanted to make myself clear and because there were two different theoretical disagreements at play - Fareen disagreeing on theory with Save the Dragons, and me disagreeing on theory with Farren.
This I'll have to take a look at, probably after work
So you've locked me in as Scum for a post that you didn't even understand correctly.
In post 457, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm trying to find a compromise: I'll sheep their coalition if they keep you out of it.
And you're trying to impose this shitty veto on me being in the Coalition on the basis of it.

Okay, I'm logging out for the night before I say something bad.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 467, Pavowski wrote:We're actually starting to look close-ish, here. STD how do you feel about hakai?
How do you feel about Hakai still? Going through your ISO, I see one early "liking where he's going" read, and not much updated stuff. If you're still (at least somewhat) certain in him being Town, mind trying to convince me?
In post 472, MathBlade wrote:Can someone say who they absolutely want in the coalition please? Only one name allowed no naming yourself.
As of right now, that's probably cyrus for me. Pavowski is a somewhat close second.

I was under the impression that is just, common sense on how this setup should be played, but anyway. Obviously agreed with that plan. Though also agreed that we shouldn't wait for the last possible moment to form the Coalition so that we have time to agree on the yeet afterwards if it fails. Maybe with ~3 days left on the clock?
In post 511, MathBlade wrote:I think instantly winning is a pipe dream and the more time we have for an elim the better.
I find Math's posting up to this point weird. (Not really Scummy, just weird.) If I recall correctly, about half of all runs of this setup ended up with a winning Coalition. Why such pessimism? Also, I find it kinda odd that you'd rather have more time for a yeet after a failed Coalition than put in some of that extra time
into
trying to get a winning Coalition.

Not sure if it comes from Scum, though. If Math's partner is already deep in the Coalition, then this kind of rushing and keeping himself out of it just makes him looks worse later on. And if his partner isn't in the Coalition, then Math is gamethrowing? Hm. Maybe that's what he wants me to think so we put him into the Coalition, oh the wine.

Bottom of page 21, I'll be back later.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 426, Save The Dragons wrote:i think i'm still at the same place got 4 i like still looking for a 5th.
In post 465, Save The Dragons wrote:HEAL: Farren
What convinced you to add Farren as your 5th?
In post 561, cyrus62 wrote:Ssbm so me why nathann is scum. Besides the he hurt him self thing.
That's not why Kyouko suspects me, she suspects me because I said the words "theoretical disagreement" twice in the same post. Even though there were two theoretical disagreements at play and she didn't even notice that which means she didn't even understand the post correctly but here we are I guess.
In post 564, MathBlade wrote:Imho if scum is in it is not a good reason to veto a coalition imho.
Except Town has managed to dig themselves out of a failed Coalition only once in all of history of this setup, so. I'd say it's a pretty decent reason to veto it.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:36 am

Post by Nathann »

Also for the record (since there's talk in adding more votes to the Coalition I'm currently voting), I'm rethinking both Farren and Save The Dragon's positions in it. Maybe Save The Dragon's moreso. But I'm not sure if I even have anyone to replace them with. MathBlade is a potential candidate (pending on his thoughts once he actually reads the game or at least some parts of it), but the other three... Still thinking Hakai is Scummy, and both Kyouko and Enchant are also acting Scummy, and while I have some weird gut thoughts they might be Townie (mostly because the things they're doing feel nonsensical for Scum), they're definitely not trying to actually act like it, which uh. Complicates things a bit.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Nathann »

Math, what do you find Townie/mindmeldy about Kyouko and Hakai? Because the two of them are (right now, at least) the two I absolutely want to keep out of my Coalition, and I would like to know if I am wrong on that.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Nathann »

This is a simple open setup, there's not much in mechanics this game that Scum couldn't replicate. Why do you find that worthy of a Townread?

And also, like, I can't see the genuineness from Hakai, that's why I am asking. :/
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm gonna give Math a chance to finish reading the game and to then give thoughts, but I would be lying if I said I got a good feeling from anything I've read from him (irl) today. Which contrasts the earlier read I had, but hmm... Game hard.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Nathann »

I want to say that I am hoping that Math is just wrong Town and that everything is fine, but I'm not sure if I have that much faith in my own reads so far.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Nathann »

Okay, can you tl;dr your reads then, please? You've expressed some but not all I believe.

