Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Huntress wrote:At the moment Clockwork, Crywolf and EA are looking the scummiest, particularly in the way they rushed the lynch after Goatrevolt seemed to be thinking about taking his vote off Gremwell.
Waiting until the absolute last minute to lynch is just stupid. I've seen town lose a game because
one
player missed a deadline by
nine
minutes. There's no good reason to put anything off until then.
Huntress wrote:Maybe he just didn't want to be associated with the lynch of someone he knew was a townie?
He didn't have to vote SL to jump off Gremwell. Crywolf and myself were both at one vote apiece at the time. Why would he make his scumbuddy the competing wagon?
Huntress wrote:And his vote was only the second on SL; she wasn't in any danger.
There was only a one-vote difference between SL's wagon and Gremwell's after Jebus switched to SL.

And if two votes that close to deadline isn't any danger, why did you later insist on voting an empty wagon?
Huntress wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:We have to lynch before the deadline, and THE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW. I wanted to lynch crywolf, but now is not the time to be uncompromising.
Is this your
only
reason! It might be acceptable just before the deadline but you voted for Gremwell more than two days before. You must have had more reasons than this?
No, that was it.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Erratus Apathos wrote:I don't buy the way Goatrevolt attacked me for voting Gremwell. Feels like he was trying to set me up.

Vote: Goatrevolt
I found your vote suspicious, and said that I would review you. I ended up not getting around to it immediately, and the lynch happened in the meantime. I read through your posts anyway, and didn't really find anything conclusive either way. Nothing strong enough to want to lynch you over, at least.

However, you do need to back up your assertion that I was trying to "set you up." I have no idea what you're trying to imply with this.

As for today, I'm going to start with reading back through Jebus' posts and work from there. I disagree with clearing springlullaby based on her getting voted by Jebus. I don't see Crywolf making that play as scum, though, and would agree with the assessment that he's probably town.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Ythill »

Pirate FactContrary to the flavor of this game, corporal punishments such as flogging were uncommon on pirate ships. Nor did pirate captains rule with an iron fist. For the most part, pirate crews were democratic with the captain only assuming command during battle. Crewmen that violated the articles were usually marooned or, if the transgression was bad enough, executed. Corporal punishment and authoritarian command were far more common on naval vessels and, understandably, mutinies were more likely to mark the start of a pirate's career than to end it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Huntress wrote:At the moment Clockwork, Crywolf and EA are looking the scummiest, particularly in the way they rushed the lynch after Goatrevolt seemed to be thinking about taking his vote off Gremwell.
Erratus Apathos wrote:I also note that Jebus jumped off the Gremwell wagon for springlullaby, a highly unlikely play if they were scumbuddies.
Maybe he just didn't want to be associated with the lynch of someone he knew was a townie? And his vote was only the second on SL; she wasn't in any danger. Also can I have a rely to the question in my last post please?
The way I saw it, it was going to give us a lot of information either way. Either we would have hit scum or we would have learned information about Crywolf's claim, which I would love to hear about.

I'm in favor of mass-claiming right now.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by militant »

ClockworkRuse wrote:I'm in favor of mass-claiming right now.
It isn't open and there is a theme. We cannot validate a claim due to the fact it isn't open and scum may have fake claims.

Why do you favour mass claim?
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

militant wrote:
It isn't open and there is a theme. We cannot validate a claim due to the fact it isn't open and scum may have fake claims.

For multiple reasons, we can deduce from flavor and hopeful context who is scum.

I doubt the chances of the scum having fake claims. Actually, I have something a little more important to point out later in the claims.

But, I would love to hear EA claim first if we do decide to go through with this.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
militant wrote:

For multiple reasons, we can deduce from flavor and hopeful context who is scum.

I doubt the chances of the scum having fake claims. Actually, I have something a little more important to point out later in the claims.

But, I would love to hear EA claim first if we do decide to go through with this.
I like the idea of a mass claim because you can catch someone with the flavor. As for the order I think we should popcorn.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by Huntress »

crywolf wrote:I like the idea of a mass claim because you can catch someone with the flavor.
Like you claimed to in post 238? It didn't work there!

I'm not sure whether a mass-claim is a good idea or not (lack of experience speaking here) but if we have one I'd be willing to go along with it.

