TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Aureal »

This game both confuses me and makes me hungry. Can't I just eat my ingredients? VOTE: lilith2013 until she lets me eat my ingredients. :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Aureal »

Lively bunch we've got here. Is the fish and shrimp still alive? Maybe throwing live seafood around would help generate some activity?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 42, Korina wrote: So I think the important mech thing is that we should just avoid talking about recipes in general. Like, at no point ever should
anyone
claim their recipe, or what ingredients they have. Simply because there's no NK for scum. The only kills happen if you have all your ingredients at the end of the night, or elim during the day, and kills are replaced by redistribution where the ingredients are able to be moved to/from players, so all we'd do by posting what we have and what our recipe is, is just telling the scum
how
to kill you.

Well I think that's just common sense.
I looked up my recipe and the ingredients needed to kill me are present in the game, which makes me think that Lilith just went through a bunch of foods and went "How do you make these" and took the ingredients in the list, and that's how to kill me. I think that's going to be true for everyone too - I don't think we're going to have someone have a recipe and need an ingredient that makes
zero
sense to make that food IRL as a part of the kill.

Uh... was anyone actually considering the idea that the needed ingredients would
not
be present in the game? i.e. that someone would be immune to nightkills?

Or that the recipes wouldn't make sense (make pepperoni pizza with shrimp and water?) but that would probably just be a reason to stare at lilith and not ever let her cook for you rather than gameplay-effecting...

VOTE: Korina
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 84, Aristeia wrote: tbh i liked it better when you were super confident ^^
I think everyone did.

In post 89, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 42, Korina wrote: So I think the important mech thing is that we should just avoid talking about recipes in general. Like, at no point ever should
anyone
claim their recipe, or what ingredients they have. Simply because there's no NK for scum. The only kills happen if you have all your ingredients at the end of the night, or elim during the day, and kills are replaced by redistribution where the ingredients are able to be moved to/from players, so all we'd do by posting what we have and what our recipe is, is just telling the scum
how
to kill you.

I looked up my recipe and the ingredients needed to kill me are present in the game, which makes me think that Lilith just went through a bunch of foods and went "How do you make these" and took the ingredients in the list, and that's how to kill me. I think that's going to be true for everyone too - I don't think we're going to have someone have a recipe and need an ingredient that makes
zero
sense to make that food IRL as a part of the kill.

Additionally, not-mech related, but I think you're town thus far, but that's simply for wanting to end RVS.
Btw Shirou thinks Korina has some +scum equity so far. They were talking about how this post from Korina is explaining really obvious things but presented in a way to make it seem like it's elaborate mech talk or something.
Eyyyy, Shirou is stealing my read, whoever that is. How rude.
In post 90, NorwegianboyEE wrote: We're also curious to know why Datisi townreads Korina.
Seconded.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Aureal »

Yes, hi, I barely exist at the moment, I'm stretched pretty thin. The Datisi read thing went in one ear and out the other so I didn't think about it until reminded by someone else posting. Hopefully in a few days I can have a bit more, I've been kinda glad this game at least has been quiet. I just saw the open finally started and already has over three times our page count and I kinda want to go curl up in a corner with a cozy blanket and cry at how much of my teammates' stuff I've got to catch up on. Except I can't even do that, I'm stuck at work for hours yet. :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

That's about what we should expect from Kawaii sadly. Maybe they'll show up to breathlessly sheep someone for a bit and prod dodge. And furtive is being more active than our last game, micro 1072.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 160, biancospino wrote:
In post 145, NorwegianboyEE wrote: @Bianco
They’ve not said it was a joke so why would i believe it was?
And it’s hilarious how you seem to claim that it’s scum indicative for me to react negatively to shading. As if that’s not something i take up to 11 in literally every single one of my towngames in history.
Here's a hot take, if someone claims they've solved the game by page 5 with a one-liner, no reasonable person would believe it's serious unless there were some explicit indications of it or if they were on eggshells

Hey, I've given a page four one liner solve before. :(

Of course, everyone thought it was fluff until I explained it on page nine.

