[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1230 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

how do yall think of this setup. this would be classified as bastard i believe.

so the setup would be this.

Open Setup
Players:
5 (3 town, 2 mafia)
Mechanics:
Nightless but with 24 hour twilight where mafia has another check. However I think this should be played in blitz mode. 1 hour days / 30 min nights?

Town:

2 x Vengeful Townie (Martyr)
1 x Miller

Mafia:

2 x Head Start Informed Cop

Vengeful Townie:
Just a VT, but when condemned they have the opportunity to shoot another player with them.

Miller:
VT that is sided as mafia. Both Mafia are informed about this role.

Bastard Mechanic:
Both Town roles will be given a normal VT role instead, they do not know if they are a vengeful townie or miller.

H
ead Start Informed Cop:
Mafia are uninformed to each other (no mafia pt/daytalk). Mafia is informed about miller's identity. Submits a pregame alignment check.

Town Wincon:
Martyr shoots mafia cop or condemn mafia cop.

Mafia Wincon:
Mafia cop condemns miller.

Basically the point of this setup is to have the two mafia cops check in pregame to find each other. This is the point of the setup; for mafia to find each other and win by wanting to condemn the miller.

How to win:
In the pregame phase, the cops will check so they can receive a guilty result. If they receive a guilty result, they found their mafia partner and can help soft that to their partner during the day but they can't make it obvious. They have to basically tell their partner that hey I know who the miller is so listen to me.

The main goal for mafia is to push the miller out because if they do that, they auto win. but if both mafia push, it will be obvious to the martyrs who the possible mafia is. Martyrs can try to fake being a mafia cop by pushing someone or softing but the other martyr might get suspicious of that. If mafia fails to get miller but instead get martyr, this is only town's second chance if martyr can shoot correctly. If they do, they go to day 2, with 2 martyrs, 1 miller, and 1 mafia. Now mafia just has to play smart here and has another chance.

Now this can be played with either alignment reveal or role reveal off. Role reveal will be more difficult but way more fun. It is preferred to play it RR off because if they condemn mafia, town won't know if its patsy or mafia and mafia has a better chance at winning as solo scum.

Just to make you aware, this is a ported mafia setup as a VC setup that I think will be very fun here
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

i plan on modding this btw ^
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:38 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1232, Jingle wrote: Looks reminiscent of WNAF.

60% town ev, which is kind of high, but not outrageous given game size. Perfect EV if you add a Miller.
60 isnt bad but what is WNAF?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:38 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1233, Jingle wrote: Also, bastard doesn’t really mean much in the context of opens. Everyone knows the bastard element so they don’t need a warning.
ah ok gotchu
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:42 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1236, Jingle wrote: WNAF is we need a fifth. 2 maf 2 town setup that’s usually popular around marathon times.
what happened to marathon mafia? when do those usually get up because this setup is better for that
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:44 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

also any title suggestions?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:46 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1240, Jingle wrote: Marathons are usually don 2-3 times a year around holidays. TBone schedules them, but there’s usually on in feb and one in november
ok thanks ill just mod it in micro then probably

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”