Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:47 am

Post by xofelf »

Hello friends. I heard this is where we thief Garlic Bread?

VOTE: Garlic Bread
Am I doing it right?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:13 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 49, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 47, tris wrote: whats the actual trying that they're doing?
MindMeld With This One
My Read Is based On Tonal Smell
How would you describe the smell? Is it...... Garlicky?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:06 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 64, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 62, tris wrote:
In post 58, Garlic Bread wrote: Added Baltar, Unfortunately His Oven is Broken it Seems

200C

SkyGazer
HellBooks

190C

Tris

177C

Xoflef
SheepSaysEep
VPBaltar

140C

TheStatusQuo
why are xof and sheep on the same level as baltar?
XofLef Has Too Little
Sheep Has Something Off I Need Time to Analyse
VPBaltar May Just Have a Quirk and Needs to Explain, But I am Not a Fan At the Moment
Lmao, the game started 4 hours ago? Who do you expect me to post like, Alisae?????

But also, if spelling out xofelf is gonna keep being misspelled, just call me xof, would you?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #142 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by xofelf »

Either the gimmick has grown on me, or I'm just fluent in them from way too many Survivor games. I kinda like what the Bread is laying down, it's followable. Idk if I agree with any of the assertions so far, but there's nothing too outrageous there.

Unvote
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #179 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 151, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 142, xofelf wrote: Either the gimmick has grown on me, or I'm just fluent in them from way too many Survivor games. I kinda like what the Bread is laying down, it's followable. Idk if I agree with any of the assertions so far, but there's nothing too outrageous there.

Unvote
Feels pretty tin foil to me (and not just because they are making absurd leaps about me).

I could see an argument that it's too absurd to be scum, but followable in terms of logical seems like a stretch.
I didn't say it was AI, just that so far I can see how they got from Point A to Point B. I do think it is way too early to be building like that, but right now this second, it's semi-harmless.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by xofelf »

But also, hi Ali. Do you think you could do me a favour and be town? It would really help me re-evaluate how to read you after you fooled me in TM. Thanks.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #185 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 182, Alisae wrote:
In post 181, xofelf wrote: But also, hi Ali. Do you think you could do me a favour and be town? It would really help me re-evaluate how to read you after you fooled me in TM. Thanks.
ya ya i'll make it rly ez for u
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 195, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't know how to read xof. I have no idea what a xof scum game looks like. It's unclear to me that xof even knows what a xof scum game looks like.
Well, kinda. Like I don't know how to describe it, but I do know where you can go to see it. It's what was going on in the Survivormeet Invitational that BROseidon and I want to say OGML ran. It was also, scum with a lurksack team. But there were mod mistakes, so game never finished, so we don't know what a xofscum endgame looks like. And I suppose you've also seen it F2F once.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #275 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:06 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 220, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't have a reads list.
Girl, same.

In post 224, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 220, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't have a reads list.
I don't expect you as a player to have one, but do you have a gth PoE, towncore, or whatnot to start yet?
See if we were like... a little bit further into the game where people had posted enough(aside from you) to have any sense of them as people, players, and/or alignment, this sort of question would make sense to me. But doing that before there's enough of that seems ridiculous at best. Gotta know the temperature of the water before deciding there's sharks.

In post 225, VP Baltar wrote: I do think you're trying hard to look protown (reads list, wall case, PR warnings), which i inherently have a negative reaction to. We don't need a thread daddy, thx.
Mostly grabbed this because I've never heard the phrase thread daddy before. But, you did also verbalize some of the GB problems. It's busywork, which sure could be NAI and could get real results, but it's so goddamn early.

In post 253, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I want alisae to talk about the xof unvote because I thought that was one of the wolfier posts in the game
I'm curious why you find that wolfy? If I make a vote that is RVS and without anything substantial to it, why would I leave it there when the slot is actually producing content?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #276 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:06 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh that's a terrible pagetop. I'm so sorry.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #280 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:19 am

Post by xofelf »

??? That feels a little extra hostile. I didn't say we had *nothing* but not enough for me to do something like you're doing. It's just a difference in playstyle. I *am* reading the game I'm playing, but nothing has pinged bad at all, nor is even most things serious votes or pushes yet. Some are sure, but not the vast majority of them. I think I liked you better when you were still gimmicking, the GB of today is a very different vibe that I'm not sure I gel with at all.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #287 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:30 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 281, Garlic Bread wrote: So why the shade?
Also gimmick returns when I'm PC posting dw

And stuff doesn't need to ping bad - committing to finding people you *don't* want to eliminate is just as good if not more valuable
Wasn't meant to be shade, just general thoughts and vibes. It has been a pretty shit day, so some of that may have slipped through. You've just been doing a lot, a lot of which seems like the wrong time in the game to be doing it, so you're the easiest to have any sort of temperature on. I don't think you're scum for anything, just that we have wildly different approaches.