If we do have a mass claim I would like Clockwork to claim first. Crywolf has already claimed townie, a claim which I find very dubious, in the light of the fact that Gremwell was innocent, but it's not impossible that there are different types of vanilla townie. I'd also like EA to claim early; I still want to know why voting for someone you apparently have no suspicion of, a full two days before a deadline, can be considered pro-town.

Erratus Apathos wrote:And if two votes that close to deadline isn't any danger, why did you later insist on voting an empty wagon?
I voted for the one I found I found most suspicious at the time. With a day to go before the deadline there was still plenty of time for me to change my vote if necessary but it seems Clockwork didn't want to give people time to react to Crywolf's objection to Gremwell's claim.

ClockworkRuse wrote:I doubt the chances of the scum having fake claims.
Why?

In post 232, I wrote:@ Springlullaby: Who are your three highest suspects at the moment?
militant wrote:I am just waiting for Clock to reply to the questions that have been asked of him.
And what did you make of his replies?
Still waiting for answers to these.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by militant »

Huntress wrote:
In post 232, I wrote:@ Springlullaby: Who are your three highest suspects at the moment?
militant wrote:I am just waiting for Clock to reply to the questions that have been asked of him.
Sorry about the delay, I forgot you asked me...

Clockwork replied with this:
ClockworkRuse wrote:It was a rhetorical question, not something I was really asking anyone.
I think his answer was fine. Not scummy if that is what you are trying to get at.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:16 am

Post by springlullaby »

Huntress wrote:
I haven't got three suspects as of right now but as a matter of fact, I think you are pretty scummy.

I haven't got the time write a full case with quote right now but here are is the listing of the reasons why:

-too much cliche questions to feel genuine
-soft vote
-crappy and monolithic cliche reasons to be suspecting the three you have mentioned today (this is a big one, been there done that, as scum)
-a general 'look I'm so town'-ness while your contributions have been in fact subpar and offers no real insight
-unclear stance on mass claim - I made once the exact answer you did as newb scum - which offers nothing of your intuition of how mass claim may work out based on your own role PM

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm against massclaim, there hasn't been powerole outed as of yet so it is unwise to force it.

As far as catching scum based on flavor go 1)I'm sure any mod worth their money has thought of that 2)complicated flavor is generally as likely to catch town than scum.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Hey guys, I finally exist! Y'arrgh? I know I'm gonna face suspicion for saying this, but I think I'm a somewhat weak player. So... yeah. I shall hope to make myself better than the guy who posted 5 times. :)

Jebus' death last night raises several questions to me, primarily that of who is controlling the kills, since town died one night and scum died another.
Since he was scum, I think Clockwork has to come under consideration because of his FoS on Jebus for being the second voter during the RVS bandwagon, and also for their discussion on page 7 over finding suspicion in an early RVS wagon. The way Jebus put a "pressure wagon" on Clockwork, then abruptly jumped to Gremwell makes me wonder why he actually wagoned Clockwork. Bussing?
Well, that's the main thing I noticed. I'll try to post thoughts on the other players soon.

As for the massclaim idea, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with it, knowing how scum can easily gain an advantage (In my only completed game on this site, <one game>, I looked scummy the whole time, but on a LyLo day, I fakeclaimed jailkeeper, which took me out of suspicion, and gave my scumteam a perfect win.). But I also think town could potentially gain a lot of useful info, so I'll go with it if that's what we decide...
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Huntress »

springlullaby wrote:I haven't got three suspects as of right now but as a matter of fact, I think you are pretty scummy.

I haven't got the time write a full case with quote right now but here are is the listing of the reasons why:

-too much cliche questions to feel genuine
-soft vote
-crappy and monolithic cliche reasons to be suspecting the three you have mentioned today (this is a big one, been there done that, as scum)
-a general 'look I'm so town'-ness while your contributions have been in fact subpar and offers no real insight
-unclear stance on mass claim - I made once the exact answer you did as newb scum - which offers nothing of your intuition of how mass claim may work out based on your own role PM

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm against massclaim, there hasn't been powerole outed as of yet so it is unwise to force it.

