fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Alright, I apologize for missing the beginning of this game. I forgot to look for the thread and was waiting for a PM saying the game has started, after confirming, which never came.

I think Electra made a smart play for her, regardless of her alignment, but I am inclined to believe that she is doing it as a townie because it is a high risk situation for scum and I don't necessarily know that the reward for being boosted so early in the day would be worth it. I will however, withhold my boost vote for later because as it's been said, boosts cannot be taken back and we don't want to move too quickly until we have an idea of who we are going to lynch.

Regarding skillit's "attack" on Electra's argument, I think it has been misconstrued, the pun was there, and while cheeky and funny, it made it seem like you were making way too big a deal of it as you went on. I feel that if you have to explain your joke than it wasn't all that great to begin with, although I did like it.

I think that this game needs to be played fairly straight, but boosting must be kept in mind and we need to have an idea of those who we will definitely boost along with those we want to lynch, although lynching should come first because the boosting ends the day whereas a lynch may be taken back if boosts haven't been made.

Now as to my theory on the effects of boosting, I think it will work where any one-time roles will get a free use on that night, and any other roles will get an extra use. As far as vanilla's, I think information would make sense, or maybe NK immunity for the one night, which could be good for an almost lylo situation. As far as speculation on what would happen for the mafia, it depends on when the boost goes into effect, because if it is immediate i could see an extra NK or the ability to RB.

Well that's all for now, check in later if I have anything else
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

incognito wrote: Have all of your previous games been modded by mods who send PM's out when the game begins
No, but they have all sent out at least the link to the game in their role pm if they didn't say that it has started. I was expecting a link and never got it and didn't think to look for the game.

On to skillit's attack:

I think it was a poor attack on what was a good argument for Electra, who also defended herself quite well. But, I also think it was a less than serious attack, hence the quotations marks in my original post, which was later misconstrued to be a serious attack. I may be reading it wrong but that is just how I interpreted it. I will say that skillit went a little too far in his calling out of Electra not separating the scum into powers and not powers, b/c while it may be illogical, it isn't vital. I feel that he brought his wagon on himself, and that it is deserved, because he kept going on with something that I don't see there, so he made something that was not really all that serious in the beginning, to something major, his attack and the joke in his attack.
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

To whoever it was that was saying Skillit is at L-2, right now it doesn't really matter because no one can be lynched until two players are boosted, so we should only be moderately concerned about a certain persons vote count right now.

I am also leaning towards boosting Electra, because after re reading her posts there is something in my gut that just says she is town, and that boosting her would help us. So with that said
Boost: Electra

Crazy: You say that you are getting scum vibes from TDC and RR, where do you think they are coming from, because you really haven't shown anything against them.

Right now, I am not going to lie, I am completely confused on the springlullaby-incognito exchange, so I will have to re-read that to get some sort of read on whether that is town v. town squabbling or otherwise.
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:58 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Spring Lullaby's initial attack was nice to see because it brought him into the game (and I hope that this response brings me more into the game because I will admit that I feel my content has been lacking so far). As for the attack, it was interesting to see some pressure brought on to someone who hadn't really been pressured at all.

Incognito's response to the initial post was well reasoned and I liked it, and if I was just basing off of this I would believe that he is town. I agree that theoretical discussion is nice at times but at some point we need to get away from it and a desire to move on to more analytical discussion gains townie points with me. I don't mind the fact that he doesn't provide insights immediately and the reserving judgment argument makes no sense because if you reserve your judgment and make a well-thought out and reasoned case against someone you believe is scum you are more likely to catch scum rather than dribbling out reasons you believe someone to be scummy.

Lullaby questions the use of another's reasoning to clear someone else. I liked Incog's response because there really shouldn't be any need to repeat what someone else has said if you genuinely agree with it and provide another reason to believe something, as he does by pointing out Electra's own responses, which would clear someone more than anything else.

The random statistic doesn't sit well with me because he shows no evidence to back it up. If you are going to use a statistic, that's fine, although I don't agree with their use in this type of game because no games are played the same and I don't think players play the same exact way from game to game, but at least back up your statistic with empirical proof, otherwise I will call it unreasoned judgment, which I consider to be a scumtell.

One thing icognito said that didn't sit well with me at all, was the engaging in conversation and then "formulating gut reads" (in post 85, the portion beginning with weighted bombast). How is it possible to formulate a gut read after engaging a conversation for a while. I believe that a gut read is similar to a first impression which is garnered almost immediately, so I would like some clarification on this please.

Overall, I believe that spring's attack on incog is fairly weak and almost entirely dismissed because of the used of an unverified statistic. Incog also defends himself very well, and even points out the contradiction in the case by saying spring is asking questions of someone he thinks is scum, which he was criticizing incog of doing. Currently I am receiving a pro-town vibe from incog and a slight scum read from lullaby, but not enough for a vote, so
FoS: Springlullaby
, for a weak, contradictory case and that seemingly random statistic.
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Electra wrote: In terms of responses to it, I find fuzzylightning’s response kind of weird. He did a long analysis of it, and then ended with a FoS on springlullaby as a conclusion. How did you get to that point from the confusion you had a few posts ago? What was different about your read the first time and then the second?
To answer your question, the first time I read through it, I was just trying to see how the game was going and to get something written in the form of a post. The fact that I was confused by what was going on made me take a second, much closer look at everything that was said. When I read it a second time, I analyzed each post, point by point, and thats how I came up with my analysis of it. I still have the analysis saved on the computer, if you really want to see my thought process, but IMO it would take up way too much space in an already wordy game.

Thats all I have for now, look for more soon
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Lack of computer is getting on my nerves, expect a post tomorrow
0-1 as Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”