urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:29 am

Post by urielzyx »

Vote: ClockworkRuse
for being the only one here I'm currently playing in another game...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by urielzyx »

just a question, how far away from GMT is CDT?

Mod Edit: 6 hours. In other words, it would be about 10:00 pm in GMT right now, and 4:00 pm in CDT right now.
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by urielzyx »

CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote: Machiavellian-Mafia
Vote: Ramus

I'm gonna call his early bluff.

Mod: What is the policy on unvoting?

Mod Edit: It is not necessary to unvote to vote another player, but it is appreciated.
I would think since we are on RV's it would make as much sense to self vote as to RV, but hey, even scummy starts are something to go on, and the hole point of RV is to develop discussion, so
FoS: Ramus
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:04 am

Post by urielzyx »

CarnCarn wrote:
ortolan wrote:It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
I don't think he's scum for self-voting. Remind me to give my reasons for voting later (i.e., after the random stage).

The whole point of RV is to create discussion, why don't you want to discuss right now?
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by urielzyx »

I don't mind, about the self voting, why would it be scummy? RV's are for creating discussion and so RVing your self would be just as good as RVing someone else...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by urielzyx »

Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:52 am

Post by urielzyx »

EBWOP: Ignore the second part, I thought for a moment we were in AITH...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by urielzyx »

Ramus wrote: urielzyx's reasoning is also weak as I managed to start up discussion.

If you read the post instead of skimming through it, you will see that I was defending you and that I said I do not see why RVing yourself is scummy since it does create discussion...

Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
Is this a slip?
regarding what? the first part I was saying my opinion, and the second one I already EBWOPed to say that I got confused between this and another game I'm in(even specified the game) that also is on day one and has a few of the same players as here...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:59 am

Post by urielzyx »

Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
What was whiny about what I said?
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
what about FoS and IGMEOY?
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 am

Post by urielzyx »

ClockworkRuse wrote:What benefit would it be for scum to concentrate on someone else when someone is under heavy scrutiny?

That no one thinks you are scum?
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by urielzyx »

Well, if scum doesn't gain anything by focusing on somebody else , but does gain a lot by focusing on the same guy, then focusing on somebody else will make it so that no one thinks you are scum.
I know that up until here it looks stupid, but once you give an excuse as to why you are doing the non scummy thing(as you did) then people will start thinking you are scum...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:22 am

Post by urielzyx »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
urielzyx wrote:Well, if scum doesn't gain anything by focusing on somebody else , but does gain a lot by focusing on the same guy, then focusing on somebody else will make it so that no one thinks you are scum.
I know that up until here it looks stupid, but once you give an excuse as to why you are doing the non scummy thing(as you did) then people will start thinking you are scum...
So I'm scummy... for doing something that is not scummy, if I understand what you are saying.

no, the thing is, that you did something that doesn't look scummy over something that only slightly looks scummy, now that wouldn't be a problem normally, but you gave a pretty lame excuse to not doing one of them, that means you would have done it if you didn't have that excuse, thus, since the excuse is lame, I believe it was an attempt to cover for a different excuse, the real excuse is you didn't want to look scummy...
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by urielzyx »

ortolan, if someone(in this case Ramus) is accused of something, you should not answer for him, because then he doesn't need to think of a reason, if he is scum then accusing him might reveal him, but if he isn't scum, then he can explain the logic behind his play, the thing is, the moment you defend him then he can just repeat exactly what you said regardless of if he is scum or not, if you question the logic of a question, you may say you agree with him after he answers, but just giving him the answer is not the way to go...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”