Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Hi Korts.

Alright, if it's not Tony I don't know who was responsible for the no kill, but it's not me. Obviously, that doesn't mean anything to town, so shall I claim or what? Claiming my role could help town, but it could also help mafia.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:18 am

Post by farside22 »

bionicchop2 wrote:
farside22 wrote: Bio what makes you think Lawrencealot is Mr. Stabby?
He was in my '2nd tier' of reasons for the no kill on N4 related to the drunken homestay. With Lawrence and Landlord being the only 2 affected, it can only be lawrence if this is the reason. The stabbings started on N3 and Landlord joined during day 4.

If Lawrence is not scum / killer, then we are probably in the 3rd tier of possibilities and will not be able to find scum using the information of the no kill. The 3rd tier includes intentional no kill and it also includes a blanket protection by the moderator (or even landlord)
Landlord wrote:EBWOP:

I targeted mafiaSSK, and everyone else but myself.
This quote caught my eye on my final skim the previous day. I saw it as too much of a long shot to be worth speculating on when Tony being blocked was a far simpler explanation for the non-events of n4.

There are 4 players left who joined prior to the first stabbing: elvis, Forbidden, Lawrence, Farside. Out of those, Lawrence is most likely the culprit from my perspective.
Very clear. I missed that. Actually I think I'm in too many games and forgot about that, but I see your point now.
I really need to look back at something that is bothering me and see if I'm right before placing my vote which will be for Lawrence.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Landlord »

vote: Lawrence
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I looked into what bugged me and I was wrong. I would like to hear from those who haven't posted since entering the game there thoughts on what and who. BM seems to have 1 or 2 scums in each new installment of people and No I am not going to say "Oh there was only one kill" that just could mean a forgetful scum or someone trying not to get caught.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Korlash »

Alright... Did my little reading thingy and even made a sketch...

So let's see... this line... is... um... and this one... uh...

Anyway my thoughts on killers so far would make Ash good for the two shot-gun deaths, and Lord Hur good for the "gross deaths" (eaten/dismembered)

Although you can switch them... make Lord the shotgun and Ash the gross doesn't matter...

Anyways... So we have 4 people good for the stabbings... The first stabbing happened before the pub so my theory of broken glass is shot... (laughs) So I have to fall back on the fact Lawrence was incompasitated the night of no kill like everyone else..

Litral's death is a little more complicated... I would think Fonz or TM may have been given some vig opprotunity from the beer. I also think Elvis could have done it as I have seen no effect from the wine yet. so the only living person I would suggest did it would be Elvis. Although there could possibly have been Forbidden who gained two kills from the glass... But that seems unlikely...

After that Bionic, K7, and Korts are all a toss up for me. They could be anything.

Now I ignored landlord... so... I may have missed something there...

Anyways, I would be fine with lynching Lawrence...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Korlash »

Oh hey scratch some of that... Farside did you hit Litral over the head with your "big stick" shotgun? ... That makes more sense then wine...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Korlash »

Hey last thing I swear... I also think Elvis may be good for the stabbings if it's not Lawrence. It's possible the wine somehow stopped her from killing. Although I think it's slightly less likely then Lawrence...

Yup... last post... >.>

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The wine had no effect on me. You can tell by how I was posting and active while lawrence was passed out from his bottle of alcohol.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Korlash wrote:Oh hey scratch some of that... Farside did you hit Litral over the head with your "big stick" shotgun? ... That makes more sense then wine...
All I was told was I had a shot gun with not bullets. I actually asked the mod if I can beat someone with it using it as a vig tool. I got no comment back from that.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Korlash »

And of course you know this being mafia the possibility one or both of you are lying still means your both good suspects...

And on a more logical based note the fact there are two unexplained kills means Lawrence cannot be responicble for both.

Ok, with that out of the way... Yup I got nothing...
Elvis wrote:The wine had no effect on me. You can tell by how I was posting and active while lawrence was passed out from his bottle of alcohol.
In order to keep my theory alive I would point out With Lawrences case we all witnessed the effect, in your case we only have your word. Just becuase we couldn't see anything happen, doesn't mean it didn't.

