The Weakest Link 3 [Congrats VashtaNeurotic!]

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Mist7676 »

hi i did not receive this message
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 35, Noraa wrote:ego
we know you got one :igmeou:
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Steps on Weh but also saves her ig
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 112, Xalxe wrote:Mist, you may have beat Vash in
main matches
challenges, but he competed in more challenges than you did and won both duels. Therefore he did more challenges in the challenge-based game. Thoughts?

Vash, I love chaos. I see Mist as a very chaotic person. I do not see you as a chaotic person. I wish to reward chaos. Thoughts?

love you both hope you win!

i know :/ i wrote i competed in more challenges in my speech and then corrected it to add main challenges and not tie breaks. Consider this, only players who played challenges poorly initially were rewarded with more challenges.

also i appreciate being seen as chaotic :3c
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 113, kdowns wrote:P.s no need to pander for my vote. My vote had already been spoken for since the round before I went and I don’t plan on going against my word.
wait you never promised me your vote... did you promise vash your vote?????
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 114, Save The Dragons wrote:I like you both as people but feel like I just didn't interact with you guys the most this game compared to prejurors and other jurors.

Why should I vote for you? I dont care about strategy here or how you outlasted everyone, I wanna know why I personally should vote for you.

Oh and no words please. Please answer with three gifs instead of words. The gifs can have words. Thank you!
can i answer with videos instead
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

IDK considering I put in a lot of leg work to save you the first time, I'm sad! I had to convince shadow that we should save you and she burnt bridges to help me out for you. I literally severed my ties with Ethel because I had to keep saving you despite her not wanting that :oops:
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 130, VashtaNeurotic wrote:
In post 129, GeorgeBailey wrote:@Both

Congrats on F2!

What challenge do you think defined the game for you? Or, the one you shined the brightest at? Were there any tactics you used to get ahead that no one else thought of?

Vash sort of already answered this but I just want one example.
I mean, for me this is a long answer for why. The short answer is the final challenge.

Prior to the final challenge I began keeping score of how everyone was doing in challenges based on their overall placement (this was cause I realized I'd done better than shadow in 6 challenges, Shadow had done better than mist in 6 and mist had done better that me in 6, so clearly head to head didn't explain everything about performance). Anyway prior to the final challenge the scores looked like this (note I used 2 methods but the point is the same):
Spoiler:

I was doing ever so slightly better than mist before the final challenge. So like for any argument for me being better at challenges to hold, I needed to win that final challenge. If mist wins it then they beat me on points and the head to head. Not only did I win but I blew mist away, leading to this.
Spoiler:

A very dominant performance overall. I also find it funny that Fen was so good during his time in the game he kept pace with the rest of us despite us playing 3 more challenges.

If you don't like looking at spreadsheets and numbers, I've also illustrated this with pictures of dragons.

As for special strategies, while I did go into everything with a strategy (well that I could) I don't think I did anything revolutionary, just executed strong strategies near their full potential.
wait this is really cool. still 7-6 though :cop:
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 129, GeorgeBailey wrote:@Both

Congrats on F2!

What challenge do you think defined the game for you? Or, the one you shined the brightest at? Were there any tactics you used to get ahead that no one else thought of?

Vash sort of already answered this but I just want one example.
As a kind of cop out to this answer, I don't think there was a single challenge that defined my game. My strategy was always perform well enough to stay out of the bottom, which I accomplish until the final challenge. I did have a great score for 2048 being the only one to get the titular score, which I was proud of. In terms of an attitude shift, I think the second half of the game was where I started feeling more competent in my challenge abilities and started turning things around. I knew I wanted to come into the finale and talk about challenge scores so I wanted to be the very best
like no one ever was

Some tactics I'd use, and tips I shared with Noraa when I convinced them to join, was always have two tabs open for your forms because the forms takes you to the last page and clicking to resubmit gets away from the information you needed. So having a second form helps keep the information on the page and you can prefill the submiting info because the only thing that's registered is the submit. Sure that saves a few seconds but that could be the difference between some scores!

Another tactic I used was keeping notes throughout the game, and sometimes making that a collaborative thing to establish trust. Notes on what people say and how they score, notes on dates and times things are posted. Memory comps get so out of hand because it's so easy to perform well with basic notes so you have to start keeping track of everything in one place. That didn't come in handy this game, but I got to create a sheet with Shadow which was fun.

And finally the last moment where I shined was finding the idol. I had been passively taking in the clues and discussing them with folks but not really diving deep to find it. But I always made it a point to be on at every challenge in order to get the next clue and look around a bit. That paid off when the last clue was extremely revealing and I beat the players that had been working a lot harder to find it to the punch.

So what defined my game was not exceptional challenge strat or beasting one type of particular challenge, but a general preparedness and always being ready for action!
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 126, Ethel wrote:Hiya Mist and Vash,
As you might imagine, neither of you are someone I would like to vote for. I realize you approached this game as a challenge competition, and it might have just been meant as that, but I am very much a social-focused player. Therefore, I don't care much about challenge performance. This is also not really a question, but merely an explanation for my vote. As I cannot abstain, my vote will likely be for Vash.
I understand. You were amazing to play with by the way and I loved your stories. For me that was why I had to work against you! You were just so rootable and sweet that I knew you'd woo the jury with a story and the tale of how you got by through this game.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 114, Save The Dragons wrote:I like you both as people but feel like I just didn't interact with you guys the most this game compared to prejurors and other jurors.

Why should I vote for you? I dont care about strategy here or how you outlasted everyone, I wanna know why I personally should vote for you.

Oh and no words please. Please answer with three gifs instead of words. The gifs can have words. Thank you!

You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 148, Shadoweh wrote:being good at challenges and forcing everyone to promise you f2's and votes is a pretty good strategy huh :V
why did one of my f2's die before jury T.T
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Malkon05 wrote: -mist is the first person to lose more than 1 final.
unnecessary tbqh
You Are Worth It

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”