iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 am

Post by iLord »

I'm wary of Electra - what she's doing is way too easy of a scum gambit for me to trust.

Additionally, didn't Patrick give us the vanilla town PM? It said nothing about powers after boosted. It'd be kind of odd for vanillas to be different from the mod example.
Eld wrote:Having said that, Electra gets bonus points for making such an early move.
Boost Electra
Um, no.

Vote: Eldarad

My proposed strategy is for us to just play normally, and then choose two people to boost after we find our lynch, based on how they played during the day.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 am

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:@ iLord - I don't think scum making a gamble page 1 day 1 is a common thing, but I could be wrong. :p Anyway, I'm including the example role PM vanilla under my second category. I assume that even those vanillas would get a boost in some way, although I don't know what it would be. In my case, it tells me I get information, and I love information. :p

I disagree about playing normally. I think this boost thing can be used to help the town, and it is to the town's advantage to figure out what's the best way to use it. Ignoring what boosts might do and just blindly voting for whomever we think is least suspicious seems like a waste. For one, these people might not get useful boosts. The second thing is that scum can also appear innocent, especially on day 1. They also have their scum buddies to support boosting them. Finally, we're going to want to know what the boost did to the best of the boostee's knowledge, so we can continue to use it effectively, so if we do boost a protown power role, then we would potentially have to out that role the next day.
"Scum can't gambit on the first page" is exactly what makes such gambits effective.

I get what you're saying about your role, but it just seems weird and inelegant to include vanillas that don't know their boost power, and vanillas that do.

How is boosting before having enough information to discern who is town going to help the town?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:16 am

Post by iLord »

Scum - claim vanilla with guarenteed benefit if boosted - take advantage of early game confusion to rally enough support for boost. Provide/"Provide" information.

Notice that information is one of the easiest abilities to fake as scum.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 am

Post by iLord »

aasdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:If someone thinks they should or should not be boosted they can say that before the lynch, but no specifics. It should be a combination of the candidate thinking they have a useful power and the group thinking they're pro-town.
This is a good point.
Raging Rabbit wrote:I think we should definitely discuss boosting as well vote, no reason whatsoever to both make the days a whole lot longer and make the discussions unconnected. I think people's opinion on who to boost can help a lot with scumhunting, especially after we'll have a confirmed scum.
Vote iLord for trying to prevent this.
We will - just later, after we have evidence for which to base our boast targets on. The discussions are very connected. Unless someone has a possible day power, there's no reason to boast before we have information.
RR wrote:Also, boost Electra. Could be a scumgambit, but I think this is testable enough to make it worth our while. We're basically as unsure about her as we are about anyone at this point, and considering her claim boosting her will gain as more info.
Testable?

Information is extremely hard to discern alignment from, if Electra tells the truth.
eldarad wrote:I disagree - I think by doing this we are failing to use a additional information that this boost-voting mechanism provides us.
(meh, turns out RR has stole my thunder. I'll go ahead and say it anyway)
The boosting gives us another 2 wagons per Day to analyse. These boostwagons, if you will, are just as good at creating links between players as regular wagons are. Trying to shut this part of the game down right off the bat doesn't sit well with me.
Having said that, my gut reaction is that this was an oversight rather than scumminess on iLord's part.
We still get boostwagons - just after we have information to base it on. Like I said, unless you suspect you will get a day ability, there's no pro-town reason to boost before information.

Scumhunting later, when I have more time.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:What's more testable than information? It'll be very easy to find out if what she supplies us with is true or false as the game progresses. Definitely easier to test than the unknown effects of boosting anyone else,
We test this how? By lynching the target she gets? You want the scum to get our boost AND our lynch?
RR wrote:They're connected, but there's no reason whatsoever they can't exist in parallel. In fact, they'll feed off each other. The reasons for boost voting before we have information are the exact same reasons for normal d1 voting.
I suppose there's no reason we can't start boostvoting people, but we should save the actually boosting until after the lynch target is decided. That way, we have the most information for accurate boost targets.

What I'm saying is that sure, we can start discussing boost targets, but not to boost anyone until we decided who to lynch. There, we can choose the best targets.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:I'm not sure the info is as accurate as an investigation result, but if she does claim to have caught scum with this, lynching him is clearly the right move. If he turns town we'll just lynch her the next day.
And if she claims to get an innocent?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 am

Post by iLord »

I need to reread - I'm completely at lost as to what's happening.

Post to come later today.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:11 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf

----------------------------

The whole three catagories thing is weak - it really doesn't read as a scum slip-up, which would be the only explanation for such action as scum. Reads like opinionated speculation to me - null tell.

---------------------------
TDC wrote:I'm not sure why ILord and RR are talking about guilties and innocents, when Electra's claim clearly said she'll get "information about the town", which I'd guess would be things like "There's X scum in the town" or "there are Y vanillas". Nothing she said suggested it's a cop investigation.
About the town?

That weakens its possible potenial quite a bit...

But it also limits the amount of influence she would have if she were scum.
Eldarad wrote:And, as Electra said, for a scum to make that leap of faith about the existence or otherwise of boostable vanilla townies, or whatever, is pause for thought.
Vanilla getting powers is just like goon getting powers, if it weren't for the sample vanilla PM.

This is a very good point, so I'll boost Electra later, unless she notes that being boosted now would be beneficial.
Eldarad wrote:I don't see how lynching before boosting gives us any more information - we won't learn the victim's alignment if we get a lynch majority before we've done the boosting thing. And we can't lynch Today without choosing two people to boost.
So I don't understand where you are going with this.
We'll just have more information from the wagon. Just like as the day goes on, we get a better idea of who's scum, we'll get a better idea of who's town as the day goes on.

--------------------------------

Really busy until the 25th, so more scumhunting then.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:57 am

Post by iLord »

@RR: The sample vanilla PM said nothing about specifying powers when boosted. Scum would have to make quite the leap in order to assume that certain roles would have that addition.

@Electra: Okay then - I'll boost you at the end of the day. I do see your reasoning for coming out now, though.

Mafia can have loads of abilities, just different ones from the town.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by iLord »

@sthar8: You're right that boosts cannot be taken back.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by iLord »

Post got cut off...

That is another reason why lynching before confirming a boost is better because in this game, as long as we don't boost, lynches can be taken back.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by iLord »

fl wrote:Regarding skillit's "attack" on Electra's argument, I think it has been misconstrued, the pun was there, and while cheeky and funny, it made it seem like you were making way too big a deal of it as you went on. I feel that if you have to explain your joke than it wasn't all that great to begin with, although I did like it.
Did this part say anything relevant? What is your opinion on skillit's "attack?" (which was more than just the pun). What bearing do you think it has on skillit or Electra's alignment?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:43 am

Post by iLord »

Jahudo wrote:You skipped me
Actually I didn't directly say you were town or scum for your claim, but you could be right about scum not being able to make a convincing lie that early. You're still a ways a way from a boost majority so I don't really see the hesitancy in some people to use their boost.

Boost Electra
Our hesitancy will offset the eagerness of others.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:Going out of your way to answer questions directed at others isn't a sign of not paying attention. I figure by turning it into a mistake and apologizing you where hoping to make it not appear as a scumtell anymore.
You didn't explain how you found that panicky - it didn't sound like a "OHMYGODI'MCAUGHT" post.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:32 am

Post by iLord »

I need to reread - I'm almost completely lost.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 am

Post by iLord »

Skillit wrote:@ilord -You mentioned confusion. Here is the issue as i see it. i made a joke about her just wanting to get a boost right after electra made her boost post. Incog took this joke as my immediately accepting her claim. in refuting this i made some more fun about how electra was a traitor in our last game. This is being construed as a feeble attack on her. to me the basic issue is "were the remarks some feeble attempt to attack Electra or were they more likely something else?" I feel like its come down to a "this was an attack!" versus "no, it really wasnt" but there is nothing i can really say because nobody seems to even be entertaining the possibility that they are wrong.
No, I understand your attack and the such.

But I really haven't retained enough knowledge from this game to scumhunt or make a knowledgeable post. I need to reread and to reindulge myself into the game.

I'm lost in that regard.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 am

Post by iLord »

Don't worry you guys, I'm working on a long overview on how I feel about everything. I have to get my thoughts in order and look closer at the beginning posts.

Post with a lot more content coming soon - really busy time for me.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:Will also post more soon. I'm not scum; don't worry.
Wow...
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:Srsly.
I was talking about the "Don't worry, I'm not scum" part.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:16 am

Post by iLord »

Incog wrote:I'm glad to see that someone finally at least commented on this. I was a bit surprised to see a bunch of people post within the same time frame of our exchange but seem to completely ignore the massive blocks of text that made up the previous page. I know iLord and Crazy in particular at least mentioned that they are currently working on some sort of summary post up until now, so I can at least excuse them for not commenting on it but others like Jahudo in particular continued right on posting seemingly oblivious to the current happenings. Electra didn't seem to comment on it either. I'd actually be very interested in learning people's opinions about springlullaby's case against me and my responses to it.
Yeah, really sorry about this - it's on another computer so I can't work on it all the time. It's coming (Likely tommorrow)
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by iLord »

Post almost done.

About done up to page 4. Have a scumlist and townlist developed.

Sorry for delaying it yet again.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by iLord »

Okay, here’s my notes. If you want more me to quote a post, specify a statement, or don’t understand a point, just say so and I’ll explain – my notes are kind of messy. My reads are generally preceded by what generated that feeling, but if you don’t understand why I suspect or think a player is town, be sure to ask. General notes on the bottom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electra:
Comes out with a very well reasoned post and has good reasons for her boost. As I’ve stated before, one good reason is that it would be it would be tricky gambit for scum to pull with little information. I didn’t initially see it as this, but my opinions changed with more explanation and scrutiny. Reading town. Thinks sthar8 is town. Minorly suspicious of Crazy

skillit:
Starts off with a joke about how Electra is desperate for power. Prods Electra for leaving out a category. Not much to say – a lot for necessary defense.

TDC:
Cautious of Electra and doesn’t want MC. Later is persuaded differently about Electra, and votes skillit. Thinks skillit is backpedaling.

sthar8:
Starts off with an interesting proposition to the town. Seems very hesitant of his idea, but his cautious language does not match with the bold scum gambit this could be. Reading town. Answers for other people, but reading as overeager. Agree with a lot of what he says. Can see his push on Crazy, but don’t agree with it.

eldarad:
Correct in that MC is too predictable for mod to overlook. Attacks skillit for his prod. Continues to push skillit, which is weird. Everything else logical. Gut reads TDC as scum. Reading very neutral.

Incognito:
Prods skillit for his Heroes joke – weak in my opinion. Continues to prod skillit, but also votes sthar8 for answering for other people. Not really as much of a scumtell as overeager behavior that happens to be antitown. Unsatisfactory answer of why he didn’t comment on Electra earlier – says that he was unsure – speculating about he scumminess of an action in thread is undeniably more protown then doing it alone. Good point about prodding fuzzylightning to figure out if he actually knew the game was started. Very good answer to reasoning behind sthar8 attack. Weak conclusion to springlullaby case. To Incognito’s question about why he didn’t talk about Electra, I ask: “What harm would it do to the town to speculate in thread?” Starting to lean scum on springlullaby. Defense was good except for two points still. Leaning slightly scum, mostly due to gut. Votes springlullaby – scumdar bings. Another example of destroying the weak points. Second suspect. Apologize can easily mean politeness. Funny thing, on this site, if someone’s polite, people immediately suspect that he is kissing up. :D! Incognito, you can change your opinion. You can state your initial opinions in thread, and then change them as you gather more information.

springlullaby:
Has a very vague post about Electra and TDC. I actually agree with what he’s saying. Attacks Incognito for not commenting on Electra – good point. Sticks with reading skillit as town. Continues to push case. A few good points, but mostly Incognito defended well. Poor misrep on Incognito about reserving judgment. springlullaby is too emotionally invested into this game. Would make a better case against Incognito if he dropped some of the weak points.

RagingRabbit:
Votes sthar8 for his explanation that he didn’t notice what he was doing. Weak, reading like he’s trying to jump on an easy wagon. Reading scummy. Especially since scum would have no reason to answer for other people, unless RR thinks the people sthar08 answered for are scum. Raging Rabbit continues to construe answering other’s questions as a scum tell. Reading pretty scummy. Still pushes… And Still pushes. Probably top suspect right now. Still pushing. And still pushes. Definite don’t like this push. Reading very scummy.

fuzzylightning:
Late coming, but with a very logical post, with some unnecessary speculation. Good analysis on the skillit attack. Due to Incognito’s point, reading town. Thinks Incognito defended well.

Crazy:
Like me, a little behind in the game. Votes skillit.

Jahudo:
Jahudo’s at the end of my list even thought he posted early because he’s just remained below the radar. Then, his post asking me why this game was hard to grasp for me caught my eye. I would like him to explain why he asked that question. My answer is that I skimmed some of the earlier posts and as a result couldn’t understand the latter ones. Jahudo’s replies to the Incognito/springlullaby thing was very unsatisfactory, looks like he’s picking random arguments to argue on. Reading scummy. Jahudo needs more scumhunting and less general commenting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I really think that the whole boost/lynch disucssion and the early skillit wagons were based on misunderstandings and several nulltell game theory opinions.

Too much focus on Springlullaby’s statistic. Town does that all the time, not indicative of scum.

Incognito vs. Springlullaby: Incognito defended well – two points (Why not comment on Electra and conclusion about springlullaby’s alignment) were valid. Overall reading springlullaby as a townie pushing too many weak points and Incognito as scum defending well and making a case look bad by blowing the weak points out of the water.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
Vote: RagingRabbit

Scumlist:

TOWN

. Electra
. sthar8
. fuzzylightning
. springlullaby
. eldarad
. Crazy
. skillit
. TDC
. Jahudo
. Incognito
. RagingRabbit
SCUM
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:12 am

Post by iLord »

ASD
Incognito wrote:Probably no harm at all but to you I ask an opposite question. What harm would it do to the town to not speculate in thread when I still eventually shared my thoughts anyway? Is it wrong to store Electra's first post in your own mind as a null tell and to wait to see more coming from her to come to a final decision about her page 1 claim especially when practically everyone else was talking about her anyway? What's wrong with trying to expand the conversation away onto other things that are not Electra when the Electra stuff was already being covered by others?
The benefit is that we know what your stated opinions are at a certain point of time and information. This information would be valuable to analyze when you claim, for example.
Incognito wrote:You've used a question and point that I raised with respect to fuzzylightning to arrive at the conclusion that he's likely town but yet you've still got me second from the bottom on your towniest to scummiest list? How exactly does that work?
That particular action was protown and makes sense. The scummy vibes I'm getting from your argument with springlullaby is much stronger. Just because I think your scum doesn't mean I can't acknowledge good points that you make. Scum and make good, protown points to blend in as town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Incognito wrote:Also please explain why my vote on springlullaby "binged" your scumdar. I also don't understand the portion about politeness either and why you think practically all of the points springlullaby has raised against me are weak but yet you still read her as town and me as scum who's defended himself well.
The excessive amount of doubt you put up behind the springlullaby vote and how you sort of built up to it read really scummy. The doubtful reasoning about how you are attacking him because you can't see his reasoning is a weak scummy OMGUS. Townies are very often mistaken in their cases. Here's the posts in question:
Incognito wrote:And I'm trying to take it as a positive sign because I know that my immediate impression from your attack on me is that it's slightly scummy for stretching the truth the way you have. Instead of immediately jumping to conclusions about your alignment, I'll continue trying to engage in conversation with you to see if you genuinely believe the points you're raising against me or if they're merely contrived and created to paint me in a bad light. Usually when someone makes a case against me, I can sometimes see where the person is coming from and why the person might think something I mentioned gave them a bad vibe.
But with you, I really can't see that, and I'm becoming more and more curious about what your alignment really could be.
Incognito wrote:
While I'd like to keep the pressure on sthar8 a bit longer as I still feel like he could be contributing a bit more (yes, yes I know he's mentioned that he's sick), I really do find myself most troubled with springlullaby's attack against me and am having a hard time believing it could be coming from town. I've been attacked before in past games, and I feel like I can usually understand what the person who's attacking me for has a problem with and can usually tell when an attack against me is a bit misguided. I've reread the thread a number of times and did a focused read on myself to see if I can genuinely find myself agreeing with the points springlullaby raised against me, and I just can't. I felt like a lot of the points she raised against me were very strongly exaggerated. Examples include the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Incognito wrote:You also seem to imply that there are some strong points out there against me that springlullaby could use against me to suggest that I'm scum but in your paragraph about me you say that you're leaning scum on me "due to gut". What exactly do you think are the strong points then?
Not commenting on Electra and dressing up your vote.
Jahudo wrote:I'm trying not to get in the way too much because they need to answer the parts that are directed to them. I feel that some people are not looking at this exchange enough, or at least we don't know if they are or not. But we are getting a good look at both of them and I think they could both be town.
Then why comment on it at all?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:35 am

Post by iLord »

Electra, about how many games have you played?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:45 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:What's wrong with trying to expand the conversation away onto other things that are not Electra when the Electra stuff was already being covered by others?
Because we want to have your opinion on record - we don't need you to force the conversation away - that'll happen on its own.