As far as catching scum based on flavor go 1)I'm sure any mod worth their money has thought of that 2)complicated flavor is generally as likely to catch town than scum.
To reply to your list of reasons:
1) Each question was asked for a reason - to get answers and/or reactions.
2) What do you mean by "soft vote"?
3) I haven't actually given my reasons for my current suspicions, apart from a comment on the lynch, so I don't see how you can describe them as monolithic or cliche.
4) Please explain this comment.
5) What did you find unclear about my stance on the mass-claim?

You say you are against a mass-claim yet you complain that I offer nothing of my intuition of how mass claim may work out based on my own role PM. Were you hoping to deduce my role from what I said while keeping your own secret?

What do you make of the way day two ended?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:50 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

RandomGem wrote:Hey guys, I finally exist! Y'arrgh? I know I'm gonna face suspicion for saying this, but I think I'm a somewhat weak player. So... yeah. I shall hope to make myself better than the guy who posted 5 times. :)

Jebus' death last night raises several questions to me, primarily that of who is controlling the kills, since town died one night and scum died another.
Since he was scum, I think Clockwork has to come under consideration because of his FoS on Jebus for being the second voter during the RVS bandwagon, and also for their discussion on page 7 over finding suspicion in an early RVS wagon. The way Jebus put a "pressure wagon" on Clockwork, then abruptly jumped to Gremwell makes me wonder why he actually wagoned Clockwork. Bussing?
Well, that's the main thing I noticed. I'll try to post thoughts on the other players soon.

As for the massclaim idea, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with it, knowing how scum can easily gain an advantage (In my only completed game on this site, <one game>, I looked scummy the whole time, but on a LyLo day, I fakeclaimed jailkeeper, which took me out of suspicion, and gave my scumteam a perfect win.). But I also think town could potentially gain a lot of useful info, so I'll go with it if that's what we decide...
I get your second point, about him possibly bussing, but can you explain what you mean about the bandwagon?

Are you talking about the day one bandwagon? If you are, please explain how that makes me scummy.

I can't answer the question about safe-claims until I claim.

I would still prefer that EA goes first. But, I think dice to find the order would be more appropriate.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:24 am

Post by RandomGem »

ClockworkRuse wrote:I get your second point, about him possibly bussing, but can you explain what you mean about the bandwagon?

Are you talking about the day one bandwagon? If you are, please explain how that makes me scummy.
I was referring to this quote pyramid here:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Being almost halfway to a lynch with the first... six or seven posts of the game?

Are you honestly okay with that?
Yes. It's L-4. What's so bad about L-4?

I'm more interested in why you FoSed Jebus for putting on the second vote, though.
Gremwell wrote:what reason could you possibly have for band wagoning so early?
People don't react to the votes being evenly spread out. Wagons get reactions.
Because it essentially opened him up for the wagon you joined, are you telling me it's scummy to be suspicious of a wagon starting like that?
Yeah, I meant the day one bandwagon. I'm just saying I personally doubt the reasons you gave.
I can't answer the question about safe-claims until I claim.

I would still prefer that EA goes first. But, I think dice to find the order would be more appropriate.
Hmm, I think we should town vote on who goes first, then popcorn if we're gonna massclaim.
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Why are we planning on mass claiming? I don't think it's a very good idea.

1. We haven't outed any power roles yet. Mass claiming will be sure to do that for us.

2. The flavor is obscured enough that we won't be able to catch anyone on flavor. Crywolf tried to call Gremwell out as lying about his vanilla claim based on flavor, and was wrong. What's to say mass claiming won't just cause us to mislynch a couple vanilla townies based on the idea that their vanilla flavor is wrong?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Goatrevolt wrote:Why are we planning on mass claiming? I don't think it's a very good idea.

1. We haven't outed any power roles yet. Mass claiming will be sure to do that for us.

2. The flavor is obscured enough that we won't be able to catch anyone on flavor. Crywolf tried to call Gremwell out as lying about his vanilla claim based on flavor, and was wrong. What's to say mass claiming won't just cause us to mislynch a couple vanilla townies based on the idea that their vanilla flavor is wrong?
Well, I'm throwing the idea out there. I think we should hear from everyone and see what they think.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Ythill »

The Tally

1 ~ Goatrevolt (Erratus Apathos)

Not voting: Goatrevolt, Huntress, RandomGem, ClockworkRuse, crywolf20084, springlullaby, militant

Automatic Deadline: Monday, December 15 at 18:00 MST (GMT -7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:I don't buy the way Goatrevolt attacked me for voting Gremwell. Feels like he was trying to set me up.