I mean yeah, that is fair, I don't really have a sense of anybody else for that either. It takes me a bit to really get into that.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #293 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:33 am

Post by xofelf »

Nooo, don't boil Alisae. Alisae's presence makes me happy D:
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #368 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 337, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think overall too xofelf might be my main scumread just for like general non-stance-ness
If not having a strong stance is something that gets scumread by you, I have terrible news about how most of my posts are going to look in every game I play ever.

In post 338, sheepsaysmeep wrote: also sorry xofelf that u had a bad day
I appreciate that a lot <3 it was just a bunch of grumpiness, but it improved with some video games.

In post 346, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 343, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 337, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think overall too xofelf might be my main scumread just for like general non-stance-ness
this pings me. Didn't you play with xof in election?
I was actually thinking abt like I remember them p immediately doing like a “vibes” read for each player in whichever game I played with them and I was gonna ask them to do that gun-to-head for this game because that feels really different to the approach right now
So iso-dive vibescheck? That being an early post was due to replacing into a slot that was already in some hot water and trying to have some decent content in case I was still the consensus yeet. But it's also something I do sometimes once most people have had a chance to post a bit more than just RVS or "hi i'm here posts".
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #516 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by xofelf »

Meant to pop in earlier and say that today was my son's Middle School Band Concert, and the auditorium has really shit chairs, so all my spoons were used for that and the body pain after. Stating intent to actually look at people actively instead of passive read/react. There's enough pages now to vibes people.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #571 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:24 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 540, VP Baltar wrote: Xof, can I get your take on alisae's town read of you as well? You feel like that's a reasonable conclusion?
Yeah actually, it is pretty reasonable. Ali's probably the person in this game who has managed to play with present playstyle xof most. And other than the game Ali modded when i was in a hydra with Pine, I've been town in every single one of those games. So Ali is somebody who would know how I play and be reasonably sure that i'm not doing anything outside of my meta, and would notice if I was. I don't think it's something Ali would do, but i do also roll town at an unreasonable rate, so just assuming i've done so again is a safe bet that could be adjusted after as needed.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #669 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 648, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 646, Alisae wrote: mebbe it's just vp + sheep gg x_x
i take full credit and we pretend i never reevaluated ( i want to pressure xof but i know that town xof doesnt care how much u pressure them u cannot get squeeze blood from a rock, so its largely useless to do so to help clear them)
I mean, it's not that I don't care. It's just that every single time before that I *did* react to it, I would be called defensive and scummy and then get misyeeted yet again, so I took the fuck it approach, pressure me as much as you want but I know damn well nothing I say is going to change your mind so fuck saying anything in that line. I'll just let my actions speak for me instead. Makes playing less of a shitty emotion drain that way too.

In post 639, hellbooks wrote: For me, a big part of the fun of mafia lies in the social and joking around with friends aspects.
See, that's why I signed up for this game at all given I was already kinda burnt out on mafia, a lot of people I really enjoy were playing so I wanted to play too. And sure a lot of people may not have that as their motivational reasoning, but I don't think this game has a lot of the sorts of people who *are* anti-shitposting and anti-friend posting. I don't think that's the direction people are pressuring you from, but maybe i'm misreading.
In post 652, hellbooks wrote: VINDICATED???? i am selfish i am wrong i am right?? I swear im right swear i knew it all along?? My breadther in christ youre like my biggest hater! Save that energy for the red flips hon!!!!
Thank you for getting this song stuck in my head now.

p-edit: I guess i'm not misreading then. but the vibes are weird here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #671 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by xofelf »

Idk that i'd say the whole *game* is that way, just GB is like that, and also the most talkative.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #697 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by xofelf »

Vibes:

Garlic Bread - I'm kinda all over the place here. Like, the non-gimmick vibes Bread gives off reminds me somebody I've played with before, but I can't quite pinpoint it, but it does make me feel differently about some of their posts. They're not a Day 1 problem is really the gist of it. I thought the gimmick was cute, and preferred over serious posting. Serious posting in the gimmick isn't my favourite either. I don't have a conclusion on them one way or another, but my gut says to keep a close watch as this is a player who plays hard as either alignment.