We also don't need you using this as an excuse.
Incognito wrote:That wasn't an action though. You're basing an entire read of a person off of the point that someone who you think might be scum brought up. That doesn't make any sense to me.
It makes sense to me, so I don't see why I shouldn't use it. On the flipside, are you saying that if you make a good point, you're automatically town?
Incognito wrote:I don't think this makes much sense either. One of your major points against me is how I didn't immediately share my thoughts about Electra's page 1 stuff. Your other major point essentially boils down to me sharing my thoughts about another player's attack against me in temporal order. So if I don't share my thoughts about someone immediately it's scummy and if I do share my thoughts about someone as those thoughts progress it's scummy too? You can't have it both ways.
In fact, these points actually fortify each other. You didn't comment on Electra, so we have no idea how scummy or townie your reactions could've been. But now that you do state town how you think about stuff as it happens, we can actually read you.

And you're reading like scum.
Electra wrote:A lot, but I had a three or so year hiatus and only just came back to the site. Things have certainly changed. :p
Weird, your last post had a lot of newb tells. Don't know what to make of it now.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:36 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:Nope, not saying that at all. Town and scum can both make good points like you said. My point is that if you were genuinely suspicious of me like you say you are, you'd take things that I say especially player read-related more with a grain of salt or you would scrutinize them a bit closer to make sure they hold some weight. You seemed to just accept my point about him fairly easily to base your town-read of him on, which really strikes me as counter-intuitive.
I consider any points carefully, it makes little difference whether they were made by suspicious players or confirmed players. And I do believe that what you are saying makes sense.

It's not a "read" tell that you made - it's a good point that weighs on some WIFOM, which I believe is unlikely for scum to pull.
Crazy wrote:Excellent point, though I believe the rest of Incog's defense more than makes up for it.
Cases don't work like that - any points that Incognito defends well against count as null, not as benefits. They can't outweigh the good points in the case against him.

For example, if I said that Incognito was scummy because he formats his post and he didn't comment on Electra. Then if he completely blows the formatting argument out of the water, does that lower the value of the Electra point at all?

Crazy, what do you think about RR's attack on sthar8?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:Well, there is a difference here. That point was from sthar, not from SL, who was the one attacking Incog. So I don't think it's quite the same thing.

And besides, voting someone based on that one point about whatever sthar said (I forgot, something about buddying up to SL or similar) isn't warranted.
Ah, I thought it was from SL.
Crazy wrote:It's crap and it's scummy. I guess I didn't make that clear enough.
I see.

What do you think about Incognito's alignment?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:I'm thinking town. I disagree with SL's case.
Most of it or all of it?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:I haven't even read all of it. After the first post by SL and the first post by Incog, I just skimmed it.
Ah okay. Keep us informed on your opinion after you have finished the case.
Crazy wrote:Even scum could have just agreed with an option by then. The fact that she's hesitant shows nothing.
Scum could also be afraid of agreeing with the wrong or scummy opinion.

But this does weaken the point some what.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by iLord »

@RR: Explain why answering for other people is indictive of scum alignment.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:26 am

Post by iLord »

FL wrote:To answer your question, the first time I read through it, I was just trying to see how the game was going and to get something written in the form of a post. The fact that I was confused by what was going on made me take a second, much closer look at everything that was said. When I read it a second time, I analyzed each post, point by point, and thats how I came up with my analysis of it. I still have the analysis saved on the computer, if you really want to see my thought process, but IMO it would take up way too much space in an already wordy game.

Thats all I have for now, look for more soon
If it was already on your computer, I would actually like to see it. Can you post it sometime?

@FL: FL look closely at your points. Even if you don't believe they negilible, drop the weaker ones.

The point of case is to convince people. In order to do so, you must also take into consideration the perspective of everyone else. Apparently, we all think Incognito is defending well - if you don't want your efforts to be futile, you have to reshape your attack.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 am

Post by iLord »

Eldarad wrote:Skillit - I didn't like, and still don't like, Skillit's attack on Electra early, based on such a flimsy base. Jokey or not. However, I do agree that one of the people on his wagon is probably scum.
Meh. unvote
Why are you unvoting?
Eldarad wrote:Crazy - as much as I like people agreeing with me, I am surprised that springlullaby pulled Incog up for referring to my opinion, but completely ignored Crazy doing the same in a much more blatant way.
I also don't like the continued assumption that Electra's "information" will be a cop investigation.
vote Crazy
Could you explain how this is indictive of scum alignment?
eldarad wrote:springlullaby - there is a lot in her case against Incog that I don't like:
- The implication that passive-aggressiveness is somehow scummy and/or less townie than the outright aggression that colour her own posts.
- The idea that asking questions where the purpose is not immediately clear is scummy.
- Ignoring the invented statistic, the idea that reaching a quick, gut read is better than keeping an open mind and not forming any judgement for a while.
- The whole issue of whether Incog's questioning style is intrinsically scummy, as opposed to it just being the way he scumhunts/plays mafia.
- Consistently accusing Incog of trying to 'turn the point around' or whatever (when I can't see that happening) and a substitute for
- The "why are you asking scum questions since they're going to lie" thing is stupid, and sl's refusal to accept that once it was pointed out to her.
- Using "proactive" as if it is the same thing as "aggressive"

There's not enough there to support a vote on sl, particuarly as I can't tell whether the artificial aggression is all a show to hide her alignment, or just someone who uses a different persona to play mafia from her regular personality.
So I take it that you agree with the other points?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:59 am

Post by iLord »

eldarad wrote:Well I didn't say I agreed with the other points. So that would be a strong assumption to make.
You did point out the points you didn't agree with.

So you don't agree with the other points?
RR wrote:iLord - why are you guiding SL on how to make a case? Is this some sort of passive support of his attack?
It's not passive - I wholeheartedly support the Icognito attack. The problem is that I don't agree with a lot of SL's points, and it seems as if the rest of the town does not agree either.
RR wrote:What in my posts made you think I voted sthar for answering questions directed at others rather than the manner in which he responded to this accustation? I restated my reasoning because I was asked to/argued with. Why is this scummy and what would you expect a pro town player to do?
If you're talking about his reaction, then I ask you: Why would a scum player react differently than a town player to an action that is not indictive of alignment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Incognito and SL need to calm down. I don't mean this in a condescending way, but Incognito needs to stop goading SL, and SL needs to loosen his emotional attachment to this game.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by iLord »

sadf
SL wrote:Yes, actually. I should note that I don't normally do lists so don't expect one from me in this particular game either, but I've been questioning iLord about some of the points he's raised in his 138 because I can't shake the feeling that some of his reads look contrived. In particular, I can't see how he could freely admit that a lot of the points raised in springlullaby's case against me were weak and mention that I defended myself well against her case (which, keep in mind, consisted of what he freely admitted to being weak points) but how I could still come out looking scummier than her in our exchange. From my experience, scum have a tendency to try and push weak cases against people in an effort to get them lynched but yet for some reason, iLord sees this as something particularly pro-town coming from springlullaby.
First of all, like I have said, weak points don't weaken the good points. You're scummy because of those good points.

Second of all, just read some of SL's recent posts after she started getting mad. Look at them and honestly tell me that those are coming from a scum mouth.
Incognito wrote:In direct contrast, in his read of you, he mentions something about you "still pushing.. and pushing.. and pushing", which I'm assuming is referring to what he feels to be a weak point being pushed by you repeatedly, but somehow comes to the conclusion that you're the scummiest player in the game at this moment because of that? I don't understand the double standard that he's applying here; i.e. why is it scummy for one player (RagingRabbit) to push what iLord considers to be a weak point against a particular player but not scummy for another player (springlullaby) to push multiple weak points against another player? Why is that "tell" that he's using not being used consistently in his own analysis?
Mafia is not a game judged by absolutes and too many players are drawn astray by supposed "set or universal scumtells." I look at each situation and determine it based on the details specific to each.

RR is pushing weak point consisitently. That is his only point. SL has several weak points, but two good points. And reading his posts gives off a giant town vibe - honestly, just read over it yourself.

It doesn't matter if you can't see how he could attack you for it - it doesn't matter if you can't see his perspective.

What does matter is whether town or scum would say the things he says in the way that he does.
Incognito wrote:The other thing that bothers me about his 138 is how clearly defined his ordering is from towniest to scummiest. I can state right now that there's at least 4 players in this game (RagingRabbit, TDC, Jahudo, and Crazy) who I still feel like I have absolutely no preliminary reads on. In fact, in his analysis of Crazy he mentions nothing positive about him at all (just a short one-liner) but somehow he's placed as number 6 on his list (and this was even before Crazy provided his large player by player analysis). I also don't really like how he seems to almost be coaching springlullaby on how to attack me.
6 is almost right in the middle, by the way...

But either way, you misunderstood the rigidness of the list. Other than the blue and red names, the ones in the middle are all pretty close.
Incognito wrote:Where have I goaded springlullaby?
You haven't as much goaded him as showing no apparent signs of pacifiying him. You're obviously a lot less emotionally involved, and so you must walk the higher ground.
RR wrote:If you wholeheartedly support it, why not attack Incogito yourself rather than sit in the sidelines and goad SL on? I mean, according to you he's obviously not doing it right...
Why have two cases against Incognito at the same time with the same points, albeit one with a little less than the other?

It would be like SL saying Incognito is scummy for A, B, C, D, and E, and then me making my own case saying that Incognito is scummy for A and E.
RR wrote:Incogito called it a scumtell and voted him based on it, sthar's exaggarated response is imo an implication of guilt. I've said this before more than once, dunno why you voted for me without even trying to figure out what I was actually saying.
Guilt? Are you attacking him for guilt? What's wrong with feeling guilty if you do something antitown?
RR wrote:Incogito makes a fair point.
"a"? Which one?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by iLord »

I just had a crazy idea that I might know the reason why sthar8 wanted a mass claim.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:34 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
TDC wrote:And.. would it be a good idea if you're right?
Maybe, it depends on how stupid the Mafia are.
Jahudo wrote:My current feelings: Electra, iLord look town; eldarad, incog and spring I feel gut town; skillet, TDC and sthar are neutral; RR and crazy getting slight scum. I don't have a read on fuzzy.
Please explain the difference between neutral and no read.
Jahudo wrote:Was your latest post contrived from thinking about sthar’s alignment and is there anything from the game that you can point to and then point to the claim?
No, it has nothing to do with sthar8's alignment. Yes, it has to do with what sthar8 said in thread.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:@ iLord- really? What noob tells, praytell? :p Also I'd like to hear more about this reasoning for a mass claim. At your discretion, of course.
Mostly on the common newb "I'm not getting a lot of reads from these arguments" if I recall correclty, I'll take another look at the post later.

I'm not seeing you guy's read on Crazy.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:14 am

Post by iLord »

Jahudo wrote:In the cases of the neutral reads, I've seen a mostly defensive skillet that hasn't been scum hunting enough, a TDC that isn't being very open with his opinions or train of thought, and a sthar that might have exaggerated suspicion on him so he's gone defensive too.

The difference with fuzzy is I keep forgetting how he's been involved in topics and I have to look at his posts separately. Several times I think he's just come after the topic has been discussed and he adds the same info, like in the case of Electra's claim, skillit's attack. So it will probably take more time to see how he's playing.
Okay. After you look at FL, I'd like to hear your read on him.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:05 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:It's really not my job to pacify her though (again, springlullaby is a girl so please stop calling her a "him" lol). All I can do is respond to the points that she's raised against me to the best of my ability and determine if her suspicion of me is really genuine in order to get a better read of her. And how could you say I'm less emotionally involved when springlullaby herself ended up unvoting me for taking offense to her flaming? What do you think of her unvote, btw?
Sorry, I keep on forgetting. It's not your job to pacify her, but doing os will result in a more enjoyable game.

I don't get how you could be more emotionally involved then SL - she's geting pretty intense. You're remaining rational. Getting emotionally involved is a bad thing - it distorts judgement.

Did she really unvote?
iLord wrote:Also, I'd really like for you to explain your whole thought process as thoroughly as you possibly can that caused you to go from "Electra's page 1 claim is way too easy of a scum gambit for you to trust" to you reading her as practically confirmed town.
It's actually really simple - someone brought up the point (I think it was Eldarad) that scumElectra would have to make quite the leap of faith in terms of set-up speculation. What benefit could the scum recieve when boosted to justify what would be a very gutsy and risky scum gambit.

I will note that if my theory about the set-up is correct, Electra would have to be scum. That being said, I don't really think said theory is correct, but we'll see soon enough.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

Post by iLord »

iLord wrote:However, since others might like to know the answer to this question:
At this point, I wouldn't advocate massclaiming solely to test my setup theory. Part of the reason it might have worked was that scum would not have had an opportunity to gain any information from townie posts yet. There have been too many hints dropped in the meantime. Also, the initial reaction to the proposal gives me significant reason to doubt my guesses. The fact that no one had come up with the same theory as me suggests that I was either wrong, or that no one else was giving the setup as much thought as I was. I'm not going to gamble on the assumption that I was right where everyone else disagrees.
My theory's different?

Does Electra's claim strengthen your theory?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by iLord »

sthar8 wrote:In fact, her claim only really supports my theory if she is town.
Ah okay. My theory could be altered to allow for Electra, but that would result in quite the inelegant set-up.

I actually think my theory is closely related to yours except for the fact that may role would disprove yours.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by iLord »

TDC wrote:I remember you saying you'll boost Electra later on. Has this changed, or do you think that we have "quite the inelegant set-up"/your theory is wrong?
I think that my theory is wrong, personally.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
RR wrote:Yup, scum make an active effort to appear pro town while town are more concerned with looking for scum, so obviously scum have a much stronger sense of guilt when they are called on an anti-town play. For them, it means their town-act failed, while town are more inclined to think it's the other guy's fault for not reading them correctly.
However, both in hindsight and considering his latest comment, I think sthar's massclaim speculation is a pretty strong sign that he's town. Unvote.
That's weak logic - if one of them had a stronger sense of guilt, it would be town because they would feel guilty for harming to town - their faction.

Good job backing up finally, after someone attacked you for it. My suspicions of you do not falter.
SL wrote:This post is peculiar because what it does is asking for people to justify their vote on skillit, while he himself has made no commitment as to his thought on skillit's alignment - note here that this imo is in itself is a display of scumminess from Incognito, I will also further speculate that what happened there is that Incognito was been sly and he was defending skillit without seeming to, I acknowledge however that the last is a judgement call.

And to conclude, I'd like to point to skillit's boosting Incognito for absolutely lame reason. It does feel like a piece of a puzzle just failing into place, doesn't it?
Hmm, something to ponder, no doubt. I'll have to reread Incognito's posts myself once I find some time.
RR wrote:It would also be you refining his case and getting actively involved in the attack of the player you claim to think is scum, rather than sitting in the sidelines and coaching SL while letting her take all the heat.
I've already pointed out which points I feel were good against Incognito. Incognito and I have discussed them. Why should I make a formal "case" instead of helping SL refine hers?

"letting her take all the heat"? Are you saying that I have not been vocal about my opinions and suspicions regarding Incognito? Are you saying only the player that formally pushes a quote-by-quote "case" against a player is under the spotlight?
RR wrote:In addition to what I already answered, turning it into a moral issue which sthar as a good townie felt he was compelled to apologize for takes the matter of him being scum out of the equation.
I don't really get what your saying here. So you think guilt was a nulltell?
RR wrote:I'll ask again since you didn't quite answer this one - much of your reason for suspecting me seems to be that I "pushed" my point against sthar repeatedly. However, I did that because I was repeatedly questioned about it by other players. What is the pro town course of action in this case that would'nt have made me look scummy to you?
Admit that your point was weak once you realized it.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:27 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:You're saying I wasn't attacked for it before? That's interesting, see below.
Someone attacked
you
for it. My vote is apparently enough to show that I mean buisness.
TDC wrote:You definitely let her play the main role in the attack, while your own role was to coach her and calm her down. you addresed your posts to SL and avoided direct conflict.
What does it matter who played the main role?

Some of my posts were directed to SL to help her reshape her case.

