Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:47 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Hmmm, not much to go on, but
joe wrote:
Vote lazarusmoth
for voting me
This sounds scummy to me. One vote shouldn't be scary for the mafia, which makes me think he is pro-town.

vote: Joe
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:22 am

Post by HairyMezican »

lol, I was joking, I agree that a omgus vote is not scummy, but 2 people does not a bandwagon make.

3 people is a little bit closer though.
vote: Locus Cosecant

I still reserve the right to change it though.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:53 am

Post by HairyMezican »

PeaceBringer wrote: but 3 does, I had voted joe--
Hmm, I guess you did, I missed that when looking through, and I think I missed 1 person voting for me. Oh well, it wasn't a real bandwagon anyways; I was just trying to lure scum into voting for me.

My suspect list right now:
Maximus
Mastermind of Sin
PeaceBringer
Locus Cosecant
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:53 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Wow, 8 votes so quickly, I think I'm gonna get lynched oon day 1; not the best way to start my first game.

Makes sense though, I do seem kinda scummy.

Oh well, I guess 1 Goon's life in exchange for voting info is par for day 1.

Good luck everybody.

FOS: everybody who has been voting for me without attempting to add to the conversation
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Yeah, I was claiming a Goon role.

To everyone voting "No Lynch" because we are starting off in the day instead of the night, what do you hope to gain from the night kill(s)? When the game starts at night, does the essentially random person (list of people) who was killed influence who you decide to lynch? I think it would be better to lynch me, proving that I am mafia, and giving everybody a better idea of who might be pro-town, and who the cop (mafia-cop?) should be investigating.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:40 am

Post by HairyMezican »

What information are you talking about Uraj? The cop's night investigation? He usually doesn't come forward day 1 does he? It not as if the majority of us will have access to that information. And the cop will have more information to base his investigation off of if we lynch. If I am mistaken about the infromation you were referring to, please correct me, but I just don't see it.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:25 am

Post by HairyMezican »

My Current Suspect List - (Yes I am paranoid)

Lurkers - these people haven't posted much
joe - newbie, so I'm not sure how much this means
olliep - also a newbie
Maximus
ZONEACE
PeaceBringer - not really lurking per se, but doesn't he usually post a lot more than this?

"No Lynch" camp - normally I've only seen mafia promote this, I would be surprised if there were no evil townies on here
Uraj45
olliep
GenocideHeart

People who voted for me - I was an easy target for the townies to try to get votes onto, and it seems odd that I would get that many votes that quickly if there were no scum on this list
Maximus
Mastermind of Sin
PeaceBringer - hot spot
LocusCosecant - hot spot
olliep
Lazarus Moth
bloojay

As Locus talks more and more, he seems more and more like mafia, although his original vote for me, which lacked any discussion made him seem like a townie, he doesn't seem like suspect #1 anymore, so I will go ahead and
unvote

My top two suspects right now are olliep, and PeaceBringer. Since olliep is rather new at this, I'm not sure if the fact that he is on all 3 lists is just because he is new at this, or because he is scum, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt for right now.

PeaceBringer on the other hand was #3 to vote for me, hasn't been posting as much as he normally does, and seems to want public approval before he proceeds. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that PeaceBringer is a townie.
vote: PeaceBringer
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:16 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

I think I'm voting for a third party right now.

*sigh*
unvote

I don't really feel like voting for myself, and ZONEACE does seem a little suspicious. Not as suspicious as me, I guess, and not as suspicious to me as PeaceBringer, but enough to get my vote for now.
vote: ZONEACE

**** WARNING: BIG FREAKING POST FOLLOWS ****
PeaceBringer wrote: You jumped on someone for minor stuff and folks reacted quickly. I voted to get reaction and see what is going on. I then unvoted (something I do a lot of regardless of role) and looking at what happens. What pray tell have we to discuss or interact about on a day one. We need stuff to happen. I have learned a lot recently about my being more effective if I watch reactions generated by others rather then trying to cause reactions myself. I still do it some, but get better reads by sitting back.
This is my first game, and I think I am probably guilty of this as well, you still seem a little bit suspicious to me.
PeaceBringer wrote: didn't unvote because HM you claimed to be "safe" goal on day one is to get through without lynching a role player and hope to lynch scum. I suspect HM you picked someone in the so-called "hot spot" in order to try and bandwagon quick. I always suspected "town" claims who put up a strong fight to survive, especially on day one.
fair enough, I am indeed a safe lynch. It is kind of interesting that you are claiming that I am putting up a strong fight to survive, and LazarusMoth is claiming that I give up too easily. Oh well. If I do get lynched day 1, I hope that I will have provided the mafia with enough information about everybody elses reactions to help lynch the townies.
olliep wrote: HairyMezican:
I disagree with the way you've listed suspects in your last post.

