[MAY ‘23 CHALLENGE] Sportsball

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

Mafia: Tennis Challenge
Town Vanilla

Mafia Vanilla

The game starts on Night 0. In every night phase, every player votes to give a certain player the Tennis Ball. Only one player can have the Tennis Ball - in the (presumably pretty common) event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be a list which is determined by the Mafia during night 0.

The player with the Tennis Ball must issue a challenge to another player. They can choose to do this in
Singles
format or
Doubles
format. In Singles format, the town must vote to eliminate either the challenger or the challenged. In Doubles format, both the challenger and the challenged are able to pick a 'partner' and the vote is therefore to eliminate two people - the challenger and their partner, or the challenged and their partner.

There is no standard night kill. Instead, the mafia can
Bribe the Umpire
, removing a player from the game - this can only be done during a night phase, but it can also only be done
once
throughout the entire game.

Win conditions are standard.

Sorry this might be lame but i said i was interested so I had to do something and sports isn't my forte :shifty:
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun May 07, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 2, Ausuka wrote:
Mafia: Tennis Challenge
Town Vanilla

Mafia Vanilla

The game starts on Night 0. In every night phase, every player votes to give a certain player the Tennis Ball. Only one player can have the Tennis Ball - in the (presumably pretty common) event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be a list which is determined by the Mafia during night 0.

The player with the Tennis Ball must issue a challenge to another player. They can choose to do this in
Singles
format or
Doubles
format. In Singles format, the town must vote to eliminate either the challenger or the challenged. In Doubles format, both the challenger and the challenged are able to pick a 'partner' and the vote is therefore to eliminate two people - the challenger and their partner, or the challenged and their partner.

There is no standard night kill. Instead, the mafia can
Bribe the Umpire
, removing a player from the game - this can only be done during a night phase, but it can also only be done
once
throughout the entire game.

Win conditions are standard.

Sorry this might be lame but i said i was interested so I had to do something and sports isn't my forte :shifty:
I think optimal play for a townie with the tennis ball is to always pick Doubles, pick a scummy opponent, and pick a scummy partner. And then the town also pressures the opponent to pick a scummy partner. With that in mind town probably hits scum somewhat regularly but probably a townie goes down with them, making this sorta dance game-y (not a bad thing)

Also optimal play for scum probably includes a N1 kill so the game is on evens for almost every day phase, I think?
I think since there isnt really a standard scum nightkill it's not like, always gonna be the optimal play to go doubles. with singles it's easier to just like, pick the scummier person i guess. it wasn't clear to me that there was a super optimal option but maybe im wrong
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”