I made a Normal role tier list

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:43 am

Post by implosion »

For those who aren't aware I posted a tier list to help guide mods who don't have a good sense of relative role strength here. Lots of interesting differences between this list and that one. For reference that list was made by me making a list and then schadd_ making some edits that I broadly agreed with.

I think perhaps the starkest difference is rolecop. IMO, it's actually a somewhat weak role for town. There are two axes that you can think of informational roles as living in: reliability, and usefulness. The info that a rolecop gets is 100% reliable, but it's not automatically useful - it's only useful if it helps catch scum fakeclaiming or helps verify a town role that couldn't possibly be scum like miller. It can't distinguish between goons and VTs, which means its results are almost completely worthless on half the player list.

Contrast that with a role like Neapolitan, which I put in the top tier. Neapolitan is both consistently reliable (because the only "false info" it gets is on town power roles, and you don't have to act on it) and useful (because clearing players is good, and VTs are the best players to clear). A rolecop can't get a useful guilty or inno on a player without the setup being designed to make it so.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”