Baltar - I like Baltar posts. Nothing pings me badly, his reactions seem genuine and nothing he's said feels like it's trying to get me to read him in a certain light. A kind of, can't be arsed to waste energy maintaining perception vibe, but in a way I have to nod in mutual understanding/respect about. Idk, it works for me. Haven't really seen anything I'd call AI yet, but he posts in a way that he's a good person to revisit after we have any flips imo.

hellbooks - Early hellbooks posting was fun and good vibey. I kinda feel like she's overcorrected in response to pressure, and jokes she makes now hit different and less fun. Like, the vibes have changed, and i'm unsure if this is scummy defense reaction or justifiable "somebody took something i meant in a joking way as something that upset them and now they're grumpy with me" defense, both can read the same and I don't think I know hellbooks well enough to know how the difference feels.

Alisae - This just feels like good Alisae I like playing with. Though this is how Ali also read to me in TM when i was still reading their game, so maybe Ali's just really good at getting me to trust them >:( I'm sure if there's anything I should find sus here, it'll pop up eventually. Good vibe box for now.

Shea - I'm never sure if I'm just reading Shea in a positive light just because of how much I like him as a person, or because that's how he's playing in games. And I'm aware this is a weak spot, but here we are. That being said, while you started out by saying that you wanted to lurk and chill more, I'm missing some of that very pointed directed questioning you do a lot in games. That isn't to say you aren't questioning people on things they say and giving your thoughts to them, but there's usually a different force to them that I'm not seeing here. But I don't think it's AI, might just be Tired:tm:

sheep - People who make posts that are almost wholly one single sentence always make me wrinkle my nose, unless they're doing a Gamma Emerald and responding in real-time as they read the game. sheep's vibe is just lost. Like, I think he's more noncommital than I am. I wish he'd give more specific reasonings or what posts and which words caused his vibescheck results to change. It's just a lot of fluff, but fluff that if somebody says something strong enough he can change his opinion as he needs to. Which might be scummy, but I'm not confident on that.

tris - tris pops in and posts some silly, which I don't mind, because she also has some posts that show she's thinking about the game and how she's thinking about it. I would like a little more, but I think this is a good amount of tris.

Skygazer - whomst? no but actually, i know I've read Skygazer posts but I couldn't tell you a single thing about them on gut. Which after skimming iso here, seems to be a shame cuz these are some decent posts. I think I just keep losing her amidst all the hyper posters. They've got a ton of posts that have reasoning in them, and even if meta only means so much I do appreciate that they mention which games they're comparing to, and i tend to like people who ask for specific places to focus and then follow up once they've gotten that. Very solid good vibes box.

I don't have strong enough opinions on most people to gather everybody into their respective town pool, null pond, and scum puddle this time round. But since it was said the people who are in good vibes territory being mentioned would be preferred, that would be Skygazer and Alisae.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #699 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 673, Alisae wrote: Do you think Hellbooks responding to that way is town!indicative or wolf!indicative
I'm undecided. It feels like a genuine reaction, I'm just not completely sure if it's even AI, and if it is AI if it's scummy.
In post 676, hellbooks wrote:
In post 671, xofelf wrote: Idk that i'd say the whole *game* is that way, just GB is like that, and also the most talkative.
ok but i still felt the way i felt about it
its not like i was hurt by it but i just had a perspective shift where i thought "oh, different things might start to be expected of me this game, i should keep that in mind"

shea can be like "well i think youre lying about your feelings" and that is absolutely his right, but theres not really much i can say to prove that i felt a certain way so i just settled on voting him in an act of self love and self advocacy

i have to get an MRI at some point so if that overlaps with this game i'll ask the brain doctor about it. no i wont. that would violate the ongoing games policy. so, we shall proceed as such
Yeah, I get that, like.. you're totally okay to feel that way in that moment given the way things were phrased. I don't think you're the sort who would lie about your feelings, certainly not for a mafia game. It's just a difference in perception. I do hope stuff goes well for you IRL though <3.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #899 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:58 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 815, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Garlic Bread - I think this is town. I think he is playing in a way that is just he genuinely believes his reads; no other reason to play like this. if mafia no reason to repeat the same things many times and press people this way; breaking the gimmick in some conversations feels genuine
See, I agree with you. But GB's posting reminds me of the sort of game stuff Koba was just doing in Team Mafia and that was scum, so I'm keeping that possibility in the back of my head and hoping that this is just town.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #901 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:12 am

Post by xofelf »

Sure, but the energy is pretty similar. Especially the last couple pages. Would be nice if there could be a little less of that combative energy? Like, surely we can play mafia without being incredibly rude to other people?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #902 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 am

Post by xofelf »

Regardless, as much as I don't agree with the conclusion, I do think the way Baltar went about his longer post makes sense to me. It's not impossible this is Alisae!scum, but I don't think it is.

