Changes to Normal Games (update September 2022)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1225 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1224, Random Nurse wrote: It's a bad idea to remove multiball from Large normal games, period. You notice this site isn't nearly as busy as it was back in 2013; you remove multiball from Large Normals and you're putting another nail in the coffin.

Soon I'll be modding a Large Normal that is multiball. These types of games aren't as uncommon as you think they are.
they can always be run in the theme queue, look how long T3's took to fill.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I would like to once again propose a modular addition to Normals that disables Nighttalk rather than Daytalk for non-Factional chats.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1229, Random Nurse wrote: What if there was a Town PR that can disable all Daytalk for whatever slot they target, for the rest if the Day, Day and Night, or permanently?
This kind of role goes into non-normal feeling functionality.

"Curfew Enforcer" as cook made in the GIM thread is a good name for the inverse of an encryptor that globally disables non factional night talk, which would also be cool.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Its not a bad role idea, just feels a lot better as a theme game role
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

RN I think you may be happier doing what Flavor Leaf did with Booneytoons and make your own "spicy Normal" variant with your own ruleset thats run in the theme queue. that way A) we can see how it plays out and B) you can run the games you want to

some of what you suggest would never be accepted into normalcy and it'd be better to find realistic solutions to what you'd like at this point.

The "make a PR stop working at X point" is definitely already legal, we can create language that makes it more compressed like "N1-N3", but changing the role itself is probably unfeasible as say a rolecop investigated said role on day 1 and then a vanilla cop investigated on night 4. the results would be contradictory in a pretty eh way.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I support:

Neighborhood Cop
Bulwark
Unnamed role 1(supposed to be a modifier)
[role]-Immune
Superstar
Gravedigger
Gunless
[role]-Disabler
Famous
Epicurean (personally i think the name is a bit too out there?)
Vulnerable

Unstoppable
Pressured
Gun-Loving
Gutless
Obsessive
Temporary

everything else is either non-normal IMO or too OP to see reasonable use.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

The way the role would play out is miller-esque and they would normally claim start of game, which helps quell such concerns.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

more interested in the fact it brings it into the claimspace for mafia to claim
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the NRG thinks there is too much complexity creep in normals now and would prefer to go in the other direction - the last time we had a simple normal completed was umlaut's, and that was just a funny 3 mason setup.

Like I mentioned before to you, you are 100% free to run your own series of games in theme queue that is advertised as normal level balancing with extra roles/modifiers that you choose. If you make it good, people will come - as is the case with Booneytoons.
retired

Return to “Mafia Discussion”