Also theres a possibility the wine made you inactive at night and the rum made lawrence inactive during the day. Then again... maybe the Vodka made someone inactive during the day, and the rum made them inactive during the night AND day. It may account for the price difference.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Lawrencelot wrote: Obviously, that doesn't mean anything to town, so shall I claim or what? Claiming my role could help town, but it could also help mafia.
With shortened day periods, I can't see any way claiming before L-1 would be a bad thing since you are likely heading there. It will give us more time to digest.
The above written statement is pro-town.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

farside22 wrote:BM seems to have 1 or 2 scums in each new installment of people and No I am not going to say "Oh there was only one kill" that just could mean a forgetful scum or someone trying not to get caught.
I would agree and suspect scum did join in the last group too. The smaller groups are hit or miss, but it seems like the big groups (starting group and the group that joined day 3) all had scum in them (or killer if the stabber is acting alone). I wouldn't see only 1 kill as a reason to think no new scum joined. We don't know if each new scum joining earlier acted as individuals (that seems way too difficult to win in this setup) or as a group.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Korlash wrote:
Elvis wrote:The wine had no effect on me. You can tell by how I was posting and active while lawrence was passed out from his bottle of alcohol.
In order to keep my theory alive I would point out With Lawrences case we all witnessed the effect, in your case we only have your word. Just becuase we couldn't see anything happen, doesn't mean it didn't.

Also theres a possibility the wine made you inactive at night and the rum made lawrence inactive during the day. Then again... maybe the Vodka made someone inactive during the day, and the rum made them inactive during the night AND day. It may account for the price difference.
You're saying that maybe wine had no effect on me during the day, but then later, prevented me from night actions? Delayed drunken stupor? It's never worked that way for me in real life...

Also, it has to do with quantity. One glass wasn't enough to make me pass out like one pint of beer didn't make those people pass out and lose day or night actions/activity. Lawrence drank a whole bottle, which could kill you or at least prevent you from doing anything (completing night kills).
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

elvis_knits wrote:
Korlash wrote:

You're saying that maybe wine had no effect on me during the day, but then later, prevented me from night actions? Delayed drunken stupor? It's never worked that way for me in real life...

Also, it has to do with quantity. One glass wasn't enough to make me pass out like one pint of beer didn't make those people pass out and lose day or night actions/activity. Lawrence drank a whole bottle, which could kill you or at least prevent you from doing anything (completing night kills).
I wouldn't argue about how it would work IRL, this game is nothing like real life. For example, if one can kill someone with an empty glass, why can't he with a full glass? I'm not sure if you are indeed responsible for the kill, but what Korlash said is something I'm going to keep in mind.

Anyway, we don't have a lot of time so I'll claim now. I'm a Copycat, though not in the sense that I copy someone else's role or abilities. When something happens to me, I have to choose someone else, and the same will happen to them (this made me send lots of clarification pms to the mod, so I expect questions from you as well). Yes, this counts for being nightkilled as well, and even for being lynched. Note that my ability is obligatory, but not when nothing happens to me.

Only 1 thing happened to me in this game, and that's the alcohol thing. When I drank the rum, I couldn't post during the day, so I had to choose someone else who also couldn't post during the day. Not seeing any benefit of having less information, and because I was curious whether he was in fact a player and what would happen, I chose Landlord. Luckily BM himself kept posting :P.

About the delayed alcohol effect, could it be that Litral died of the alcohol as well? If so, then Elvis not being able to do night actions while he posted before, is not that unbelievable.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Korlash »

I don't see the act of being "bashed in the head" relating from some type of beverage consumption...

I believe in order to physically be bashed in the head you either need a second person or object there, or would have to really really hate yourself.
Elvis wrote:You're saying that maybe wine had no effect on me during the day, but then later, prevented me from night actions? Delayed drunken stupor? It's never worked that way for me in real life...

