Mafiascum 20th Anniversary Game - Recruitment

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Mafiascum 20th Anniversary Game - Recruitment

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Hello all! I am planning on running a big uncapped Anniversary game on Mafiascum in honor of 20 years of the site's existence! I am hoping to recruit some people that have experience in running large games or writing flavor or even just have knowledge of the site's history they can share!

There will also be need of active game mods to help run in game events and such, as I personally have a day job and may be absent when needed.

This also is an announcement that this game will be running so hey! Feel free to pre in in this game so we can get a rough interest number if anything.

If you are interested in helping, please contact me on discord or on MS and if you're able to help I will add you to the planning chat!

The game is planned to start sign ups sometime in August and run sometime in September!

hype hype!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2, Gamma Emerald wrote:are there any more details you might be willing to provide?
I'm interested either way but I miiiight consider inviting homesite friends if that's allowed
More the merrier!! I'm leaning towards a split game start where we have multiple games that converge into 1 to alleviate how much each person needs to read at once and to kill players as fast as possible. Hoping potentially to recycle dead town players as subs if needed too to prevent modkills
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4, mastina wrote:At our peak we were an incredibly competent loremaster of mafiascum, able to recount the tales before our time as well as basically every meme since then, from the reason the NRG formed to the fallen posts to Constant. Vigilance. (the eternal QT) to Tigers! to the Rollbacks.

Our knowledge has since dimmed considerably, but we still have enough knowledge that we can probably still be of use.
If you arent interested in playing, then sure! We already have tons of fun ideas. Particularly flavor writing is something that might be needed
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 12, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:/pre-in ND39 hydra tbd

I hope you allow more than two heads.
no hydras!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Not to digress from the current topic in the thread, but I had some concerns regarding player blacklists, and how those would be handled. I wanted to ask the players what they'd like, if they'd be willing to play in just 1 for fun no serious game with that one person they dont like playing in etc.

I need to adjust how the setup is built to keep this in mind.

Overall I prefer not to exclude anyone and it is a hard topic for me to broach because I know some people have some hard no's when it comes to players. My ideal solution is that people are willing to bear 1 special game just for the sake of the experience overall and ignore the people they may not get along with in particular.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Hi. I would like to give an update. I have taken an Admin position in another mafia community - and now I know 100% I do not have the spoons to finish designing the setup. The setup is I would say, about 60% complete in the sense of having the ability to fill based on how many people sign up.

I am looking for a person to help finish design. I am still able to help with moderation of the game itself and such. I suggest aiming for a launch of end of January or February, which is around when site activity tends to pick back up from what I have seen in my time here.

I apologize for not finishing, and for potentially letting you guys down. I had a vision that was a bit too ambitious and ended up burning myself out on design work due to feeling pressure to create an excellent setup.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 27, RH9 wrote:
In post 25, DkKoba wrote:Hi. I would like to give an update. I have taken an Admin position in another mafia community - and now I know 100% I do not have the spoons to finish designing the setup. The setup is I would say, about 60% complete in the sense of having the ability to fill based on how many people sign up.

I am looking for a person to help finish design. I am still able to help with moderation of the game itself and such. I suggest aiming for a launch of end of January or February, which is around when site activity tends to pick back up from what I have seen in my time here.

I apologize for not finishing, and for potentially letting you guys down. I had a vision that was a bit too ambitious and ended up burning myself out on design work due to feeling pressure to create an excellent setup.
Congratulations!
I can help with design, if you want.
Please keep in mind that it would be a big commitment to finish, due to the fact this is effectively a superlarge setup, if you are willing to take over, message me please on discord (DkKoba#0420)

Feel free to also recruit anyone who you think can help - I can pop in and do minor things when possible.
retired

Return to “Mafia Discussion”