Sheep, idk, I can see the wheels turning but I'm not sure I'm getting enough to move them out of null into town.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #906 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:31 am

Post by xofelf »

I have no idea, it's just similar vibes.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #910 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:34 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 907, Garlic Bread wrote: (well xof has seen my towngame from the PoV of a host twice, and I think that they would do well to remember that)
What? Do you mean like... deadchat? cuz I've never modded a mafia game if that's what you mean by host.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #912 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:36 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh lmao. Yeah, Ceph mods.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #916 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am

Post by xofelf »

Would explain why it took only 3 minutes to "reassess".
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #920 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 917, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 916, xofelf wrote: Would explain why it took only 3 minutes to "reassess".
This is true, but then why the conviction in the other direction for the entire 10 pages prior.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #922 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:52 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 918, Garlic Bread wrote: Scum Koba avoids metaing people like the plague because of aforementioned difficulty in pushing people with it
I suppose that's fair. But, doesn't mean you wouldn't have some sense of it to start your reads from in the first place. You just then don't mention it unless relevant.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #987 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 924, Garlic Bread wrote: xofelf - just scummed vs him, and the trends are the same, the paranoia and link to my scumgame are reasonable takes from a town, although as I did correctly guess while scumming its a style that i find hard to locktown. i will just assume he cannot endgame as scum.
Surprised I have to clear this up for you specifically, but it's they.

It's a fair assumption to make given the last game I had where I randed scum that actually finished was so long ago I don't even remember the name of the game, and I replaced in, so *I* don't even know if I can endgame as scum. Haven't had the privilege to try iirc.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #988 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 924, Garlic Bread wrote: xofelf - just scummed vs him, and the trends are the same, the paranoia and link to my scumgame are reasonable takes from a town, although as I did correctly guess while scumming its a style that i find hard to locktown. i will just assume he cannot endgame as scum.
Surprised I have to clear this up for you specifically, but it's they.

It's a fair assumption to make given the last game I had where I randed scum that actually finished was so long ago I don't even remember the name of the game, and I replaced in, so *I* don't even know if I can endgame as scum. Haven't had the privilege to try iirc.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #989 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

Well fine, double post.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #991 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by xofelf »

I wondered if that's what happened again xD You good <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #998 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

I think I might be a bit biased against your playstyle, GB. It keeps hitting these places that are just mean at best. Like, there's an energy to your posts, especially the last couple pages that I almost don't care what your alignment is, I'd yeet you on principle to make the game feel less shitty. Like, when you aren't being argumentative and, only adjective I have for it, entitled, your posts are fairly decent and it makes me want to read your posts and engage with you. But you do so much of the rest that you kill the fun and make your posts fairly distasteful to read, even if any of your posts have merit and weight to them. Is there something you could do perhaps to make the experience of playing with you again actually a good thing? Like you were cool and chill in the neighbourhood, that user I want to play with. This current energy I don't want as it's such an energy sap and spoon killer.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1001 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ugh, do I have to be thread mom and send you both to your rooms? gross
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1138 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1105, Skygazer wrote: i think the main source of my frozenness is just the feeling that all of my reads have high potential to be wrong
I'm very much in the same spot, but it's even so much as having whole reads. I also need a flip to go off of.

