Music Exercise Research

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

My two completely different go to's are underground European techno, really atmospheric and and almost dark and eerie sounding. Coupled with the the repetitive 4 on the Floor beat really keeps me in an almost trance like state that makes the workout fly by.

The other is Brutal Slamming Death Metal. Lyrics that you can barely tell are lyrics(which is good because the subject matter if the songs can get a little out there), and a back an forth between blast beats and hyper riffing with super slowed down beat down like slamming riffs. Definitely knuckle dragger music but damn sure gets you pumped.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 10, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 9, Doctor Drew wrote: My two completely different go to's are underground European techno, really atmospheric and and almost dark and eerie sounding. Coupled with the the repetitive 4 on the Floor beat really keeps me in an almost trance like state that makes the workout fly by.

The other is Brutal Slamming Death Metal. Lyrics that you can barely tell are lyrics(which is good because the subject matter if the songs can get a little out there), and a back an forth between blast beats and hyper riffing with super slowed down beat down like slamming riffs. Definitely knuckle dragger music but damn sure gets you pumped.
Oh thank goodness someone else likes caveman slam. You should check out Snuffed On Sight. It's goofy even by the standards of its kind.

My contribution to the topic: have you considered nu metal? No, seriously. Pull up Coal Chamber's Dark Days. Rowboat is a probable skip, but otherwise...
I actually just discovered Snuffed On Sight, reminds me of No Face No Case, I definitely have a soft spot for goofy slam/beat down. If you want something similar but a little more serious in tone, yet still will make you want to run through a wall, check out Paleface.

I used to love Coal Chamber way back in the day, not sure if I could take them serio6now though, but maybe I will try.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo

Return to “General Discussion”