2022 Fantasy Baseball

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:20 am

Post by shiki »

/in both

if that is okay and so forth
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:52 am

Post by shiki »

okay, i think(?) i have successfully joined the league and done the when to draft thing

i would prefer one win as it more heavily incentivizes more potential strategies (zero sb, stacking closers, etc) but i am adaptable

anything that devalues stolen bases is generally pretty good as stolen bases are notably less valuable than walks and that is certainly not something that is reflected in traditional 5x5

though i guess looking at how the categories are currently set up (having both obp and total bases instead of ops, having both innings pitched and quality starts and no wins {and having infinite transactions and daily lineups}) it seems possible to me that the design was to heavily limit other potential strategies, especially with regards to pitching (as simply streaming your entire pitching staff will generally lead to winning strikeouts/innings pitched/quality starts every week and that is half of the pitching categories, with potential bonus of you picking up another category)

edit: oh it's k/9 nevermind

like i said, willing to weigh in but also happy to adjust based on whatever is chosen

edit #2: oh wow this league has been around since at least 2006? that's pretty cool and explains why yahoo and such
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 21, Galron wrote:I've been in another league for the past five years or so with K/9 and holds, which add a dynamic that spices things up.
i mostly only play in points leagues with weekly lineups

so this league will be a change of pace for me in general

i am excited!
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by shiki »

i would happily forego my preference to not have you be miserable
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:39 am

Post by shiki »

In post 51, Nero Cain wrote:Are we excited?
yes, very!

perhaps not as much today specifically as i would otherwise be due to postponed games

but! in general yes very excited

also thankyou for the reminder about the draft; i did not see it before the draft but i do very much appreciate your doing so
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Thu May 05, 2022 4:41 am

Post by shiki »

In post 65, Nero Cain wrote:I am enjoying shiki's ever changing team name
+)

this game often feels to me like we are ships passing in the night - i see the roster moves each of you makes and lineup adjustments but there isn’t really much direct interaction so i update my team name with what i am excited for or about at that time or how i am feeling or a song that is meaningful to me at that moment or some combination of the above when i check my team usually as a way of smiling and saying hi as we pass
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Wed May 11, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by shiki »

okay

let’s see
In post 67, Groose Caboose wrote:Is anyone looking for some help at pitcher? My pitching roster is absolutely loaded due to autodraft favoring pitchers for some reason and I could really use more bats.
i am unsure if you are solely referring to your starting pitchers here; if not i might be interested in kenley

but! you are probably not really looking for a league replacement level bat and it is difficult to value even a great reliever any higher than that when bednar et al are available

after the season we should probably collectively discuss roster and category configuration for next season (and having 4 or so more mafiascummers participate would be beneficial as well) to address things like this
In post 68, Kilgamayan wrote:I have five pure OFs I want to play and only four spots for them as long as Tellez is crushing everything in his path. I'd be willing to part with one and possibly some other stuff for some pitching (see Trading Block).
hmhmhm

jd martinez is ~approximately replacement level and the other four are probably unaffordable for me as i am unwilling to part with freddy or frankie and i doubt any combination of the others would be appealing enough to you

sano out for at least another month so i am in theory in need of a first baseman but! vladdy is the one i am fondest of but unfortunately did not have a high enough draft pick to obtain and do not really have a better trade to offer than one that was previously declined, so! (nonetheless i will continue to root for him) i added lourdes gurriel to cover sano and reyes on days they weren’t playing because expected additional days off until they started hitting and then gurriel got upgraded to full time first base with the sano injury and has mostly just been there as making marginal upgrades elsewhere more appealing to me so far; maybe next week

and! sano will triumphantly return eventually
In post 69, Groose Caboose wrote:I have no idea what I’m doing
this is how i feel pretty much constantly (having already had to try to correct for some pretty major errors in methodology)

but! i am very much enjoying the season so far and i think(?) it is starting to come together

edit: hm maybe after next week i will start doing a ‘the week that was’ sort of post from my perspective each sunday night/monday morning so those not participating might see how fun it is and want to play next year
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by shiki »

so frustrated with myself for missing montero’s hold on wednesday when innings pitched and saves/holds seem as though they are going to be extremely close this week

mistakenly thought he might be unavailable because 18 pitches the day before but i failed to realize that duran had pitched 3/4 days and was definitely unavailable

pitchers are pitching so so well and still i am letting them down

and many of you seem to regularly be much better than i am about not having holes in your lineups but i am watching and learning

no margin for error need to be better

but headed in the right direction certainly
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 88, Galron wrote:Is this a new league?
i do not believe so; if you search ‘fantasy baseball’ you can find the threads for each year going back quite a ways; nero cain has been the commissioner for the last few years and zoraster was before;

i think me, you and saladman (esperance spacemen) are the only new members this year and the other five were each present for last year as well
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am

Post by shiki »

In post 90, Galron wrote:Okay. Thanks. I guess I have a couple of suggestions -- nothing major -- but this being an established league I think it's probably best to leave things be.
i too have a couple of suggestions - i think after the season is probably the best time for compiling and discussing these
In post 91, Galron wrote:Sign me up for next season regardless.
me as well! i know i have been slacking about doing any sort of 'the week that was' type posts that i had planned on doing due to being fairly busy but! i am quite enjoying playing and find myself more invested than expected which is always a good thing
In post 92, Groose Caboose wrote:I personally am fine with category scoring but I think weekly records should be a straight win or a loss. A 7-5 win should be the same value as a 12-0 beat down of a garbage team in terms of seeding. That was what I believe most people (admittedly not all) wanted before the season started.
i would prefer this as well as i stated before the season but i was fine with either as both were new to me et cetera and i don't have too many complaints with how that has worked out other than not having built for it to be the way it is as i thought it was going to be the other way; i think straight win/loss gives room for more potential strategies to be employed

i guess the main focus for the future to me would be finding additional managers as only really having seven is kinda unfortunate and i will try to start making the aforementioned posts with that goal in mind as it is hard for me to think of any other way to show other members of the site who may be largely unfamiliar with fantasy baseball how fun and engaging it is

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”