Others were between Incognito and I about the points I thought were valid.
RR wrote:What's not to get about in addition?
I'm still confused. In addition to what you said before, you think that it's a null tell?
RR wrote:But I didn't think my point was weak, which is why I argued back.
Although I have no way of proving it, I'm fairly sure that you realized that your point was weak after a few prods about the validity of your point.
RR wrote:You're completely contradicting yourself, above in bold you attacked me for submitting to pressure and taking my case back as soon as I was pressed on it, and here all the sudden I'm to blame for being pressed on it and not taking my case back. I think your main concern is to make me look bad, and you're content to use two opposite views to help yourself achieve that goal. That's not the way a town player acts. Vote iLord.
This is not only untrue, it's being used as a defense mechanism, something that votes should not be used for. This is completely scum blowing up under pressure, throwing a vote at your attacker.

I'm happy behind this vote.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:34 am

Post by iLord »

Electra, you need to avoid looking at Crazy in a vacuum. Scumtells that you have experienced may not be effective here in this situation. Other stuff may be part of Crazy's normal playstyle. You need to imagine what type of Crazy would say the stuff that he's staying, and not ook for stuff that you have been told, or have expereinced as "scumtells."

I myself am not getting any scum vibes from Crazy right now - I sense genuine boredom - he's expressed as much in other games.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:51 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
eldarad wrote:Ah, I see what you're trying to get at now. I don't think I agree though - I don't think you can keep a running scorecard that just count the good points and then discard the poor points. Surely the poor points can indicate a lack of sincerity in the person making the case?
Eldarad, think about it - how can poor points decrease the value of the good points!

Poor points can sometimes be used to show a scum-driven case, but most of the time, townies bring up poor points more (Doesn't mean that it's a town tell, though).
Eldarad wrote:I don't think it was genuine 'mad.' (Although, reading #221, maybe I completely misread this...maybe I'm reading uncharacteristic anger, rather than fake anger.) I also don't accept that point that only townies get annoyed.
You really don't think it's genuine? I get no such sentiment.

Only townies get annoyed if the person their pushing is destroying their case. Scum would react quite differently, namely continuing to push the crap points or to drop it all together. Only a townie would resort to insults.
Eldarad wrote:You also voted for me in that post. When I came up with my 'leap of faith' thing to suggest that Electa probably isn't scum you completely ignored it. If you had changed your mind following my post 32, I would have expected you to mention it. Instead, posts 36 (in which you responded to other parts of my post 32), 39 and 41 fail to even acknowledge that I had discussed why I thought Electra was townie, and certainly don't indicate your agreement with what I said.
That makes me think that you didn't agree with it at the time and it is only now, when the majority of players have agreed with my logic, that you have chosen to voice agreement.
My opinion changed at Post 55 after TDC pointed out yor point. I did not acknowledge it simply because I skimmed over it and didn't read it (Such action was the cause behind me falling hopelessly behind).

From your point of view, this point would be valid - I'm can only explain why my opinion changed where it did.
Eldarad wrote:But if you think Incog is scum, and that SL is missing points that indicate that Incog is scum, or else is presenting those points badly, it would make sense for you to intervene, wouldn't it?
As it is, you've been commentating from the sidelines, rather than pushing a case against Incog. In the first of the quotes in this post, you are asking me whether there are some of springlullaby's points that I agree with...there's no mention at all of any of your points...

unvote
vote iLord
I am intervening - I pointed out my points and I'm helping SL shape her case. My points are within SL's points - there's a reason why I asked if you agree with any of SL's points.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:In addition to what I said before, by apologizing and turning the attack to a moral issue, sthar takes the scuminess of his actions out of the equation and displays himself as a repenting townie. Therefore the apology is also a non-direct defense, which serve stharscum's interests.
I think Occam's razor serves us best here - maybe Sthar8 says he's sorry,
because he genuinely feels sorry
, rather than this dissembling you state that he's doing.
RR wrote:I like how you bring up me "blowing up under pressure" and all that jazz here to avoid explaining what makes it untrue, since you evidently haven't figured out a way to try and explain your contradiction away yet.

In the same post, first you say I'm to blame for taking back my case as soon as I was attacked, then all the sudden I actually was attacked earlier and am to blame for not taking my case back. Explain how that's untrue.
I thought I had explained it, but I in fact had not.

There is no contradiction - you are scummy for pushing the point against sthar8 in the first place. Not taking back the attack after the other players pointed out it's weakness when I believe you realized it was scummy confirmed that it was not a town mistake.

Now, as soon as I back up my stance on your attack with a vote, you back out of the spotlight, stating that you just found that your vote was not in fact a scumtell.

I do admit it's not really "blowing up." It's more like how I would've expected you to act as pressured scum - attempting to set-up contradictions in my speech to defend against my attack, all the while backing off the point my original case was based upon.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:27 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:He didn’t unvote after any particular pressure but after something that sthar did which had occured after amounting pressure but might not be related. I’m still not sure the unvote was as serious as the initial vote.
He said "In hindsight along with his latest comment" or something like that. "hindsight" is a key excuse for scum to back off.
RR wrote:That logic can be applied to each and every scumtell possible. "Maybe he said X because he genuinely thinks X?" Yes, it's obviously possible, but X is also a comfortable tactic for scum imo and therefore worthy of suspicion.
First of all, it can't be applied to all scumtells - scumtells are by definition actions that are indictive of scum.

Second of all, just because it can be applied to some scumtells doesn't mean that it should. It is needed here because it's ridiculous to assume that RR is thinking all of this when he could just feel guilty, something that is not unusual among townies.
RR wrote:So I realized I was seen as scummy but didn't take it back, which according to you is scummy, but then all the sudden you OMG vote me and I become panicked scum and unvote?

If I was already aware I was under negative attention and chose to stick with my opinion, why would one vote make me go all panicked? This is just really contrived.
You're not looking at my points.

The two backing offs are different - backing off after your point is attacked and shown to be weak is good pro-town action. Not backing off after you realize that your point is weak, and then backing off after someone attacks you with a vote is scummy. It's what scum do when they are attacked for attacking another player for a weak reason.

The basis behind my attack is that the backing offs are different - you can't look at them alone, but you have to look at them in context.
RR wrote:Another misrep, I never said that I no longer consider it a scum tell. I said that integrating another factor into the picture makes sthar look a lot less likely to be scum now.
I don't remember you saying this.

What other factors would this be?
RR wrote:What's the "orignial point" I'm trying to avoid, pray tell? All I see is two seperate points that completely contradict each other and a contrived explanation trying to link them.
Your continued attempts to twist my attacks are noted - scum scrambling for methods of defense no doubt.

The original point was the folly of your suspicions, to which you have already conceded.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Note that I’m numbered arguments for easy discussion.
RR wrote:Yup, obviously only scum look at things in hindsight... But wait, if I were to take back my point after being first questioned like a townie would've done according to you, wouldn't that be "hindsight" as well? Good thing you're not contradicting yourself.
1. Scum are not the only ones that look at things in hindsight – townies do it all the time. But scum are the ones that most commonly use hindsight as an excuse to back off a point. Townies do not say: “I was wrong before and I should’ve changed before.” Townies say: “I am wrong now and I should change now.” Your filling the scum mold that I’ve predicted for you perfectly.

You're still trying to group the backing-offs together - you cannot - they are fundamentally different.
RR wrote:Give me one tell that the "but maybe he's simply town and blah blah blah..." explanation can't be applied to.
2. To get on the extreme side, say a player claims scum. Occam’s Razor would justify that the simplest solution is that said player is scum, rather than gambiting townie, and such use of Occam’s Razor here is practical.

Good job ignoring the other line I said about how just because Occam's Razor can be applied, doesn't mean it should, and why Occam’s Ravor should be applied in this case.

[quote"RR"]1. Being questioned and suspected about a case tends to lead to being voted for it. The two backing offs aren't inherently different, if I was inconfident scum with a made up case it makes a whole lot more sense for me to back up as soon as questioned (like you claim a good townie should do) rather than stick with it and wait for further attacks. After I chose to stick with it, one single vote is by no means a cause for enough panic to make me run away from my case as you suggest. The scum thought proccess you're trying draw here makes no sense whatsoever.
2. If you'll check the facts, I didn't unvote as soon as you voted me nor because I stopped believing I had a point. I unvoted after sthar answered a question about his massclaim speculation that made me look back on his former (unrelated to my case) suggestion for it and perceive it as a towntell.
[/quote]

3. Why must scum be unconfident? Questioning =/= Thinking said player is scum. Continuing to push for it is sort of a gambit - if you can convince other players, then you can actually bring a good deal of suspicion on a player, especially if said player explodes or otherwise flails under pressure. One single vote is enough to say that “I think your point is indicative of scum”, something that no other player that questioned you said or indicated. You realized that I actually caught on to you, hence your attempt to back out of the spotlight. The scum process I am drawing makes perfect sense.
On another side, I believe that the backing offs are fundamentally different – it matters not if you believe they are not. As long as I believe that they are different, there is no contradiction.

4. No, you didn't unvote as soon as I voted you. After I made it clear that I was confident that you were scum, you attempted to mitigate the brunt of my attack by backing off.

5. I must admit that I am still unclear on your standing about the sthar8 point.

What bearing do you currently feel it has on sthar8's alignment?

RR wrote:That's because you're more concerned with making everything I say look bad than with actually reading it. (Your initial attack suggested I was voting sthar8 only for answering for others, which I never even said and yet you blamed me for pushing it multiple times).

The other factor is his massclaim specualtion.
6. Nice job attacking my case without bearing in the first sentence there. Easy scum move to try and weaken my case by attacking my motive. Please note that motive has very little matter in the making of a case, except for the other players to look more carefully at the points – lack of apparent pro-town motive does not weaken the points at all, as long as the points ring true.

7. My initial attack suggested that you were attacking sthar8 for answering for other people. When you said that his guilt was the real reason for your attack, I destroyed that argument as well – you have yet to explain how guilt makes sense as a scum tell over a town tell, instead resorting to attacking my theory rather than the actual point, of which you ignored.

8. If you can, elaborate on how his massclaim speculation is indicative of town.
RR wrote:1. I never did.
2. So your case revolves around not liking my original point, with no relation to what happened afterwards?
9. You asked for my original point, and I answered.

Your further reactions to my pressure including your horribly reaching attempts to justify my "contradiction" have just added to my confidence.

---------------------------------------------

Let me ask you a few questions:

10. What have I done that you feel is indicative of scum?
11. What do you feel a townie should've done in your position once they realized that the point they were pushing is weak?
12. What do you feel about Eldarad and Incognito’s suspicions of me?
13. What do you feel would be the most pro-town action for you if you realize that my points are valid?
14. If not explained above, why do you feel that contradictions are indicative of scum?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito, what do you think about SL's being really pissed off during you guy's first discussion? If you discussed this already, I must've missed it, but what bearing, if any at all, do you think such emotion (or feigned emotion if you think so) has on SL's alignment?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:If it still isn't clear, I maintain that sthar's apology post reads scummy. I unvoted him because I believe his massclaim sepcualtion reads town.
Ah, okay. Somehow that didn’t click until now.
RR wrote:I never even said I was wrong, no idea what you're trying to say here.
See above.
Already answered.
Indicative of scum =/= what you believe to be antitown actions.
I can’t seem to recall or find where you explained your reasoning behind the MC speculation. Could you repeat it?
RR wrote:Motive has a bearing on you being scummy, cases presented by scum are somewhat less convincing.
It may be less convincing, but it wouldn’t weaken the magnitude of my points at all.
RR wrote:Actually you were the one who blamed me for trying to divert attention from your original point. Do you think the "I don't like your case" point is in any way convincing and worthy diverting from? Why ask me a million different questions instead of concentrating on your original point if you don't want it distracted from?
I don’t get what this has to do with what you quoted.
I’m not diverting attention from my point – Contrary to what you believe, I’m actually trying to find out something from the questions I ask. More points against you would convince more people that you’re actually scum.
RR wrote:That's like the most loaded question ever. How would you ask that if you weren't scum, huh?!
You know what I mean – what would a townie have done if they realized that they were wrong?
RR wrote:Completely and utterly false. If this was true there'd be no such thing as a contradiction.
Explain. According to the definition of a contradiction, I’d have to have to be stating conflicting ideas. My ideas are not conflicting. It matters not if you say that you can jump into my mind and say that I’m actually thinking that they are – by my definition and classification of the backing offs, they are different.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’ve dropped some of my questions at the end because you’ve actually answered satisfactorily.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Incognito wrote:I think genuine frustration can certainly be a town-tell depending on the circumstances. To me, springlullaby didn't seem frustrated though. I mean, I can't even think of a reason why she'd be frustrated when she had no real pressure placed on her, and I don't think anyone was really provoking her to such a degree where she'd become frustrated. Instead, she began resorting to personal insults and flaming, which I actually think is more likely to come from scum than town.

Also, aside from that, I'd really like for you to read this comment from another game made by Battle Mage who was referencing his meta-experience with springlullaby: BM in Nice Shot! Mafia and here is the game he was referencing: Mini 561 - R-1000 Mafia. In Nice Shot! Mafia, BM specifically mentions that she came off as extremely aggressive towards him in Mini 561 where she was the Mafia GF pushing for his lynch (you can read through the game on your own if you'd like. BM was correct). BM ended up switching his vote to springlullaby in Nice Shot! and was 100% correct about her being scum in that game. So no, I think springlullaby's overly aggressive, pissed off behavior can certainly come from a scum her, and I still think she's scum in this game.
Really?

I'll look at that link later, but if SL is known to fake anger, then that would drastically make me reevaluate my read of her.

Jahudo wrote:A few of iLord's questions and comments on RR look to me like he is drawing conclusions without looking carefully enough at the information. For now, just a
FoS: iLord
Um, that's not a scumtell.
RR wrote:If you really thought I was trying to back away from your original point, you'd be pushing that more and the stuff I brought up to "distract from it" less. However, your original point isn't convincing at all and your case is dependant on moving discussion to other matters, which proves your above quote contrived as well.
My original point was that your push was scummy because the action wasn't scummy.

You said you were pushing for the guilt.

I said that guilt wasn't scummy.

That was how the main argument evolved - it's gotten dropped somewhere along the line.

I was attacking you for backing off the above point - I'm pushing mutliple other lines of attack because apparently my case against you isn't convincing anyone, mostly because I'm losing this argument fairly badly.

@The Rest of the Town: Do you think Guilt is indictive of scum?

RR wrote:This question is still loaded, as well as irrelevant. There's more than one possible reaction for "a townie", the best one being to say so and unvote.
And what would scum do once they realized that they were pushing a weak point?
RR wrote:Contradiction in this game is a subjective term. I have strong doubts about your alignment, so taking everything you say at face value would be a severe mistake. Saying that everyone should the accept the "it's not a contradiction because I say so" statement is completely false.
Normally, of course, you can't just take my word for it. However, the crux of your contradiction point is based on my definition of each of the backing-offs. Therefore, you have to judge not whether or not you agree with my definitons, but whether or not I genuinely feel that way, which is not what you have been.

Eldarad wrote:Precisely because the poor points can give insight into the motivation behind making the case - is it to scumhunt, or to get an easy mislynch?
The consequence of your suggestion is that if a player who has claimed to be scum made some "good points" we should take them seriously as the bad points (ie, they are confirmed scum) do not cancel out the good points...
EXACTLY! First of all, motivation does not decrease the value of the points. Second of all, if a confirmed scum gave us good suggestions, and we found those suggestions valid, then why wouldn't we follow them?

I was actually about to use this example. :D
Eldarad wrote:I really don't think it is genuine.
I also really don't think you are in a position to make such definite, sweeping statements about all townies and all scum.

I am not convinced by iLord's idea that RR's "backing off" was due to iLords pressure AND is indicative of scum.
Anyone is in a position to say anything and not have the magnitude of the point affected in the slightest.

Weird switch to third-person there.
Eldarad wrote:OK, so I guess a better question is this:
Regardless of whether you agree with iLord's opinion, due you believe he sincerely holds that opinion (even if he is wrong)?
Not to sound condescending, but good job! You said basically what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately, you said it before I did, which you shouldn't have.

sthar8 wrote:1. He continually pushed RR to back off from his attack on me (Do I need defending? How are you so sure of my alignment?), but once RR admitted that his read has changed, iLord started pushing him for changing his mind. While it would be reasonable to continue pushing based on your original points, attacking someone for cooperating seems really odd.
Cooperating is something any alignment can do.
sthar8 wrote:2. I really didn't like how he attempted to discredit Electra's opinions with an ad hominem attack aimed at her experience. I especially didn't like how vague he was in describing these tells, combined with his remarks to RR, Electra and Incog about how tells cannot be blindly and uniformly applied.
They were vague, and I can't really explain it, but a lot of Electra's overview posts give me huge newb reads.
RR wrote:If he's town yes, if he's scum most probably no. I believe his points contradicting each other combined with his contrived explanation for it makes him more likely to be dishonest (and therefore scum) than anyone else at this point.
Ah, so you don't believe me.

