Modifying the factional NK

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Modifying the factional NK

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by biancospino »

Bit of a silly question, but I was wondering what would the limit be to applying modifiers to Goons.
Things like bulletproof Mafioso or loud Mafioso are likely fine, but could one, say, have a one-shot Mafioso? A combined [active role] Mafioso (i.e. when they perform the NK they also perform [action] on the same target)? Would those roles by normal? Could theoretically a thing like combined Babysitter Hider Mafioso be normal, even though it tantamounts to giving scum a conditional sacrificial Vigilante? On the same vein, would stuff like a loyal SK be (theoretically) normal, even if clearly bastard-ish?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by biancospino »

mhm, thanks. I just asked cause I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how the modifiers syntax works exactly; the wiki explicitly says that e.g. announcing, ninja can modify the factional kill, but I do not see a syntactic difference between those and e.g. X-shot and the like. Though I guess I would find getting a X-shot Mafioso PM kinda a low-brow, so it's probably for the better it's abNormal I guess (even if I still believe it would make sense, as in a Goon that can only ever perform the nightkill themselves up to X times).

BTW, I also don't understand why exactly e.g. announcing can modify a Goon's kill, as per the wiki, but no mentions are made of modifying the SK kill in this way. I mean, it's probably not a good idea, but idk if bad enough to break the intuitive syntactic symmetry.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”