And I was even half right about it! :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

So anyway I read stuff a little more coherently, and I don't like Dessew's entrance so Aristeia gets town points for feeling the same. I don't like Norwe's response to it either though, it's doing the same stating the obvious thing except playing up being ignorant.

Don't like Korina and the trying to make something out of the Dessew wagon, and pushing furtiveglance for it.

Norwe and Korina's posting about the NK stuff would be a bit weird if paired, though biancospino may disagree.

Townleaning Ari and furtiveglance; scumlean on Dessew, Korina, Norwe. We might need to pressure Kawaii at some point but I think we've got some stuff to work with for now.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 198, furtiveglance wrote: Norwee golden obvtown, elect God of thread

Korina shady

McMenno shady

Bianco mistake sus? Or clueless?

Aristeia sus

Aureal unsus

Dessew sus

Kawaii sus

Kthxbai

Help, I don't wanna be left alone as town partners with Norwe!

What is even the difference between 'shady' and 'sus'?
In post 203, Dessew wrote: I'm a bit behind with my reading, but kuribo knows for a fact that Aureal is mafia.

I know for a fact that kuribo knows nothing about me. :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 234, Aristeia wrote:
In post 229, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Ari what is your thoughts on Auriel
She hasn't done anything really noteworthy - might be trying to pocket me by saying she agrees with my views. Ausuka has been telling me she thinks Aureal is mafia.

If I wanted to pocket you I would probably say something like "hello Ari, it's nice to see you again, you are the kindest and loveliest player I have had the pleasure to become acquainted with." Which is all true. :lol:

I actually feel like you're being more harsh here than the game we played before though. I was literally going to reply to the post to mcmenno to say that it did seem a little rude, then realized I didn't read it quite right, but it and others still aren't sitting quite right. We're you calmer in 1070 than usual?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 242, Korina wrote:
In post 240, Aristeia wrote: like have you never seen a micro get to e-1 with 4 town votes ?
I've seen it happen, but I don't think it's something that happens frequently enough to be the basis of an argument in RVS/early game. At that point, you are arguing for a statistical wonder because the votes for something like that are more or less random in my eyes.

You saying scum are more likely than town to try to grow an RVS wagon? Why? Have you ever seen an RVS wagon actually get a mislim?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

Wow, who is this page 11 Aristeia? Did you get one of your teammates to write those posts?

Oh hi, people are voting me. Hello, what took you so long?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

Btw furtive, you didn't answer my question.
Is
there a difference between shady and sus?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 281, Aureal wrote: Btw furtive, you didn't answer my question.
Is
Shady is more annoying but not necessarily sus I guess

So you weren't actually scumreading everyone except Norwe and I. Your list is kind of misleading then!

So, wanna talk about your vote? Did Gimli make you do it? :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 284, McMenno wrote: the audacity of replacing out of the smallest game only to then try to replace into the event again

not to mention that is shady as hell

VOTE: Doctor Drew

Nah, it's just Kawaii. Wanna hear about the time they got 40 pages into a game without even understanding a basic game mechanic? Or the time they outed their mason team in a newbie game (a known setup) to avoid having the cop that couldn't possibly exist counterclaim them? Or the time- well I should stop there.

My point was, hi Drew! Nice to see you even though it probably means I'm doomed!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

Sounds like a scum claim. VOTE: Doctor Drew
:lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

Only if we get Aisa in here to ignore it. XD
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

Oh? Can't handle having a superior teammate? Guess that's why you avoided our team, eh? ;)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 312, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Fire thinks Ari/Korina//Menno/Furtive should get a day 1 pass. Bianco leantown. And that we should kill in leftover slots Aureal/Dessew/Kawaii
Also they want to say that was a bad vote by Aureal.

Why is voting someone you're finding sort of scummy a bad vote? Like, it's only 62 posts in and I already have a scumread instead of "huh I wonder if any of this means something"? Why the heck would I not vote it?

