BooneyToonz Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 194, TemporalLich wrote: actually yeah, Jingle's idea of Earl being "Anyone who learns your role will also learn your alignment." makes Earl slightly more than just a Named Townie and makes for some interesting setup ideas. For example, someone rolecopping a Mafia Earl Doctor would actually get results of Mafia Earl Doctor instead of just Earl Doctor.

It also would allow for modified versions of Earl to exist, such as Activated Earl, 1-shot Earl, and Night-Specific Earl.
I’m only earl when I want to be.

Also, activated earl informed mafia traitor who knows mafia have a rolecop.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Bingle »

Also, lol at Personal Supervisor.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 213, Flavor Leaf wrote: Underutilized. Want the option open. I would probably not end the game on a jester fade, and would likely have some kind of variation, but haven’t put too much thought into it.
Hear me out: Mimes.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 217, TemporalLich wrote: alternately, a jester-like role could be similar to hunter and hunted, but I feel that doesn't give much player agency to the one that needs to block the jester elimination
The jester/hunted could need to specifically get elimmed and the hunter/antijester could have a one shot day kill.

Or: mimes.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 223, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 218, Bingle wrote:
In post 217, TemporalLich wrote: alternately, a jester-like role could be similar to hunter and hunted, but I feel that doesn't give much player agency to the one that needs to block the jester elimination
The jester/hunted could need to specifically get elimmed and the hunter/antijester could have a one shot day kill.

Or: mimes.
is the mime flavor what does it for ya, the gameplay of it, or the combination of both?
Mime is an established Jester faction. Mimes win if ALL mimes are elimmed (and not nk'd).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 229, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 228, Gamma Emerald wrote: Those look good I think
should I add these to the wiki?

my preference would be to have names for the motion detector-based modifiers though idk a good third set of names

maybe these may work?

Oblivious
- Action only succeeds if the target has targeted someone else or been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector negative result)
Inertial
- Action only succeeds if the target has not targeted someone else nor been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector positive result)
Distracted
- Action only succeeds if the target has acted (action fails on a reporter negative result)
Sedentary
- Action only succeeds if the target has not acted (action fails on a reporter positive result)
Inattentive
- Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector negative result)
Unconfident
- Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector positive result)
I think I'd change which is which for some of these, tbh. Like, distracted gives me the idea that other things happening will fuck with the result and oblivious makes me think the target needs to act to make things obvious. Like an oblivious cop wouldn't get a guilty unless the mafia were actually killing someone when they were investigated.

Motion Dependent
- Action only succeeds if the target has targeted someone else or been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector negative result)
Distracted
- Action only succeeds if the target has not targeted someone else nor been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector positive result)
Oblivious
- Action only succeeds if the target has acted (action fails on a reporter negative result)
Time-Lapse
- Action only succeeds if the target has not acted (action fails on a reporter positive result)
Inattentive
- Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector negative result)
Unconfident
- Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector positive result)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”