I think I'm just gonna have to think about this in terms of, positive utility, and people who will actively be doing something with flip information(which dos technically put me in the bottom tier in that ranking, but I know that and everybody else knows that so it's fine). Hoping to have some time here late tonight to do more than just read along. But to be clear, I'm not sure how much these people would do with new information based on how they've played so far: tris, sheep, skygazer. Could there be scum in there? sure. Could they also just be lost townies? oh most definitely. But they're people i sometimes forget is playing and couldn't tell you offhand strong stances, so I wanna focus there once i'm free to do so.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1244 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1140, Skygazer wrote: FWIW in response to xof's last post: I played similarly here in brass and shrapnel, had a rather frozen day one. After the first flip I shot scum N1 and put in a bit of effort to help win the game D2. So I can be good at this game sometimes!! I wish I had it in me to feign confidence in my early play but for some reason I can't.
That's completely fair! And also what I've been assuming. Some people aren't good D1 players, and that's fine. I do know your name enough that you must be some kind of good else I wouldn't.
In post 1228, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1222, Thestatusquo wrote: I've elaborated plenty. Do not mistake my exhaustion from having to deal with your constant thread presence for not having a good argument. I've made my arguments very clearly no matter how many times you keep saying the opposite with no explanation.

The cool thing about mafia is there's other people in the thread and I don't have to convince the obvious bad faith person, but everyone else.
well weird thing is everyone else agrees with me and is working from the same PoV as me weirdly enough
Don't put words in my mouth. I don't think Shea's reasons for thinking sheep is town are forced or bullshit. I don't even think Shea has made actively bad posts either so I'm always really confused that you have the perspective on them that you do. Like.. it feels like you do this thing where if somebody doesn't explain something in the exact same way you would or from the same perspective, then they are wrong and forcing things, or you entirely disregard them and their viewpoints as if they never happened. That's such a weird way to play that I'm surprised it ever works for you *and* that you still come back and play more games. Cuz like, it's always going to get you into these arguments and situations.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1418 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by xofelf »

VOTE: Garlic Bread

I don't care what alignment you are, the way you've been playing the last few pages is just really gross and I'm not playing with that kind of shit. The degree to which you went to test somebody specific is uncalled for and unnecessary, and if you're as good a player as you say, you don't need to resort to that level of emotional manipulation for fucking forum game on the internet there is no actual prize for winning. You have been personally holding this game and thread hostage in a way that is incredibly uncomfortable and I'm fucking done. I'm not voting anywhere else today, it does not matter if you are town, I cannot play this game with that kind of play in it.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1420 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

I don't think sheep is scum, so no, I don't want to vote there.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1439 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by xofelf »

Look, I expect to end up in tears over Survivor games, but not like this over fucking mafia. I signed up for this game cuz the flavour was definitely going to be cute and fun, and the playerlist has a bunch of people I enjoy playing with. But it's been decidedly not fun and I'm tired and frustrated and angry. I shouldn't have to feel like every time I catch up and read this thread that I need to step away again because I'm so exhausted after reading. I can't look at slots objectively when I just have such bad feelings while engaging in the thread and I'm aware that it is hindering my ability to play, and I'm not a very good player in the first place. But reading the game through multi-iso shouldn't be something anybody should have to do so as not to read posts from a specific playerslot, kinda makes that slot anti-town at best from my pov. I'm just over it. And maybe if I take a step away from the game again I could be convinced to vote somewhere else, but today right now, I'm not about it. And I don't really want to just hammer a specific slot just so that the day ends when I think that slot is town and could be helpful, and I can't be sure what the gamestate looks like Tomorrow:tm:.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1460 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1447, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1439, xofelf wrote: Look, I expect to end up in tears over Survivor games, but not like this over fucking mafia. I signed up for this game cuz the flavour was definitely going to be cute and fun, and the playerlist has a bunch of people I enjoy playing with. But it's been decidedly not fun and I'm tired and frustrated and angry. I shouldn't have to feel like every time I catch up and read this thread that I need to step away again because I'm so exhausted after reading. I can't look at slots objectively when I just have such bad feelings while engaging in the thread and I'm aware that it is hindering my ability to play, and I'm not a very good player in the first place. But reading the game through multi-iso shouldn't be something anybody should have to do so as not to read posts from a specific playerslot, kinda makes that slot anti-town at best from my pov. I'm just over it. And maybe if I take a step away from the game again I could be convinced to vote somewhere else, but today right now, I'm not about it. And I don't really want to just hammer a specific slot just so that the day ends when I think that slot is town and could be helpful, and I can't be sure what the gamestate looks like Tomorrow:tm:.
while ive been a bit of a shitter with how ive reacted to all this, consider that ive been enduring this unnecessary personal grudge from shea where he started by insulting my personal skill at the game and made it his goal to shut me out of the game while I tried to extend multiple olive branches and such over the course of the game and just gave up and yeah im just gonna have fun with it while i can because i have confidence he is town and im gonna try to carry him even if I dont think he deserves to win this game and I have no stakes at this point.