Also, that's a terrible elimination pool. Why does Fire think flipping the least active slots day one is a good idea?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 313, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 304, Aureal wrote:
In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 281, Aureal wrote: Btw furtive, you didn't answer my question.
Is
Shady is more annoying but not necessarily sus I guess

So you weren't actually scumreading everyone except Norwe and I. Your list is kind of misleading then!

So, wanna talk about your vote? Did Gimli make you do it? :lol:
'Furt just do as I say'
'Ok Gimbo'

Err no. I don't think you've been especially towny though and it seemed like there was appetite for a you wagon so why not.

Gimli's read was part of it of course.

Wanna talk about that read a little more, then? It's strange how you made this big list and I was the only one marked "unsus" but then actually it turns out I'm not especially towny. The only thing that seemed to change in between was that read from Gimli, but you say that's only part of the reasoning. I'm a little concerned that you would be swayed by things like "appetite for a wagon" particularly where it comes to me.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 315, Dessew wrote: I'm fine with eliminating Menno, furtive or Aureal at this point. My townreads are the same.

I've recently had a game where Drew replced in, he's a chill, active player. Let's see what he does.

By "at this point" do you literally mean you would want any of those people hammered right now, halfway though the deadline? You also seem to be mostly focusing low activity slots, and I hardly see anyone ever thinking that's a good idea for day one if they can help it.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 330, biancospino wrote: @Drew, @Aureal, do you two want a room or something? Is this push actually for game-related reason or is a continuation of the wiki incident? I'm not very good at sarcasm but I suspect the latter

Ha, we've played in two other games since the wiki incident, and he tried to push me in all of them too. :lol:

But really, he did ping me somewhat where I voted him, I felt some of his message may have been left off.
In post 306, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 305, Aureal wrote: My point was, hi Drew! Nice to see you even though it probably means I'm doomed!
You don't even know :lol:
(that I'm mafia this time and so getting you mis-eliminated is the plan, not a mistake)

In post 331, Doctor Drew wrote: What is the wiki incident you speak of?

And it is somewhat jokes, but seemed like there was somewhat of some traction for an Aureal wagon when I subbed in, so I thought I would hop on and see what happens.

That didn't really answer bianco's question. If it's 'somewhat' jokes that should mean there's something of substance to it as well. But then you just shrug off explaining what substance you think there could be with some handwaving about traction for the wagon, which is annoyingly similar to furtive's reasoning.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 346, Aristeia wrote: here i'll illustrate this.

take each slot in the game and write down in one sentence the most AI thing they have done so far this game.

Hmmmmm, I wish I knew what was AI so I could try this. :neutral:

In post 348, furtiveglance wrote: I think I initially townleaned you for saying something nice about me alignment-wise, and Gimli's input made me see things differently.
Oh so it was Gimli after all.

Well good news, I don't have any townreads anymore! :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 351, Aristeia wrote: like are you trying to get Dessew eliminated? is your scumread there real this time? I don't really understand your motivations this game.

Are you gonna answer this one, Drew? It does seem like you're being pretty cagey about your reads - we can't tell if you even have them, let alone what they are!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

Like, I kinda want to townread Ari for making good points about Drew. But I'm also terrified of her attitude mismatch between this game and the micro we played before. I might need to try digging into her meta, see if she gets upset easily as scum. Like I have time to do that. x_x
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 380, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 378, Aureal wrote: Like, I kinda want to townread Ari for making good points about Drew. But I'm also terrified of her attitude mismatch between this game and the micro we played before. I might need to try digging into her meta, see if she gets upset easily as scum. Like I have time to do that. x_x
Does she usually fly off the handle as town?

Certainly not in the game we played. I wasn't kidding when I talked about how nice she was. And she did get some suspicion there too. I asked about it earlier because I was thinking maybe she was a lot more calm there because she was masons with Datisi, which as far as I can tell, would make her very very happy. She hasn't mentioned that though, just that she gets upset when people think she's not solving. I think there may have been some of that in the other game as she did seem to be kind of relaxing being a chill mason, though certainly not to the extent you're going at her.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 395, McMenno wrote:
In post 378, Aureal wrote: Like, I kinda want to townread Ari for making good points about Drew. But I'm also terrified of her attitude mismatch between this game and the micro we played before. I might need to try digging into her meta, see if she gets upset easily as scum. Like I have time to do that. x_x
can you at least vote drew for that if not townreading her
No, I don't have a double vote.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:19 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 418, NorwegianboyEE wrote: VOTE: Aureal
Yeah they look really bad here. I think this could be a TvT fight they were trying to encourage.