Then what more could I say? I've shown how it is not based on my definiton. You don't really believe I hold those definitions. It's for the rest of the town to judge.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by iLord »

Guardian wrote:About boosting -- I don't really see why everyone has been so cautious to boost. To me it makes sense to boost those who you find most likely to be town, the only important thing is to not get to a boosting majority too early. It is just like voting -- there is no reason to be cautious with voting unless someone is near a majority, I see no reason to be cautious with boosting unless someone is near a majority. Is there a reason you disagree with that?
Contracting my previous belief about boosting, the comparison between Voting and Boosting majority is good - in normal games, we aren't afraid of voting.

I'm going to look over the game for a sec and find who I want to boost.
Guardian wrote:ilord, why do half or more than half of your posts start with "asdfasdf"?
To get to the preview screen, where I type most of my posts.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by iLord »

I would boost Electra and sthar8, but since Electra's refraining at B-1, I'll boost my next choice.

Boost: sthar8

Boost: springlullaby
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by iLord »

I mean:

Boost: Guardian
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by iLord »

Sthar8 wrote: Exactly. So why attack him for it?
You misunderstand what my point was – my point was that cooperation does not make a player more town. I was reading him as more scum because of his sudden cooperation in response to my vote – I’m still pushing for him to elaborate on his reasoning there. Which reminds me:

@RR: Could you please explain how the massclaim stuff made Sthar8 look more town? You state that you mentioned it, but I can’t seem to find it.
Sthar8 wrote: But why bring that up, if not to discredit her opinions? It's not like how new she is to the game will affect how likely we are to lynch her.
I don’t believe I’ve discredited her opinions. I just haven’t found them noteworthy.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by iLord »

Answering arguments right now - looking at everything else later.
Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why do you think Guardian is #2 or #3 most likely to be town?
Based on my read of SL.
RR wrote:Well, attacking me for backing off a point while backing off said point yourself to sound more convincing doesn't sit well with me.

What do you mean by "losing the argument"? Did your read on me change in any way or are you just "losing" because of lack of popular support?
I'm not backing off said point. I'm saying that somewhere along the line that line of questioning was dropped - I'm still working on the guilt topic, which is what the main point has delved into.

I'm losing because my case isn't convincing anyone.
RR wrote:I wish things were this simple. There isn't one scum course of action, it depends on a multidute of factors that are very hard to define and evaluate. The main difference is that from a scum viewpoint, it doesn't matter whether you believe your point is strong or not , but rather if that point succeeds in making you good and townies look bad.
Let's rephrase - what would most scum do or what would you predict scum would do once they were called on a point they knew was weak. The scum does not know the effectiveness of his point, only that its weak basis is being attacked.
RR wrote:Turning this into a matter of not believing you is a nice twist, but every contradiction in this game can be explained by "from my point of view, the two don't contradict" which creates the same "trust" dillema. The only way I have to determine whether I believe you is according to how convincing your explanation for why your points don't contradict each other is, and since that explanation (two - now possibly three - very similar backing offs being "inherently different" and giving you completely opposite reads in a way that just happens to correlate with your case for me being scum) is imo completely unconvincing, your case appears contrived to me and I "don't believe you". Therefore this totally is a matter of how convincing your definitions are, since that is the only way I have really to determine if I believe you hold them.
Don't act as if I'm twisting your argument - I've merely established that the crux of our argument is not based on disagreement or misunderstanding, but reads. You don't believe that the way I presented my case and explanation is convincing, and I have done my best to explain them. If you could point out where you specifically find my definitons fail, then by all means point them out and I'll do my best to explain them.

Okay, I got your sthar8 point (That part of the reason I think he is town as well), which I get, so that takes out my backing-up point. I was under the impression that it was something sthar8 did recently, and not on the first few pages, hence my confusion. Dunno how I missed it though.

Incognito wrote:1) I still feel like iLord's reads in his 21st post look really contrived. Reasoning:

a) I can't see how he can list me as his second scummiest read but then use a point I brought up with respect to fuzzylightning to determine he's third towniest. He's tried to explain this a number of times, but I really don't buy the explanation.
b) Despite what me mentioned about his towniest to scummiest list not being as etched in stone as it looks, he still created one, and I still have a hard time determining how he was able to place people like fuzzylightning, Crazy, TDC, and Jahudo who had not really contributed much at the time in such a rigid order.
c) His points are inconsistent. He didn't like Raging Rabbit because he mentioned that RR kept pushing the same weak point over and over again (Raging Rabbit responded to this well mentioning that he was repeatedly asked to clarify this point and that's why he kept mentioning it), but he listed springlullaby as one of his towniest despite the fact that iLord conceded that SL's points against me were mostly weak. There's a discrepancy there.
I've repeated a) over and over again. It's part of the incorrect ongoing "motive weakens points" dogma that seems to be floating around in this game.

b) is just weak - I've already explained that they are not rigid.

c) Why is that a discrepancy? Are you saying that you can take a set list of scumtells that you can apply to each person and situation? Each situation must be evaluated individually - the key to good scumhunting is not to look at the action, but whether or not townies would actually do what they do, including mistaken townies or learning townies. I'm not very good at this yet, but I feel that I'm on the right track this game.
Incognito wrote:2) I didn't like iLord's coaching of springlullaby, and his goading of our argument from the sidelines. I can think of no pro-town reason for a player who supposedly doesn't know another player's alignment to coach another player on how to attack someone. I look at coaching as a major scum tell because I think the only way you can coach someone in a game of Mafia is if you have inside knowledge about the coached player's alignment (whether it be town or scum).
What about wanting the coached player's case to succeed?
Incognito wrote:3) His initial opinion about Electra's claim (in which he even went so far as to vote eldarad for siding with Electra) dramatically changed from his current opinion (in which he mentions that he basically agreed with the points the person he previously voted for for accepting her claim so readily brought up).
Motive doesn't weaken points, and Eldarad's correct logic both eliminated my suspicions and changed my view on Electra.
Incognito wrote:Damn, that must have been a quick read. What did you think of those links?
Haven't read them yet.
Jahudo wrote:Um, I think scum and town could draw conclusions without looking into the info but scum know who's not scum and have to make them look scum somehow.
But you said that I was drawing poor conclusions.
Guardian wrote:Someone remind me to comment on this after rr/iLord does.
Rawr.
Guardian wrote:Reading back over the game, one thing that disturbs me is that he could be buddying with sth. I am reevaluating whether their connection is really two-ways or is rather one way. Particularly post 78 I did not understand why he was defending sth. iLord?
I was defending sthar8 because his action wasn't scummy, and I was under the impression that RR was pushing an attack against him for that point. sthar8's post was not a scum freaking out to a baseless attack - it was a player (I believe to be town) apoligizing for doing something antitown.

----------------------------------------------

Maybe post later, but due to CPU Error, I could only look at the last page and couldn't click on any of thel inks.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by iLord »

sthar8 wrote:This is not a sufficient answer to the question I asked you.
I must be missing something then - I believe you asked why was I discrediting her opinions?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Guardian wrote:Regardless of what you thought -- why not let him defend himself?
I do believe that I was defending as part of my attack against RR. I think he said something about how sthar8's post was panicking and that justified his attack, and then I said that it wasn't panicking.
RR wrote:But if I was trying to make you drop that line (how?), and you "caught on to that", why allow it to get dropped and not pursue it?
I can't remember where it was dropped - or even who dropped it. Now that I've realized it, I've resumed pursuing it.
RR wrote:See above. If you want reactions I'd perceive as scummy, some obvious ones are to jump drop the case point blank without explanation and start attacking someone else, or to continue pursuing the same subject but with completely changed reasoning you. Again though, this is not something I "predict scum would do". I can't predict what scum would do.
I'm trying to get your specific opinion on how scum would react to such a situation. You don't have to be scum to answer that question - to make it that you can answer how would you react if you were scum.
RR wrote:Again, the part that doesn't make sense to me the most is:
Backing off after being questioned = town
Backing off after being "seriously" voted for = scum
Backing off after a vote that hasn't yet been proven serious = also town, or at least way town-er than the former case

I severely doubt your to have such an extreme distinction between very similar actions, that just happens to correlate with your case on me. I think you came up with those distinctions as a defense for my original attack on your contradiction.

I'd like you to commnet more on what makes such minor differences comepletely change your "read".
Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

Backing off once a point is proven to be weak, once you realized that you've done something wrong, or once you realize that your point is weak, is town (you've agreed on this point). Signals are this are acknoledging your point is weak, and pointing out how you are wrong and how you realized.

Backing off after being attacked (the player thinks your scum) is a scummy action and looks completely different from backing off of a weak point. Some ways that it is different is like when you pointed out another point as a reason to back off, and when you mentioned that you are looking in hindsight.

I don't understand the where the last of your listed backing off comes into play.
Incognito wrote:iLord, I think you mentioned you played Mafia previously on MTG. Can you link to some games where you were scum and those where you were town?
I will later - really busy right now.
Guardian wrote:All: I asked for people's thoughts about three specific things about Incognito. I would appreciate hearing them.
Didn't see this - later as well, after I read up on the Guardian/Incognito stuffs.
sthar8 wrote:But why bring that up, if not to discredit her opinions?
I was mentioning my view - I didn't read her as scummy or town, but as a new player.

More to come after I catch up in other games.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Electra wrote:FOS for the very quick boosts.
Another example of a newb tell. This is a classic example of looking for scumtells and not scum.

Probably no more today.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:06 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:Again, that doesn't follow with your earlier accusation that I'm intentionally trying to drop it.
I said that you were trying to shift attention away from it. And how successfully you have done that!
RR wrote:1. Your question was "what would scum do", not "what would you do if you were scum".
2. What I would do depends on who my buddies are, what tactic I have in mind and what mood I happen to be in at the time. Since I'm town here, I really couldn't tell you.
RR, how do you scumhunt? Do you not figure out what scumplayer would do in a certain situation and see if player matchs his scum mold? I'm asking for what scumtells would you be looking for if a player is called out for a weak point.
RR wrote:Right here.

Before I argue this further - now that you realize I never really backed off the point but unvoted based on an unrelated one, do you still find my unvote suspicious?
My previous points about backing-off are now not completely valid. I however, do think that this is a valid route of questioning:

What made you reconsider your view on sthar8 and look back at his massclaim speculation?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:38 am

Post by iLord »

I need to reread the big Guardian/Rest of the Active Players posts.
RR wrote:How exactly have I done that?
I'm not quite sure - If I did, then we wouldn't be as distracted.
RR wrote:Well, I certainly don't usually take the time to look at things before they're responded to and make a list of how I would take each respone. The number of possible responses in a given scenario is usually huge, and such a tactic therefore becomes futile. I mostly scumhunt by looking back at things already said rather than specualting on what's gonna be.

Also, I already gave you some far fetched examples of stuff I would find scummy in such a situation. Interpertaion of other more common actions demends specific circumstance.
Persistent, aren't you?

How do you tell if something was scummy?
RR wrote:Someone said something about sthar's massclaim speculation, I don't quite recall the exact post but I thought I'd do a recap on it and see if I'm missing something.

Do you think I went back looking for reasons to unvote him because I was scared by your attack of me?
That's what I was trying to figure out.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #63) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 am

Post by iLord »

adsfasdf
RR wrote:So again, attacking me for intentionally distracting from it when you don't actively do much to push it back and can't tell exactly what I did to distract seems very unconvincing and not particularly honest.
I'll admit it doesn't seem that convincing, but I've pushed it back, and the people in the town that answered have said that it is a null tell. Could you explain why their reasoning is incorrect?
RR wrote:Basically, I look back on it under all known circusmstaces and try to figure out how likely it is to come from town and if scum have any motive to say it. If it isn't and they do, it's scummy.
How do you figure out the difference between "how likely it is to come from town" and "if scum have any motive" since all scum have the motive to look town?
RR wrote:Well, what's your conclusion?
I'm going to go look back to see if someone did mention mass claim speculation, and if someone did, then I cannot draw the conclusion that you just made it up.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #64) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:Don't like the appeal to majority here. Also, I don't get what you're asking. What do you mean by "it"? I would assume the "distracting" issue, but who said it was a null tell and where?
[/quote]

No, I mean the issue of whether or not guilt was a scumtell, which was my original point that I claimed you distracted from.

I've stated my reasoning for why it's not a scumtell. You've stated yours. Some of the town that answered my query has stated its. It's not just appeal to majority - if you feel that their reasoning is incorrect, you must state why.
RR wrote:This is where the difference between anti town and scummy comes in to play, some bad townie actions make no sense from a scum point of view as well and therefore are not a scumtell.
What does this have to do with how you tell if a situation is coming from a town or a scum that's trying to look as town?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #65) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:00 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito, I can't really say anything, as you've probably had more success scumhunting then me, but I think you're scumhunting mindset is flawed.

You can't assume those that act irrationally anitown are scum.

Nor can you assume that all situations are the same for each person - just because something is an accepted "scumtell" does not mean that it is indicative of scum for specific players.

Yes, SL pushed a lot of weak points on you. But you have to look back and see if she would actually do so as scum.

BTW, in the links you listed, did SL actually fake anger? I don't really have time to read over the game right now.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:38 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:I realize that, but I think she would push weak points against a person as scum. She pushed very weak points against Battle Mage in that R-1000 game that I linked to.

As for faking anger, I never saw her explode to the degree that she did here in this game. She was very, very, very aggressive as scum like she was here though. I think she was more rational as town according to the games I looked into.

Ah, okay. Did she acknowledge her points as weak in that R-1000 game after the game was over?

The degree to which she exploded only strengthens my belief. It's not something she usually does, and it's very townie.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:Ummm, I haven't checked but why would that matter? I would think the Gold Standard to compare to here would be to look at her town play and determine if she's a capable player under that alignment who knows the difference between strong points and those not as strong, which I think she does.
But maybe she believes the points she are pushing in this game are actually strong - she has expressed as much after her first anger outburst.

I don't think scum would intentionally push weak points, but I know some players that would.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by iLord »

Huntress, so it looks like you think Incognito's town?

What do you think about his not commenting on Electra in the beginning?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 am

Post by iLord »

asdf

The two responses of Jahudo to Incognito is interesting:
Jahudo wrote:Vote: Incognito
I went over Guardian's considerations and agree that alot of what he said holds true. There were times when Incog was using an ad-hom attack on SL:
Jahudo wrote:I'm not sure what spring is trying to say with "8 out of 10 persons reserving judgment are scum...". If she said something like "I think people who reserve judgment are anti-town" it wouldn't sound like a baseless accusation.[...]At this early point in the game, I'm getting some town vibes from Incognito and I would from spring too if not for that 8 out of 10 thing which I think needs a further explanation.
Jahudo needs to explain this apparent discrepancy.
sthar8 wrote:Why? Not "how," not "what." I already know the answers to those questions.
So everyone would know my views towards her posts.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by iLord »

adsfasdf
Electra wrote:@ iLord - my read of SL was town-ish, but Guardian is very scummy to me. What's your read of Guardian alone?
Guardian has constantly argued with the town, which may give us a lot of content for us to analyze, is rather hard to follow. I can say I have any definitive reads, but him inheriting SL's role sets me to thinking he's town.
Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why the hell is "quick boosts" a scumtell I'd be looking for? What other games have boosts?
What?

----------------------------------

Despite Electra's apparent annoyance :D, I must note once again that Electra's post has that inexplicable air of a player who has nothing much to say, but attempts to say too much. Basically, it reads like too much "fluff" and not enough scumhunting.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by iLord »

Oh, the the replacement out of Crazy is probably a null tell, since he said he was overwhelmed with this game.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:You said my quick boosts comment is an example of me looking for scumtells instead of scum, why would quickboosts be a scum tell I'm looking for, since boosts are not in any other game?
Ah, okay. What I mean is that quickboosts are antitown in theory, but in reality, you have to consider whether or not scum would actually do such, and whether or not they would benefit from doing so.

I don't believe quick boosts are indictive of scum.
Electra wrote:As for having a large post - it was a response to a lot of posts. Compared to the volume of posts, I guess it wasn't very much content.
Don't get me wrong - you certainly had a lot of content.

But it was just filled with stuff that I felt wasn't actual scumhunting.
Electra wrote:So you have a null read of Guardian, therefore SL's town read carries over?
Yes.
Crazy wrote:As for Crazy's replacement, why would this game be particularly more overwhelming than another one?
No idea, but many reasons could suffice here. You can't exactly say he was invested into this game at all.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why do you think quickboosts are antitown in theory if you don't believe they're indicative of scum?
Antitown =/= Scummy.

Quick boosts are bad for the town, but offer nothing for the mafia.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:I see.