i didnt make it my personal goal to make the day revolve around "we need to just kill this slot without discussing why"

im not gonna like say im a saint but consider the other side and that im a super reactive person to people. i *wanted* to try to work with shea and even like didn't interfere with whatever he was doing with baltar for instance near the beginning because i was just not interested in stepping on toes and let him play it out etc. but apparently because i am a very measured and objective person and feel reasonably experienced to notice stuff over the course of a lot of games , i still have to bow down to shea's play? like this is basically how it is, his primary issue *is that i offended him by my confidence in my own play*. Like IDK yeah its a pretty crazy manipulative move to discredit him by pushing a scumworld with him in it, but I didnt even have to admit i was doing that, I could have let him stay in PoE after the flip and seeing it be red and let it happen, I came clean when I felt it was appropriate.
Sure, like I get that. I'm just fucking tired dude, and I'm genuinely not okay with that kind of play in a game. I think I'm just incredibly burnt out on mafia. The fucking Shirou and mastina shitfest was exhausting and this situation feels worse after. Like, I am genuinely sorry if you've taken any of my posts tonight on a personal level cuz like, I like you a lot as a person, I just find it incredibly difficult to play with that kind of interaction.

sheep, you do have a point about a 1 v 1 trade is stupid, especially given you've claimed VT while GB is not. You just also feel like an easy vote being pushed that nobody has strong enough feelings to fight for you and it gives me pause and I don't particularly like to vote for town if I can help it.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1462 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1451, hellbooks wrote: I'm very sorry xof and your frustration is valid
I appreciate you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1533 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1525, Alisae wrote:
In post 1523, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1517, Alisae wrote: Hmmmmm yes I will pretend to care about sheep legacy
idk why ur shitting on my usefulness bro my read accuracy has genuinely gotten more and more respectable as ive progressed further away from puberty
It has nothing to do with u or ur read accuracy no one cares about what dead town has to say
Speak for yourself, I usually do care what deadtown has to say, and it's helped me sort people out before.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1696 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:37 am

Post by xofelf »

Man, y'all have been fucking busy since day start. I need more caffiene to follow literally any of this.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1713 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:13 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1699, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1696, xofelf wrote: Man, y'all have been fucking busy since day start. I need more caffiene to follow literally any of this.
Trust me there's some good stuff in there I mean the pagliacci callback is stuff that writers could only dream up of and i would like to ask you all to please clap
It was a very good callback. It's just one of those days where you wake up both feeling like you haven't slept *and* irritated at everything in existence, even though you slept for 10+ hours. So i'm waiting for that to pass.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1737 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:17 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1735, Thestatusquo wrote: xof is so hard to read, because I've never seen them be scum.

this game matches my town xof meta pretty perfectly but I don't know what scum xof looks like in 2023 the year of our lord.
Nobody does. Wish I could help you with that, but mods seem to be adverse to handing me scum role PMs, dunno why that is.

While I'm happy we hit scum, I'm a little sad Baltar went out the way he did. I've got some thinking to do about this game, though that will have to wait until evening. But the pile of Ali/tris needs some attention.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1775 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

It was less decide to give the game rest, and more I have so much shit going on emotionally today that I have nothing to give the game.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1777 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah no shit, that's what I mean. Once RL stuff resolves, then I can even be on the court but that's not today.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1784 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1778, Alisae wrote: hug
Thanks. This is at the top of my priority list for tomorrow.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2192 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:18 am

Post by xofelf »

Great game played Shea, *especially* managing it while you had all the Survivormeet stuff going. You should have had a rougher time doing so and you didn't, so I'm impressed.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2215 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:58 am

Post by xofelf »

I originally had a reply here that I realize is gonna make a whole *thing* of this post game, and fuck that, so not sending it.
In post 2200, Thestatusquo wrote: Xoffy one day you will roll scum but it is not this day. Love you as always.
I keep telling people, Town and mostly Vanilla is what I roll when I play, you'd know if I got anything not that cuz I'd be so excited to do *anything* not just voting. And I love you too. <3

hellbooks, i loved your whole everything this game. Like, you seemed to be living your best life in those posts, and I appreciate you being here.

Aside from a handful of things, this game was really fun to play, even if it didn't all work out for us in the end.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2220 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:06 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2217, Enchant wrote: where's my funny comment from shea
I appreciate you replacing me <3 you had a lot of energy in the slot I just didn't have when I left.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”