Bruh, you have the same reaction to it in your previous posts, that it's weird and unnecessary, then go on to smear me for it? I think
you're
kinda slimy. This is the opposite of not dwelling on it, you're forcing me to react. And how would my remark encourage the situation? I fell it'd be the other way around.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 426, furtiveglance wrote: Anyway more votes on Dessew?

Hard as it is to believe, given the badness content of them, Dessew only has six posts. Are we really moving towards an elimination there at this point?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 428, Aureal wrote:
In post 418, NorwegianboyEE wrote: VOTE: Aureal
Yeah they look really bad here. I think this could be a TvT fight they were trying to encourage.

Bruh, you have the same reaction to it in your previous posts, that it's weird and unnecessary, then go on to smear me for it? I think
you're
kinda slimy. This is the opposite of not dwelling on it, you're forcing me to react. And how would my remark encourage the situation? I fell it'd be the other way around.
I’m focusing on what i believe to be alignment indicative content from you specifically.
And yes, it makes me happy you feel forced to react. That’s exactly what i’m looking for. Please go into more detail on how my push on you makes you feel.

It makes me feel like you don't actually care to leave the matter alone like you said. I don't want to poke at the issue anymore because there was a replacement and trying to make AI-judgement of a slot that replaced over the matter is at best poor form poking at someone who isn't around to explain or defend their actions, and at worst actually against some mods' rulesets. So I really try not to.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 432, Dessew wrote: I don't think anyone on this site uses that expression like that, but if you do, you should put it in your signature.
Uh... Okay?????
Secondly, one of my three top scumreads are low activity, Menno. The other two are you, Aureal, and furtive, who's been very active on the voting front.
I was not very active at first, when you said that. It doesn't feel great that it seems everyone's reads are that the lower activity slots are the limpool.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

Bah, I didn't have the attach my signature option on.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 436, Morning Tweet wrote: Korina comes across as town to me but its more about the feel of their posts than the content. It’s not because Korina suggest hiding ingredients that i find towny, it’s more like im townleaning Korina’s immediate approach….? I think Korina might play different at the beginning at scum. It’s the tone of 53 and 55 i like. Pointing out that we shouldnt talk about our ingredients would be easy as either alignment, probably, because this is the first both alignmments are ever hearing about food kill mechanics.
This is an awful lot of words that don't seem to actually go anywhere. What does the last sentence even mean? The recipe info is literally in the setup post.
89 by Norwe - I get that angle but i dont think Korina makes the mech sound more elaborate than it is by intention
Why not?
@Furtive, what is so outdated about the meta Norwe is mentioning? They just said you have a lot of drive as town that hasn’t come yet. Or do you not have an overabundance of *drive* and *direction*. Basically my point is, why is your response that the meta is dated, rather than that you do have drive the game just hasn’t started yet, which I think would probably be more fair. Like how is you putting effort in dated?
I feel like this has been explained a few times already but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Poor furtive believed too much in my page four solve and didn't win at elo because of it. I'm sowwy, furtive. :cry:

I’m not sure what McMenno’s game here is. What are you trying to get at?
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering. No clue what they're doing.

Aureal - 131. Do not feel pressured to be an active presence in the other Team Mafia games. At least not yet. First and foremost be a force in your own game, IMO. After you’re established you can start playing a secondary role in other games
Swell. Maybe someday I can figure out how to 'be a force in my game', that would be cool.