While I agree that they offer nothing for the Mafia, I disagree that it's not suspicious. I feel like the key here is that Mafia can not necessarily see what's antitown and not as well as town, and so quick boosts might be something Mafia do accidentally.
Likewise, it could be something town could do accidentally.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #75) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Mana_Ku wrote:iLord has a good opening post. He keeps in mind that Electra could be scum trying a 'Korts' gamble. The same for his second post. And his third post. But then came all his posts about how he's rereading.
And now I understand why Electra I believe was giving some comments about you and the discussion between SL and Incog. I agree with Electra. If you think Incog is scummy, then why don't you start a case against him? Especially after SL was replaced. Why didn't you continue SL's attack? And who do you see as scummy right now and why?
I thought you were pro-town at the beginning, but now you're moving towards the scummy side.
I've already answered this multiple times - there was no need for a mostly redundant case. SL just had a lot more chaff that needed to be cut off. I've actually been quite busy attacking and defending from RR, as well as barely keeping up with the thread - I haven't had more time to really analyze Incognito's recent posts.

I still see RR as scummy, but a lot of my reasons have proven to be incorrect, so I have barely more than a hunch to back that.

And once again, I'll need another comprehensive reread to get suspects and refine my views.

-------------------------------------------------------------

More later - I've read to 387.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by iLord »

Okay, I've caught up in reading, and I need to do a reread and make a big post.

I don't really agree with a lot of the points against Incognito or Guardian right now, and I'll make a big post detailing this later.

Please note that I will be on vacation until the 23rd.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:38 am

Post by iLord »

I'm back from V/LA.

Completely loss, but hopefully full reread today.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by iLord »

At post 386. Finish catching up tommorrow. Long post half-way done.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #79) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 am

Post by iLord »

Okay, all caught up.

Fancy half-formatted post coming up soon.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #80) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by iLord »

Okay, updated notes, picked up after my first reread point:

------------------------------

sthar8:
Suspects Crazy for double standards? Notes Crazy’s lack on concern for scum boosting. Suspects Crazy, RR, and me. Suspects Crazy over me. RR suspicion is dropped. Prods Electra, TDC, and skillit. Prods Mana_Ku and FL. Sees me/him link. Boosts TDC. Unsure of Incognito. Suspects Huntress/Crazy, me and RR. Good analysis on sthar8. Prods MK.

Electra:
Says that she is unable to find flaws in several player defenses. Says she thinks the early Incognito/springlullaby exchange is too intense. Notes that Incognito’s reaction to attack is unnatural, and starts to suspect Incognito. Suspects Crazy for “textbook” scuminess”. The too intense, not able to find flaws, and “textbook” scumtells all read newb. Votes Crazy for “textbook” tells, and for weird responses. Still feels Incognito/SL in overview is null tell. Sees attacking people for answering for other people as scummy. Again, examples of reading newb. Continues to suspect Crazy and explains her opinion. Continues to suspect Electra. FOS’s for quickboosts. Suspects Guardian and iLord.

Guardian (springlullaby):
Blows up against Incognito. Anger seems very genuine. Unvotes after Incognito takes offense. Regains composure. Makes up with Incognito. Restructures case, claiming no perfect case. Progression reads very town. Suspects skillit due to relations with Incognito.
Says sthar8 and me are linked. Says eldarad and Incognito are linked. Thinks Incognito is the most supcious. Cautious of Electra. Thinks I’m protown. Boosts sthar8 and me. Gut against Jahudo and skillit. Not much thoughts on Crazy. Weak argument on timing of Incognito’s post. Concedes fallacy of his boosts. Weak attack on Incognito for not wanting to argue. Electra-Mana_Ku/skillit-TDC-Crazy-eldarad-FL = Null, RR-Me = Leaning Town, Incognito = Scum, sthar8 = Town, Jahudo = Leaning Scum. Overall, continuing SL’s view is not scummy. After explaining the Incognito voting him for replacing in, I sort of see it, but it’s really stretching. I also understand his “dismissive’ point about Incognito, but I need to investigate further before I can deem that it’s not a way that Incognito defends himself regardless of alignment which would fit what I’ve seen of his posting style, or because he genuinely feels that the SL attack is scummy, which I find unlikely. Weak attack on TDC. Lots of noise with Incognito.

TDC:
Leaning scum on SL/Guardian after meta and Guardian replacing in. Suspicious of Guardian continuing SL’s work. Gets into discussion with Guardian that’s a lot of noise – not a lot of scum or town tells.

Huntress (Crazy):
Comment about how he reads Electra as town because of her claim read town. Acknowledges that it is only a read, which is good. Disagrees with RR’s attack. Reading Incognito as protown. Reads sthar8 as town. Catch-up post was good.
Suspicious of Electra, me, eldarad, sthar8, SL/Guardian.

RandomGem (fuzzylightning):
Claims unposted analysis. Scummy.

Mana_Ku (skillit):
Nothing.
Crazy/Huntress-Electra = Null, Eldarad-Incognito-RR-Guardian = Town, FL-Me-Jahudo = Scummy. Boosts RR and Guardian.

RagingRabbit:
Explains that he is voting on the reaction. Prods skillit. Unvotes sthar8 for massclaim speculation and his recent comment about MC. Genuine reanalysis. Doesn’t read SL as scum. Boosts TDC. Notes Incognito’s unnatural gradual ascension from town to scum on SL. Points out contradiction in Incognito. Thinks SL is town. Boosts Guardian. Weird time to vote for Incognito. Me-Incognito = Scum, Jahudo-Crazy/Huntress-Skillit/MK = Leaning Scum, Guardian-Electra-Eldarad-TDC = Town.

eldarad:
Says he believes a person on skillit wagon is scum, and then unvotes for Crazy. Retracts gut read of TDC. Starts attacking Crazy. Thinks SL’s case is weak, and supports Incognito. Thinks SL aggression is fake. Don’t like this post. Proposes link between SL and Crazy. Thinks Sl aggression might be uncharacteristic. Boosts Jahudo for Electra inactive point? Can’t get firm reads yet. Notes my late Electra agreement. Votes me for that and pushing Incognito from sidelines. Comments that he doesn’t like his possible connection called upon, which is minorly townie. Seeing Incognito as slightly town. Very scummy comment in response to MK in Post 389.

Incognito:
Attacks my view of fuzzylightning – doesn’t understand the motive/magnitude relationship. Continues to push suspicions of springlullaby because he can’t see why SL would attack him – thinks attack is contrived. Refuses to answer SL’s points because wants to avoid more flaming. Thinks my reads are contrived as well. Claims different treatment of RR and SL. Weak attack on the rigidness of my list. Doesn’t think Crazy is scum. Prods Electra, fuzzylightning, and skillit. Joins my wagon, stating eldarad’s points and prior suspicions. Does not understand and does not think anger is genuine. Votes Guardian/SL for suspicions on using replacement as a scum tactic. Cautious of his claim that SL was preemptively OMGUSing – doesn’t seem like a very good point. Boosts TDC. Attacks Guardian’s boosts. Claims Meta on Eldarad reads hugely pro-town. Explains focus on attackers. Weak attack on Guardian for “dirty” tells. Interesting, but weak time attack on Guardian (Not indicative of scum). Weak attack on sthar8. Weak accusation of SL using “too townie.” Defends well on contradiction. Weak defense to gradual point.

Jahudo:
Not liking his posts right after mine – making an excuse for picking out random arguments, rather than defending that he didn’t pick out random arguments. Prods Electra and skillit. Reads. Electra-Me = Town, eldarad-Incognito-SL = GutTown, skillit-TDC-sthar8-FL = Neutral, RR-crazy = Slightly Scum. No reasoning for non-gut reads. Does not think Crazy is scum. Doesn’t argue the lack of reasoning for his boost from Eldarad. Says Crazy and skillit are looking worse because of absence. Prods FL. Fence-sits on SL issue. Think RR is more town. FOS’s me for weak conclusions. Doesn’t think SL request for replacement was unjustified. Confused with SL. Boosts RR because of open-mindedness. Scummy. Votes Incognito, for a very weak point out of Guardians. Changed opinion on Incognito’s relation to the “8 out of 10” point. Weak explanation to it. Very weak explanation. Reading heavily of scrambling to back his proposed view – drops 8/10 example for other stronger ones. Prods RG/FL. Reaching in Incognito case. Prods MK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions:

@eldarad: Why did you boost Jahudo in Post 234?

@Incognito: If SL started off attacking you with weak points, what makes you think that she would drop those points as town after you explained that they were weak?

@TDC: In Post 386, why is a town-town relationship between SL/Guardian and Incognito unlikely because the conversation was intense?

@Incognito: In Post 426, the quotes from R-100 by SL, do you not see a difference between those and those in this game? I really don’t think that SL is a good enough actor to blow up
and
still call herself town. I can understand her anger at being suspected, but people who explode under pressure usually lash out rather than say that they are town, like how SL did that game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@RR:
RR wrote: What are you hoping to gain by arguing this?
More information on how you say you scumhunt – and how you have scumhunted.
Which category of scumtells do my actions fall under?
RR wrote: What I'm saying is that you dropped that point because it wasn't convincing anyone - even those who completely disagree guilt can be a scumtell don't think it's very scummy for me to think otherwise - and then attacked me for distracting from it by means you can't even point to.
The point was dropped unintentionally, but now I’m going to drop it because it really is not convincing anyone, which is what a case must do to be successful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOWN

. sthar8

. Electra

. Guardian (springlullaby)

. TDC

. Huntress (Crazy)

. RandomGem (fuzzylightning)

. Mana_Ku (skillit)

. RagingRabbit

. eldarad

. Incognito

. Jahudo

SCUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, accordingly,

Unboost Guardian, Boost Electra
Unvote, Vote Jahudo

Explanations if asked – I just went over everything and slapped my thoughts onto the document.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #81) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by iLord »

Guardian wrote:iLord, you boost-hammered electra.
I note that you say Electra is suspicious of Electra... huh?
I was under the impression that we wanted to boost-hammer Electra.

The Electra suspicious of Electra thing is a typo - I'm not actually sure who - maybe Crazy?
Guardian wrote:Why do you think the point about Incognito's vote-timing is stretching? Why doesn't it make sense to you? Maybe you see something I don't.
Guardian wrote:Incognito posted and had an opportunity to vote SL in 276, after the last time she posted. He didn't. Nothing major happened in the game between 276 and 280 except I replaced in. 277 and 278 are just me replacing in, 279 is Jahudo asking for comments on SL vs Incog. The only thing that changed in the game is that I replaced in -- and that caused Incognito to vote SL/me. He "joked" that he was voting because I replaced in -- and sure, maybe that was an "innocent" joke (innocent jokes are few and far between in mafia). But even had he not mentioned me replacing in -- it seems fairly clear that me replacing in/SL replacing out is what caused his vote, and he has provided no explanation for that. I can think of a few scum explanations for it, and cannot think of any townie ones.
"He didn't vote when he could - he voted only after you came in because of SL replacing out is" basically what you're saying here.

First of all, I think that this was probably not a joke. The reason behind that is that Incognito did explain why - he believed that his meta forced him to replace out.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by iLord »

asdf
Guardian wrote:Why does this matter? Did you want to boost-hammer her?
Yes - I've expressed as much.
Huntress wrote:The main thing is that, except for one or two of her more recent posts,
she seems to be observing rather than actually scumhunting.
She almost seems to be using her case against Crazy as an excuse for not going after anyone else, yet when she details her case on him she's listing things that are anti-town, not necessarily scummy.
This. I don't think it's a scumtell though - it's one of the reasons I'm reading her as town.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Incognito wrote:@iLord: Again, I'm not re-answering stuff that I've already covered.
Could you at least show me around which posts you answered it? I must've missed it.
Incognito wrote:My comments on your reads: I still think they look very contrived. You seem to just be summarizing the thread and then arbitrarily allotting people into this towniest to scummiest order, and I still have absolutely no clue how or why you've arranged people in the order you have. For example, Raging Rabbit was your number one before. You still seem to have some issues with him but somehow he's moved up your list in towniness? And you didn't even really give an explanation for why that's the case? RandomGem is scummy but he's like 6th from the top? I could say more but meh, I've just become really apathetic about this game lately.
Basically what I do is I list stuff that could possibly exhibit town or scum tells. Then, I look over what I've typed up, and that combined with my impressions generates my tells. I don't think RR's that scummy anymore - I've been reading him as more town, and I think he genuinely thinks guilt is a scumtell. He might be even higher than the spot I gave him. RandomGem has done nothing - fuzzylightning was minorly scummy for one post - not enough for me to feel that he is scummy.

I didn't put explanations for a lot of my reads, so I'll explain anything you ask me - the last post was relatively quickly thrown together.
TDC wrote:Is scum more likely to scumhunt in your eyes, or what are you trying to say here?
Like I said, her posts fit the newb mold really well - lots of talk and looking for "tells," not enough scumhunting. I'm reading it as a newb town tell.

---------------------------------------------------

Hopefully Jahudo case soon, but my computer has had some pretty major problems.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #84) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:@iLord: I'm assuming that your towniest to scummiest list has made no attempt to draw connections between people or suggest a possible scum team. Is this a far assumption?
Yes - I don't believe in basing your reads too heavily on ties before dead bodies start showing up. Some players like to do that, but I find the recovering of your mindset after your "scumteam" has been torn apart to be quite detrimental on your scumhunting view afterwards.

The list you typed up is basically the points I got from the thread, and thanks for condensing it - it makes it a lot easier to comment on. Here's my opinion on these points:
Incognito wrote:Points against springlullaby

Consistently pushing weak or untrue points to the point of exhaustion after I repeatedly explained what it was I was trying to do during early game.

I don't believe that this is a scumtell - from what I've read, I believe that she genuinely believed that her points were strong, hence her refusual to take the opportunity to drop the weak points at my suggestion.
Incognito wrote:When these points didn't stick, she then resorted to personal insults and (probable) manufactured anger to try and get her "points across". Note: I've been attacked for ad-hom so those people who are willing to allow this to slide really crack me up.
She is "ad-homing," She is resorting to insults. But I'm reading her anger as genuine, and I don't believe that the anger is manufactured. I'm reading her anger as genuine - she's fuming at how she's not succeeding in executing her lynch, and fuming at the way you're defending from her attacks. Her position is a perfectly common position for townies to be angry in, and I don't believe that it is scummy.
Incognito wrote:Double standard treatment of me when compared to iLord in relation to his fuzzylightning read, and double standard treatment of me when compared to Crazy's "QFT everything eldarad said" and my "appealing to eldarad".
I consider the Double Standards under the weak points.
Incognito wrote:Contradictory questioning ("why ask scum questions? don't you expect scum to lie?"<- this probably goes into the weak or untrue points section)
You might need to explain this point more a little - I'm not really familiar.
Incognito wrote:My meta read of her suggests that her PPD rate, her pushing of weak or untrue points, and her anger/super aggressive tone matches her scum meta quite well when compared to her town meta.
Can't say much against this one since I haven't had time to read the games over. I can say that the parts that you have quoted haven't exactly convinced me, but again, example where she faked anger would be very interesting.
Incognito wrote:Points against Guardian

Dirty reads.
Weak - many town explanations as well as scum ones - the simplest being he actually holds said opinions.
Incognito wrote:Backtracking.
Going to have to look back on this one too - don't remember it either.
Incognito wrote:(RR's gonna love this one): Trying too hard to appear pro-town. "OMG guys boost me! I'm town!" "I'm replacing springlullaby, and I got my role (pro-town obvobv)!"
"Trying too hard to appear pro-town" is really a vibe thing, and I'm not getting that vibe. Any townie would want to be boosted, and the "pro-town obviously" is very much a null tell - Guardian knows that it doesn't make him look town at all (actually making him look scummy), and is sort of a joke.
Incognito wrote:Lightning fast read that quickly adopted his predecessor's view and when his points didn't stick, he quite conveniently reviewed the thread and began to have a change of heart.
I don't think it's "convenient" at all. I think it's natural. Adopting his predecessor's view is definitely not scummy, and the lightning fast read serves to back-up his rereading.
Incognito wrote:There's other more intangible things I can't put into words here.
This may be a bigger part of your read than you realize - it's certainly a big part of mine. It's when we start ignoring this part and start looking for "scumtells" then we lose our ability to scumhunt accurately.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote: To be "successful" yes, but a case isn't only meant to convince others - it's main purpose for pro town players is to gauge the suspect's reaction and figure out if you still think he's scum based on his defense. This statement along with your unvote of me following my unvote of you and your big post that contains mostly objective summary, which like Incog said looks pretty arbitrary; you could dramtically change the order of your scum-town list with relatively little editing - make me think you dropped my suspicion for the sole reason of lack of support and tried to smooth it out in the most pro town looking way you figured possible.
Exactly! I have pressured you, and I have deemed that your reactions are not indicative of scum. Believe it or not, my reads have reasons behind them. If you want to point out a specific reasons behind my reads, I’ll answer your inquiries.
RR wrote: No idea what you're saying here.
Sorry if I was unclear – what I was trying to say is that I don’t think it’s a joke, and that Incognito voted because of SL replacing out, and that he stated his reason for doing so.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #86) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 am

