Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4927 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I seem to remember a game a few years ago where every player were given a a secret alt by the mod, kind of to avoid too much meta talk.

I have had an idea brewing that kind of takes this idea but really turning the volume up.

All signups are secret, only by PM's to the game mod, who assigns a secret alt account to them. The actual player list is not publicly revealed, not yet at least.

Let's say it is a 13p game, at game start a potential player list is revealed of 18p stating that 13 of these 18 Mafia scum players are in this game.

The setup of the game would be fairly normal(daytime lims, night time factional NK and normal town/scum PR's).

But......

The big twist is that if you target a player with any night action you have to guess who, out of the 18 players listed, said player is.

This is where I am I not sure exactly how that would work, since it would be very difficult figuring out who you are targeting, especially in early game. I figured there could be mod hints, either public or private, and various lifelines that can be utilized to try to figure out a players identity.

Anyone think there is some meat to this bone?

I need some smarter setup people to try to mold this ball of clay into something special.......or tell me I am an idiot haha.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4934 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4933, Gamma Emerald wrote: Problem is a chunk of mafia players are basically incapable of masking their posting style, or just aren’t aware of what makes their posting style so distinct
That is a big part of why I think it could be a very interesting setup.

Plus many people have alts where they change their play style anyways, or at least attempt to.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4936 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4935, Maestro wrote: It's not a bad idea! I'd be happy to join a PT or MD thread to discuss refinements or smth, but I do just encourage a lot of refinements/consideration to be put into how this is run
I have never modded a game, so I don't think I would be the one to mod this game. But, I am happy to pass off this idea to an experienced mod(maybe you) who can cross the t's and dot the i's and refine what needs to be refined.

As long as I am given an Executive Producer credit lol
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4939 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4937, RH9 wrote:
In post 4927, Doctor Drew wrote: I seem to remember a game a few years ago where every player were given a a secret alt by the mod, kind of to avoid too much meta talk.

I have had an idea brewing that kind of takes this idea but really turning the volume up.

All signups are secret, only by PM's to the game mod, who assigns a secret alt account to them. The actual player list is not publicly revealed, not yet at least.

Let's say it is a 13p game, at game start a potential player list is revealed of 18p stating that 13 of these 18 Mafia scum players are in this game.

The setup of the game would be fairly normal(daytime lims, night time factional NK and normal town/scum PR's).

But......

The big twist is that if you target a player with any night action you have to guess who, out of the 18 players listed, said player is.

This is where I am I not sure exactly how that would work, since it would be very difficult figuring out who you are targeting, especially in early game. I figured there could be mod hints, either public or private, and various lifelines that can be utilized to try to figure out a players identity.

Anyone think there is some meat to this bone?

I need some smarter setup people to try to mold this ball of clay into something special.......or tell me I am an idiot haha.
I'd be willing to mod this if I get the time.
Though, the setup might need some refinement as pointed out by Alianna.
Also, what Maestro and Gamma said.
You would be a great choice to mod this setup imo

Return to “Mafia Discussion”