203 - Dessew: “Kuribo knows Aureal is mafia” This sounds like it will be important

207 - I assumed that Aureal and Kurbio knew each other. This pop in is really cold though. Weird that Aureal hasnt found anything to comment on
I don't have the faintest idea who kuribo is and I assume the same is true the other way around. I tend to assume people who don't know me are going to scumread me though.
274 - All of Aureal’s pop ins seem to involve her replying to other ppl about their read of her. Does Aureal have her own version of the game in her mind, though?
Uh, version of the game what?

Why would I not prioritize responding to things that involve me? I know me better than any of you know me. Should I ignore it when people say things about me and have them think I'm ignoring them?

Also 274 is me trying to read Ari and like maybe half about me and that half is mostly joking around?
I’m not sure that is misleading?
You aren't? Seriously? I was misled. Don't think I was the only one.

by Dessew - I think McMenno attacking Kawaii/Drew could be scum (if Kawaii/Drew isnt scum of course). Aureal is generally a little underwhelming but has been getting better for me. The only cases for furtive I’ve seen involve the E-1 vote
And this was where I decided I could go back to townreading your slot, because that's a pretty fair assessment of me.
I get the reasoning behind voting Kori for pointing out the mech which would be obvious to some. But I don’t find it suspicious because mech is not nearly as obvious to some ppl as it is to others (I’m mech illiterate). I don’t think this was a bad vote back in 62.
*squints* It's... uh... really obvious to anyone who reads the setup. Or, y'know, your role PM. If we want to talk about non-obvious things there's an awful lot of things about the setup I would like answers to, but I doubt we can really get them by talking about it right now, so I haven't.
That being said your characterization of Norwe’s reasoning (“Why is voting for someone you find scummy a bad vote?”) feels like an over-simplification. You should be thinking, “Why does Norwe think this vote was bad?”. You of course don’t have to agree that it was bad you just have to think abt why it could be.
I don't see any difference between those questions other than the specificity of the phrasing.
top of page 14, Aureal. Aureal is maybe trying to expand the elimination pool from herself to include Dessew or furtive. But furtive doesn’t have any votes so maybe I’m mischaracterizing this. It looks like Aureal might be targeting players that other players are targeting intentionally.
??????

What makes you think the elimination pool is just me? And my post there is saying like, the opposite of that, that it's a bad idea to be looking for an elimination already? What the heck?
by Aureal - @Aureal you have not one townread? Townreads are so easy to make, though
Sure, I'm townreading just about everyone in Mario Brothers, and basically nobody here. Maybe bianco could be one, she's made a good bit of sense but hey, when we played before I said that about her and put her at the top of my "are you guys maybe all scum???" readlist and guess what, she was scum!

Don't judge me by your standards.
Yes it does seem like Aureal is avoiding giving out a townread like the damn plague. It’s making it difficult to believe when she’s constantly suspecting every other player
Believe? Believe what?

Isn't suspecting people how we play the game? What are you getting at here?

I think you've lost that modest townread you got a few paragraphs back. Why did I ever even mention any reads in the first place. :neutral:

Is there anyone in this game you don’t find slimy?
I'm scumreading Dessew, Korina, and Drew. Norwe can be slimy because that's the word he used, and it's appropriate for what he's doing there with making an issue around Ari's replace-out after saying he didn't want to dwell on it out of respect for the players. I
actually
have that respect so I'm not going to discuss that anymore.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 437, Morning Tweet wrote:
i suspect a little

Aureal (Good in Plaid) - I've outlined why I find you a bit suspicious. My question to you is this: Why do you have no townreads, and why do your scumreads seem to change to whoever is suspecting you / being suspected? You don't have a consistent "This is who I think is scum" -- my evidence for this is that you've suspected most every slot and it usually feels reactionary

Why should I have townreads? I can't make people be towny. The reads come when and where they come. My scumreads haven't changed, just expanded to include Drew as well as Dessew and Korina, don't really know what you're talking about. You say that I've suspected most every slot like it's a bad thing. Why are you trying to shade my attempts to solve? I don't see any Innocent Confirmed people here, if I see people doing things that are suspicious I'm going to suspect them. And congratulations for catching on that I'm a reactionary player, I've said it many times.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 284, McMenno wrote: the audacity of replacing out of the smallest game only to then try to replace into the event again