Post by iLord »

adsf

RR wrote:Obviously you would say that, but that "I'll drop the point because it isn't successful" statement along with the timing and manner of your unvote make me think otherwise.
You misunderstand - the point I dropped was the guilt one, but I'm dropping my attack agaisnt you because you haven't been reading scum.
RR wrote:Guardian's point, I believe, was that Incog posted after SL asked for replacement without voting her, and then he voted Guardain with nothing changing besides his replacing in.
Ah, right. How is that indicative of scum? Is Guardian saying that Incognito is afraid of him? It seems merely like a delayed vote, especially since there weren't any signs of a easy wagon of Guardian for proposed scumIncognito.
eldarad wrote:#452 does nothing to alleviate my concerns, and I share the view of RR and Incog that his "reads" are objective summaries rather than his own opinions.
If I had to summarise the whole of #452 in one word, I would use "contrived"
I've asked this multiple times already - if you think that my reads on contrived, then ask me! Ask me where you feel that I am making stuff up. I didn't put down all of my sentiments - those are merely my notes about notable areas. I can explain my reasoning if you specify.
eldarad wrote:The bit that, if anything, bothers me the most is how iLord unboosts someone he thinks is town in order to have the top two in his list as the ones he boosts.
What?
eldarad wrote:The pieces of the iLord-Guardian-Incog scumpuzzle begin to come together when you see that iLord has - in his characteristic devoid-of-actual-opinion way - listed one of his scumbuddies as "town" and the other one as "scum".
Gosh, he's as cunning as a fox who has just won the Nobel prize for Cunning.
How is that supporting your theory at all?
eldarad wrote:Accumulated towniness. And he was a 'safer' boost in my eyes that some of the more high profile posters.
Accumulated towniness? Can you point out where he has read town at all? I'm getting no such sentiments.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #87) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:33 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
RR wrote:Wasn't the guilt one your original, most important point, from which I was trying to distract?
Yes.
RR wrote:Since Guardian is unable to answer right now, I'll explain to the best of my understanding - he claimed that Incog figured Guardian would continue SL's attack of him based on gut/Guardian's meta, and voted him as a "preemptive OMGUS". In other words the vote was only because of the replacement, which is scummy because it obviously has no bearing on alignment.
Yeah, I remember now - It's taken me a while to reconstruct my thought process here. At first, I thought that point was really weak because Incognito actually listed his reasoning. When Guardian explained his "preemptive OMGUS," I understood what Guardian was trying to push, but I found it weak because there's numerous other not antitown reasons for Incognito to have pushed it later - he could've forgotten, or thought over it some more. I understand that Guardian is known to be a good player, but I'm not seeing his meta/Incognito's gut as enough to justify this stretch for scumIncognito.

--------------------------------------------

Going to be out for today, so Jahudo case probably won't be up by tommorrow.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:07 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:So you see why I think your unvote was mostly due to lack of popularity.
I do see why you would think so. However, had I truly continued to think you were scum or just wanted to keep on pushing your case, I would've found and pushed other points, whether from the thread or from your answers to questions I posed.

I would support a deadline extension, but I really don't have any excuse...
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #89) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:42 am

Post by iLord »

RG wrote:Um... I think I personally just claimed being busy. I didn't exactly have time to get to reading, let alone analysis... Oh BTW I'm from AoPS, which as you probably have gathered on your few games there... is a bit low on the analysis level. :/
That little line was from FL.

You're from AOPS?
RG wrote:Actually now that I think about it, iLord is acting considerably differently from some games in AoPS we've played (although the environment is much MUCH different there), since he would always push for a day 1 lynch on one or two main people as scum, leading the town. I won't completely believe that meta because over there, he was essentially the only strong player, whereas here, he can be on more equal ground.
There were other good players, but since I was scum in both games, it was easy for me to just get a random mislynch Day 1.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #90) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by iLord »

A look at some of Jahudo's posts:

-----------------------------------------------------
I am against claiming and Electra basically stated the reasons against it. Scum will know what the boosted people can do and how best to approach them at night. I think we should go about things normally.

If someone thinks they should or should not be boosted they can say that before the lynch, but no specifics. It should be a combination of the candidate thinking they have a useful power and the group thinking they're pro-town.
Jahudo’s first game-related post. Doesn’t comment on Electra, which is scummy.
At first I thought your response to Electra's setup possibilities was in joking because you talked about Mohinder and her wanting to be special. But you have a very thorough follow up so are you leaning to any serious conclusions on Electra yet? That is, do you think her claim and strategy look genuine or not? Are your feelings dependent on her only having 3 possibilities or is there something else there? Or was this part/mostly in joking?

Also it looks like everyone but fuzzylightning has posted. My random vote gains some weight, or does it?
Comments on other people’s views of Electra, but still doesn’t disclose his opinion.
You skipped me
Actually I didn't directly say you were town or scum for your claim, but you could be right about scum not being able to make a convincing lie that early. You're still a ways a way from a boost majority so I don't really see the hesitancy in some people to use their boost.

Boost Electra
Actually notes that he didn’t comment. Don’t like the way he said “you’re still a ways a way from a boost majority so I don’t really see the hesitancy in some people to use their boost.” Also don’t like the “could” and then the follow-up boost. Seems like a weak way to jump on the boostwagon.
I'm not sure what spring is trying to say with "8 out of 10 persons reserving judgment are scum...". If she said something like "I think people who reserve judgment are anti-town" it wouldn't sound like a baseless accusation.
I do like how she called you out for being passive aggressive, even if it isn't an accurate term to use. The reaction posts I saw of you did not look passive aggressive, so I think she succeeded in prodding you to gain a better read for us. At this early point in the game, I'm getting some town vibes from Incognito and I would from spring too if not for that 8 out of 10 thing which I think needs a further explanation.
He likes SL calling Incognito for being passive-aggressive even though he doesn’t believe Incognito’s passive aggressive because it prods Incognito and gives us a better read? Regardless of what the point did, I don’t get how anyone can like a point that they believe is incorrect.
This sound like a very serious list of tells. When Crazy votes for skillit, he mentions skillit's loaded question to Electra then skillit's claim that he didn't accuse her. Skillit's specific words were "imply any slant either way". Is a page 1 loaded question going to look serious and imply slant if you don't have a read on them? Does the initial accusation fail if it looks sarcastic joking to anyone?
In Post 135, Jahudo says that sthar8’s attack on Crazy looks like a very serious list of tells. I’m not really understanding what he’s saying here – it looks like a very conflicted post – he starts off with “serious list of tells” but then the rest of the paragraph seems to be for Crazy. Jahudo, could you explain here?
I don't find anything odd about the timing of the vote since Crazy was supposedly away and got prodded. I also don't think he just jumped on the largest wagon because I don't see him trying to push it without anything new to show for it. Maybe that's indicative of something else, though.
I really don’t like the “maybe that’s indicative of something else” clause – it allows a escape clause for him to resume his attack on Crazy if the wagon builds up. This seems to be generally for Crazy again.
I think it's okay to suspect people like he did for TDC and RR, by not saying anything just yet. To me, it seems he's not as serious because it's not outlined. But using it as a preemption back by other people is another thing.
He says that Crazy’s suspicions aren’t serious? Jahudo, could you explain what you meant by the preemption point?
I must've missed the part I bolded because now I understand the rationale for this reserving judgment accusation. And yes, "I think" makes it sound more opinionated than scientifically proven hypothesis, but it was the second paragraph that explains the 8 out of 10 argument for me.

I'm getting more of a town read from spring in post 129, but have a few comments/questions on what she said that I'll reserve until after incog comes back and releases his next response novel. Please let it be in paperback.
Notes that he has some comments on SL’s 129 - Comments that he never gives.
In the cases of the neutral reads, I've seen a mostly defensive skillet that hasn't been scum hunting enough, a TDC that isn't being very open with his opinions or train of thought, and a sthar that might have exaggerated suspicion on him so he's gone defensive too.
Note his opinion that sthar8’s suspicion is exaggerated.
That is interesting. I can think of several reasons why he could do this, both town and scum, but by calling attention to skillit at L-2 I think he's trying to pause any momentum while people step back and re-look at things.

He did ask alot of questions to Skillit and give him alot of attention early on, maybe the most out of any of us. Some of it was about the show Heroes and some was to get Skillit to explain his thinking, but nothing like an accusation. I can't find Incog's opinion from these posts though.
A tendency that has been shown and is exhibited here is Jahudo’s opinionless posts. Sure, he talks, but there’s too little scumhunting and opinions and a lot of talking. Unlike Electra’s posts, Jahudo’s seems cautious, as opposed to rambling.
I also need to reevaluate my position on iLord and RR because the more I see from RR, the more I think his case against him was inflated. I don't think this necessarily makes iLord or anyone look scummy for questioning RR's motive on voting sthar, but I guess RR was asked things enough to make his case larger when he was only pushing it a little bit.
These are the sort of nonconfrontational posts that build my suspicion. He is starting to see RR town, but this doesn’t “necessarily makes iLord or anyone look scummy for questioning.” He’s avoiding putting suspicion on anyone.
A few of iLord's questions and comments on RR look to me like he is drawing conclusions without looking carefully enough at the information. For now, just a
FoS: iLord
Even his attack isn’t even calling my scum – only calling my conclusions invalid.
Boost: Raging Rabbit
I like his recent posting. He's scumhunting but not focusing too heavily on one person or one point, but it looks like he's paying attention to alot of the dynamics going on.
As noted by many, this boost is weak – his reasoning doesn’t apply at all.
I think he’s leaning town now. In my earlier read, I thought he was repeating the same point on sthar to continue the case, but now I don’t see his intention from that as trying to keep the case alive but to explain it to certain people. There are a few others I might boost because I think they’re town, like eldarad or Guardian, but I don’t think they’ve posted enough.
This was explaining the above Boost. He completely ignores RR’s recent focus and doesn’t explain how RR is paying attention to a lot of the dynamics.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, there's less here than I would like. Mostly my reasoning behind a Jahudo lynch is that his posts are filled with a lot of talking and not a lot of scumhunting. In addition to this, it is evident that he is making an effort to avoid confrontation - only voting for Incognito, and then backing-up quickly when his point was proven incorrect. His recent boost for RR reads as very "contrived"(:wink:) and lacks reasoning to back it.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #91) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:What I liked about it was that she was bringing thing up and it was an opportunity to get a better read. I thought she was pro-town for making the attempt but I had yet to see how her argument was accurate or not.
So you think that pushing points against inactive players (basically allowing you to get a better read) is pro-town, regardless of the accuracy of the point?
Jahudo wrote:The tells being accused were (in so many words): Crazy wasn’t interested in the game, he suspected people without providing reason, tries to force a scum pair, and buddies up to someone else. That is how I interpreted sthar8’s post 119 because he actually said them differently and I continued my post by looking into them for other conclusions.
What I'm unclear of here is your opinion of Crazy - I couldn't discern from this paragraph whether or not your were for or against him.
Jahudo wrote:You misinterpreted that. I said that Crazy’s vote did not look untimely or forcing the wagon because he was using a new point: that Skillit was backtracking. I was thinking that it was indicative that Skillit looked scummy despite Crazy’s way of suspecting people.
Okay, got it.
Jahudo wrote:He wasn’t saying why those people were suspicious so they shouldn’t start looking more scummy just because he’s saying it. But if those people actually did something suspicious later on, Crazy could join the wagon much easier.
Okay, I understand that point, but could you explain the part where you said:
Jahudo wrote:To me, it seems he's not as serious because it's not outlined
Why is he not as serious becuase the suspicions aren't "outlined?"
Jahudo wrote:I don’t tend to clutter with opinions that I don’t have much confidence in and this game has been difficult to understand so I have a lot of unconfident opinions. I have shared who I think is town and scum through votes and some posts, such as finding RR to be town which despite what people are trying to tell me, I still believe is logical.
I actually meant the obvious. Your posts have a lot of clutter, but it's not random rambling clutter that Electra, was cautious, reserved clutter. You're posting often, but your making an effort to reserve your opinions.
Jahudo wrote:• Activity: Not just filling up space with summary or over-extending into theory or even referring to other games that deter from the game at hand, but making an effort of acknowledging and responding to various threads of discussion.
How is that indicative of town?
Jahudo wrote:• Focus: I do not think it is a scum tell that one person focuses extensively on one person. That is just how some people play but I think that he is bringing up points that show he is paying attention to what has already happened, not just recent material or the first few pages of the game.
Do you think RR is focusing extensively on one person?

------------------------------------------------------

I would boost sthar8 or Guardian if a majority is needed.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #92) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Eldarad wrote:If you think that Guardian is a townie then it doesn't make sense to unboost him in favour of another person who you also think is a townie, unless you are deliberately trying to (over)emphasise how you are carefully boosting only the two people right at the top of your townie list.
I don't understand why you would unboost someone that you believe to be town.
That's horrible logic - I'm not sure of anyone's alignment - of course I am going to boost the two people who I feel have the highest probablity of being town.
Eldarad wrote:Well, it's certainly true that Jahudo appears at the "scum" end of your list, but very little of your summary of him suggests that you find him scummy.
Post 501 doesn't look convincing, even less so once I read #504. And post 501 is, presumably, the basis of your vote. Although, from what you said at the start of #501, it was done after your vote in an attempt to justify it.
I do accept TDC's point and I am changing my boost vote to someone who has a fighting chance of getting a majority before the deadline (whenever it is set).
You're completing ignoring my statements that my summary is just a summary to help me organize my thoughts. Why did you say that there was little in my summary that suggests I find him scummy?

I am - I found Jahudo scummy, and I was trying to find why, hence my case.
Eldarad wrote:How is backing off once you are proven wrong an indicator of scum?
I also find the non-confrontational angle of attack ironic given your approach to springlullaby-Incognito.
I never said it was - I'm pointing out how little he was attacking.

As I have stated multiple times, each case is different - you can't lump "scumtells" together.

This post was really scummy. Even considering changing my vote to Eldarad.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #93) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Eldarad wrote:To me, it looks like you unboosted Guardian - someone you believe to be town - in favour of boosting Electra.
I'm fairly sure I recall you saying that your ranking isn't as scientific as it looks, and that only the category (town, scum, in between) is meaningful. In which case I don't understand how you're now able to pinpoint with a reasonable level of precision that, not only are Electra and Guardian both town but that Electra is "more" town than Guardian and therefore more deserving of a boost.
Come on - you're just twisitng my words. My rankings are not as rigid as they appear, only around the center - the extremes at the ends are as defined as anyone elses. The whole definition of Electra reading more town than Guardian is that she has a larger chance of being town - you don't need a "reasonable level of precision" to "pinpoint" that.

This reasoning is so forced.
Eldarad wrote:I was operating under the reasonable assumption that the blocks of words next to the colourful words were there to explain to others what you are thinking (and why). With the possible beneficial side-effect of helping you organise your thoughts.
If you are saying that the paragraphs in #452 aren't explaining why you have classified people into town, scum, neutral, then I like that post even less.
God, this is so scummy. This reasoning isn't unintentionally bad.

What are the possible beneficial side-effect of helping organize my thoughts? Are you serious?

I didn't explain why in my colored post - I stated what I found suspicious, and a general summary of their posts. I told you to ask me for why. Which you ignored, after calling my reads contrived.
Eldarad wrote:Isn't that kinda the wrong way round?
No, it isn't. Jahudo's recent posts have been scummy. He has given me a scum read. I look back to see what I can dig up from before, and why I have been getting a scummy read.

--------------------------------------------------

Eldarad's quite intentionally pushing this poor logic, especially since he hasn't even bothered to question any of my reads in the post he called "contrived." I'm going with Guardian, this is scummier than Jahudo.

Unvote, Vote Eldarad.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #94) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra, what do you think about Eldarad?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #95) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:I could say the same for Incognito. One of SL’s points against Incog in post 222 was that he asked for people’s reason for voting Skillit without Incog giving a stance himself. I did not think this was a scum tell at the time, post 224, but I agreed that Incog was not taking a stance.
Incognito not giving his view was one of the points that I agreed with.

Good job trying to pull a "but he did it too!"
Jahudo wrote:iLord, how many times have I clearly avoided giving an opinion to a major discussion point versus how many times has someone like Incog avoided giving one? How do you know that the tell means someone is waiting for other people to respond first and not just trying to make up their own mind or using the words of others to help shape their mind?
Continuing the "but he did it too!"

And not even a valid one - you are responding to issues. You're responses just are carefully devoid of specific opinion.

