Stop doing 48 hour nights

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

I personally don't think I would play in a short deadline game if only because my motivation levels vary so much. Maybe in a micro under the right circumstances. Blitz-paced games could be interesting to play in/moderate if I have a long weekend with nothing to do, too, but most of the time I wouldn't be able to. 10-14 days is kind of my sweet spot, maybe 7 for micros.

There is kind of an empty bored feeling when a game goes to night and you have nothing to do for a day or two but still want to post. I used to just sign up for multiple games because of that (or fill the itch with Town of Salem), but I'm kind of a one game at a time gal lately. As a mod, I've thought about running a game with night talk in the main thread to alleviate that, but still haven't gotten around to it outside of a marathon game I ran a while back. Nowadays when I'm bored during a night phase I just take game notes or play chess instead or something.

Speaking as a game moderator, I feel like there would be many more missed night actions for 24 hour nights. 36 hours would probably be better, but yeah the thing where night ends at 3am would kind of make it inherently longer than 36 hours a lot of the time anyways. With 48 hours I can generally have more of a guarantee the game will open within the hour, unless I happen to be awake later than I should be at hammer-time (in which case I go back and forth between the solutions of "slightly longer night" vs "slightly longer twilight" depending on how I feel). Granted, I have a pretty nice set of life circumstances that allow me to be as on top of my game modding as I usually am.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to running a shorter deadline game some time to see what the appetite is for it. I can probably keep up with modding at MU pace way better than I could play.

Anyways, IIRC, the last short deadline game I saw in the queue had trouble filling because it was so dependent on people's schedules (and that was like a three to five player game I think, lol). The blitz queue was before my time but I remember hearing that had trouble taking off as well.

My two cents.
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Skygazer »

I should clarify that by "many more" I didn't mean "it'll happen a lot," but I think it would happen more than it happens now (which is rare to be fair).

Pre-moving kind of solves that issue anyways.
replacement queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 27, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i am neutral on this issue and i think there's some good and bad on both sides. we just need a little bit more compassion in this world. an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
i made it three sentences in before realizing what thread i was in
replacement queue

Return to “Mafia Discussion”