Vote: Goatrevolt
I found your vote suspicious, and said that I would review you. I ended up not getting around to it immediately, and the lynch happened in the meantime. I read through your posts anyway, and didn't really find anything conclusive either way. Nothing strong enough to want to lynch you over, at least.

However, you do need to back up your assertion that I was trying to "set you up." I have no idea what you're trying to imply with this.
It looked like you were trying to implicate me for Gremwell's lynch before he turned up town.
Goatrevolt wrote:As for today, I'm going to start with reading back through Jebus' posts and work from there. I disagree with clearing springlullaby based on her getting voted by Jebus.
Well no, not cleared, since it does nothing to prevent her from being on a different scumteam. But Jebus's vote is probably not an attempt to distance from a buddy, since with the deadline there was almost no room for him to turn back if people joined him.
Huntress wrote:I'd also like EA to claim early; I still want to know why voting for someone you apparently have no suspicion of, a full two days before a deadline, can be considered pro-town.
So since two days before the deadline is apparently too early, when does it become okay? :roll:
Huntress wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:And if two votes that close to deadline isn't any danger, why did you later insist on voting an empty wagon?
I voted for the one I found I found most suspicious at the time. With a day to go before the deadline there was still plenty of time for me to change my vote if necessary but it seems Clockwork didn't want to give people time to react to Crywolf's objection to Gremwell's claim.
What I mean is what did you hope to accomplish by voting Crywolf?
Do you want your possessions identified?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:32 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Can we please vote in favor/against a mass claim? Just underline your choice.
In favor.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

In Favor
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:08 am

Post by militant »

In Favor
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Ythill »

Now I understand yer all hungover from our holiday, but 'tis no reason to lay about on watch," Morgan growls, brandishing his flail. "To the 'stan with ye, er I'll be throwin' ye o'er the rail! An' there aint no convenient isle within swimmin' distance this time 'round!"

Huntress and springlullaby have been prodded.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Huntress »

RandomGem wrote:Jebus' death last night raises several questions to me, primarily that of who is controlling the kills, since town died one night and scum died another.
It's possible there is a paranoid gun owner type role or some kind of redirector; or it could be that there were two killing roles active but one was blocked in some way.

Huntress wrote:
crywolf wrote:I like the idea of a mass claim because you can catch someone with the flavor.
Like you claimed to in post 238? It didn't work there!
Or maybe it did work the way you wanted it? If not, why do you think it will work now?

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Huntress wrote:I'd also like EA to claim early; I still want to know why voting for someone you apparently have no suspicion of, a full two days before a deadline, can be considered pro-town.
So since two days before the deadline is apparently too early, when does it become okay? :roll:
Maybe a lot closer to the deadline? I think you took your vote off Crywolf too soon.
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Huntress wrote:
What I mean is what did you hope to accomplish by voting Crywolf?
His lynch. I didn't like the way he denounced Gremwell and I was hoping that you and others would switch their votes to him.

@ Militant: From reading post 254, I got the impression that you weren't keen on a mass claim. Can you say why you are in favour of it please?

I'm coming to the conclusion that a mass claim would
not
be a good idea at the moment but if we do have one I would like Clockwork to claim first, and tell us why he doesn't think the scum have safe-claims.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 am

Post by militant »

Huntress wrote:@ Militant: From reading post 254, I got the impression that you weren't keen on a mass claim. Can you say why you are in favour of it please?
Of course. This is the post you are referring to (I am including it for the sake of clarification).
militant wrote:

Discussion is not going at a great speed and I think everyone claiming will give us something to analyse. I think we may just be able to work out who is scum based solely on flavour. Also I am okay with mass claiming because I am town and have nothing to worry about, I would be 95% percent sure that I have the only role of it's kind in this game.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote:Why are we planning on mass claiming? I don't think it's a very good idea.

I'm noting here that this is an exact parrot of what I have said on massclaim earlier, just with more words and presented differently.

----------------------------------------------

I'm still not in favor of a massclaim

But if it is decided that we should massclaim, I think Huntress and probably Goat should probably go high on that list.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”