When you do attempt to fabricate an opinion, it's quickly proven to be invalid.
Jahudo wrote:What do you mean? Incognito was active.
Yes, he was. So what about SL's points made you be able to get a better read of Incognito?
Jahudo wrote:I thought he was slightly scummy in a later post but I also didn’t think there were obvious tells from anyone so this is a weak opinion. One thing I didn’t like was Crazy saying he wasn’t interested in the game when pointing to his inactivity. It could’ve been an excuse to lurk longer but I couldn’t think of anything to ask him about it.
This is backing up my above point - too often your opinion is, what I believe to be, purposely ambigious or "soft."
Jahudo wrote:Outlining points of suspicion makes it apparent what he thinks is a tell and by stating that he thinks there is a tell, those people can have a legitimate case against them. Without the outline, I don’t think he can make a legitimate case.
He can still be serious without a legitimate case.
iLord wrote:Do you think RR is focusing extensively on one person?
You missed this question.
RR wrote:eldarad's attack on iLord is definitely crap logic, but that alone isn't indicative of much, town is perfectly capable of bad logic as well. Guardian has a point about his early attack on Skillit being not-that-convincing, but so are more or less all early game attacks. I skimmed his other posts and am having trouble making up my mind on him one way or the other, my earlier town lean doesn't stand but he doesn't seem very scummy either. I don't think he should be the lynch today.
Purposeful crap logic generally is indicative of scum. I've stated why I believe his logic to be purposeful.
Eldarad wrote:I'm not twisting your words. If your order is not precise, but only the category is meaningful, then switching votes or boosts between people in the same category is pointless.

If you are saying that, actually, it is only the middle bit that is vague, and the town and scum categories are ranked in order then it makes sense to change boosts between them. That wasn't my understanding of your list.
Especially since your lists have different numbers of people labelled as town and scum. That initially suggested that you DID have a ranking throughout (ie, there would be a 5th most townie person who has been classified as 'neutral'), until you said otherwise.
Why would the only the catagory be meaningful? You mean that I magically found people in only three degrees of scumminess? You know this is crap logic.

That was your understanding of your list - I have a relative ranking - the closer you get to the middle, the closer they are - just like anyone else. I'm your sure that you could list who you think is the most town, and who you think is the most scum, but it would be dificult for you to state who you think is the most neutral.

It makes no sense whatsoever to assume otherwise, and stop pretending that you did.
Eldarad wrote:If they aren't there to explain your reasoning for the town/neutral/scum, what ARE they there for?
Your answer - in #515 - is "to organise your thoughts" so actually, those paragraphs next to the colourful words are NOT justifying that person's inclusion in your list? Is that actually what you're saying?
That completely baffles me.
I'm explained this multiple times already - if you read my blocks, they have stuff like what's in a post, and whether or not I found them scummy. No where did I explain why, and I said as much - I told you guys to ask me so I could elaborate on why on points that you are interested in. I even repeated this to Incognito, and then to your "contrived" post. Yet you still ignore this - saying that I said nothing about why Incognito was scummy in my summary post! This is so obviously just scrambling for more points.
Eldarad wrote:Yes I'm serious. But I'm pretty sure you mis-read that paragraph.
I assumed that the text was posting your reasons which would, as a side-effect, help organise your thoughts.
It appears that you are saying that you didn't post any reasons for your reads in #452 - the text is just organising your thoughts.

So. Could you explain why (rather than just summarising your thoughts about) Guardian does not justify being boosted? Is there something specific about Electra that made her more boostable than Guardian that you didn't see before writing #452?
Yes, the test is just organizing my thoughts. The benefits are so I can figure out who I think is scum and who I think is town.

I've been supporting an Electra boost since before my Guardian boost. The only reason I didn't boost Electra, which you would know if you bothered to read the post where I boosted Guardian, was because I didn't want to put her at a position where she might be accidentally boosted.
Eldarad wrote:Indeed. Yet, you did very little attacking of Incog, preferring instead to let sl do all the running.
To say that not doing any attacking is scummy - but that the instance where you personally didn't do any attacking (preferring instead to avoid confrontation by commentating of sl's attacks) isn't scummy - doesn't ring true.
Did I avoid confronatation with Incognito at all? I've already how explained how my case would just be redundant - you're not even making sure that your points are valid!

Your entire "case" is so, to use your/Incognito's word, "contrived" it's ridiculous.
sthar8 wrote:Rereading eldarad. The sudden push on him seems odd to me, because I was reading him as protown less than four pages ago, but the number of accusers would warrant a closer look even if I thought that all the points against him were garbage (which I don't).
Just look at his past few posts - you can't miss the crap logic.
Incognito wrote:I don't see the case against eldarad.
Have you read his last few posts?

-------------------------------------------------------------
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #96) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by iLord »

sthar8, you're opinion on Eldarad after looking at his past few posts?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #97) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Incognito wrote:Yeah, I read his last few posts. The first portion of his Post 507 wasn't phrased very well, but I understood the gist of it. He's basically trying to say that your listing of people from towniest to scummiest looks contrived because you seem to conveniently shift people around in such a way as to have your top two towniest people as the people you just so happen to be boosting. I've mentioned my feelings about your list also in the past about how I felt it looked contrived and yeah, this was one of the major issues I had with your list too. When I called you out about this weeks and weeks ago, you mentioned something about me mistaking the rigidity of your list, and you're doing the same thing here with eldarad. The fact that eldarad and I seemed to reach this conclusion about your lists independently of one another makes me think he's still likely to be town and thus, I don't see the case against him.
Your claim that I shift my list to match my boosts is not only incorrect, but also not indicative of scum. I shifted my boosts to match my scumlist.
Incognito wrote:There's a difference between the way you organize people in your lists and the way I or anyone else does. While I say something like "I'd be okay with boosting any one of the following people", you seem to have some kind of a definitive order that seems definitive because of your color-coding and seeming rigidity with your "Town" label on the top and "Scum" label on the bottom. I have yet to determine if this is just a difference in playstyle or if this is in fact scummy since I haven't been able to look at those past games you linked to from that other site. But the way it's presented does look scummy to me also, and I don't see the so-called crap logic that you're calling eldarad out about.
I have said that I would be okay with any of the people I think is town. Is that now what you do? You keep on calling me out of the rigidity of my scumlist when it is no less rigid than your own! Do you not have a top 3 town in your mind, or a top 3 scum? And I've already stated that the neutral section is loose - even though I have more evidence to work with, a lot of the players in the middle aren't reading town or scum for me.
Incognito wrote:The next portion of his 507 covers your Jahudo read. Again, this is something I've mentioned having a problem with also when I said your reads look contrived.
You seem to summarize people's posts one by one by one in these towniest to scummiest list posts, but you don't really seem to indicate why, in your own words, it is you find this person scummier than that person and that person scummier than this person. You usually mention at the bottom of your posts that "if anyone wants clarification, please ask" but if you're town, shouldn't it be your job to try and push the case and try to demonstrate to everyone else why it is you feel this way about said "scummy person"?
You did eventually do just that with your case against Jahudo in your 501 but again you don't really go into depth about why it is you feel this way about each post you've dissected. You comment on each post and say stuff like "didn't disclose his opinion" or "doesn't disclose his opinion, which is scummy" but you don't really explain why it's scummy in this case. It just looks to me more like you don't actually believe in what it is you're typing.
You answered the bolded part yourself with the stuff about Jahudo. Could you explain what you mean there?

I did explain why not disclosing your opinion is scummy - it's because its decreases chance of confrontation. I've mentioned that I have found his nonconfrontational style posts scummy.

--------------------------------------------------

Electra’s recent arguments are really pushing my newb read – that is not an argument she should be arguing – how unlikely it is that what she’s doing is a gambit because “people aren’t that smart or bold.”
Huntress wrote: eldarad - his first posts read pro-town to me, but his three-scum theory seems way too far-fetched. I don't think SL faked her anger to distance herself from scumbuddy Incognito. Even if scum had planned this beforehand, SL came into the game late, and so I don't think she would have really been a part of this discussion. Furthermore, Guardian would definitely have not been part of this discussion, and so I don't really see how this could be.
What about his recent attack on me?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #98) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
sthar8 wrote:I don't see it. I think his attack based on your boost of electra over guardian is garbage, as I think it's clear what you were trying to accomplish. However, he has a really good point about your suspicions being backed by summary rather than reasoning. "Pushing one bad point, :. scum" is not a valid standalone reason for a lynch, as we have seen in the cases of RR, Incog, SL, Skillit, and yourself.
I'm getting a little tired of reiterating the explanation for my summaries. They are just a summary - an organizer. My reasoning follows after questions or cases.

Pushing one bad point may not even be a scumtell. But pushing for a bad point intentionally usually is a very strong scumtell. If you look back at Post 533, you'll see that I find several tells that make me think that his reasoning is scummy reaching. He's even trying to pull beaten points from before back. I'm positive now that he realizes how poor his reasoning is, but is afraid to pull back.
Jahudo wrote:Simply that you get a different look at someone when they’ve got a spotlight shined on them. SL was pro-town for the effort, Incog was pro-town for the first constructed responses, then both started to look anti-town for ad-hom and other reasons but that all started because SL took a new path.
So is pushing another player on the spotlight townish?
Jahudo wrote:What? Are you saying the opinions I give are not likely or they’re not possible?
I'm saying that they're not genuine.
Jahudo wrote:As long as the counter points deserve attention, which I think they typically did, then it’s not bad to focus as much as he did.
But that directly contradicts your reasoning for boosting RR - You said that you were boosting him because he wasn't focusing on a person.
Jahudo wrote:@iLord, was this sentiment accurate throughout the game?
After the beginning, yeah.
Jahudo wrote:That makes sense, but looking at Electra will not help as much in finding scum today since she is not a lynch choice. I think there’s a handful of people that are essential to the catch up reads when looking at a lynch choice IMO {Jahudo, Guardian, Incognito, iLord}.
No Eldarad there is very interesting.
Jahudo wrote:@all: I said I was okay with boosting sthar after RR so unless there's any objections I can make it official.
I'm fine.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #99) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:51 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:Not by definition because I would take into account how they go with the attention or lack thereof by the group, or if they are using that spotlight to scum-interpret everything someone says. I stand by my opinion that it helped get people talking and developed better reads, but the info on SL as an instigator is tough to decipher because she went negative, pressured by Incog or not.
There's a lot of words here and not a lot of statements. I'm going to try and break it down - Am I right when I think that you are trying to say: "SL was protown because she's allowed me to get a better read of Incognito"?
Jahudo wrote:Do you think my opinions are fake because of illogical inconsistencies? Is part of it a gut feeling?
Mostly because of not likely to be genuine poor logic, and now contradictions.
Jahudo wrote:Where did I say that?
Jahudo wrote:Boost: Raging Rabbit
I like his recent posting. He's scumhunting but not focusing too heavily on one person or one point, but it looks like he's paying attention to alot of the dynamics going on.
GC wrote:--Strong Town--
sthar
TDC
Why TDC?

---------------------------------------

I'm going to look at the other arguments going on later.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #100) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:34 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:iLord is totally winning his argument with eldarad, only I don't think eldarad's attack on iLord's boosting and list being crap is indicative of that much. A bad point in itself doesn't tell me too much, townies make them quite often as well. Still, iLord's recent posting feels less scummy and he's generating lots of discussion, so I think he's worth keeping around for now.
RR, you have to look at the nature of his poor points. He has continously attacked me for how my list looks contrived, and I have continously told him that it did not contain why, and that he should specify where he feels that my list is contrived so I can explain.
However, he has ignored this, and instead, continues to attack me for it!

In addition to that, he continues to push the first point - the one that it is least likely for him to not realize that it is a poor point. He's afraid of backing out!

You probably need to give RG more time - it's finals week and he's from AOPS.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #101) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:12 am

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:And what's AOPS, by the way?
Art of Problem Solving. It's a math site for students.
RR wrote:It's still odd for you to post all those thoughts as notes for yourself rather than a basis of susicion, and that summary post doens't look very good to me either. I can see why both Incog and eldarad dislike it, despite your version being plausible as well. I fail to see why eldarad pushed the boost order attack in the first place, but apparantly something in the structure of your town-scum colored list confused people. To me that doesn't mean all that much.
My point is independent of what anyone else thinks of my summary post - Eldarad has stated that he has felt it was contrived. I explained why it may seem so, and asked him to ask me about what he feels is contrived. Then, he does not ask me any questions, prefering instead to attack my summaries again. Do you see where I feel that he is scummy?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #102) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 am

Post by iLord »

Eldarad wrote: I assumed you classifed people as one of {town, neutral, scum} so yes, I completely expected you to put people into one of 3 categories.
So you're saying that you can magically name the 3 most townie players, but you can't name the 4th?
And within those categories, there would be no degrees?

I can easily name the top three most townie players, but after that, it understandably becomes more difficult. If I’d have to name a fourth, I’d say TDC.
Eldarad wrote: I can't remember who it was, but someone said that you could have arranged your list in any order you wished, as the narrative on each player gave no clue as to how scummy (or not) they were. That's completely true and I have a problem with that.
I don't want an in-depth analysis of all your reads, but I would expect that when you posted your scumdar that there would be reasons in there.
Why did you decide to post a scumdar without any reasons at all? What did you hope to achieve?
Again, I find myself saying this:
Where do you feel that my scumlist was contrived? I’ll expand on what area you name. You have continuously ignored this statement.
My reasoning for my tactic was twofold – I wanted to state who I was suspicious of so that voice could be on record, and I wanted to see who I was suspicious of. It helped record stuff that I thought was scummy, and let me isolate people for contradictions and the such.
Eldarad wrote: What factors made you disapply this principle when posting your scumdar? Or is the principle specific to discussing claims? Do you not think it would have value when applied to people's scumdars?
You’re sorely mistaken – this principle is why I posted my summaries – so that my opinions would be on record.
Eldarad wrote: This was the answer I was expecting when I first asked the question. Why did it take you so long to say this?
Given that you had been waiting to boost Electra for some time, why wait until posting your scumdar to change your boost vote? What made #452 a better time to boosthammer Electra than any other post?
Oh, I get it now – you’re trying say the whole thing was a “trap” to see if I said that? :rolleyes:

At the time of #452, we had agreed that we were to start boosting now and that a deadline was imminent. It had little to do with posting my scumdar.
Eldarad wrote: Yes I am strongly of the opinion that you avoided confrontation with Incog for quite a while, preferring instead to allow SL to do all the running.
You have also explained how you preferred to "shape" SL's case rather than present your own points. Which I found - and still find - significant since you then went on to ask people their opinion on springlullaby's case.
Are you kidding me – Incognito and I started arguing almost literally the second I stated I was suspicious of him? Did you even bother to check your facts?

There were a number of reasons for asking people about their opinions of springlullaby’s case. One, I had no case – it was selective points of SL’s that I was pushing. Second, SL had more points and people might not find what I think is scummy is scummy, but rather some other point that I found weak. Third, I wanted specific people’s opinions of SL’s case. I wanted to know what points they found weak and what points they agreed with.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #103) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by iLord »

Huntress wrote:This was in reply to a comment by Jahudo. It was iLord who showed an early suspicion of you.
Suspicion, might I add, that I retracted.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #104) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by iLord »

Incognito pointed out what I was going to point out :(.
Jahudo wrote:Yes.
How is that indicative of town? Scum could easily do that - in fact, scum want to put the spotlight on other players.
Jahudo wrote:This is just semantics but when I boosted him I wasn’t arguing whether he focused on a person or not, but that I didn’t think he was focusing exclusively to the point of being tunnel-visioned. That’s why I said he paid attention to other parts of the game too.
I need to look back, but I have a comment on this, I think.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #105) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Jahudo wrote:I said that because I previously thought the ad-hom attacks were more one-sided. That was 1 issue I have had with your posts and while I still think it is a valid point, it's not as strong a tell for me because SL was guilty of some ad-hom too. But I will re-gather my suspicions into one post to make it clear to others why I'm voting you.
Re-gather your suspicions? That sounds way too much like scrambling to justify a mistake.
Incognito wrote:Me and iLord thinking alike? No wai! o_O
O Rly?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #106) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:25 am

Post by iLord »

sthar8 wrote:That's fine, because I don't think anyone misunderstands your intentions in that post at this point. I happen to think it is very scummy to provide suspicions without reasoning, and I feel that it is very probable that scum would provide some kind of summary or notes to flesh out the post without giving the town any info we can use.
There's no way I can put down all of my thoughts in this game down at the same time. My summaries do not give the rest of the town a lot of info to use. However, if you ask me why I put someone somewhere, then I'll explain my reasoning.

A lot of people all calling me out because my summaries appear "contrived" but no one has yet to point out where, so that I could elaborate. Similarily, you're saying that the lack of opinion is scummy, when I have offered to give my opinion to whatever you ask.