The issue is that I would very much like to win via the Coalition.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 633, Save The Dragons wrote:have you given a reason why Save The Dragons is scum yet MB
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 644, MathBlade wrote:You haven’t provided any thing to read you on and still haven’t.
Is there any reason Save The Dragons is Scum other than apparently not providing things to be read on?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 652, MathBlade wrote:Why aren’t you looking back at that section instead of asking me the same question ten times in 10 different ways?
Partly because I am lazy. Mostly because your style of catching up and commenting on thibgs leaves a lot of noise for me to fig through to find that one post that mentions your read. And even if I find it, it doesn't actually explain anything, because all you're basing things on is vibes and pings. And I don't have anything against gutreads, don't get me wrong, but when you keep refusing to give out any substance of the reads, I'm going to start to think there actually isn't any.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 585, MathBlade wrote:
In post 94, Save The Dragons wrote:Theres not enough information to get a read on me
Need more from STD. Cyrus +STD top theory atm
Here, I looked back and found the post. It is hot air and explains absolutely nothing. I also checked your ISO, no explanation anywhere. So.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #53) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 658, MathBlade wrote:Std hasn’t given anything to read him by where as I have and others have.
The explanation is in the quote.
At the time, Kyouko had posted literally nothing game related, so did you magically know you were going to mindmeld with her later on so that you don't Scumread her for the lack of content?

And Save The Dragons has had reads. You keep kind of evading that.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm currently a bit short on time. I skimmed, I will properly catch up tonight, but quick points I wanna make.

1. Kyouko has still not addressed the fact that she misunderstood the post she first Lock!Scumread me nd has not gone over it again. The one post she called "a lot of words with no conclusions" or whatever had stances and not like I haven't had content this game. Unlike some others.

2. Hakai's recent aversion to having specifically me in the Coalition makes no sense.

3. That Coalition that is currently at Y-1 is godawful and I will truly be floored if that passes.

Not sure where exactly that Coalition started happening, but seeing that Math was the first vote for it, that pretty much kills any Townread on him I had for not wanting into the Coalition. Hakai's vote for it with almost zero elaboration is sketchy and possibly partnery for Math (or anyone who is in it, really).

Be back tonight, hopefully.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Nathann »

Okay, I bothered to get my ass up from the couch and grab my phone charger, I'm still around for some time.
In post 800, Pavowski wrote:
In post 799, Nathann wrote:2. Hakai's recent aversion to having specifically me in the Coalition makes no sense.
I am also a little puzzled at this.
I figured it was weird, but only after I posted the post I consciously realized why I thought so - Hakai was saying nothing when I was picking up Townreads and getting into people's Coalitions. He said either nothing about me or mentioned one or two posts that he liked. (!!!) Then, there's a Coalition on the rise that doesn't have me in it (and this is after a period during which I was asleep, meaning I wasn't really posting), and all of a sudden he is strongly against me and me specifically being in the Coalition? Right.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Nathann »

Re Math and my Townread on cyrus, it was mostly that the guy felt really uninformed. Whatever he was posting felt like it was just what he was thinking and it felt pretty agendaless. I might take some time to go through his ISO tonight and iron out my read on him if you really want, but I am kind of lazy, and if this Coalition you proposed is actually about to pass, I don't feel like doing that extra work if it's not gonna be useful for me. (I'm assuming it will pass since I'm assuming either Enchant or Kyouko will end up voting for it. Oh no, I said the words "I'm assuming" twice in the same post, in the same sentence even.)
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 808, Farren wrote:I will point out that this is a Nathann-free Coalition, and as such may attract ssbm_Kyouko's attention.
This, I'm straight up assuming this Coalition gets hammered the moment Kyouko catches up on the game.

Farren, are you voting for the Coalition because oyu believe in it or because you're testing reactions? If the latter, how's that going?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Nathann »

Wanna join me and Save The Dragons then?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Nathann »

This is totally not an evil plot to get you to do the reevaluation of cyrus yourself that I can then sheep because I am lazy.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Nathann »

When you want to offer proof that your top Scumread is Scum, but you actually hammer a winning Coalition. :lol:

Nice work, Town. Thank you for the game, mod, the flavour was super fun!
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Nathann »

Interesting read, thank you for sharing!

*cough* where Scum and Mod PT *cough*

Return to “Completed Open Games”