Oh by the way, I finally realized maybe this was because you think Kawaii replaces out as scum? Is that why you're doing this? Because that's just not how it works- Kawaii did the same in my last game, posted once then vanished, and the slot was town. Check the last post in the bans thread if you want examples.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 474, McMenno wrote:
In post 472, Aureal wrote:

Oh by the way, I finally realized maybe this was because you think Kawaii replaces out as scum? Is that why you're doing this? Because that's just not how it works- Kawaii did the same in my last game, posted once then vanished, and the slot was town. Check the last post in the bans thread if you want examples.
this wasn't a flake this was an active replace-out, look at the timestamps. also they tried to replace back into TM which is part 2

Not going to speculate on replacing out meaning anything for alignment. For your benefit though there is actually a completed scum game for Kawaiislot in that ban post though- they actually posted several times then got replaced by the mod for content less prod dodging.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, I was thinking just now, and this might actually be Drew's towngame. It feels a lot like the aforementioned 'wiki incident' where furtive opened the game by making a comment to me about his wiki. Drew came in and started interrogating him about why he did that and they just would not stop going around about it. Not until I posted my 'are you guys maybe all scum?' readlist as a way to try to focus and shift the game off that. Which made them both come after me and got me speedwagoned so fast I didn't even get a chance to claim. Annnnnd that's the majority of what happened in that game.

UNVOTE: while I think about where to go from here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 320, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 319, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 315, Dessew wrote: I'm fine with eliminating Menno, furtive or Aureal at this point. My townreads are the same.

I've recently had a game where Drew replced in, he's a chill, active player. Let's see what he does.
This seems like scum content to me.

VOTE: Dessew
If we do get a scum flip of Dessew it probably means Korina, Aristeia and Norwee are all town as well

furtive can you explain your reasoning here please? I think I know why you're saying it but I disagree with that.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #38) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Aureal »

That is E-1 on Dessew. Not thrilled that it wasn't noted.
In post 555, furtiveglance wrote: I'm liking the Dessew pressure. More later, watch this space!

Is this supposed to be your response to my question? When is later supposed to be?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 562, McMenno wrote: not feeling great about this
dessew probably only about my fourth choice

Can you make a case for your other choices, then? I assume Drew would be one but you've not really done anything we could take seriously on the other two. I'm a little wary of this flip too, feels a little too much an easily-designated miselimination. I've been looking at ISOs and finding the potential partners to mostly be seemingly too obvious to be partners.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 558, Aureal wrote:
In post 555, furtiveglance wrote: I'm liking the Dessew pressure. More later, watch this space!

Is this supposed to be your response to my question? When is later supposed to be?
VOTE: furtiveglance
Why are you ignoring me, furtive?

I really would like to know more about your reasoning for being on the Dessew wagon, too. Same question to Norwe- do you have anything other than just Alisae's opinion?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 580, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 573, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Anyway Furtive still town if anyone had doubts.
Why is this? I was about to start questioning him, i dont remember him being present much at all which is a little odd

He's here because he immediately posted "PR claim?" wheen sum interesting happened but thats all he had to say abt Dessew from the wagon was building up to now, i would have thought thered be a little more

I don't really outright suspect furtive though

He's not doing any better than null for me, and I'm rather grumpy that he's ignoring my questioning so I just might actually be willing to flip him if this doesn't change. I was starting to outright scumread him when I was thinking about past experience with him last night, as it felt like he was moving around between wagons without really caring and that's not been what I've seen in his town games, even Turf Wars where he was really low activity/reasoning for it. But I skimmed his iso and it wasn't as bad as it felt- it was mostly just the cavalier shift to wagon me just for the hell of it that was giving me that impression. And he has some good stuff like the newer vote on Dessew to make up for it.