Firstly, I don't think I "haven't posted much". I'm sure there are other people who havent posted as much as me. Yeah, and this is my first mafia game.

Secondly, there should be nine people on your "no lynch list". Only 12 people currently have votes on people.

Then you put me on the list for voting you, even though i unvoted you. I think that you should redo your lists and then you will realise that I don't deserve to be a suspect.

Still not voting. I still think that we dont have enough cause or evidence to lynch someone and we should wait til tomorrow.
1) I think when I posted that message, you hadn't been talking much. Since then, you have been posting much more.

2) No, there were only 3 people that were supporting a "no lynch" option. This is very different from an undecided as to who to vote for option.

3) I don't find the fact that people are voting for me suspicious. I find the fact that I got so many votes so quickly a little bit concerning. Obviously some of the people voting for me were concerned Mafia, but I think that there are probably some townies in there as well seeking to end the day with the least amount of conversation possible. That particular list contained the people that I felt jumped on me a little too quickly. If people vote for me now that I have had a good chance to defend my actions, I would not find that scummy at all.

4) What do you think will happen between now and tomorrow that will give better cause to lynch someone? 2 people will be killed, and they will surely be the least suspicious 2. I would encourage you to vote for someone. The lynching is more than just a way to eliminate someone. It is a way to confirm someone's role, with the cost that that person is also eliminated. When 2 people are already getting killed every night, it really doesn't do that much more damage to the town to eliminate a single extra person at random, and it does do the town quite a bit of good to get rid of some of the more suspicious people to find out if they were scum or not. You two main options at this point are either me or ZONEACE, and I would encourage you to vote for one of us.

5) Yes, I know that this is your first game. It is my first game too. Which is why I'm not claiming that some of your behaviour that I find scummy is a clear indication that you are scum.
Maximus wrote: My vote will stay on HairyMezican because he has made poor defensive statements, he used the "these ppl are bad cuz they voted for me" technique rather than defending himself.
I don't think that's quite what I've done. I think I will just leave it at that.
joe wrote: it was also suspicious how he tried to turn a lot of attention off of himself towards people who really didn't seem guilty.
My goal was to get the mafia talking. When people talk, the people with less to hide win. I think I did a pretty good job of illuminating suspicious people, and surely I could probably go into a separate list all by myself.

Sorry for the long post. Lynch on.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:20 am

Post by HairyMezican »

Locus Cosecant wrote:HairyMezican, you say that 2 people die each night. What makes you think that?
Because I'm getting the 2 games I'm in confused.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Ugggh, too many witch-hunts.

First a big one on me, then a little one on Locus, then on JDTAY, who I still think is suspicious. At the time the bandwagon was starting, I would have to check, but I think he was even with the other lurkers he mentioned. Two posts with minimal content show only that he is paying attention. Now olliep13. I'm not convinced that he is anything more than a newbie, so I will refrain from jumping on that bandwagon.

I will look over the posts some time this weekend and see what I think, but for now I am pretty happy with my vote.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:00 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

ollie, how old are you, I get the feeling that you are 12-15 years old. No offense or anything, I was just wondering.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:15 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

In Mini 145, the other game that I was in, the game started at night, and 2 people died. I was also a default role in that game, and got the two confused.

I understand if you want to vote for me based off of that. It does seem sort of scummish.

On the other hand, even if I were a serial killer, I would still not know that there are exactly 2 people dieing each night. There could easily be other killers as well.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Going through the posts, I can't figure out who is townie and who isn't. I guess I will leave my vote on ZONEACE, as I would rather randomly vote out someone quiet than someone who posts a lot. If enough people decide that they want a safe lynch, or it looks like we won't have a lynch because I am stuck at 5 votes, I will be voting for myself.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

We seem to be getting nowhere fast. Could one of the townspeople please say something really scummy so we can lynch you?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:52 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

If I want a lynch today, who is the best person to put my vote on?

