Why don’t more mods allow hydras?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 8, Dannflor wrote:I don't find hydras very fun to play with personally

I'm fine with them existing and there being games for them existing as a concept but I prefer that they are not the norm
Having been around an incredibly long time it's interesting to watch site opinion in general change over time. At one point they were arguably too popular. So popular in fact that running them in normal games became a big enough issue for an outright ban to be issued on their use in normals. Even after that ban a lot of the sentiment I saw on Hydras was that more people tended to enjoy being able to play in games with them than not.

Now it seems like the opposite is true. (At least from perusing this thread.) It's just funny to watch the site's sentiment on hydras change over time as much as is has.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 31, Zachrulez wrote:
Having been around an incredibly long time it's interesting to watch site opinion in general change over time. At one point they were arguably too popular. So popular in fact that running them in normal games became a big enough issue for an outright ban to be issued on their use in normals. Even after that ban a lot of the sentiment I saw on Hydras was that more people tended to enjoy being able to play in games with them than not.

Now it seems like the opposite is true. (At least from perusing this thread.) It's just funny to watch the site's sentiment on hydras change over time as much as is has.
Since this topic has been apparently revived since my last post I'll just add that if I were ever to play again on this site it would more likely than not be as part of a hydra than individually. Especially with the site culture shifts toward playing faster over shorter periods of time. I would definitely prefer to divide playing responsibilities with someone else than take it all on my own.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”