Pedit: hi again furtive, thanks for partial response, the original question was in
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 582, Morning Tweet wrote: Shea tells me that Norwe is lock town for him. Not that I needed more convincing

I need more convincing. :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

You think 552 is a quip? It's not. It's a question I want an answer to.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

Uh, yes? Was there something in particular you think I should respond to?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

I want furtive to answer my question, so I am attempting to apply pressure. Maybe I should offer to look at his wiki, would that be a better way of getting an answer? If Dessew is a scumflip, and I'm still considering whether that's a flip to go after here, I think he's got the wrong set of potential partners, so I want to explore why he thinks that set of people would be clear.

I am expecting Korina to give reasons for the Dessew vote too, they were promised later and I'll be watching for them!

pedit:
In post 602, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Alisae is tormenting me with more posts. Now they are saying my game is: "so fucking easy" and it’s Bianco/Furtive.

I guess Bianco became our middle ground so i voted there.
Well that's... certainly a take.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Aureal »

-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Aureal »

Yes that's what I figured it came from, but why? I don't see any real reason to think partners wouldn't vote each other in RVS, expecting nothing much to come of it.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Aureal »

But why? Little chance an RVS wagon goes anywhere.

VOTE: Korina, still waiting on those vote reasons
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 613, furtiveglance wrote: Aureal is moving a bit strange at the moment, I could also vote there
Can't help, I saw something and now I can't unsee it and I want answerrrrrrrrs
In post 617, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Anyway let’s lim Bianco and win this thing for the homies?
lol no

Who do you even think would be bianco partner?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My wariness and my confbiasing are waging war before a deadline while everyone else hides. That's always fun. I love making decisions.

:mad:

I think we need to hear more from you now, Dessew. Why should I not vote you here?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Aureal »

That role is not actually very similar to doc. If you get an ingredient for the target's recipe it helps protect them for the future, not just one night. But you could take ingredients that have no effect on someone's recipe and thus be of no use. You could even take things that complete your own recipe and thus take yourself out.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Aureal »

And why are we talking like furtiveglance and bianco could be the scum team, didn't Norwe say they probably aren't together?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Aureal »

Not okay with bianco lim. I think bianco is being more forthright than when I saw her as scum, where she wiggled her way onto my wagon by trying to draw out furtive's suspicion.

I saw a Dessew/Norwe team in their maneuvering around the wagon/soft claim, but it's hard to evaluate the claim right now and I know nobody else is going to go for Norwe. Really don't know why he's so towny, he's been throwing suspicion around at everyone except Drew.

Is Dessew lives we definitely need to confirm that he's not actually a redistributor, someone having water taken just might mean it was given to someone else?

I'm not even sure we need an elimination today, I'm not sure how effectively scum can nightkill?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Aureal »

That feeling when you read someone's long delayed reasoning and agree with it, then realize you agree because you already said it about 350 posts ago.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #55) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 674, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Bianco is our best lim in this game. I truly and honestly believe that.
Norwe uses Reasonable Convincing Tone. Minor success.

VOTE: biancospino

(Might also have something to do with CSF)
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

I always knew tomatoes were evil.

This is such a confusing setup. But it seems that the scum team can target their nightkill just fine in spite of it so I guess that can put speculation that maybe there's more than the expected two Mafia to bed.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

I would hope not, that would be worse than claiming scum. *shudder*

MT is town. Menno probably town. Not so sure about you, that could've been a "oh no my partner is getting deadline flipped I better get on that bus" vote. Korina is just ???????? I expect to hear more from Dessew about his night action but he's likely town since there was no real counterwagon until suddenly Bianco's appeared. And while furtive's actions certainly don't do much for his alignment it still seems like it'd be weird for a scum partner to accidentally vote him like Norwe pointed out earlier.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm probably getting too worked up over the mechanics of a game that's at least half won already.

What do people think the shelf is for?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Aureal »

I... What? I said I'm getting worked up about mechanics. Because I want to understand them! Not understanding things makes me sad. I know it may well be useless but I seek knowledge!
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #60) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm acknowledging that I'm poking at something that we likely don't even need because we got a day one scum flip. But it could still help make things easier if we understood the mechanics.