And, because I need to be proactive, I started actively posting cases against my top suspects. I don't see the reason to go to great lengths to explain who why I think a certain player is town if no one cares.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #107) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Eldarad wrote:However, as you have already demonstrated, sometimes you change your opinion without announcing it in-thread so I wanted to pin you down on the reasons for the change when you made the change rather than leave you with wiggle-room on a later Day to say that your opinion at changed some time earlier in a similar way to when your opinion on Electra's claim changed some time after the reason you changed your mind was posted but some time before you announced it in-thread.
Fair enough.
Eldarad wrote:Here's the rub though. If you boosted Electra in order to boost-hammer her since we were nearing deadline, then that is a perfectly acceptable reason for boosting her even if she isn't the 2nd towniest on your list. There would be nothing wrong with unboosting Guardian - even if he was number 2 on your list - in favour of someone you reckon is town and can be boost-hammered.
But apparently that isn't the reason why you boost-hammered. That's fine too - and I'm pleased that we've managed to remove that element of ambiguity from your boost-vote.
The reasoning was because of my read of her - the timing was because of the circumstance. I was intending to boost her because I believed she was town. I boost-hammered her at that moment because we needed to start boosting players.

And don't try and just pass this away as "trying to catch me on my opinion." That's just an excuse for pushing a weak point that failed. If you look at your original post:
Eldarad wrote:If you think that Guardian is a townie then it doesn't make sense to unboost him in favour of another person who you also think is a townie, unless you are deliberately trying to (over)emphasise how you are carefully boosting only the two people right at the top of your townie list.
I don't understand why you would unboost someone that you believe to be town.
That's not a prod - that's an attack. And I find it very suspicious that you are tying to change that.
Eldarad wrote:But you did both in the same post. If you're saying that the scumdar and the boost were unrelated then I suspect that is something that will come as a surprise to most other players.
So what if they were in the same post? I'm sure other players without a need to construe attacks against me will see that I've already mentioned that I was going to boost Electra before - it was simply time to boost her.
Eldarad wrote:I wonder if I am the only person who hasn't gotten the sense that the iLord-Incog argument has been valuable, meaningful and centred on this game (rather than discussing whether anti-town motivation can diminish a good point, etc). Maybe. I doubt it though.
You're ridiculously obviously trying to distract from the point. Your original post:
Eldarad wrote:Yes I am strongly of the opinion that you avoided confrontation with Incog for quite a while, preferring instead to allow SL to do all the running.
You have also explained how you preferred to "shape" SL's case rather than present your own points. Which I found - and still find - significant since you then went on to ask people their opinion on springlullaby's case.
You start off saying that I avoided confrontation with Incognito, and now you've mutated your point to the fact that our discussion wasn't meaningful, no doubt implying that we were distancing.
Guardian wrote:pps: eldarad is still scum, amirite?
Most definitely. We need more votes on Eldarad.
Jahudo wrote:I said it was pro-town. That doesn’t mean they are town. Yes I can see scum doing that but wouldn’t they also be putting themselves into a spotlight by making these accusations? I think it helps gain a read on both the accuser and the accused.
Original Post:
Jahudo wrote:I'm not sure what spring is trying to say with "8 out of 10 persons reserving judgment are scum...". If she said something like "I think people who reserve judgment are anti-town" it wouldn't sound like a baseless accusation.
I do like how she called you out for being passive aggressive, even if it isn't an accurate term to use. The reaction posts I saw of you did not look passive aggressive, so I think she succeeded in prodding you to gain a better read for us. At this early point in the game,
I'm getting some town vibes from Incognito and I would from spring too if not for that 8 out of 10 thing which I think needs a further explanation.
No where did you say that it was pro-town. In fact, the underlined part implied that you said it was indicative of town.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #108) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by iLord »

sthar8 wrote:See, this is exactly the problem I have with that post. You state who you find to be the scummiest, then you try to put the burden on the town to figure out why, or to question you more closely. Not explaining why someone is town is fine, and might actually be protown at this point, but you didn't give any reasons for your scumreads. It's more helpful for us to know what you're thinking when you make your list, not what you're thinking a week later when someone gets around to asking you about it.
I believe I stated that I was in the process of acting upon my scumreads. Like my Jahudo case that came a little bit afterword.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #109) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 am

Post by iLord »

sthar8 wrote:The simple fact is that you voted without reasoning, then presented your case six days and (more importantly) two pages later. And nowhere in your summary post do you mention upcoming cases. This seems really scummy to me.
I was mistaken in that account - I did not mention that I was making a Jahudo case, something I thought I said. However, I did mention that I was working on it a few posts down.

Why is voting and then promising a case later scummy?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #110) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:My read of iLord is somewhat in flux -- I still do think his list-making and summary posts do look contrived, but I'm wondering if maybe he's just slightly weird town. I'm also still bothered by his early coaching of springlullaby as I think the only way a person can really coach someone on how to attack someone else is by knowing the coachee's alignment. I think I'd rather support Jahudo's lynch over iLord's lynch at this current time though.
Again, I must repeat that motive does not weaken magnitude. SL's points's strength is not affected by her alignment. I found two points strong, and I found you scummy. So, I continously advised SL to drop the weak points because I wanted the case to be successful.
Jahudo wrote:@iLord: I haven't replied to some of the points you've written that weren't posed as questions. Are there any you want responses to specifically?
This is where my bad memory kicks in - I don't even remember you dropping points.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #111) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by iLord »

aasdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:An opinion on alignment at that point in the game was dependent entirely on whether you believe scum could/would claim at that point. I hadn't seen anything like that before so I didn't know what to make of it.
Why didn't you say that you didn't know what to make of it?
Jahudo wrote:What was your note on this?
Hmm. I don't really remember, even after looking.

Another question does call into mind right now, though.

Who do you think was exaggerating the suspicion?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #112) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Jahudo wrote:I should have, but spending time on Skillit's attack became a priority for the first few pages.
It takes one line to say that you have no clue what to believe. The above is an invalid excuse.
Jahudo wrote:RR but looking back at it the questions don't look unreasonable.
Of course - your foresight prevented me from bagging you on this one, but the quoted is very obviously feigned so that your opinions can correlate with what you stated them to be.
Eldarad wrote:So I guess the point I'm making is that without giving the reasons why a post is scummy, saying that you don't like a post doesn't really cut much ice. And saying, for example, "no reasoning for non-gut reads" does not tell us whether iLord thinks this is scummy or not.
You're right, it doesn't tell whether or not I think it's scummy. I didn't say whether or not individual points were scummy. I didn't put down all of my thoughts - most people don't have to time to do such. So, I stuck my opinions out there, and asked you to question, so that I wouldn't have to waste time puting everything, only stuff that people wanted to know, and would read.
Eldarad wrote:So you're saying that you voted for Jahudo without posting any reasons, and that your reasoning will be provided if people ask.
Are you planning to post reasons for your vote on me? Is it - like Guardian's vote - based on a single post or did your read from #452 contribute to your decision. How so?
I was planning to post a case on Jahudo - my vote was meaningless if I didn't convince people. I neglected to mention that I was making a case in that post. The reasons for my vote on you are obvious enough, and are reasons that I have restated multiple times in thread. It is based heavily on our conversation after your attack on me.
Eldarad wrote:Yeah, it's an attack. But it's an attack to pin you down on something.
You sound like you're aggrieved that you didn't know what I was trying to achieve . I have no problem with that.
That's not the type of attack I meant. I mean an attack to get someone lynched, as opposed to an attack to figure out whether or not a player is scum. My attack on Jahudo was to get him lynched - it wasn't to figure out his alignment. Your post was not a "prod" post. It was a post stating that you believed I was scum. It's quoted below:
Eldarad wrote:I still find iLord scummy, and could see him as scum independently of my Guardian-Incog scumpair theory. Although I also think an iLord-Guardian-Incog scumteam is totally consistent with what I have seen so far.

#452 does nothing to alleviate my concerns, and I share the view of RR and Incog that his "reads" are objective summaries rather than his own opinions.
If I had to summarise the whole of #452 in one word, I would use "contrived"
The bit that, if anything, bothers me the most is how iLord unboosts someone he thinks is town in order to have the top two in his list as the ones he boosts.

The pieces of the iLord-Guardian-Incog scumpuzzle begin to come together when you see that iLord has - in his characteristic devoid-of-actual-opinion way - listed one of his scumbuddies as "town" and the other one as "scum".
Gosh, he's as cunning as a fox who has just won the Nobel prize for Cunning.
That is not even asking me to respond - it's just stating that you think I'm scum.
Eldarad wrote:Maybe. Yet there was ambiguity there that we have managed to remove. Yay for us.
Attempting to pass this off as a prod is not working.
Eldarad wrote:I was specifically responding to your hyperbole about how you and Incog had been arguing for ages and that I obviously hadn't been reading the thread.
To clarify: I don't think you have had a long or meaningful argument with Incog about his alignment or yours.
I also think that you specifically avoided confrontation with Incog earlier by allowing sl to do all the work.
I never said that we had argued for an extended period of time. We literally started arguing the second I named him as scum.

By what standards do you define meaningful? Incognito and I had a long dicussion about the others alignment.

Again, you have yet to point out where I avoided confrontation - was there a point in the thread were Incognito was attacking SL for her case and not me for the two points?

I maintain that you are purposely avoiding looking back for this point. Purposely because you seem to have enough time to look back at my summary post, and answer questions about it, but not enough to see the events occuring after my first summary post.

---------------------------------------------

I will not lynch Huntress - mostly because I think there's better targets, since I haven't read the posts concerning her at all.

I fully support an Eldarad or Jahudo lynch. I would really much have one of those two than anyone else. They've been really glaringly scummy.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #113) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:Hmm. There's a portion of the iLord/eldarad argument that concerns me. iLord, I think the point eldarad is trying to make is that he never got the impression that you ever came after me early on, and I, too, never got that impression as well. You maintained that you were suspicious of me because of the two "good points" that you felt springlullaby had against me, but I never got the impression that you forcefully came after me to push for my lynch. I think there's a distinct difference between the way springlullaby attacked me, the way Raging Rabbit attacked me, and the way you... mentioned suspicion of me. While RR and springlullaby came at me directly, you seemed to be hanging along the coattails of the argument almost like an instigator who was trying to mold springlullaby's argument into perfection without ever really lending your own distinct support.

The argument that ensued between me and you only came about when I came at you as I directly mentioned to you that I felt your reads looked contrived, and I couldn't understand how you could think I was scummy but still used one of the ideas I came up with to clear another player (fuzzylightning) as town in your mind. That never made much sense to me and that was the only argument that I felt came between us at that time.
I never wanted you lynched to the extent that SL did. You have to keep in mind that you were still my second suspect, and that I wanted to focus more on RR. Still, even without forming my distinct argument, we still dicussed the points that I felt were valid against you:
Incognito wrote:Also please explain why my vote on springlullaby "binged" your scumdar. I also don't understand the portion about politeness either and why you think practically all of the points springlullaby has raised against me are weak but yet you still read her as town and me as scum who's defended himself well.

You also seem to imply that there are some strong points out there against me that springlullaby could use against me to suggest that I'm scum but in your paragraph about me you say that you're leaning scum on me "due to gut". What exactly do you think are the strong points then?

iLord wrote:The excessive amount of doubt you put up behind the springlullaby vote and how you sort of built up to it read really scummy. The doubtful reasoning about how you are attacking him because you can't see his reasoning is a weak scummy OMGUS. Townies are very often mistaken in their cases. Here's the posts in question:
Incognito wrote:I don't think this makes much sense either. One of your major points against me is how I didn't immediately share my thoughts about Electra's page 1 stuff. Your other major point essentially boils down to me sharing my thoughts about another player's attack against me in temporal order. So if I don't share my thoughts about someone immediately it's scummy and if I do share my thoughts about someone as those thoughts progress it's scummy too? You can't have it both ways.
And so on...
Eldarad wrote:Incog's #642 is right. I did "check my facts" despite what iLord says, and at no point does iLord attack Incog or accuse him of being scum except in his list(s) where...there are no reasons.
Just one example:
iLord wrote:In fact, these points actually fortify each other. You didn't comment on Electra, so we have no idea how scummy or townie your reactions could've been. But now that you do state town how you think about stuff as it happens, we can actually read you.

And you're reading like scum.
------------------------------------------------

Unvote, Vote Jahudo
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #114) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:59 am

Post by iLord »

I just looked back:

Why is Jahudo only at two?

From the context of the posts, I thought everyone was satisfied with a Jahudo lynch.

Huntress, Electra, sthar8, and Eldarad: Do you support a Jahudo lynch?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #115) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:41 am

Post by iLord »

Huntress wrote:I'm coming round to the possibility but I'd still prefer an Eldarad lynch. I didn't get a scummy vibe on Jahudo from my initial or individual read but since then I've been feeling a bit more uncomfortable about him. I will have another look at him to see if I can work out exactly why.
I'd prefer and Eldarad lynch, but with the deadline looming, we have to reach a majority, something an Eldarad lynch cannot seem to do.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #116) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 am

Post by iLord »

Jahudo wrote:It sounded more like alot of people wanted to specifically read my post history. I'd like to know how you got the conclusions that they agreed with something while they were reading it.
I dunno, I thought I read a lot of agreement.

I will lynch Eldarad or Jahudo.

I really don't want to lynch Huntress today. I will lynch her over no lynch, though.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #117) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by iLord »

We are in an extreme time crunch.

sthar8, your vote to Jahudo if you will.

Electra, yours as well.

Jahudo's at L-2 right now.

Eldarad and Huntress need to consider Jahudo over no lynch, especially Huntress since there's little way that Eldarad's getting lynched today.

Jahudo, you should most definitely vote yourself to avoid getting us a no lynch, as well as claiming.

I think only around 28 hours left - we need to hurry!
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #118) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by iLord »

asdf
sthar8 wrote:Because it allows you to gauge responses before committing to the case. Because it requires the town to guess about your reasoning and motives. Because it could be an attempt to shift attention, in the same way I believe Crazy's "coughpressure" was intended to. Because it might bait a townie into making their own case that you can leech off of.
Wouldn't you rather have someone post their opinions when they can, even if they don't have time for a case?
sthar8 wrote:Wow, you're scummy.

28 hours is plenty of time, and huntress is at L-3 to Jahudo's L-2.
It'd be vice-versa if you changed your vote :evil: .

28 hours is not a lot of time.

How is that scummy? - I'm trying to engineer a Jahudo lynch before deadline.
GC wrote:I think iLord's most recent post (674) is exceptionally odd not because it's a push for a Jahudo lynch but rather a push for a not-Huntress lynch. He asks only two people to vote for Jahudo and of those (random?) two they're both on the Huntress wagon.
Make no mistake - that's a push for a Jahudo lynch.
Jahudo wrote:I would claim if I got to L-1 and someone not on my wagon said they'd vote for me, but I wouldn't normally claim before that time. The problem is I might not have internet access if that were to happen right before the deadline tomorrow.

Similarly I'm voting for Huntress because it's the only other viable lynch now.
Exactly - since you won't be able to check, if we were to be able to get you lynched, then we wouldn't have your claim.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #119) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by iLord »

Huntress, why cut it so close? Do you think eldarad can be lynched today?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #120) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:41 am

Post by iLord »

adsfa
Jahudo wrote:Without a boost I’m vanilla town, I don’t do anything at night.
With a boost I can give someone pearls of wisdom.
Very odd. Same vein as Electra, which completely throws my set-up speculation out of the window.

Nothing to sway me either way here.
GC wrote:Then why did you chose only two people to single out to have them vote Jahundo - and why those two specifically?
I don't think it was just two - I was getting everyone I could to vote for Jahudo.
Ice wrote:I'm not going to have time for a full reread before tomorrow, but I read the first few pages and the last couple of pages. My main point in any game is that there must be a lynch on day one. I have read the points against Jahudo and Huntress and would rather see Huntress lynched today than Jahudo.

vote: huntress
:(
Huntress wrote:I am pro-town and I can boost one player during the night. There was no role-name or title on my PM.
Boost during the night? Do they get to use any Boost powers that night? Or do they get them the next night?

--------------------------------------------------------

I definitely don't want to lynch Huntress now - let's lynch Jahudo!
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #121) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:49 am

Post by iLord »

ice wrote:unvote - vote: Jahudo
Huntress, vote Jahudo now?

As much as I would like getting Eldarad lynched, it's not going to happen. And the chances of Incognito getting lynched are slimmer still.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #122) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 am

Post by iLord »

Eldarad wrote:I'm here.

Huntress' attitude towards Electra's claim is consistent with her role claim. There's so much I don't like about Huntress' play but...gah.

unvote
vote Jahudo
That's a good point - I'm going to go look to see if it's consistent with Crazy's reaction.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”