Should I be voting for myself here, or is there a better choice?

Although I don't mind people voting for me at this point, particularly those who think I might be scummy, I find PeaceBringer's insistence on a safe lynch a little odd.

If the argument is, "he is either a goon, or he is a townie. If he is a townie, we get something from the lynch, if he is a goon, we aren't that much worse off," that's acceptible; but the way he keeps saying it, it seems like his argument is, "He is a goon, so we won't be much worse off if we lynch him"

Although, I am a safe lynch, "No Lynch" is also a safe lynch (and also strictly better, if everyone is 100% sure that I am a goon), and we all know that "No Lynch" isn't good for the town.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:29 am

Post by HairyMezican »

I think an extension would be warranted as well
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:42 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Now's out chance!! Let's get him!!
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:28 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Dillemmas, Dillemmas.

Which one to take out while he's gone?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:37 am

Post by HairyMezican »

How is ZONEACE not a safe lynch, too?

If I do get lynched, I hope we have an investigative mafia memeber look into PB
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:36 am

Post by HairyMezican »

ZONEACE wrote:Well th is isnt really gonna do any good, but I'm a Goon. That PM example on the front page (i think its the second post) is the one that i got.
PeaceBringer uses the term "safe lynch" to mean we aren't going to hit anybody who has any useful roles. Both of us fit this description.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:25 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

After looking over the votes, I noticed that both ZONEACE and I are tied at 5, and 6 votes are needed to lynch. Although I think that of the 2 safe lynches, ZONEACE is the better candidate, I think the town is better off lynching me than having no lynch.
unvote: ZONEACE, vote: HairyMezican

If anyone else votes ZONEACE, I will probably rejoin that bandwagon, as I think it is the better way to go. I would prefer to get a safe lynch against someone who doesn't post that often over a safe lynch against someone who posts way too frequently.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:19 am

Post by HairyMezican »

unvote:HairyMezican

vote: ZONEACE
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:08 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Vote Count?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:15 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

I understand that, I'm just wondering what the likelihood of enough votes changing to get someone else. I would like a lynch today, but I'm wondering how much of a selection we have right now. I'm pretty sure both you and I are in range, and I'm wondering how close Coron is.

I'm not convinced you're not scum, but Coron's last post looks a littlle suspicious to me. Not because he's voting for me, but because it looks like he's trying to pull the old mafia trick of taking their vote off of someone they know is innocent. You haven't really made yourself look more innocent, but for some reason, he is now taking his vote off you? The timing looks a little suspicious.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:32 am

Post by HairyMezican »

3 kills? It doesn't really make sense for there to be more than 1 town faction. Do we have 2 serial killers, or does someone want to claim ownership of the melchizedek kill?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

After reading the thread over, Coron strikes me as the most suspicious; unvoting for someone you know to be innocent shortly before their inevitable lynch is a mafia tactic that I have seen used before. His post about JD and laz makes no sense either.

vote: Coron
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:02 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Okay, I would appreciate a summary here.

I am suspicous of Coron, as he unvoted ZONEACE, claiming he felt bad for starting that bandwagon. It just seemed that he knew for certain that ZONEACE was not scum.

Who are my other options, and what did they do?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:29 am

Post by HairyMezican »

Right now I feel like I am Nadering up the vote again.
unvote

I don't really find MoS that suspicious right now. So I don't think I will be voting for him.

I think JDTAY and joe are mostly ignorant right now instead of suspicious. No OMGUS votes for them.

Maximus does seem somewhat suspicious to me.
vote: Maximus

this vote is easily retractable.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

JDTAY wrote:Ignorant??? I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.
Didn't hear what?
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:44 am

Post by HairyMezican »

Maximus is claiming he has solid reasonining behind his vote for MoS. I'm wondering from whence this reasoning came. If it came from a night investigation, it seems odd that he put his vote on me at the start of the day. Ah, well. I will trust him for now.
unvote

vote: MoS
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:46 am

Post by HairyMezican »

works as a claim for me
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:02 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Genocide Heart wrote:
Right. Because you weren't pushing MoS before the deadline at all.

We're better off lynching the most suspiciou person, but right now you and MoS are pretty much tied.
Which is why you are voting for PeaceBringer, right?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”