But for now I shall VOTE: Korina. Definitely need to hear more from you.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #61) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Aureal »

Yup, I did lose something last night.

And so did Korina.

Why are you lying about losing ingredients, Korina?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #62) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Aureal »

Lulz, nice informative response there Korina. Guess you're trying to say I'm actually a Mafia PR then?

I'm an eavesdropper, I targeted Korina last night to see whether they lost any ingredients since that seemed like a possible way to make the nightkill and saw that ingredients were indeed removed from their inventory. At least one of them seems to have ended up on the shelf. And the shelf appears to be the mechanism by which nightkills are made- note that a tomato was what Norwe needed to finish his recipe and the tomato which was put there from Bianco's elimination is now gone.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #63) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Aureal »

@mod:
does the list of shelf ingredients indicate when there is more than one of a type or are they just present whatever the quantity?
In post 695, lilith2013 wrote:
Beef, Egg, Flour, and Milk have been added to the Shelf.

Day 2 starts now and ends in (expired on 2023-05-07 20:00:00).

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
Beef, Egg, Flour, Milk, Stock, Water, Wine
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (0)
None
Dessew (0)
None
Doctor Drew (0)
None
furtiveglance (0)
None
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Aureal, Dessew, Doctor Drew, furtiveglance, Korina, McMenno, Morning Tweet
Notes:

pagetops: Lilith 8 | Aristeia 6 | Norwegianboy 6 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:52 am

Post by Aureal »

My recipe uses three ingredients.

And yeah, I would think that duplicates would be indicated but no harm being clear. If you've got duplicates I'll assume the shelf works the same, which means the Flour that Korina lost is unaccounted for. Did anyone get some?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #65) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 753, lilith2013 wrote: boop

:(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #66) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

Drew, you could kill people with that skill, lol. Dessew could potentially kill himself and you could possibly double-kill. What a crazy setup. The mafia don't need much that power to counter this, it could get swingy.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #67) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

Did you have that double Flour before the night phase, Dessew?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by Aureal »

Drew and Dessew could you kindly knock it off with this foolishness please and thanks? You're not even listening to your own arguments.

I remind you: Korina is lying about what happened with her ingredients, reacted like caught scum to being called on it, and now is doing nothing more than dodging questions and sowing confusion between you. There's not much reason to think there's going to be a third scum so maybe we can save this arguing for after taking out the second?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #69) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 878, Dessew wrote: One more thing: bianco had four ingredients when they got limmed, and NB started with four items, plus a possible mystery ingredient. If Drew had taken a random ingredient from NB as he claims, then there should be five or six ingredients on the shelf, but now there's seven. So Drew is lying (because he took it from Korina).
If you're now thinking that Drew is lying and actually took stuff from Korina, why do you think Korina is lying and saying nothing was taken?

Here's the breakdown on the shelf:

+Stock, Tomato, Water, Wine from bianco
-Tomato to NB to complete his recipe along with the Cheese he started with
+Beef, Flour, Milk from NB
+Egg from Korina

Which puts us at our current seven items.

We don't know whether or not NB got a special delivery, if he did then Drew must have gotten that item since it didn't get put on the shelf (or it was the Egg and Korina's Egg went elsewhere and Drew is lying). If not then Drew is lying about taking something from him, but there's probably no way of verifying that.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (isolation #70) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 881, Dessew wrote: Didn't you say Korina lost flour?
Yup, egg and flour. Egg appeared on the shelf, flour still unaccounted for. (Lilith confirmed in PM that the shelf would note if there was multiples there.)

In post 894, McMenno wrote: this is going nowhere can someone hammer

What he said.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm glad my role actually came in useful! I read it and was like "but what does it DO?? Can I catch scum with it? How the heck does this work???" It worked better than I expected. >.>
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

Wait what, why would anyone want to shoot
me
?

With this game's mechanics I don't think you'd have even been able to succeed if you'd tried. Dessew actually snagged one of my necessary ingredients so I was pretty safe. So yeah, really absolutely nothing went your way. :dead:
-furtiveglance

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”