Yes quantity is important. In life after you drink a beer or a glass of wine do you pass out right then and there? no... Most people keep on dancing and talking and driving like usual. The downside would be the aftermath. The above mentioned "passing out" and of course the well known "hangover." One glass of wine may have side effects "later" where-as a full bottle had them imediately.

I doubt Forbiddon has ever killed a man with an empty gass in real life either yet it worked that way here didn't it? I think Lawrence put it best when he said this game is nothing like real life...
Lawrence wrote:Anyway, we don't have a lot of time so I'll claim now. I'm a Copycat, though not in the sense that I copy someone else's role or abilities. When something happens to me, I have to choose someone else, and the same will happen to them (this made me send lots of clarification pms to the mod, so I expect questions from you as well). Yes, this counts for being nightkilled as well, and even for being lynched. Note that my ability is obligatory, but not when nothing happens to me.
You do know this claim will only make you MORE likely to be lyched right? I'll explain that later...

So YOU are a copy cat... that makes other people copy you? You do realize how fishy that sounds right? Although with the fact there was a "raidiation suit salesman" I wouldn't doubt the possibility...

Define "something." Do you mean anything? If you are Doc protected, Rbed, investigated, etc... do they ALL count as something? Or only things you are TOLD about?

And you do know we could lynch you, and if you are telling the truth, could have Elvis lynched with you. (Hypothetically.. insert town's overall second pick) That would get rid of our two biggest suspects at once.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Korlash wrote:Define "something." Do you mean anything? If you are Doc protected, Rbed, investigated, etc... do they ALL count as something? Or only things you are TOLD about?
Yes, they all count as something. When I'm protected, I must choose someone else who will be protected, for example. I only don't know what happens when I'm investigated, I have to choose someone else, but I don't know if the cop/watcher/tracker will get two results, or 1, or whatever.
And you do know we could lynch you, and if you are telling the truth, could have Elvis lynched with you. (Hypothetically.. insert town's overall second pick) That would get rid of our two biggest suspects at once.
True. But then you won't have me around anymore to do other useful things with (two doc protects for example). And you'd have to trust me. But if you trust me, why would you lynch me... I think this is not a really good reason to get me lynched.

Btw, I have to choose my target
after
I'm told what happens to me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Lawrencelot 4 (BionicChop, Forbiddanlight, Elvis Knits, Landlord)

Not Voting: Korlash, Surye, Killa Seven, Lawrencelot, Farside22, Korts

With 10 alive, 6 votes will lynch.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

unvote

I think I understand the role based on your description. I do also see how it can be dangerous for town as well as helpful. I wonder how BM would handle double actions on you - say you were protected and killed. It seems like you would only duplicate the successful action (protection).
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

True. But then you won't have me around anymore to do other useful things with (two doc protects for example). And you'd have to trust me. But if you trust me, why would you lynch me... I think this is not a really good reason to get me lynched.
Actually, it is a good reason. First, if you are telling the truth, we'll likely catch scum based on getting a second pick today. If you aren't, we lynch scum directly. It feels win win to me.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If we don't lynch lawrence, I say forbiddanlight for her irresponsible day-vigging and then trying to shift blame to the whole group rather than take responsibility for her actions.
Talk nerdy to me.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If we don't lynch lawrence, I say forbiddanlight for her irresponsible day-vigging and then trying to shift blame to the whole group rather than take responsibility for her actions.
How about you for attempting to make me a scapegoat for an action you know needed to be done to resolve all that freaking WIFOM. Most of you would have done the same, but probably have justified it better.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:14 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

forbiddanlight wrote:First, if you are telling the truth, we'll likely catch scum based on getting a second pick today. If you aren't, we lynch scum directly. It feels win win to me.
oooohhhh. Didn't think about that. He would get to lynch somebody else today.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

i wonder if lawrence gets that power over day events, like lynching, or just night actions. I would think night actions, but who knows.
Talk nerdy to me.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote:i wonder if lawrence gets that power over day events
He said he did (going home drunk).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay.

I wonder if actions even work on landlord... that's who lawrence said he targetted right?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”