Stop doing 48 hour nights

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by yessiree »

I think 36 hours is ideal.
In the worst case scenario with the scum team having major time zone differences, I'd want to give each of them a chance to check in
twice
, with the assumption that they would check in every day. 24 hours is stretching it - people's schedules may not allow them to check in for a second time to respond to stuff.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 14, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1, Ircher wrote: Why? 24 hour nights can be problematic for people in other time zones from the moderator.
I think it's even worse when you're in a different time zone from your scumbuddy.

Arguably, a better mechanic might be to make fast nights the default on every night, so if everyone does submit early enough then you don't have to wait. I don't think 24 hours is always long enough for a scumteam to discuss and arrive on the right target for multiple different night actions.
I think default fast nights can be taken advantage of by some people to town clear players in the game when they know said players couldn't have checked in to submit night actions. I know it IS out-of-game influence but they don't need to truthfully justify their reasoning but it does effectively reduce their scum pool.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”